Skip to content

Down to 53

The Browns Board
23 13 800
  • OFFENSIVE LINE (9): Joe Thomas, Joel Bitonio, JC Tretter, Kevin Zeitler, Shon Coleman, John Greco, Rod Johnson, Spencer Drango, Austin Reiter

    The value of Greco is apparent. Because he has replaced the injured Bitonio (knee), the Browns have to keep another center, so Reiter makes it.

    Their logic on number needed is flawed as Greco can slide to C, if needed, with Drango backfilling at OG. But if one is kept, I still have slight preference for Fabiano over Reiter that I can't shake.

  • As is Greco.....which I saw coming.....and is a HUGE mistake....

    Ive concluded the Browns hate depth.....

  • I'm not surprised about parkway because it was this regime that drafted Gonzalez, and it seem like a toss-up anyway. I think Greco and Joe Haden will be missed and possibly the experience Osweiler brought to the table but probably not much.

    WSS

  • Well, what I see happening is simply this:   the same old shit that happens all the time with egotistical GMs.    If someone isn't OUR GUY....they are much more apt to let them go.....even if, in my opinion, it may have been in the best interest of the team to keep him.

    Greco wasn't Sachi/Berry's "guy"

    Cooper was not "their guy".

    They will keep a 7th round throw in pick  instead of a long time steady veteran because those picks were "their guys".  

    So? What is so different about this FO from every other fucking one we have ever had....who all wanted to keep "their guys". 

  • Well Gip....to this point.....I dont believe that Shashi has cut a single player he's drafted.......ever.....

    This should be the year that some go......but, Im guessing some better players will be cut and lesser players retained, just because of their origin.....

  • Well Gip....to this point.....I dont believe that Shashi has cut a single player he's drafted.......ever.....

    This should be the year that some go......but, Im guessing some better players will be cut and lesser players retained, just because of their origin.....

    @mudfly said:

    Well Gip....to this point.....I dont believe that Shashi has cut a single player he's drafted.......ever.....

    This should be the year that some go......but, Im guessing some better players will be cut and lesser players retained, just because of their origin.....

    Yes, my point exactly.  He has 3 of those 4 WRs that he drafted last year, none of which have done Bo Diddley yet. 

    I think his actions in this regard delve more into arrogance than analytics.

  • Id agree 100%

  • WelL....I take that back....looks like they cut Trey Caldwell.....5th or 6th rounder from last years draft....so there is one....

  • Hence why I am so pissed at the release of Haden. He wasn't one of their guys... but he was one of "our" guys. Haden has been here to experience all the losing, along with Thomas. He didn't deserve the contract he was being paid based on his analytic chart, but to "me", he deserved every bit of it. Hell, it took 16 million dollars and a fourth round draft pick to get a second round pick. I loved that Joe Haden WANTED to stay here when he could have bounced and took his talents to South Beach with LeBron, but Haden stayed. Yo, that shit means something to ME. You guys can say what you want but I watch the Browns and wish they could win every game. But, you know what 17 years of losing has done to me? I enjoy the process now, I've found the GAME inside of the game. I love Browns football. It's brought my family TOGETHER. From trips to the Stadium for Family Fun Night, to PreSeason games, to Berea for Training Camp, to bull-riding and zip-lining to Meet the Rookies. The Browns mean something to ME and MY FAMILY. We have taken enough losses and cried enough tears to have the honor of having "our guy". 

    Haden Joe-Otto Thomas is our Dog's name and our late cat's name was Cribbs. We also have Dawson. 

    I think we have to decide what kind a of team we want to be?

  • As is Greco.....which I saw coming.....and is a HUGE mistake....

    Ive concluded the Browns hate depth.....

    @mudfly said:

    As is Greco.....which I saw coming.....and is a HUGE mistake....

    You know I've been a Greco fan, Mud, but he was not the same player this preseason.

    And I'm not buying the whole "just because this FO did not sign him" thing...

  • @mudfly said:

    As is Greco.....which I saw coming.....and is a HUGE mistake....

    You know I've been a Greco fan, Mud, but he was not the same player this preseason.

    And I'm not buying the whole "just because this FO did not sign him" thing...

    @tour2ma said:

    You know I've been a Greco fan, Mud, but he was not the same player this preseason.

    When you see the first half of Bears game?(bears broadcast w/9:25 in 1st qtr.) Watch John's pull from LG to RG where John gets stood up in Hole.Blamo!.Your right, he looked as heavy as our OL Coach.Wonder if FO tried to bury John on pup & JG response was 'notta'

  • Hence why I am so pissed at the release of Haden. He wasn't one of their guys... but he was one of "our" guys. Haden has been here to experience all the losing, along with Thomas. He didn't deserve the contract he was being paid based on his analytic chart, but to "me", he deserved every bit of it. Hell, it took 16 million dollars and a fourth round draft pick to get a second round pick. I loved that Joe Haden WANTED to stay here when he could have bounced and took his talents to South Beach with LeBron, but Haden stayed. Yo, that shit means something to ME. You guys can say what you want but I watch the Browns and wish they could win every game. But, you know what 17 years of losing has done to me? I enjoy the process now, I've found the GAME inside of the game. I love Browns football. It's brought my family TOGETHER. From trips to the Stadium for Family Fun Night, to PreSeason games, to Berea for Training Camp, to bull-riding and zip-lining to Meet the Rookies. The Browns mean something to ME and MY FAMILY. We have taken enough losses and cried enough tears to have the honor of having "our guy". 

    Haden Joe-Otto Thomas is our Dog's name and our late cat's name was Cribbs. We also have Dawson. 

    I think we have to decide what kind a of team we want to be?

    @poeticg said:

     I think we have to decide what kind a of team we want to be?

    A winning one. 

  • @poeticg said:

     I think we have to decide what kind a of team we want to be?

    A winning one. 

    @d-bone said:

    A winning one. 

    Well, of course- Captain Obvious. We all want to be a winning team... but at what cost? Would you sell your soul for a winning season? 

  • @d-bone said:

    A winning one. 

    Well, of course- Captain Obvious. We all want to be a winning team... but at what cost? Would you sell your soul for a winning season? 

    @poeticg said:

    Well, of course- Captain Obvious. We all want to be a winning team... but at what cost? Would you sell your soul for a winning season? 

    Well no, not my soul..... but I'd sell Haden. 😎

  • @d-bone said:

    A winning one. 

    Well, of course- Captain Obvious. We all want to be a winning team... but at what cost? Would you sell your soul for a winning season? 

    @poeticg said:

    Well, of course- Captain Obvious. We all want to be a winning team... but at what cost? Would you sell your soul for a winning season? 

    Getting rid of a player with highly diminished skills is definitely comparable to selling your soul....

  • @d-bone said:

    A winning one. 

    Well, of course- Captain Obvious. We all want to be a winning team... but at what cost? Would you sell your soul for a winning season? 

    @poeticg said:

    Well, of course- Captain Obvious. We all want to be a winning team... but at what cost? Would you sell your soul for a winning season? 

    I think you're getting a little too emotional...which... Yeah that makes sense

  • Is "diminished soul" the same as a "Little Bit of Soul"?

    ... and, no, I never saw them in concert.

  • WelL....I take that back....looks like they cut Trey Caldwell.....5th or 6th rounder from last years draft....so there is one....

    @mudfly said:

    WelL....I take that back....looks like they cut Trey Caldwell.....5th or 6th rounder from last years draft....so there is one....

    OK,  I was not sure when we got him....last year or the year before.  So...he is the only guy that Sachi has ever drafted that he has cut loose.   There may still be a couple before the end of the day. I surely do not think that those 4 WRs from last year will all stick here.

  • As is Greco.....which I saw coming.....and is a HUGE mistake....

    Ive concluded the Browns hate depth.....

    @mudfly said:

    As is Greco.....which I saw coming.....and is a HUGE mistake....

    Ive concluded the Browns hate depth.....

    I agree cutting Greco was stupid.