Skip to content

Haden a Steeler

The Browns Board
256 52 10.5k 1
  • @gafreleets said:

    but he isn't garbage either

    This depends on your definition of "garbage."

    Over the last 2 years, Haden has been the 12th worst CB in the league [using the metric of yards per coverage snap] and continued that trend by being the worst of all Browns CB this preseason by that same metric. Haden gave up the most TD's of all CB's in the league last season [6]..

    So.. If Haden's not garbage to the Steelers, then the Steelers DB's must really be stupendously awful, and you could get a better upgrade off the cut list. What's the DB equivalent of a lookout block?

    @unsympathetic said:

    This depends on your definition of "garbage."

    Over the last 2 years, Haden has been the 12th worst CB in the league [using the metric of yards per coverage snap] and continued that trend by being the worst of all Browns CB this preseason by that same metric. Haden gave up the most TD's of all CB's in the league last season [6]..

    So.. If Haden's not garbage to the Steelers, then the Steelers DB's must really be stupendously awful, and you could get a better upgrade off the cut list. What's the DB equivalent of a lookout block?

    Just a note:  Steelers got Joe off the cut list.

  • @gafreleets said:

    Oh, I freely admit our defensive backs aren't very good.

    Anyone with eyeballs and any football IQ is able to easily identify that....in todays NFL you're never going to be strong everywhere and Pittsburgh has taken the road of "we're going to hang 30+ points on everyone.....we don't need great CBs, just ones that aren't awful.

    And as I said, he'd still be in Cleveland if he would have taken a pay cut and would have been the starter. Every report out there was that the Clowns offered him around 7 million (that's not sh*tty CB money, that's solid but no longer elite money).

    I mean if you're telling me that the Clowns are offering 7mill per year contract to a player that they don't even think can play anymore then I think I've already identified the organization's problems....

    No Haden isn't what he was but he isn't garbage either and makes a position of obvious weakness on our team stronger.

    The only other thing I hope is that he hangs a pick 6 on whatever jaggoff yinz have playing QB 

    Well, figure this:   EVERYONE on here admits that the Browns do NOT have a very elite WR corps....and Joe was getting burned badly in practice by this below mediocre group.  So, OK, you got something better than you had.  That don't mean you got something good. 

    One good thing for you though:  Joe will not be getting burned by A. Brown the way he has been the last couple of years.  Or, perhaps that is bad news....you and AB won't have Joe Haden to burn when you face the Browns.  Maybe we will have someone on him that can do a bit better than Joe has.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, figure this:   EVERYONE on here admits that the Browns do NOT have a very elite WR corps....and Joe was getting burned badly in practice by this below mediocre group.  So, OK, you got something better than you had.  That don't mean you got something good. 

    One good thing for you though:  Joe will not be getting burned by A. Brown the way he has been the last couple of years.  Or, perhaps that is bad news....you and AB won't have Joe Haden to burn when you face the Browns.  Maybe we will have someone on him that can do a bit better than Joe has.

    Again though, if soooo bad that he was a liability and this is actually addition by subtraction for the Clowns.....

    Then why were they offering him 7mill to stay?

    I understand what we're getting. He won't even be the best on our team, but he's a starting caliber CB in the NFL and the browns, the Steelers, the cowgirls, and at least 3 other teams tried to retain/obtain his services.

    Maybe he's not the dumpster fire people here are trying to make him out to be? 

  • I get the hurt some feel. There haven't been grounds for many long term love affairs in recent Browns' history... Joe was one exception.

    But the reality is that he is not the same player that warranted the contract extension under which he was playing. Louis Riddick and Rodney Harrison showed that in their breakdown of Haden's tape on NFL Live yesterday.vault

    Joe may well help the Steeler secondary, but that's more  a commentary on the state of their secondary. To think this signing vaults them to a SB win is ludicrous.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, figure this:   EVERYONE on here admits that the Browns do NOT have a very elite WR corps....and Joe was getting burned badly in practice by this below mediocre group.  So, OK, you got something better than you had.  That don't mean you got something good. 

    One good thing for you though:  Joe will not be getting burned by A. Brown the way he has been the last couple of years.  Or, perhaps that is bad news....you and AB won't have Joe Haden to burn when you face the Browns.  Maybe we will have someone on him that can do a bit better than Joe has.

    Again though, if soooo bad that he was a liability and this is actually addition by subtraction for the Clowns.....

    Then why were they offering him 7mill to stay?

    I understand what we're getting. He won't even be the best on our team, but he's a starting caliber CB in the NFL and the browns, the Steelers, the cowgirls, and at least 3 other teams tried to retain/obtain his services.

    Maybe he's not the dumpster fire people here are trying to make him out to be? 

    @gafreleets said:

    Again though, if soooo bad that he was a liability and this is actually addition by subtraction for the Clowns.....

    Then why were they offering him 7mill to stay?

    Because he still was probably one of the 2 most popular players on the team with fans. Because  of his past service. Because they still may have thought they could use him as their 4th or 5th corner.

    I understand what we're getting. He won't even be the best on our team, but he's a starting caliber CB in the NFL and the browns, the Steelers, the cowgirls, and at least 3 other teams tried to retain/obtain his services.

    He still has a reputation and a history. That is what they would have been buying. That is what the Steelers bought.

    Maybe he's not the dumpster fire people here are trying to make him out to be? 

    If he avoids injury, and if, as one of your fellow yinzers said, they only have him playing in zone coverage, not mano a mano....you could be right.

    Trust me, I was not happy to see him go...because I like him, and because he has been good, and because we still all held out hope for him. But the writing seemed on the wall....and the Browns FO is not as sentimental as most fans are.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    You own the division by gloating about picking up a player that a bad team chose to cut?

    That "bad team" (and I'm glad you freely admit it) didn't cut him because he can't play anymore, just that he can't play worth his elite contract was paying.

    That's fine by me, we didn't need a elite, top 3, corner....we needed a upgrade over what we had on the roster and that's what we got.

    Trust me, if Haden was willing to take a pay cut in Cleveland he'd still be your starter....

    Win win STEELERS!

    @gafreleets said:

    That "bad team" (and I'm glad you freely admit it) didn't cut him because he can't play anymore, just that he can't play worth his elite contract was paying.

    That's fine by me, we didn't need a elite, top 3, corner....we needed a upgrade over what we had on the roster and that's what we got.

    Trust me, if Haden was willing to take a pay cut in Cleveland he'd still be your starter....

    Win win STEELERS!

    Joe wasn't starting before he left. Pretty soon you guys will see why. He is a great teammate but he is done.

  • Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

  • Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

    No shit logic. Hey Zombo isn't it about time for a name change here?

    WSS

  • Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

    Fake news.

  • Soon as they juice ol' Joe up.. He'll be back in form (Sarcasm Alert)

  • Soon as they juice ol' Joe up.. He'll be back in form (Sarcasm Alert)

    @nickers said:

    Soon as they juice ol' Joe up.. He'll be back in form (Sarcasm Alert)

    Well, the HGH helped revive Harrison when he went back there.  Maybe it is what they will want Joe to do to regain his form. 

  • We always like to say "screw em", and I suppose I get it. I don't really have a strong feeling about this guy one way or another.

    However, if he winds up kicking ass for the Steelers, I don't know what that says about the Browns organization, but it's not good. If the guy kicks ass, you have to know tht Haslam is going to be grinding his teeth.

    I really don't want to piss on the Browns parade, but this team looks no different to me than last year. Ah, maybe they are more aggressive? Sure, but what does that net? Years back when Flugel was pimping Crennel and Sewage, someone chimed in that you could see a difference this year because while the D was still missing tackles, at least they were in position to make the tackles. I thought to myself, WTF? We Browns fans like to give style points, don't we?

    So too is my concern with Garrett. "He is getting close to the QB" one fan said. Honestly, #1  #1, not to make plays, but to get in position, to be in the proper zip code?

    I think of cats that play for the great defenses, Ray Lews, P'olamalu, James Harrison, LT, etc...........Sorry man, but Garrett just doesn't look like a paid killer. So far, the OL have put up a bit of resistance and let him burn his energy, "getting close"

    If I am a betting man, I will bet Haden makes a couple plays against his old team, maybe a pick six. This is the kind of shit that Haslam loses sleep over, and I imagine Hue and company, too.

  • We always like to say "screw em", and I suppose I get it. I don't really have a strong feeling about this guy one way or another.

    However, if he winds up kicking ass for the Steelers, I don't know what that says about the Browns organization, but it's not good. If the guy kicks ass, you have to know tht Haslam is going to be grinding his teeth.

    I really don't want to piss on the Browns parade, but this team looks no different to me than last year. Ah, maybe they are more aggressive? Sure, but what does that net? Years back when Flugel was pimping Crennel and Sewage, someone chimed in that you could see a difference this year because while the D was still missing tackles, at least they were in position to make the tackles. I thought to myself, WTF? We Browns fans like to give style points, don't we?

    So too is my concern with Garrett. "He is getting close to the QB" one fan said. Honestly, #1  #1, not to make plays, but to get in position, to be in the proper zip code?

    I think of cats that play for the great defenses, Ray Lews, P'olamalu, James Harrison, LT, etc...........Sorry man, but Garrett just doesn't look like a paid killer. So far, the OL have put up a bit of resistance and let him burn his energy, "getting close"

    If I am a betting man, I will bet Haden makes a couple plays against his old team, maybe a pick six. This is the kind of shit that Haslam loses sleep over, and I imagine Hue and company, too.

    @ghoolie said:

    We always like to say "screw em", and I suppose I get it. I don't really have a strong feeling about this guy one way or another.

    However, if he winds up kicking ass for the Steelers, I don't know what that says about the Browns organization, but it's not good. If the guy kicks ass, you have to know tht Haslam is going to be grinding his teeth.

    And...what if it is proven right...that he can barely hack it anymore?

    I really don't want to piss on the Browns parade, but this team looks no different to me than last year. Ah, maybe they are more aggressive? Sure, but what does that net? Years back when Flugel was pimping Crennel and Sewage, someone chimed in that you could see a difference this year because while the D was still missing tackles, at least they were in position to make the tackles. I thought to myself, WTF? We Browns fans like to give style points, don't we?

    So too is my concern with Garrett. "He is getting close to the QB" one fan said. Honestly, #1  #1, not to make plays, but to get in position, to be in the proper zip code?

    I think of cats that play for the great defenses, Ray Lews, P'olamalu, James Harrison, LT, etc...........Sorry man, but Garrett just doesn't look like a paid killer. So far, the OL have put up a bit of resistance and let him burn his energy, "getting close"

    If I am a betting man, I will bet Haden makes a couple plays against his old team, maybe a pick six. This is the kind of shit that Haslam loses sleep over, and I imagine Hue and company, too.

    I don't think you have any particular insight into who can and who cannot become an outstanding player in this league.  I am going to say something that is devastating to your reputation:   Your talent evaluation capabilities are given one step above as much credence around here as Poetic G's is given.

  • Also, why the fuck is a Steelers fan here? You should be out making sure the women of Pittsburgh don't get raped by the city hero.

  • Gafraleets best post ever above.

  • just like all the commies and powderpuffs on here that hide behind a flag and someone else holding it.

    Xs and Os are great....now pick up your balls and put on some man pants Sashi and Hue.

    that's all right they'll all be gone next year............just like texas and california.

  • just like all the commies and powderpuffs on here that hide behind a flag and someone else holding it.

    Xs and Os are great....now pick up your balls and put on some man pants Sashi and Hue.

    that's all right they'll all be gone next year............just like texas and california.

    @miktoxic said:

    just like all the commies and powderpuffs on here that hide behind a flag and someone else holding it.

    Xs and Os are great....now pick up your balls and put on some man pants Sashi and Hue.

    that's all right they'll all be gone next year............just like texas and california.

    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

  • The Steelers seem to like our 1st round pick CB's.  No matter how bad they are.

    The last couple of years Haden has been chasing receivers running down the field with the ball.  I like him...but I can't even wish him well because he went to the freakin' steelers!

  • The way the deal is structured it has been described as $7 mil this year and $10 mil options for 2018 and 2019. So it depends on which Joe Haden Pgh gets. If it is the one from 2014 and before, they look pretty smart. If it is the one from the last two seasons, not a huge downside as they don't have to exercise the club options. 

    I now understand why they did this.

    What I don't understand is how they have such good luck with mid round wide receivers but can't draft good defensive backs to save their soul.

  • @miktoxic said:

    just like all the commies and powderpuffs on here that hide behind a flag and someone else holding it.

    Xs and Os are great....now pick up your balls and put on some man pants Sashi and Hue.

    that's all right they'll all be gone next year............just like texas and california.

    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

    @dutch-oven said:

    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

    i strive to bring out the idiocy of powderpuffs and safe space dwellers.

    you should be glad to know you are added to the list.

    dingleberry.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

    i strive to bring out the idiocy of powderpuffs and safe space dwellers.

    you should be glad to know you are added to the list.

    dingleberry.

    @miktoxic said:

    i strive to bring out the idiocy of powderpuffs and safe space dwellers.

    you should be glad to know you are added to the list.

    dingleberry.

    Lighten up, Francis.