Skip to content

2017 NFL Waiver Wire And Player Cut Thread

The Browns Board
60 25 2.5k
  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Speaking of QB's I predicted Brock Lobster would return to Denver and he is...although they get him at a league minimum and the Browns are left paying over 15 million for a second round pick. 

  • Speaking of QB's I predicted Brock Lobster would return to Denver and he is...although they get him at a league minimum and the Browns are left paying over 15 million for a second round pick. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @opal312 said:

    Speaking of QB's I predicted Brock Lobster would return to Denver and he is...although they get him at a league minimum and the Browns are left paying over 15 million for a second round pick. 

    Pretty cheap when you have the greatest cap space to fill in the NFL.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #30
  • @calfoxwc said:

    Well, I can't believe Leslie didn't earn a spot. Practice squad? I don't get it.

    I watched the Bears game today and Leslie made a great one handed reception.  Spectacular.  And then proceeded to drop one thrown RIGHT TO HIM.  I mean, he dropped a REAL EASY one.   

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #31

    @orion said:

    I watched the Bears game today and Leslie made a great one handed reception.  Spectacular.  And then proceeded to drop one thrown RIGHT TO HIM.  I mean, he dropped a REAL EASY one.   

    Ah....doesnt matter.....he was still the best looking WR we had on the field this preseason......that one spectacular catch was more than the whole staff made together....in all 4 games....

    On a similar note.....I already listed Travis Rudolph as someone we should consider picking up.....but, now, I see Seattle has cut Kasen Williams......

    Browns should tap this guy immediately.....probably would be a starter here....

    http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/08/13/every-kasen-williams-catch-preseason-week-1

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Well, I can't believe Leslie didn't earn a spot. Practice squad? I don't get it.

    I watched the Bears game today and Leslie made a great one handed reception.  Spectacular.  And then proceeded to drop one thrown RIGHT TO HIM.  I mean, he dropped a REAL EASY one.   

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #32

    @orion said:

    I watched the Bears game today and Leslie made a great one handed reception.  Spectacular.  And then proceeded to drop one thrown RIGHT TO HIM.  I mean, he dropped a REAL EASY one.   

    That catch is why I think he needs to be on our PS if he clears. He's been no worse than Britt on occasional stone hands. And he gets open more often than anyone we have. I'm afraid Britt may be turning into Bowe 2.0.

  • @orion said:

    I watched the Bears game today and Leslie made a great one handed reception.  Spectacular.  And then proceeded to drop one thrown RIGHT TO HIM.  I mean, he dropped a REAL EASY one.   

    That catch is why I think he needs to be on our PS if he clears. He's been no worse than Britt on occasional stone hands. And he gets open more often than anyone we have. I'm afraid Britt may be turning into Bowe 2.0.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @texasag1969 said:

    . I'm afraid Britt may be turning into Bowe 2.0.

    Too early to say I told ya so.....but I certainly will when that time comes......;)

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Word is that he is signing with the Bucs.....

  • @orion said:

    I watched the Bears game today and Leslie made a great one handed reception.  Spectacular.  And then proceeded to drop one thrown RIGHT TO HIM.  I mean, he dropped a REAL EASY one.   

    Ah....doesnt matter.....he was still the best looking WR we had on the field this preseason......that one spectacular catch was more than the whole staff made together....in all 4 games....

    On a similar note.....I already listed Travis Rudolph as someone we should consider picking up.....but, now, I see Seattle has cut Kasen Williams......

    Browns should tap this guy immediately.....probably would be a starter here....

    http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/08/13/every-kasen-williams-catch-preseason-week-1

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #35

    @mudfly said:

    On a similar note.....I already listed Travis Rudolph as someone we should consider picking up.....but, now, I see Seattle has cut Kasen Williams......

    Browns should tap this guy immediately.....probably would be a starter here....

    http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/08/13/every-kasen-williams-catch-preseason-week-1

    Kasen Williams had a awesome camp..this is a huge mistake rarely coming from Seattle's GM after trading Kearse..Time to jump on this WR   

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Per Adam Schefter...

    Pending Monday's physical, Broncos will sign their former QB Brock Osweiler on a one-year, $775,000 deal.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Bug Howard cut by the Colts, Mitch's WR at North Carolina

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @boo-fagley said:

     Simean is so bad that Oiswieller was worth another look

    Kinda makes you wonder how bad Paxton Lynch really is?

  • @boo-fagley said:

     Simean is so bad that Oiswieller was worth another look

    Kinda makes you wonder how bad Paxton Lynch really is?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @canton-dawg said:

    Kinda makes you wonder how bad Paxton Lynch really is?

    Id say he's pretty bad.....

  • Bug Howard cut by the Colts, Mitch's WR at North Carolina

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #40

    @7moses7 said:

    Bug Howard cut by the Colts, Mitch's WR at North Carolina

    took him in our mock as a 7th round sleeper..Love the kids range, even on Mitch's inaccuracy at UNC, so he fits our QB issues, but really he's no better than Leslie or R.Hall imo 

  • A Adoug319 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    WR. Austin Carr (no, not that Austin Carr) just got cut by the Pats. Had a stellar preseason, some Patriots fans were surprised and pissed. Would be good here

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    You are all aware he is out for at least 5 weeks right?

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/02/report-paxton-lynch-to-miss-five-weeks/

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #43

    Mud was correct, Per Adam Schefter. . .

    Former Broncos' S TJ Ward reached agreement with Tampa Bay Buccaneers  on a 1 year deal worth up to $5 million, per source.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #44

    One name. Austin Carr. I like Rudolph and the guy from Seatle as options as well, but Car was bar none the highest performing WR in the preseason. He just gets open and he just catches the ball. You could slot him in as the starting slot recurve right away.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #45

    Did you read the in between the line comments of John F'em Elway? Making it sound like Brock was in QB Siberia Of Hue Jackson for 18 months..F' him.. if I can't post it,find it..Elway is a &&dd###     

  • Did you read the in between the line comments of John F'em Elway? Making it sound like Brock was in QB Siberia Of Hue Jackson for 18 months..F' him.. if I can't post it,find it..Elway is a &&dd###     

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @gumby73 said:

    Did you read the in between the line comments of John F'em Elway? Making it sound like Brock was in QB Siberia Of Hue Jackson for 18 months..F' him.. if I can't post it,find it..Elway is a &&dd###     

    Right.....basically said the Browns prolly messed him up....and the Broncs'll have to fix that.....Elways sucks turtle dicks

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #47

    And did Houston mess him up too?

    I look forward to our waivers.  I'm guessing a WR will be our first pickup.