Skip to content

Road Trippin To Indy

The Browns Board
26 5 773
  • Retractable roofs... the best of all worlds.

  • Retractable roofs... the best of all worlds.

    @boo-fagley said:

    Lucas is one of the nicest stadiums that I have been to. Inside and out they built it first class when compared to their old dome and some of the other stadiums around the league.

    Their fans are pretty good. We for the most part didnt have any trouble although 1 idiot tried throwing ice on us from inside a cooler. He failed miserably because he was so wasted. Wherever you go there will be doosh bags. Its unavoidable They dont show other teams replays on the big screen, at least when I was there..

    My visit there, had one very drunk Colts fan sitting behind me giving me grief. (Was wearing my Browns gear.) BTW, probably make the road trip- Indy is a shorter drive for me than Cleveland. FWIW fine dining report- St. Elmo's is slipping, living off it's reputation. Their spin off Harry and Izzy's has surpassed them. (was just at their north, not downtown location.) 

    @tour2ma said:

    Retractable roofs... the best of all worlds.

    The new "domes"- they finally got it right. Ford Field is similar. May be a three road trip year. Have a good friend that lives just north of Detroit. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    If youre ever in KC, Hereford House is worth checking out.

    I went to Pissburgh last year. This drunk idiot Steeler fan was running his mouth at me all game. Some of his garbage was pretty lewd with women sitting nearby. I wish that I got a video of him to put on youtube and send to his employment. This dope bragged about where he worked.

    You sound like you are surprised that Steeler fans would act like fucking idiots..  What planet have you been living on? 😳

  • @boo-fagley said:

    The worst fans that I have been around have been Bengals fans. I thought one inbred was going to swing on me.

    Ive been to - KC x 3, Indy x 3, Denver x 3, St Louis, Chicago [Champagne because of stadium const] San Diego, Pissburgh, Cintucky, New Jorsey,  Houston, Minnesota.

    Best fans?

  • @boo-fagley said:

    The worst fans that I have been around have been Bengals fans. I thought one inbred was going to swing on me.

    Ive been to - KC x 3, Indy x 3, Denver x 3, St Louis, Chicago [Champagne because of stadium const] San Diego, Pissburgh, Cintucky, New Jorsey,  Houston, Minnesota.

    Bengals fans may be the biggest wussys....But they are not the most ignorant, stupid, belligerent fans.  Steeler fans are.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    If youre ever in KC, Hereford House is worth checking out.

    I went to Pissburgh last year. This drunk idiot Steeler fan was running his mouth at me all game. Some of his garbage was pretty lewd with women sitting nearby. I wish that I got a video of him to put on youtube and send to his employment. This dope bragged about where he worked.

    Been to Indy games many times, as my brother in law and family live there. Only 120 miles from my house. LOL, my Bucket List is to see the Browns lose in every NFL city, they're not disappointing me.... Will scratch Houston off this year- if the flood waters recede.  Not overly thrilled to make the trip to Pittsburgh, for the reason you just mentioned. 

    I've been to KC twice, the tailgating is phenomenal, and Arrowhead is a great venue to watch a game. Was at the Hereford House a long time ago, (Joe Montana was the qb for the Chiefs at the time). Heard it had burned down- apparently has been rebuilt. Last time- a few years ago, the guy I was with ( a foodie and darn good chef- almost made the cut to get on Chopped) wanted to check out Lidia's. All agreed- a big let down. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Yes, KC tailgating is great. Plenty of room out in the middle of nowhere. Arrowhead is 45 years old. Unheard of today. Atlanta Falcons just built a brand new stadium and I was living there when they built the Georgia dome in 1992. Lucas is just about in downtown Indy.

    The owner of the Hereford house downtown set the place on fire. He is now cooking steaks behind bars. Even if he was able to collect on insurance he likely wasnt going to rebuild. There are 4 other locations https://www.herefordhouse.com/ Never been to Lidias though I hear great things about it.

    Only 4 stadiums older than Arrowhead:   LA Coliseum.  Soldier Field,  Lambeau Field, and Oakland Alameda Coliseum.  Soldier and Lambeau have been completely renovated, Raiders moving out of Oakland because of Stadium condition.  LA Coliseum is only Temporary until they build the new stadium. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    If youre ever in KC, Hereford House is worth checking out.

    I went to Pissburgh last year. This drunk idiot Steeler fan was running his mouth at me all game. Some of his garbage was pretty lewd with women sitting nearby. I wish that I got a video of him to put on youtube and send to his employment. This dope bragged about where he worked.

    Been to Indy games many times, as my brother in law and family live there. Only 120 miles from my house. LOL, my Bucket List is to see the Browns lose in every NFL city, they're not disappointing me.... Will scratch Houston off this year- if the flood waters recede.  Not overly thrilled to make the trip to Pittsburgh, for the reason you just mentioned. 

    I've been to KC twice, the tailgating is phenomenal, and Arrowhead is a great venue to watch a game. Was at the Hereford House a long time ago, (Joe Montana was the qb for the Chiefs at the time). Heard it had burned down- apparently has been rebuilt. Last time- a few years ago, the guy I was with ( a foodie and darn good chef- almost made the cut to get on Chopped) wanted to check out Lidia's. All agreed- a big let down. 

    @hoorta said:

    Been to Indy games many times, as my brother in law and family live there. Only 120 miles from my house. LOL, my Bucket List is to see the Browns lose in every NFL city, they're not disappointing me.... Will scratch Houston off this year- if the flood waters recede.  Not overly thrilled to make the trip to Pittsburgh, for the reason you just mentioned. 

    I've been to KC twice, the tailgating is phenomenal, and Arrowhead is a great venue to watch a game. Was at the Hereford House a long time ago, (Joe Montana was the qb for the Chiefs at the time). Heard it had burned down- apparently has been rebuilt. Last time- a few years ago, the guy I was with ( a foodie and darn good chef- almost made the cut to get on Chopped) wanted to check out Lidia's. All agreed- a big let down. 

    Looking for suggestions for which lot to tailgate in for Indy got a suggestion?

  • @hoorta said:

    Been to Indy games many times, as my brother in law and family live there. Only 120 miles from my house. LOL, my Bucket List is to see the Browns lose in every NFL city, they're not disappointing me.... Will scratch Houston off this year- if the flood waters recede.  Not overly thrilled to make the trip to Pittsburgh, for the reason you just mentioned. 

    I've been to KC twice, the tailgating is phenomenal, and Arrowhead is a great venue to watch a game. Was at the Hereford House a long time ago, (Joe Montana was the qb for the Chiefs at the time). Heard it had burned down- apparently has been rebuilt. Last time- a few years ago, the guy I was with ( a foodie and darn good chef- almost made the cut to get on Chopped) wanted to check out Lidia's. All agreed- a big let down. 

    Looking for suggestions for which lot to tailgate in for Indy got a suggestion?

    @topdawg31 said:

    Looking for suggestions for which lot to tailgate in for Indy got a suggestion?

    IIRC, there's not a lot of parking around Lucas Oil. The in close lot is probably permit only. Last time we just hung out Downtown in a Bar before the game. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Been to Indy games many times, as my brother in law and family live there. Only 120 miles from my house. LOL, my Bucket List is to see the Browns lose in every NFL city, they're not disappointing me.... Will scratch Houston off this year- if the flood waters recede.  Not overly thrilled to make the trip to Pittsburgh, for the reason you just mentioned. 

    I've been to KC twice, the tailgating is phenomenal, and Arrowhead is a great venue to watch a game. Was at the Hereford House a long time ago, (Joe Montana was the qb for the Chiefs at the time). Heard it had burned down- apparently has been rebuilt. Last time- a few years ago, the guy I was with ( a foodie and darn good chef- almost made the cut to get on Chopped) wanted to check out Lidia's. All agreed- a big let down. 

    Looking for suggestions for which lot to tailgate in for Indy got a suggestion?

    @topdawg31 said:

    Looking for suggestions for which lot to tailgate in for Indy got a suggestion?

    There has to be a BrownsBacker branch in the area...

    Ta-da..... http://fans.clevelandbrowns.com/backer-tracker/clubs/central-indiana-browns-backers-association

  • @boo-fagley said:

    What about Qualcom stadium in San Diego? 50 years old.  It must be the last baseball/ NFL stadium still left.

    They just renovated Arrowhead. Clark Hunt is supposed to have an apartment inside the stadium. The U of Illinois in Champagne is a mini replica of Soldier field.

    Does it count if no one plays there anymore?

    And sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus, Chicago's renovation of Soldier Field was horrible. Looks like they were on acid when they designed it.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    What about Qualcom stadium in San Diego? 50 years old.  It must be the last baseball/ NFL stadium still left.

    They just renovated Arrowhead. Clark Hunt is supposed to have an apartment inside the stadium. The U of Illinois in Champagne is a mini replica of Soldier field.

    Qualcomm is no longer an NFL Stadium....remember?  The Chargers have move.  And fyi...the Padres built a new ballpark...they have not played in Qualcomm in a few years.  Oakland was, I believe, the only dual purpose stadium left.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    What about Qualcom stadium in San Diego? 50 years old.  It must be the last baseball/ NFL stadium still left.

    They just renovated Arrowhead. Clark Hunt is supposed to have an apartment inside the stadium. The U of Illinois in Champagne is a mini replica of Soldier field.

    Qualcomm is no longer an NFL Stadium....remember?  The Chargers have move.  And fyi...the Padres built a new ballpark...they have not played in Qualcomm in a few years.  Oakland was, I believe, the only dual purpose stadium left.

    @the-gipper said:

    Qualcomm is no longer an NFL Stadium....remember?  The Chargers have move.  And fyi...the Padres built a new ballpark...they have not played in Qualcomm in a few years.  Oakland was, I believe, the only dual purpose stadium left.

    I almost have to force myself to watch Indians games in Oakland, that's how incredibly shitty whatever the old Oakland Coliseum is called now is. It wasn't a good park back in the day, it is now laughably horrible with the enormous bleacher section in the outfield. Hopefully the A's can finally get a new ballpark built, they've had a few nice ballpark concepts over the years.