Skip to content

Haden a Steeler

The Browns Board
256 52 10.5k 1
  • @miktoxic said:

    i strive to bring out the idiocy of powderpuffs and safe space dwellers.

    you should be glad to know you are added to the list.

    dingleberry.

    Lighten up, Francis.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Lighten up, Francis.

    😆

    Oh yeah the lighter side of TBB.

  • We always like to say "screw em", and I suppose I get it. I don't really have a strong feeling about this guy one way or another.

    However, if he winds up kicking ass for the Steelers, I don't know what that says about the Browns organization, but it's not good. If the guy kicks ass, you have to know tht Haslam is going to be grinding his teeth.

    I really don't want to piss on the Browns parade, but this team looks no different to me than last year. Ah, maybe they are more aggressive? Sure, but what does that net? Years back when Flugel was pimping Crennel and Sewage, someone chimed in that you could see a difference this year because while the D was still missing tackles, at least they were in position to make the tackles. I thought to myself, WTF? We Browns fans like to give style points, don't we?

    So too is my concern with Garrett. "He is getting close to the QB" one fan said. Honestly, #1  #1, not to make plays, but to get in position, to be in the proper zip code?

    I think of cats that play for the great defenses, Ray Lews, P'olamalu, James Harrison, LT, etc...........Sorry man, but Garrett just doesn't look like a paid killer. So far, the OL have put up a bit of resistance and let him burn his energy, "getting close"

    If I am a betting man, I will bet Haden makes a couple plays against his old team, maybe a pick six. This is the kind of shit that Haslam loses sleep over, and I imagine Hue and company, too.

    @ghoolie said:

    However, if he winds up kicking ass for the Steelers...

    It's possible and releasing him could still have been the right move. We won't play much zone; PTG will. Joe used to excel in man... either press or off; now... no.

    @the-gipper said:

    Gafraleets best post ever above.

    Unparalleled economy of words...

  • @miktoxic said:

    i strive to bring out the idiocy of powderpuffs and safe space dwellers.

    you should be glad to know you are added to the list.

    dingleberry.

    Lighten up, Francis.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Lighten up, Francis.

    ok francine.

    you pillow biting homo.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Lighten up, Francis.

    ok francine.

    you pillow biting homo.

    @miktoxic said:

    ok francine.

    you pillow biting homo.

    You are adorable.

    Dumb as a box of rocks, but adorable nevertheless.

  • @miktoxic said:

    ok francine.

    you pillow biting homo.

    You are adorable.

    Dumb as a box of rocks, but adorable nevertheless.

    @dutch-oven said:

    You are adorable.

    Dumb as a box of rocks, but adorable nevertheless.

    Miktoxic is the man. Tread carefully pilgrim.  You don't want dat dick, boy. 

  • @miktoxic said:

    ok francine.

    you pillow biting homo.

    You are adorable.

    Dumb as a box of rocks, but adorable nevertheless.

    @dutch-oven said:

    You are adorable.

    Everyone has to embrace at least one of our curmudgeons... I think it's in our bylaws...

    I also chose mik.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You are adorable.

    Dumb as a box of rocks, but adorable nevertheless.

    Miktoxic is the man. Tread carefully pilgrim.  You don't want dat dick, boy. 

    @poeticg said:

    Miktoxic is the man. Tread carefully pilgrim.  You don't want dat dick, boy. 

    Slow-witted birds of a feather flock together, I suppose.

  • I was just lookin out for ya noob. No offense. I'm being serious, tryin to help you out, you don't want dat dick boy. It's a jungle in 'ere.

    Keep yo head down and talk football. 😉 son

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You are adorable.

    Everyone has to embrace at least one of our curmudgeons... I think it's in our bylaws...

    I also chose mik.

    @tour2ma said:

    Everyone has to embrace at least one of our curmudgeons... I think it's in our bylaws...

    I also chose mik.

    mik's the best damn curmudgeon on this board bar none. Didn't we make him King or something? here's to mik! 😛

    UntappdCurmudgeonSupplemental.jpg

     

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, figure this:   EVERYONE on here admits that the Browns do NOT have a very elite WR corps....and Joe was getting burned badly in practice by this below mediocre group.  So, OK, you got something better than you had.  That don't mean you got something good. 

    One good thing for you though:  Joe will not be getting burned by A. Brown the way he has been the last couple of years.  Or, perhaps that is bad news....you and AB won't have Joe Haden to burn when you face the Browns.  Maybe we will have someone on him that can do a bit better than Joe has.

    Again though, if soooo bad that he was a liability and this is actually addition by subtraction for the Clowns.....

    Then why were they offering him 7mill to stay?

    I understand what we're getting. He won't even be the best on our team, but he's a starting caliber CB in the NFL and the browns, the Steelers, the cowgirls, and at least 3 other teams tried to retain/obtain his services.

    Maybe he's not the dumpster fire people here are trying to make him out to be? 

    @gafreleets said:

    Again though, if soooo bad that he was a liability and this is actually addition by subtraction for the Clowns.....

    Then why were they offering him 7mill to stay?

    I understand what we're getting. He won't even be the best on our team, but he's a starting caliber CB in the NFL and the browns, the Steelers, the cowgirls, and at least 3 other teams tried to retain/obtain his services.

    Maybe he's not the dumpster fire people here are trying to make him out to be? 

    They weren't offering him 7 mil to stay as a new contract they were trying to cut down his current contract to 7 million. He was already under contract they weren't offering him a new one. Can you see the difference?

  • @ghoolie said:

    However, if he winds up kicking ass for the Steelers...

    It's possible and releasing him could still have been the right move. We won't play much zone; PTG will. Joe used to excel in man... either press or off; now... no.

    @the-gipper said:

    Gafraleets best post ever above.

    Unparalleled economy of words...

    @tour2ma said:

    It's possible and releasing him could still have been the right move. We won't play much zone; PTG will. Joe used to excel in man... either press or off; now... no.

    Unparalleled economy of words...

    Agreed. This is one of those stories that lends itself to sensationalism. If he does well, some will make fun of the Browns for doing a dumb thing. OTH if he blows, Browns can laugh at the Steelers. As you implied, the only thing that matters is was releasing him right for the Browns. Williams defense is aggressive, I am thinking he wants guys who keeps receivers in front of them and who can bang. Haden doesnt' seem to be a Williams type player from what I have seen in preseason.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

    No shit logic. Hey Zombo isn't it about time for a name change here?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    No shit logic. Hey Zombo isn't it about time for a name change here?

    WSS

    I'll second that.

  • @tour2ma said:

    It's possible and releasing him could still have been the right move. We won't play much zone; PTG will. Joe used to excel in man... either press or off; now... no.

    Unparalleled economy of words...

    Agreed. This is one of those stories that lends itself to sensationalism. If he does well, some will make fun of the Browns for doing a dumb thing. OTH if he blows, Browns can laugh at the Steelers. As you implied, the only thing that matters is was releasing him right for the Browns. Williams defense is aggressive, I am thinking he wants guys who keeps receivers in front of them and who can bang. Haden doesnt' seem to be a Williams type player from what I have seen in preseason.

    @ghoolie said:

    Agreed. This is one of those stories that lends itself to sensationalism. If he does well, some will make fun of the Browns for doing a dumb thing. OTH if he blows, Browns can laugh at the Steelers. As you implied, the only thing that matters is was releasing him right for the Browns. Williams defense is aggressive, I am thinking he wants guys who keeps receivers in front of them and who can bang. Haden doesnt' seem to be a Williams type player from what I have seen in preseason.

    Which is nothing. 

  • 59aa487939cc7_Screen00002.jpg.2a28f151cc2e3a8feab99bef7a32cf3f.jpgPIT needed help at the position.

    Haden will be their #1 CB with Burns as the #2 and suddenly PIT has 2 good CB's.

    Hopefully, this will be a positive move for both teams.

    See you in CLE on September 10th.

  • 59aa487939cc7_Screen00002.jpg.2a28f151cc2e3a8feab99bef7a32cf3f.jpgPIT needed help at the position.

    Haden will be their #1 CB with Burns as the #2 and suddenly PIT has 2 good CB's.

    Hopefully, this will be a positive move for both teams.

    See you in CLE on September 10th.

    @dick-mellon said:

    59aa487939cc7_Screen00002.jpg.2a28f151cc2e3a8feab99bef7a32cf3f.jpgPIT needed help at the position.

    Haden will be their #1 CB with Burns as the #2 and suddenly PIT has 2 good CB's.

    Hopefully, this will be a positive move for both teams.

    See you in CLE on September 10th.

    I think it is debatable if Pitt will have 2 good CBs.  Joe was cut because the Browns felt they had 3-4 guys that were definitely better.....and no one around here has acclaimed that the Browns have a great defensive backfield.  

    So...if  well below average is your standard of what is good.....more power to you.    As noted, Joe may fit better in a zone D.   No longer in mano a mano.

  • @dick-mellon said:

    59aa487939cc7_Screen00002.jpg.2a28f151cc2e3a8feab99bef7a32cf3f.jpgPIT needed help at the position.

    Haden will be their #1 CB with Burns as the #2 and suddenly PIT has 2 good CB's.

    Hopefully, this will be a positive move for both teams.

    See you in CLE on September 10th.

    I think it is debatable if Pitt will have 2 good CBs.  Joe was cut because the Browns felt they had 3-4 guys that were definitely better.....and no one around here has acclaimed that the Browns have a great defensive backfield.  

    So...if  well below average is your standard of what is good.....more power to you.    As noted, Joe may fit better in a zone D.   No longer in mano a mano.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think it is debatable if Pitt will have 2 good CBs.  Joe was cut because the Browns felt they had 3-4 guys that were definitely better.....and no one around here has acclaimed that the Browns have a great defensive backfield.  

    So...if  well below average is your standard of what is good.....more power to you.    As noted, Joe may fit better in a zone D.   No longer in mano a mano.

    That's not true Gip. I've am stating that the HAD one of the best backfields out there.

    Vintage and a Heathy Joe Haden. Jamar Taylor. Body-Count. Peppers. Kindred. Pryor. I would be perfectly content with that backfield over ANY other in the NFL. 

  • Make no mistake. 

    Joe is 100% again and every bit worth the contract he was given two years ago.

    We fucked up. Just admit it. We got cute and disrespected Joe and be burned us for doing so. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think it is debatable if Pitt will have 2 good CBs.  Joe was cut because the Browns felt they had 3-4 guys that were definitely better.....and no one around here has acclaimed that the Browns have a great defensive backfield.  

    So...if  well below average is your standard of what is good.....more power to you.    As noted, Joe may fit better in a zone D.   No longer in mano a mano.

    That's not true Gip. I've am stating that the HAD one of the best backfields out there.

    Vintage and a Heathy Joe Haden. Jamar Taylor. Body-Count. Peppers. Kindred. Pryor. I would be perfectly content with that backfield over ANY other in the NFL. 

    @poeticg said:

    That's not true Gip. I've am stating that the HAD one of the best backfields out there.

    Vintage and a Heathy Joe Haden. Jamar Taylor. Body-Count. Peppers. Kindred. Pryor. I would be perfectly content with that backfield over ANY other in the NFL. 

    Well, your reputation for talent evaluation is not very stellar.  I will rely on my own.  Show me one objective resourse  that rates the Browns defensive backfield as "one of the better backfields out there"    I doubt it can be done.  

  • Colt McCoy was the best QB we had on the roster when I called for him to start, as noted by him still being employed and if the team had been built up around him he could have succeeded.

    We haven't been able to run the ball like we did when we had Lawrence Vickers at FB. 

    Trent Richardson had a better season his rookie year with Weeden at QB than Crowell has had in 3 seasons.  

    Tyrann Mathiew is a really good player... who did we take just before he went? McFadden- Does he even play anymore?

    Derek Carr IS a Franchise QB.

    Kevin Hogan IS this teams best all around QB.

    Joe Haden WAS this teams best DB.

    Devalue my talent evaluation if you must, but I've been solid IMO.

  • Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    @bjh2130 said:

    They weren't offering him 7 mil to stay as a new contract they were trying to cut down his current contract to 7 million. He was already under contract they weren't offering him a new one. Can you see the difference?

    Yes, but do you understand that whether it was a new contract or restructuring of a old one....... they were STILL willing to pay him 7mill a year.

    That's just not something you do for someone who isn't starter capable or is (as one of your posters said) the 4th or 5th best CB on the team.

    Know what every other team in the NFL pays CBs that aren't starter capable or are the 4th or 5th best CB on their team?

    Me neither, but I guarantee it isn't 7 million dollars.

    So must be something left in the tank if you guys were willing to part with that type of money.