Skip to content

Haden ....RELEASED

The Browns Board
227 57 6.5k
  • @the-gipper said:

    But...here is the problem:  who the fuck do the Browns have to replace him that is better?   McCourty? Boddy-Calhoun?  Channing Stribling?

    Browns did NOT invest any draft picks in CB.  They picked up a couple of FAs and a  UDFA in    Stribling.

    Again, tell me who is going to be the starter if he goes, and who will play nickel, etc. 

    Pretty much a consensus that Taylor and McCourty have outplayed Haden, and opinions are split on who is better between Joe and BBC.

    And we drafted Wilson out of UH who cracked his knee cap in camp.

    @tour2ma said:

    Pretty much a consensus that Taylor and McCourty have outplayed Haden, and opinions are split on who is better between Joe and BBC.

    And we drafted Wilson out of UH who cracked his knee cap in camp.

    Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

  • So.....LB Cam Johnson and S Ed Reynolds also shown the door apparently:  From ESPN:

    Also Tuesday, the Browns terminated the contract of defensive lineman Cam Johnson and waived defensive back Ed Reynolds II with an injury designation. Both players suffered knee injuries in camp.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Pretty much a consensus that Taylor and McCourty have outplayed Haden, and opinions are split on who is better between Joe and BBC.

    And we drafted Wilson out of UH who cracked his knee cap in camp.

    Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

    @the-gipper said:

    Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

    Simply reflects that he's hurt... same as Bito and Danny currently being at the ass end of the LG and NT lines.

    I was very happy to see Wilson's name on one of our cards on Draft-day. I thought he has a shot to be a good one... still do. Hope to see him later this year.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Wilson is listed a like 5th string...and not a factor currently.  (maybe some time in the far future?).

    Simply reflects that he's hurt... same as Bito and Danny currently being at the ass end of the LG and NT lines.

    I was very happy to see Wilson's name on one of our cards on Draft-day. I thought he has a shot to be a good one... still do. Hope to see him later this year.

    @tour2ma said:

    Simply reflects that he's hurt... same as Bito and Danny currently being at the ass end of the LG and NT lines.

    I was very happy to see Wilson's name on one of our cards on Draft-day. I thought he has a shot to be a good one... still do. Hope to see him later this year.

    Difference is that Bito and Shelton have somewhat proven themselves in the NFL.  No such thing with Wilson.   That said, what is his prognosis? Injury list the entire season?  Or does he have a chance to get in there perhaps?

  • Zombo said:

    Boddy-Calhoun is better from what I have seen this preseason.

    Zombo

    So, you put him in as starter.....then what about nickel and backup?   Waiver wire disjecta membra?

    @the-gipper said:

    So, you put him in as starter.....then what about nickel and backup?   Waiver wire disjecta membra?

    We've got McCourty too. Pick up a 4th corner in the trade or a separate trade.

    Z

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, you put him in as starter.....then what about nickel and backup?   Waiver wire disjecta membra?

    We've got McCourty too. Pick up a 4th corner in the trade or a separate trade.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    We've got McCourty too. Pick up a 4th corner in the trade or a separate trade.

    Z

    Not down with Stribling?   I would think that Woody would be in here drooling over the fact that this rumor may give another FMU boy a spot on this roster.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, you put him in as starter.....then what about nickel and backup?   Waiver wire disjecta membra?

    We've got McCourty too. Pick up a 4th corner in the trade or a separate trade.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    We've got McCourty too. Pick up a 4th corner in the trade or a separate trade.

    Z

    = pick up a reject Z. Our secondary is bad enough as it is. If the Browns truly think Joe is shot- no GM in his right mind is going to be interested. Been pointed out- to move him, we're going to have to eat a large part of his contract. 

  • Zombo said:

    We've got McCourty too. Pick up a 4th corner in the trade or a separate trade.

    Z

    = pick up a reject Z. Our secondary is bad enough as it is. If the Browns truly think Joe is shot- no GM in his right mind is going to be interested. Been pointed out- to move him, we're going to have to eat a large part of his contract. 

    @hoorta said:

    = pick up a reject Z. Our secondary is bad enough as it is. If the Browns truly think Joe is shot- no GM in his right mind is going to be interested. Been pointed out- to move him, we're going to have to eat a large part of his contract. 

    We have the cap room or the ability to eat part of his contract (been reported Browns are willing to do the same thing with Asswhiler in order to move him) and if the return package is good enough, Id think the Browns would be definitely willing to pay a part of the contract.

  • They should have traded him last year but yes this is true. They are shopping Haden, Osweiler and Erving as reported by CBS Sports and the NFL NETWORK 

    CBS SPORTS QUOTE; "The Browns are comfortable moving forward with Jamar Taylor, Jason McCourty and Briean Boddy-Calhoun"

  • @tour2ma said:

    Simply reflects that he's hurt... same as Bito and Danny currently being at the ass end of the LG and NT lines.

    I was very happy to see Wilson's name on one of our cards on Draft-day. I thought he has a shot to be a good one... still do. Hope to see him later this year.

    Difference is that Bito and Shelton have somewhat proven themselves in the NFL.  No such thing with Wilson.   That said, what is his prognosis? Injury list the entire season?  Or does he have a chance to get in there perhaps?

    @the-gipper said:

    Difference is that Bito and Shelton have somewhat proven themselves in the NFL.  No such thing with Wilson.   That said, what is his prognosis? Injury list the entire season?  Or does he have a chance to get in there perhaps?

    No... no difference whatsoever. When you're hurt your name goes into parentheses and to the end of the line. That's just how it's done. Experience is irrelevant to that standard depth chart practice.

    Original determination was a cracked (broken) patella and no additional damage to tendons or ligaments... a/k/a best possible news, but that "some games" would be missed. Since then info has been scarce and confused.

  • Reading between the lines on this one, Haden is getting cut if we don't trade him.

  • Reading between the lines on this one, Haden is getting cut if we don't trade him.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Reading between the lines on this one, Haden is getting cut if we don't trade him.

    There's no way we cut him. What do the Saints have that we want. Because if anyone needs CB it's them. And they tried to trade for him in the past.

  • Reading between the lines on this one, Haden is getting cut if we don't trade him.

    @topdawg31 said:

    Reading between the lines on this one, Haden is getting cut if we don't trade him.

    Sure, we can cut him and take the $10 million cap hit. I'd rather keep him around as an expensive insurance policy. After the season the hit goes down to $3.2 million. 

  • He will be injured week 1 after A Brown jukes him outof his groin. I have Joes Jersey, so I need to know where to get a name tape to replace his.

  • Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

     
  • Zombo said:

    We've got McCourty too. Pick up a 4th corner in the trade or a separate trade.

    Z

    Not down with Stribling?   I would think that Woody would be in here drooling over the fact that this rumor may give another FMU boy a spot on this roster.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not down with Stribling?   I would think that Woody would be in here drooling over the fact that this rumor may give another FMU boy a spot on this roster.

    My analysis of Peppers was based on his play, not is school. I can be objective..

    I know that is a foreign concept to you

  • Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

     

    @jafbf said:

    Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

    That is sufficiently classy if followed up with any trade being to a contender...

    ... otherwise keep him through 2017.

  • I read that Greg Williams told him and / or the staff that if he'd have cut him for not playing through minor injuries. 

  • Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

     

    @jafbf said:

    Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

     

    Seemed to get his attention..Re-watched TB tape last night. Joe seemed more focused,physical & showed some playing emotions.Nice knock down on a blitz on Jamius (which we never did enough with Haden imo,cause who else could cover a #1WR?) Ever sense his ankle surgery, Joe has never been the same..I Don't see a team that will be willing to give SB his price? Haden is no worse than are #3 CB/FS/S on the depth chart. If Williams thinks Haden went to a overpaid wussie? Well, Get your popcorn ready..I see 1 more season with Joe & a good DC for his game & wussification..       

  • I'll be curious what people on here are saying about Gregg Williams and his defense two months from now. At this point, I'm surprised a gofundme account hasn't been set up to commission the erection of a statue in his honor. Yes, I said erection. 😆