Skip to content

Haden ....RELEASED

The Browns Board
227 57 6.5k
  • Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

     
  • Zombo said:

    We've got McCourty too. Pick up a 4th corner in the trade or a separate trade.

    Z

    Not down with Stribling?   I would think that Woody would be in here drooling over the fact that this rumor may give another FMU boy a spot on this roster.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not down with Stribling?   I would think that Woody would be in here drooling over the fact that this rumor may give another FMU boy a spot on this roster.

    My analysis of Peppers was based on his play, not is school. I can be objective..

    I know that is a foreign concept to you

  • Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

     

    @jafbf said:

    Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

    That is sufficiently classy if followed up with any trade being to a contender...

    ... otherwise keep him through 2017.

  • I read that Greg Williams told him and / or the staff that if he'd have cut him for not playing through minor injuries. 

  • Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

     

    @jafbf said:

    Tony Grossi‏Verified account @TonyGrossi

    Joe Haden & agent Drew Rosenhaus met w EVP Sashi Brown in Tampa team hotel prior to game last Saturday. I doubt trade rumors surprised him.

     

    Seemed to get his attention..Re-watched TB tape last night. Joe seemed more focused,physical & showed some playing emotions.Nice knock down on a blitz on Jamius (which we never did enough with Haden imo,cause who else could cover a #1WR?) Ever sense his ankle surgery, Joe has never been the same..I Don't see a team that will be willing to give SB his price? Haden is no worse than are #3 CB/FS/S on the depth chart. If Williams thinks Haden went to a overpaid wussie? Well, Get your popcorn ready..I see 1 more season with Joe & a good DC for his game & wussification..       

  • I'll be curious what people on here are saying about Gregg Williams and his defense two months from now. At this point, I'm surprised a gofundme account hasn't been set up to commission the erection of a statue in his honor. Yes, I said erection. 😆

  • You mean a statue like this?

    Related image

  • RELEASED....WTF

    We have no corners ......... I guess we are not playing any 🙂

    Position is thinner than an anorexic skeleton

  • Joe Haden has been cut. Wow

    I was totally wrong on the last thread. Fuck.

  • Haden cut according to NFL Network

  • Browns purge on first round picks ...... Cam next then Danny and Myles in 3 years ... 🙂

  • Yep, officially released. Once of those rare "hits" we had in the draft, but unfortunately injuries got to him. No doubt he'll get on with another team.

    Good dude, hope nothing but the best for him. Wouldn't mind seeing him at all seeing him go to a team with a SB chance.

  • Wow and we keep erving

  • Haden has lost a a step and the 3 concussions last season didn't help.  However, he was always able to keep A.J. Green in check twice a season.  

    It's a shame to cut him, he was passionate about the Browns and would be a good veteran presence to have if nothing else.  Another team will pick him up, hope he succeeds.

  • The play of B-C did him in.

  • I guess it was a money thing, which is nuts since we have a ton of Cap space.

    I know they're also shopping Cam, and I think someone else, but I don't think they'll get any bites on either if they didn't get any on Haden.

    Must be some targets on the Waiver Wires coming, and they're getting a head start on clearing some spots - this Weekend is deadline for cuts to 53, so it may get crazy.

  • Haden has lost a a step and the 3 concussions last season didn't help.  However, he was always able to keep A.J. Green in check twice a season.  

    It's a shame to cut him, he was passionate about the Browns and would be a good veteran presence to have if nothing else.  Another team will pick him up, hope he succeeds.

    @browns1216 said:

    Haden has lost a a step and the 3 concussions last season didn't help.  However, he was always able to keep A.J. Green in check twice a season.  

    It's a shame to cut him, he was passionate about the Browns and would be a good veteran presence to have if nothing else.  Another team will pick him up, hope he succeeds.

    Id question the "passion". The last couple of years he'd sit out for a hangnail. 

  • This would have made more sense if we drafted a lockdown corner in the draft..

    But I understand not wanting to pay an oft-injured CB alot of money this season.. He's only 28, he deserves another shot.

    Knowing Cleveland's luck, he'll go to a new team and put up a great season..

  • I don't understand the move considering the lack of depth.

  • I don't understand the move considering the lack of depth.

    @bbedward said:

    I don't understand the move considering the lack of depth.

    If we don't get another on the waiver wire, we will pay for this big time down the line when one of our "aggressive" CB's goes down.