Skip to content

Honest no fanboy discussion about our front 7

The Browns Board
93 18 2.4k
  • @ghoolie said:

    Again, horseshit analytics, buzzwords, explanations as to why the results are actually way way way way better than what they seem.

    Look, this shit started with Blosar. When he couldn't get the job done, when nobody could point to his great physical skills and over-the-top achievements, they started this bullshit of "he's the smarstest QB fuckdialog. It was bullshit nobody could prove or disprove.

    Same shit with this cunt Garrett. It is already happening. The guy is supposed to be a monster, a QB eater.....but after 3 pre-soeason games, he is purring...........like a pussy. So, instead of you guys coming in here and talking about all the opponents he is fucking up, pummling, destroying and intimidating............ what is it that you are doing? Ah, yeah...............mouth ejaculating about how he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do in Greg WIlliams system.

    It's horse shit. Weeks ago I was listening to how he was going to plant Big Ben. This fucking Cowgirl couldn't plant a fucking geranium. Turkey Jones was a motherfucker....Garrett? He is a cunt. He would ride the pine in Pittsburgh. When he starts knocking people on their ass, then you can tell me about how good he is. 

    I can see it now...................Garrett should be in the HOF because while he never made a lot of this, sacks and tackles, he was 100% effective at carrying out his orders. He's the #1  #1 pick. He can fuck Greg Williams homosexual husband/wife for all I care. The cocksucker was drafted to make plays. SO far, he hasn't showed shit.

    Hahahaha. Sez the guy who pronounced Pac-Man Lynch as the second coming in Denver. You know- the guy who can't beat out Trevor Semen for the starting job? You know- the guy who's so cock sure Garrett is already a bust after 3 preseason games, when it took another #1 overall pick (Clowney) three seasons to reach his full potential?   

    I'll sure as hell trust HOFer Bruce Smith's opinion of Myles over yours. So don't give me some BS spew that Lynch "needs more time" when you're proclaining Garrett to be a bust after 3 preseason games. BTW, Hue is still coaching the Browns Nostradamus.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @hoorta said:

    Hahahaha. Sez the guy who pronounced Pac-Man Lynch as the second coming in Denver. You know- the guy who can't beat out Trevor Semen for the starting job? You know- the guy who's so cock sure Garrett is already a bust after 3 preseason games, when it took another #1 overall pick (Clowney) three seasons to reach his full potential?   

    I'll sure as hell trust HOFer Bruce Smith's opinion of Myles over yours. So don't give me some BS spew that Lynch "needs more time" when you're proclaining Garrett to be a bust after 3 preseason games. BTW, Hue is still coaching the Browns Nostradamus.

    I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Again, horseshit analytics, buzzwords, explanations as to why the results are actually way way way way better than what they seem.

    Look, this shit started with Blosar. When he couldn't get the job done, when nobody could point to his great physical skills and over-the-top achievements, they started this bullshit of "he's the smarstest QB fuckdialog. It was bullshit nobody could prove or disprove.

    Same shit with this cunt Garrett. It is already happening. The guy is supposed to be a monster, a QB eater.....but after 3 pre-season games, he is purring...........like a pussy. So, instead of you guys coming in here and talking about all the opponents he is fucking up, pummling, destroying and intimidating............ what is it that you are doing? Ah, yeah...............mouth ejaculating about how he is doing exactly what he is supposed to do in Greg WIlliams system.

    It's horse shit. Weeks ago I was listening to how he was going to plant Big Ben. This fucking Cowgirl couldn't plant a fucking geranium. Turkey Jones was a motherfucker....Garrett? He is a cunt. He would ride the pine in Pittsburgh. When he starts knocking people on their ass, then you can tell me about how good he is. 

    I can see it now...................Garrett should be in the HOF because while he never made a lot of this, sacks and tackles, he was 100% effective at carrying out his orders. He's the #1  #1 pick. He can fuck Greg Williams homosexual husband/wife for all I care. The cocksucker was drafted to make plays. SO far, he hasn't showed shit.

    You're not watching the games evidently. Garett is doing things in the pass rush already that we haven't seen from a Browns pass rusher in........I dunno maybe before I was born so ur looking at the 80's. I've never seen a Browns pass rusher with his moves. You know full well I was critical of Garetts ability to hold up at the edge from his college tape. I've yet to see him moved when he planted. I've seen him guess wrong and get pinched to the wrong side of the play, ok...that happens to everyone. 

    I watched the Chargers/Rams games yesterday and keened in on my boy Bosa. Played pretty decent..had a nice strip of Goff that Ingram returned for a touchdown. But in comparison Garrett was more consistently nearer to Winston throughout the game than Bosa was around Goff. Bosa got pulled earlier tho and he might also be pedaling a little bit with a finger injury. But in all seriousness Ghoolie if you don't see Garrett's potential "already", I'm not sure you're qualified to judge football players period. Garrett so far has been taking 1st string offensive lineman and walking them back off the line consistently. How is he a cunt exactly? He's already showing more strength and stoutness at the point that Sheard ever did for us...and I was a huge fan of sheard, I was livid when we ditched the 4-3 after one year and converted him to an OLB'er. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @clevfan4life said:

    You're not watching the games evidently. Garett is doing things in the pass rush already that we haven't seen from a Browns pass rusher in........I dunno maybe before I was born so ur looking at the 80's. I've never seen a Browns pass rusher with his moves. You know full well I was critical of Garetts ability to hold up at the edge from his college tape. I've yet to see him moved when he planted. I've seen him guess wrong and get pinched to the wrong side of the play, ok...that happens to everyone. 

    I watched the Chargers/Rams games yesterday and keened in on my boy Bosa. Played pretty decent..had a nice strip of Goff that Ingram returned for a touchdown. But in comparison Garrett was more consistently nearer to Winston throughout the game than Bosa was around Goff. Bosa got pulled earlier tho and he might also be pedaling a little bit with a finger injury. But in all seriousness Ghoolie if you don't see Garrett's potential "already", I'm not sure you're qualified to judge football players period. Garrett so far has been taking 1st string offensive lineman and walking them back off the line consistently. How is he a cunt exactly? He's already showing more strength and stoutness at the point that Sheard ever did for us...and I was a huge fan of sheard, I was livid when we ditched the 4-3 after one year and converted him to an OLB'er. 

    With all due respect. All that observation is noise. He needs to make fucking plays. You don't win games by having nicer moves than anyone before you. 

    Look, you know more about football than I do. Can you please explain the scoreboard to me? Just how many style points go into a team's score?

  • @hoorta said:

    Hahahaha. Sez the guy who pronounced Pac-Man Lynch as the second coming in Denver. You know- the guy who can't beat out Trevor Semen for the starting job? You know- the guy who's so cock sure Garrett is already a bust after 3 preseason games, when it took another #1 overall pick (Clowney) three seasons to reach his full potential?   

    I'll sure as hell trust HOFer Bruce Smith's opinion of Myles over yours. So don't give me some BS spew that Lynch "needs more time" when you're proclaining Garrett to be a bust after 3 preseason games. BTW, Hue is still coaching the Browns Nostradamus.

    I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @ghoolie said:

    I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on.

    I think being beaten out by Trevor Siemian two years in a row is something on which Lynch can be judged. That plus actually watching Lynch both preseasons.

  • @hoorta said:

    Hahahaha. Sez the guy who pronounced Pac-Man Lynch as the second coming in Denver. You know- the guy who can't beat out Trevor Semen for the starting job? You know- the guy who's so cock sure Garrett is already a bust after 3 preseason games, when it took another #1 overall pick (Clowney) three seasons to reach his full potential?   

    I'll sure as hell trust HOFer Bruce Smith's opinion of Myles over yours. So don't give me some BS spew that Lynch "needs more time" when you're proclaining Garrett to be a bust after 3 preseason games. BTW, Hue is still coaching the Browns Nostradamus.

    I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #32

    @ghoolie said:

    I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.

    Kizer already got the message loud and clear from Hue- start sliding. goober.  Drastic change from the Giants game to the Bucs game... 

    @ghoolie said:

    With all due respect. All that observation is noise. He needs to make fucking plays. You don't win games by having nicer moves than anyone before you. 

    Look, you know more about football than I do. Can you please explain the scoreboard to me? Just how many style points go into a team's score?

    There's more to just "making plays". It's called occupying a couple blockers so your teammates can make plays. It's making teams respect you so much- they run plays to the other side- or one of the great neutralizers- run the play right at you with a double team. 

    @tour2ma said:

    I think being beaten out by Trevor Siemian two years in a row is something on which Lynch can be judged. That plus actually watching Lynch both preseasons.

    Beat me to it Tour. There's now 2 preseasons of tape on Lynch, plus he played in three regular season games. WAY more tape than anyone has on Garrett. Seem there's some rumblings in Bronco Land....  Last preseason game two passes, one completion- man he's sure lighting it up. 

     http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/23/broncos-quarterback-paxton-lynch-kiszla/

  • @hoorta said:

    Hahahaha. Sez the guy who pronounced Pac-Man Lynch as the second coming in Denver. You know- the guy who can't beat out Trevor Semen for the starting job? You know- the guy who's so cock sure Garrett is already a bust after 3 preseason games, when it took another #1 overall pick (Clowney) three seasons to reach his full potential?   

    I'll sure as hell trust HOFer Bruce Smith's opinion of Myles over yours. So don't give me some BS spew that Lynch "needs more time" when you're proclaining Garrett to be a bust after 3 preseason games. BTW, Hue is still coaching the Browns Nostradamus.

    I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @ghoolie said:

    I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.

    You make it sound like the Steelers are a defense to be feared. That has not been the case in quite some time.  I would fear BR and AB going off on the Browns more than I would worry about their defense.  

    I think the Steelers should more likely fear the Browns OL/run game....though, admittedly, our passing game is not at a point that it is a fearsome thing, no. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @boo-fagley said:

    How can experts even form an opinion on this latest draft after only 3 pre season games let alone someone with 30 years experience watching football on TV? 

    Its also plausible that Williams is holding Garret back somewhat. Turn him loose on Pittsburgh then see what he brings to the table.

    Ive lost all faith in Ghoolie and his predictions. Appears that Tribsky will lose the starting job to Glennon. I just found out about another of his favorites Paxton Lynch.  He tells me that Brady is finished. 

    I would not worry so much about Trubisky sitting down in favor of Glennon.  They are simply doing what most people expected the Browns to do: sit Kizer and start B.O.  I don't think it is so much that MT has "lost" the starting job. Its just that they are doing the normal "sit and learn" thing for him.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    You're not watching the games evidently. Garett is doing things in the pass rush already that we haven't seen from a Browns pass rusher in........I dunno maybe before I was born so ur looking at the 80's. I've never seen a Browns pass rusher with his moves. You know full well I was critical of Garetts ability to hold up at the edge from his college tape. I've yet to see him moved when he planted. I've seen him guess wrong and get pinched to the wrong side of the play, ok...that happens to everyone. 

    I watched the Chargers/Rams games yesterday and keened in on my boy Bosa. Played pretty decent..had a nice strip of Goff that Ingram returned for a touchdown. But in comparison Garrett was more consistently nearer to Winston throughout the game than Bosa was around Goff. Bosa got pulled earlier tho and he might also be pedaling a little bit with a finger injury. But in all seriousness Ghoolie if you don't see Garrett's potential "already", I'm not sure you're qualified to judge football players period. Garrett so far has been taking 1st string offensive lineman and walking them back off the line consistently. How is he a cunt exactly? He's already showing more strength and stoutness at the point that Sheard ever did for us...and I was a huge fan of sheard, I was livid when we ditched the 4-3 after one year and converted him to an OLB'er. 

    With all due respect. All that observation is noise. He needs to make fucking plays. You don't win games by having nicer moves than anyone before you. 

    Look, you know more about football than I do. Can you please explain the scoreboard to me? Just how many style points go into a team's score?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @ghoolie said:

    With all due respect. All that observation is noise. He needs to make fucking plays. You don't win games by having nicer moves than anyone before you. 

    Look, you know more about football than I do. Can you please explain the scoreboard to me? Just how many style points go into a team's score?

    Ghoolie football is a teamsport. If a guy is forcing qb's to throw the ball early that means he's getting IN. Thats all u can ask out of a pass rusher. Theres other things tho like run defense that so far garrett has shown more he's as good or better at than anyone else on the team. He's a rookie in pre season. Wait till the end of the year to grade him alright?

  • @ghoolie said:

    I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.

    You make it sound like the Steelers are a defense to be feared. That has not been the case in quite some time.  I would fear BR and AB going off on the Browns more than I would worry about their defense.  

    I think the Steelers should more likely fear the Browns OL/run game....though, admittedly, our passing game is not at a point that it is a fearsome thing, no. 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @the-gipper said:

    You make it sound like the Steelers are a defense to be feared. That has not been the case in quite some time.  I would fear BR and AB going off on the Browns more than I would worry about their defense.  

    I think the Steelers should more likely fear the Browns OL/run game....though, admittedly, our passing game is not at a point that it is a fearsome thing, no. 

    Why would the steelers fear our ol now?

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #37

    I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof

  • I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @medicineman said:

    I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof

    I disagree there. I focused in on his play the first preseason game, and the guy really does take on 2 blockers a good chunk of the time on his way into the backfield.

    He's the caddy of the defense, teeing it up for the other guys to make plays.

  • I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @medicineman said:

    I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof

    I laughed pretty hard at this.  

    Danny is going nowhere. 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Danny is out for 2-3 weeks to start the season - he injured his knee in practice 8/16 and the estimate was 4-6wks.

  • @medicineman said:

    I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof

    I laughed pretty hard at this.  

    Danny is going nowhere. 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tiamat63 said:

    I laughed pretty hard at this.  

    Danny is going nowhere. 

    Danny cut before orchard?? That was a headscratcher

  • @the-gipper said:

    You make it sound like the Steelers are a defense to be feared. That has not been the case in quite some time.  I would fear BR and AB going off on the Browns more than I would worry about their defense.  

    I think the Steelers should more likely fear the Browns OL/run game....though, admittedly, our passing game is not at a point that it is a fearsome thing, no. 

    Why would the steelers fear our ol now?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @clevfan4life said:

    Why would the steelers fear our ol now?

    Because it very well may be the best in the league.  It has, arguably, the best talent of any OL in football.  And in preseason, it really has not been asked to show what it can do in terms of the run game. 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Ragland was available for only a fourth? Yes he popped an ACL but I'd take that gamble every day.. Sashi missed one here..

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Why would the steelers fear our ol now?

    Because it very well may be the best in the league.  It has, arguably, the best talent of any OL in football.  And in preseason, it really has not been asked to show what it can do in terms of the run game. 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @the-gipper said:

    Because it very well may be the best in the league.  It has, arguably, the best talent of any OL in football.  And in preseason, it really has not been asked to show what it can do in terms of the run game. 

    Its the best in the league? Says who? 

    If u say pff gip, we're gonna have to take it out back

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    What the Browns have been so miserable at is developing talent. How you build a championship team is making those  2nd, 3rd, 4th round guys into viable starters or quality depth players. 

    What's super encouraging from my perspective is it seems like finally the defense is DEVELOPING talent and keeping the guys worth paying. Nassib, Ogbah, Orchard, Schobert, all have shown flashes and we paid guys like Kirksey who came around to being a good player. Throw in a potential monster in Garrett and some promising DT play and it's the best I've felt about this unit in a long, long time. The front 7 makes the DB's look better, and is rarely the other way around. We obviously got some holes in the secondary but pressure and strong backer play can make up for it in a hurry. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Because it very well may be the best in the league.  It has, arguably, the best talent of any OL in football.  And in preseason, it really has not been asked to show what it can do in terms of the run game. 

    Its the best in the league? Says who? 

    If u say pff gip, we're gonna have to take it out back

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @clevfan4life said:

    Its the best in the league? Says who? 

    If u say pff gip, we're gonna have to take it out back

    PFF was one:    #2 overall https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-line-units-heading-into-the-2017-season

    This has them 4th best:  http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/237652708/ranking-best-nfl-offensive-line-in-football

    Another one, not sure which, had both the Browns and Steelers as the 2 best OL in the league.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Really gip? 

  • @ghoolie said:

    I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.

    You make it sound like the Steelers are a defense to be feared. That has not been the case in quite some time.  I would fear BR and AB going off on the Browns more than I would worry about their defense.  

    I think the Steelers should more likely fear the Browns OL/run game....though, admittedly, our passing game is not at a point that it is a fearsome thing, no. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #48

    "On paper" we easily have one of the berst OLs in the league... on paper....

    @the-gipper said:

    You make it sound like the Steelers are a defense to be feared. That has not been the case in quite some time.  I would fear BR and AB going off on the Browns more than I would worry about their defense.  

    I think the Steelers should more likely fear the Browns OL/run game....though, admittedly, our passing game is not at a point that it is a fearsome thing, no. 

    It's been five seasons since they had the top rated D. Since then they've been in the 2nd quartile by most measures and that ain't nothing, but yes, they have committed more $$$ to their Offense in this phase.