Skip to content

Who won a job tonight?

The Browns Board
11 10 526
  • I'll say Jordan Leslie. I think he may be the 2nd best receiver on the team. 

  • I'll say Jordan Leslie. I think he may be the 2nd best receiver on the team. 

    @jcam222 said:

    I'll say Jordan Leslie. I think he may be the 2nd best receiver on the team. 

    He definitely looks worthy of a roster spot. I wouldn't even argue about him being the 2nd best receiver. Nobody else seems up to the task.

  • Kevin Hogan

    Calvin Pryor

    Dayes

    Shult

  • In the past, it seemed like Browns' players just "went through the motions" in the 4th exhibition games. Not tonight! These young men played HARD & I applaud their efforts & wish them all well. Many to whom we bid farewell will play elsewhere in the NFL. We will be cutting some viable NFL talent.

    Thanks for a GREAT & FUN preseason!!  

    Mike

  • Kevin Hogan

    Calvin Pryor

    Dayes

    Shult

    @poeticg said:

    Kevin Hogan

    Calvin Pryor

    Dayes

    Shult

    Dayes could have sat out this game and would have made the roster. Calvin Pryor played good. Kevin Hogan played a lot better than I thought he was. 

  • It's September! I hope Goodell has Gordon's reinstatement ready by noon. 😉

  • Dayes looks good any time he's in there. 

    I think hogan won the job,  and it's bye bye Brock. He's shown he can put points on the board and move the ball

  • Hue? 😆

    Hey just win baby, a lot to be said about establisting a winning attitude a 4-0 record is better than 0-4 any day even in preseason.  This team does have some good young talent and it should be an exciting 2017 season,  the most interesting picks might be who makes the developmental squad including a lot of the above mentioned names.

    ...... NFL owners voted Tuesday to eliminate the roster cutdown to 75 players during the preseason, instead opting to have a one-time reduction before the regular that will slash rosters from 90 players to 53. The decision was made at the league's spring meetings in Chicago. The 75-man cut used to occur between the third and fourth weeks of preseason. With the change, teams will be required to cut up to 37 players following the final preseason game. This could place more urgency and importance on the final exhibition contest, with more roster spots theoretically up for grabs.

    It also means nearly 1,200 players will become available before the start of the regular season, likely creating a hectic period as teams scramble to fine-tune opening-day rosters while filling out practice squads.

    MORE COVERAGE FROM NFL MEETINGS

    NFL relaxing penalties for on-field celebrationsNFL owners approve reducing overtime to 10 minutes

    Also Tuesday, owners approved a measure that makes a second player who is placed on injured reserve eligible to return later in the season. Previously, only one could be designated for recall from IR, thanks to a rule that was adopted in 2012 and amended in 2016. The 2016 bylaw stated that any player who had spent at least six weeks on IR would be eligible to return to practice, opening a 14-day window for the player to return to the active roster. Other changes that were adopted included a reduction of overtime from 15 minutes to 10 and a relaxation of on-field celebration rules.......

    GO BROWNS and don't forget about the INDIANS! 

  • In the past, it seemed like Browns' players just "went through the motions" in the 4th exhibition games. Not tonight! These young men played HARD & I applaud their efforts & wish them all well. Many to whom we bid farewell will play elsewhere in the NFL. We will be cutting some viable NFL talent.

    Thanks for a GREAT & FUN preseason!!  

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    In the past, it seemed like Browns' players just "went through the motions" in the 4th exhibition games. Not tonight! These young men played HARD & I applaud their efforts & wish them all well. Many to whom we bid farewell will play elsewhere in the NFL. We will be cutting some viable NFL talent.

    Thanks for a GREAT & FUN preseason!!  

    Mike

    Agree. Let's cross our fingers and hope this swarming defense in pre season continues. 

  • Leslie made a circus catch, but he also had a couple of drops. But he gets himself in positions to make catches which is more than the rest do.

  • I think Hogan has looked good in the games I've seen him in, better than Kessler.

    I like Cody, but I'm hearing there is a trade in the works involving him.