Honest no fanboy discussion about our front 7
-
I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof
-
I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof
I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof
I disagree there. I focused in on his play the first preseason game, and the guy really does take on 2 blockers a good chunk of the time on his way into the backfield.
He's the caddy of the defense, teeing it up for the other guys to make plays.
-
I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof
I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof
I laughed pretty hard at this.
Danny is going nowhere.
-
Danny is out for 2-3 weeks to start the season - he injured his knee in practice 8/16 and the estimate was 4-6wks.
-
I doubt Orchard is cut but Maybe saying so long to Danny, He never showed much and now we have guys on the team that can and will make plays. We finally have a DC that will sit people who miss plays or not try, I think our D will be a top 10 D this year. Let's Go Browns and bring the DAWG POUND BACK TO LIFE!! Woof Woof
I laughed pretty hard at this.
Danny is going nowhere.
-
You make it sound like the Steelers are a defense to be feared. That has not been the case in quite some time. I would fear BR and AB going off on the Browns more than I would worry about their defense.
I think the Steelers should more likely fear the Browns OL/run game....though, admittedly, our passing game is not at a point that it is a fearsome thing, no.
Why would the steelers fear our ol now?
Why would the steelers fear our ol now?
Because it very well may be the best in the league. It has, arguably, the best talent of any OL in football. And in preseason, it really has not been asked to show what it can do in terms of the run game.
-
Ragland was available for only a fourth? Yes he popped an ACL but I'd take that gamble every day.. Sashi missed one here..
-
Why would the steelers fear our ol now?
Because it very well may be the best in the league. It has, arguably, the best talent of any OL in football. And in preseason, it really has not been asked to show what it can do in terms of the run game.
Because it very well may be the best in the league. It has, arguably, the best talent of any OL in football. And in preseason, it really has not been asked to show what it can do in terms of the run game.
Its the best in the league? Says who?
If u say pff gip, we're gonna have to take it out back
-
What the Browns have been so miserable at is developing talent. How you build a championship team is making those 2nd, 3rd, 4th round guys into viable starters or quality depth players.
What's super encouraging from my perspective is it seems like finally the defense is DEVELOPING talent and keeping the guys worth paying. Nassib, Ogbah, Orchard, Schobert, all have shown flashes and we paid guys like Kirksey who came around to being a good player. Throw in a potential monster in Garrett and some promising DT play and it's the best I've felt about this unit in a long, long time. The front 7 makes the DB's look better, and is rarely the other way around. We obviously got some holes in the secondary but pressure and strong backer play can make up for it in a hurry.
-
Because it very well may be the best in the league. It has, arguably, the best talent of any OL in football. And in preseason, it really has not been asked to show what it can do in terms of the run game.
Its the best in the league? Says who?
If u say pff gip, we're gonna have to take it out back
Its the best in the league? Says who?
If u say pff gip, we're gonna have to take it out back
PFF was one: #2 overall https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-line-units-heading-into-the-2017-season
This has them 4th best: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/237652708/ranking-best-nfl-offensive-line-in-football
Another one, not sure which, had both the Browns and Steelers as the 2 best OL in the league.
-
Really gip?
-
I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.
You make it sound like the Steelers are a defense to be feared. That has not been the case in quite some time. I would fear BR and AB going off on the Browns more than I would worry about their defense.
I think the Steelers should more likely fear the Browns OL/run game....though, admittedly, our passing game is not at a point that it is a fearsome thing, no.
"On paper" we easily have one of the berst OLs in the league... on paper....
You make it sound like the Steelers are a defense to be feared. That has not been the case in quite some time. I would fear BR and AB going off on the Browns more than I would worry about their defense.
I think the Steelers should more likely fear the Browns OL/run game....though, admittedly, our passing game is not at a point that it is a fearsome thing, no.
It's been five seasons since they had the top rated D. Since then they've been in the 2nd quartile by most measures and that ain't nothing, but yes, they have committed more $$$ to their Offense in this phase.
-
Was it last year or the year before that pgh had the worst line in football?
-
You're not watching the games evidently. Garett is doing things in the pass rush already that we haven't seen from a Browns pass rusher in........I dunno maybe before I was born so ur looking at the 80's. I've never seen a Browns pass rusher with his moves. You know full well I was critical of Garetts ability to hold up at the edge from his college tape. I've yet to see him moved when he planted. I've seen him guess wrong and get pinched to the wrong side of the play, ok...that happens to everyone.
I watched the Chargers/Rams games yesterday and keened in on my boy Bosa. Played pretty decent..had a nice strip of Goff that Ingram returned for a touchdown. But in comparison Garrett was more consistently nearer to Winston throughout the game than Bosa was around Goff. Bosa got pulled earlier tho and he might also be pedaling a little bit with a finger injury. But in all seriousness Ghoolie if you don't see Garrett's potential "already", I'm not sure you're qualified to judge football players period. Garrett so far has been taking 1st string offensive lineman and walking them back off the line consistently. How is he a cunt exactly? He's already showing more strength and stoutness at the point that Sheard ever did for us...and I was a huge fan of sheard, I was livid when we ditched the 4-3 after one year and converted him to an OLB'er.
With all due respect. All that observation is noise. He needs to make fucking plays. You don't win games by having nicer moves than anyone before you.
Look, you know more about football than I do. Can you please explain the scoreboard to me? Just how many style points go into a team's score?
With all due respect. All that observation is noise. He needs to make fucking plays. You don't win games by having nicer moves than anyone before you.
Look, you know more about football than I do. Can you please explain the scoreboard to me?
Sure. In all three of our games, it has revealed we had more points. HTH
-
Hahahaha. Sez the guy who pronounced Pac-Man Lynch as the second coming in Denver. You know- the guy who can't beat out Trevor Semen for the starting job? You know- the guy who's so cock sure Garrett is already a bust after 3 preseason games, when it took another #1 overall pick (Clowney) three seasons to reach his full potential?
I'll sure as hell trust HOFer Bruce Smith's opinion of Myles over yours. So don't give me some BS spew that Lynch "needs more time" when you're proclaining Garrett to be a bust after 3 preseason games. BTW, Hue is still coaching the Browns Nostradamus.
I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.
I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
-
I never said Lynch needs more time. I said, you don't have anything to judge him on. If he busts, he busts. I am not often wrong, but we will see. I would be more worried about the Steelers sending Kizer along the RGIII path in a few weeks.
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
What? Less than 10 days ago were adamant Hue was a jack off because he wasn't starting Kizer !?
Ghoolie changes direction like the wind. We have him painted in a corner with his opinion on Lynch. "Can't be evaluated yet" after one full season, but Garrett's a bust before the season starts. ?
-
Really gip?
Really gip?
Really what? The Browns OL will be one of the best...talentwise in the league. Everyone has said so. They just have to play up to their talent.
-
Really gip?
Really what? The Browns OL will be one of the best...talentwise in the league. Everyone has said so. They just have to play up to their talent.
Really what? The Browns OL will be one of the best...talentwise in the league. Everyone has said so. They just have to play up to their talent.
All in all they protected fairly well in the Tampa game. But I want to see better running lanes opened in future games so we have some balance.
-
@boo-fagley said:
2nd round pick Kizer sitting and the first pick in the draft sitting, is not the same. Some wanted Tribsky instead of Garret.
Kizer beat out Oiswieller, Tribsky could not beat out Glennon.
Or...as I said, its a case of the Bears wanting to bring MT along slowly...to give him some time to sit and learn.....which is usually the way of things.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login