A and him put Rosen on Heisman lead
-
Actually, I see, having looked up its location, that I too have been through Hearne TX....but just drove through. On my way taking my daughter to college 5 years or so ago. May have stopped for lunch...but otherwise just passed through on the way to SA on Hwy. 79
-
Actually, I see, having looked up its location, that I too have been through Hearne TX....but just drove through. On my way taking my daughter to college 5 years or so ago. May have stopped for lunch...but otherwise just passed through on the way to SA on Hwy. 79
Actually, I see, having looked up its location, that I too have been through Hearne TX....but just drove through. On my way taking my daughter to college 5 years or so ago. May have stopped for lunch...but otherwise just passed through on the way to SA on Hwy. 79
There is an old air strip just outside Hearne where I learned how to be a skydiver and earned my sport jumpmasters license. Also used to take a train from there to Austin to visit my grandparents back in the 50's. I gave my old license to my skydiving daughter after she won a national meet as a member of a 4 person skydiving relative work team in Denver. Twenty different formation in 60 seconds of freefall and they were perfect. I was never that good.
-
I arrived in Hearne between 2 and 3 am for the first time and saw nothing but barb wire fences and cows out of College Station /Bryan headed west, I didn't know that I was even there until I saw a HEARNE FORD sign on a building.
Had an 8 am meeting which I postponed and was staying at the Best Western motel, went next door to the Ponderosa diner all dressed in my northern Yankee garb caring an attache case and realized immediately I was the only one there with a jacket and tie, not a bolo.......just the beginning of the differences between Youngstown area and Tex-ass! And the plant, what a mess by our uptight standards........

-
Actually, I see, having looked up its location, that I too have been through Hearne TX....but just drove through. On my way taking my daughter to college 5 years or so ago. May have stopped for lunch...but otherwise just passed through on the way to SA on Hwy. 79
Actually, I see, having looked up its location, that I too have been through Hearne TX....but just drove through. On my way taking my daughter to college 5 years or so ago. May have stopped for lunch...but otherwise just passed through on the way to SA on Hwy. 79
If you were on 79/190 through Hearne you went right by our GATX repair shop right next to 79 and the tracks that went for miles many with inbound or outbound tank cars.
-
Actually, I see, having looked up its location, that I too have been through Hearne TX....but just drove through. On my way taking my daughter to college 5 years or so ago. May have stopped for lunch...but otherwise just passed through on the way to SA on Hwy. 79
If you were on 79/190 through Hearne you went right by our GATX repair shop right next to 79 and the tracks that went for miles many with inbound or outbound tank cars.
If you were on 79/190 through Hearne you went right by our GATX repair shop right next to 79 and the tracks that went for miles many with inbound or outbound tank cars.
I dunno, I was just looking the yellow and white lines on the road in front of me....or I was looking for some Golden Arches. I have been to a number of Texas towns and paid quite a bit of attention to what is there...but not Hearne.
-
And just when I think you can't get any more stupid Sumlin does it again. With a 7 point lead less than 40 seconds to go on 3rd down with the other team having no time outs. Do they take a knee and end the game with a win as the clock has to run out before the play clock does. No-they throw an incomplete pass and then risk it all by kicking a field goal against a team that has already blocked one this year. Fortunately it was good, but it didn't even have to be kicked. So stupid even an elementary school coach would have taken a knee and the sure win.

-
Looks like Texas A&M just gave the lead in the Heisman race to Josh Rosen of UCLA given that he came back from a 34 point deficit
Looks like Texas A&M just gave the lead in the Heisman race to Josh Rosen of UCLA given that he came back from a 34 point deficit
Meh... I watched that game and did not see a Heisman winner. Kid has tools to be sure, but some of the throws he got away with in the comeback were ill-advised... and that's being very kind.
Apparently he threw 5 TDs in today's game, which I did not see.
-
Looks like Texas A&M just gave the lead in the Heisman race to Josh Rosen of UCLA given that he came back from a 34 point deficit
Meh... I watched that game and did not see a Heisman winner. Kid has tools to be sure, but some of the throws he got away with in the comeback were ill-advised... and that's being very kind.
Apparently he threw 5 TDs in today's game, which I did not see.
Meh... I watched that game and did not see a Heisman winner. Kid has tools to be sure, but some of the throws he got away with in the comeback were ill-advised... and that's being very kind.
Apparently he threw 5 TDs in today's game, which I did not see.
And Darnold & Co ate up Stanford so there's that.
-
Well, some people think that Baker Mayfield may have pushed himself up to near the top of the heap of Heisman Candidates with Saturday's game. Maybe, maybe not. But Barrett clearly fell off the heap.
-
Well, some people think that Baker Mayfield may have pushed himself up to near the top of the heap of Heisman Candidates with Saturday's game. Maybe, maybe not. But Barrett clearly fell off the heap.
Well, some people think that Baker Mayfield may have pushed himself up to near the top of the heap of Heisman Candidates with Saturday's game. Maybe, maybe not. But Barrett clearly fell off the heap.
Mayfield at least gets props for best flag plant of the year. And no one in the OSU band would try to stop him.

-
Well, some people think that Baker Mayfield may have pushed himself up to near the top of the heap of Heisman Candidates with Saturday's game. Maybe, maybe not. But Barrett clearly fell off the heap.
Mayfield at least gets props for best flag plant of the year. And no one in the OSU band would try to stop him.

Mayfield at least gets props for best flag plant of the year. And no one in the OSU band would try to stop him.

What World do you live in Alice? Where worst is best and best is worst, and up is down and down is up.
-
Mayfield at least gets props for best flag plant of the year. And no one in the OSU band would try to stop him.

What World do you live in Alice? Where worst is best and best is worst, and up is down and down is up.
What World do you live in Alice? Where worst is best and best is worst, and up is down and down is up.
Oh come on Gip. If it wasn't OSU it would have been fun to watch. I saw Baylor beat A&M one night in Waco for the first time in 20 years when they went for the 2 point conversion in overtime. They took down one of the goal posts and marched it around the field before taking it through the exit into downtown Waco. I am surely an A&M fan, but looking at it from their point of view it was spectacular.


-
Oh how short memories can be, Urban Meyer has lost 7 games in 6 years up to today..... 7.
And who can forget 2014:
.....After a 12–2 season the previous year, Ohio State signed a highly ranked recruiting class and entered the season ranked No. 5 in the AP poll and No. 6 in the coaches' preseason poll. In the second game of the season, Ohio State was upset by Virginia Tech, 35–21. Following the loss, Ohio State won five consecutive games, including four against Big Ten opponents. In the ninth game of the season, Ohio State defeated Michigan State in a rematch of the previous year's Big Ten Championship Game. After the 49–37 win over the Spartans, the Buckeyes moved into the top ten in all major polls. After a 42–28 win over bitter rival Michigan, Ohio State completed their third consecutive undefeated Big Ten regular season, and earned their second consecutive berth in the Big Ten Championship Game, where they defeated Wisconsin 59–0. In the first season of the College Football Playoff, Ohio State was selected as the No. 4 team, where they defeated Alabama in the Sugar Bowl 42–35. The win advanced the Buckeyes to the 2015 College Football Playoff National Championship Game, where they defeated Oregon 42–20 to capture the 2014 national championship.
Will something like that happen in 2017 probably not.......but who knows?
-
What World do you live in Alice? Where worst is best and best is worst, and up is down and down is up.
Oh come on Gip. If it wasn't OSU it would have been fun to watch. I saw Baylor beat A&M one night in Waco for the first time in 20 years when they went for the 2 point conversion in overtime. They took down one of the goal posts and marched it around the field before taking it through the exit into downtown Waco. I am surely an A&M fan, but looking at it from their point of view it was spectacular.


Oh come on Gip. If it wasn't OSU it would have been fun to watch. I saw Baylor beat A&M one night in Waco for the first time in 20 years when they went for the 2 point conversion in overtime. They took down one of the goal posts and marched it around the field before taking it through the exit into downtown Waco. I am surely an A&M fan, but looking at it from their point of view it was spectacular.


You are not getting what I said....you said that was the "best flag plant"......when it was the worst flag plant. Hello! that was a turf field...not a grass field. You couldn't plant anything in it.
-
best flag plant attempt fixed

-
Ag, why can't Christian Kirk fair catch a punt? We are losing serious yardage with him letting everything go.
Also, did you see that pass hit him in the numbers in the endzone and he dropped it?
-
Ag, why can't Christian Kirk fair catch a punt? We are losing serious yardage with him letting everything go.
Also, did you see that pass hit him in the numbers in the endzone and he dropped it?
Ag, why can't Christian Kirk fair catch a punt? We are losing serious yardage with him letting everything go.
Also, did you see that pass hit him in the numbers in the endzone and he dropped it?
I was actually more impressed with our freshman RB from Baton Rouge and that great catch from another freshman toe-tapping the sidelines. Kirk just looked off all day starting with the muffed punt.
-
I would argue it's not out of the norm lol.
Kibodi looks like a small Derrick Henry. Upright runner.
My ideal scenario is we squeak out these next two games. Florida and Bama beat us so bad that we fire Sumlin during the bye week (no I'm not rooting for a loss but since those losses are pretty assumed, I hope they're fire-worthy). Then we have a new lease on life with the interim coach and we win out.
-
I would argue it's not out of the norm lol.
Kibodi looks like a small Derrick Henry. Upright runner.
My ideal scenario is we squeak out these next two games. Florida and Bama beat us so bad that we fire Sumlin during the bye week (no I'm not rooting for a loss but since those losses are pretty assumed, I hope they're fire-worthy). Then we have a new lease on life with the interim coach and we win out.
I would argue it's not out of the norm lol.
Kibodi looks like a small Derrick Henry. Upright runner.
My ideal scenario is we squeak out these next two games. Florida and Bama beat us so bad that we fire Sumlin during the bye week (no I'm not rooting for a loss but since those losses are pretty assumed, I hope they're fire-worthy). Then we have a new lease on life with the interim coach and we win out.
Win out? Sure! LOL!

Fortunately I will be in Spain for the Florida debacle. I thought I would be there for Bama too, but realized I leave a few days later. I will tape it and watch only if we come within a couple of TDs. In other words I'm skipping it.
-
I would argue it's not out of the norm lol.
Kibodi looks like a small Derrick Henry. Upright runner.
My ideal scenario is we squeak out these next two games. Florida and Bama beat us so bad that we fire Sumlin during the bye week (no I'm not rooting for a loss but since those losses are pretty assumed, I hope they're fire-worthy). Then we have a new lease on life with the interim coach and we win out.
I would argue it's not out of the norm lol.
Well back to normal. SEC Net player of the week. 246 all-purpose yds, 5 catches (umpteen decoys) 2 TD's and a forced pooch KO that gave us the ball on the Ark. 49 to set up the tying FG to get us into OT where he scores the winning TD. Meet the Browns next WR/return man.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login