Garrett Hurt Already
-
I knew the answer but an answer is not what I was looking for, I knew how it happened. When I said "How does this happen" I was meaning, Oh just forget it, If nobody else think this is funny then IDK what to tell you. The number 1 pick, hurt in a freak accident, Only in Cleveland., I hate our luck
I knew the answer but an answer is not what I was looking for, I knew how it happened. When I said "How does this happen" I was meaning, Oh just forget it, If nobody else think this is funny then IDK what to tell you. The number 1 pick, hurt in a freak accident, Only in Cleveland., I hate our luck
We're not the only team that's happened to. The Bengals lost #1 KiJana Carter permanently to an injury. Bo Jackson got a potential HOF career prematurely derailed by a fluke, and I do mean fluke injury. In the days before HIPPA, our sports medicine doc got the details at a conference, and I heard what happened.
-
Still a Browns fan man. And I am just sick of us being the joke of the NFL, We have by far the biggest fan base and have been but why? We can't win any games, We are lucky to win 4 or 5 games a year and the games we do win come down to the last second, We are not going to have any fans in the future if we don't win something soon, I mean once we all die off or whatever. When I became a Browns fan when I was a kid The Browns were a winning team, We held our heads up high and other teams hated us because they were not us, Every year we get all stoked up about the season because of a Draft pick then BAM, He is gone before the season starts.
-
Still a Browns fan man. And I am just sick of us being the joke of the NFL, We have by far the biggest fan base and have been but why? We can't win any games, We are lucky to win 4 or 5 games a year and the games we do win come down to the last second, We are not going to have any fans in the future if we don't win something soon, I mean once we all die off or whatever. When I became a Browns fan when I was a kid The Browns were a winning team, We held our heads up high and other teams hated us because they were not us, Every year we get all stoked up about the season because of a Draft pick then BAM, He is gone before the season starts.
<<Still a Browns fan man. And I am just sick of us being the joke of the NFL, We have by far the biggest fan base and have been but why? >>
This is a falsehood. The Browns Backers fan base is the largest database of team support, but it is meaningless. Why? my Father died in 2000, he is still counted in the fan base. 3/4 of that database are dead people. Once you sign up, you are a Hotel California guest.
Actual research shows that the Browns fan base is near the bottom of the list. The team is not very popular outside NE Ohio, and in fact Ohio posts just as many Steeler fans as Browns fans. By merchandise sales, the Browns aren't even in the same orbit with the top teams.
https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2017/06/17/nfl-fan-base-and-brand-rankings-2017/
http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/06/which_nfl_fan_base_is_the_best_a_study_r.html
https://sportschatplace.com/nfl-picks/2015/07/29/nfl-teams-with-the-top-ten-most-merchandise-sales
<<We can't win any games, We are lucky to win 4 or 5 games a year and the games we do win come down to the last second, We are not going to have any fans in the future if we don't win something soon, I mean once we all die off or whatever. When I became a Browns fan when I was a kid The Browns were a winning team, We held our heads up high and other teams hated us because they were not us, Every year we get all stoked up about the season because of a Draft pick then BAM, He is gone before the season starts.>>
Right now, unless you are the most idiotic of homers, (Hoorta, Zomblow, Flugel) you have to realize that the Browns are a team, intended or not, in prime position for a future move. As distasteful as this may sound, you yourself hit a few salient points. But let me point out the bigger picture to you.
The NFL, for the first time in its history is a shrinking market. News Flash, Billionaires don't own football teams for the love of football, they do it for the love of money that football brings them. It is not a secret that the city of Cleveland is not an expanding city and in general the area is not producing more Browns fans. All NFL teams share in the revenue of the other teams, so, when you have a dud, like the Browns, moving that team to a progressive, growing city not only make sense for the owner, but also for the other owners, the fans and the league as well.
The Browns fan base is not what it once was, and the clout Cleveland once had as a football town is largely diminished. Add to this that Browns fans no longer really understand football, and have lost their drive to demand a winner. Just look at the shit we have, and here, on TBB you will find jackoffs INSISTING that this franchise is really, really smart, and that we are doing all the things that most other people are not educated enough to understand. Only in Cleveland to assholes celebrate drafting a shit black Tarkenton in Round 2 as a smart move that enables us to not have to use a #1 on a QB.
Seriously man, how fucking stupid are Browns fans and ownership? These are the only people in the world who juxtapose the vale of a QB with that of a dime-a-dozen fatass offensive lineman.
Dude, stop with the horseshit. The Browns are not the most popular franchise, they are arguably the least popular. The one thing you are dead on about is that the fans, and franchise not being motivated to win, is indeed killing the fan base. (2016, Sashi said, "this year is not about winning") Seriously, how fucked up is that?
-
@boo-fagley said:
The Browns luck will change for the better.
The franchise is in position to land a stud QB next draft assuming Kizer doesnt impress people.
I bet not. The best prospect will be gone. Plus I think Hugh Jackson is infested in Kizer unless he really really flames out.
WSS
-
@boo-fagley said:
The Browns luck will change for the better.
The franchise is in position to land a stud QB next draft assuming Kizer doesnt impress people.
I bet not. The best prospect will be gone. Plus I think Hugh Jackson is infested in Kizer unless he really really flames out.
WSS
Plus I think Hugh Jackson is infested in Kizer unless he really really flames out.
Ummmm... the Draft is Sashi & Co's turf. Great if Hue's on board as well, but if he's not and "the Company" isn't infested as well, we're adding to the mix.
Great typo by the way... so good the I'd invest in it...

-
Plus I think Hugh Jackson is infested in Kizer unless he really really flames out.
Ummmm... the Draft is Sashi & Co's turf. Great if Hue's on board as well, but if he's not and "the Company" isn't infested as well, we're adding to the mix.
Great typo by the way... so good the I'd invest in it...

Ummmm... the Draft is Sashi & Co's turf. Great if Hue's on board as well, but if he's not and "the Company" isn't infested as well, we're adding to the mix.
Great typo by the way... so good the I'd invest in it...

Haha. Oops. But I can't believe Hue Jackson has no say in the matter at all and if he decided to go to the wall for his boy... anyway we aren't picking that high.
Because I get the feeling Kizer was Jackson's pick. Maybe not.
And again even though he wasn't my guy I'm not ready to close the book on him. I need to be convinced ofJackson's legendary, or is it mythical, quarterback mentoring ability.
Six more games and I'll have a stronger opinion.
WSS
-
I think Kess was hue's guy in '16. Kizer in '17? Dunno, but my impression is that we had a couple or three bunched in a tight ordering.
I'm already on record saying that I liked Kizer's value in R2, so I'm being patient as well... just reporting what I see.
Come the '18 Draft tho... unless we, as in all the decision inputers, know Kizer's the guy, I believe we will go QB Day 1... probably pretty high.
-
An American footballer got injured.
Jeez.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Yep, keep drafting QBs till you get a stud.
Too many good QBs is a great problem to have.
Not if you have zero receivers.

-
@boo-fagley said:
Too many good QBs is a great problem to have.
Yup... Can always trade one down the road... then go fishin' again...
But first things first...
-
<<Still a Browns fan man. And I am just sick of us being the joke of the NFL, We have by far the biggest fan base and have been but why? >>
This is a falsehood. The Browns Backers fan base is the largest database of team support, but it is meaningless. Why? my Father died in 2000, he is still counted in the fan base. 3/4 of that database are dead people. Once you sign up, you are a Hotel California guest.
Actual research shows that the Browns fan base is near the bottom of the list. The team is not very popular outside NE Ohio, and in fact Ohio posts just as many Steeler fans as Browns fans. By merchandise sales, the Browns aren't even in the same orbit with the top teams.
https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2017/06/17/nfl-fan-base-and-brand-rankings-2017/
http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/06/which_nfl_fan_base_is_the_best_a_study_r.html
https://sportschatplace.com/nfl-picks/2015/07/29/nfl-teams-with-the-top-ten-most-merchandise-sales
<<We can't win any games, We are lucky to win 4 or 5 games a year and the games we do win come down to the last second, We are not going to have any fans in the future if we don't win something soon, I mean once we all die off or whatever. When I became a Browns fan when I was a kid The Browns were a winning team, We held our heads up high and other teams hated us because they were not us, Every year we get all stoked up about the season because of a Draft pick then BAM, He is gone before the season starts.>>
Right now, unless you are the most idiotic of homers, (Hoorta, Zomblow, Flugel) you have to realize that the Browns are a team, intended or not, in prime position for a future move. As distasteful as this may sound, you yourself hit a few salient points. But let me point out the bigger picture to you.
The NFL, for the first time in its history is a shrinking market. News Flash, Billionaires don't own football teams for the love of football, they do it for the love of money that football brings them. It is not a secret that the city of Cleveland is not an expanding city and in general the area is not producing more Browns fans. All NFL teams share in the revenue of the other teams, so, when you have a dud, like the Browns, moving that team to a progressive, growing city not only make sense for the owner, but also for the other owners, the fans and the league as well.
The Browns fan base is not what it once was, and the clout Cleveland once had as a football town is largely diminished. Add to this that Browns fans no longer really understand football, and have lost their drive to demand a winner. Just look at the shit we have, and here, on TBB you will find jackoffs INSISTING that this franchise is really, really smart, and that we are doing all the things that most other people are not educated enough to understand. Only in Cleveland to assholes celebrate drafting a shit black Tarkenton in Round 2 as a smart move that enables us to not have to use a #1 on a QB.
Seriously man, how fucking stupid are Browns fans and ownership? These are the only people in the world who juxtapose the vale of a QB with that of a dime-a-dozen fatass offensive lineman.
Dude, stop with the horseshit. The Browns are not the most popular franchise, they are arguably the least popular. The one thing you are dead on about is that the fans, and franchise not being motivated to win, is indeed killing the fan base. (2016, Sashi said, "this year is not about winning") Seriously, how fucked up is that?
<<We can't win any games, We are lucky to win 4 or 5 games a year and the games we do win come down to the last second, We are not going to have any fans in the future if we don't win something soon, I mean once we all die off or whatever. When I became a Browns fan when I was a kid The Browns were a winning team, We held our heads up high
From the year I was born until the year I graduated HS, the Browns never had a losing season. - I've always lived in New England and always been a Browns fan (I couldn't give a rats ass about the Indians or Cavs). Now, although I didn't know any Browns fans around me, I was always respected as a football fan because of what the Browns were. But we're NOT what we were. We haven't been for over 20 years. I'm no longer respected. I'm pitied.
Losing breeds apathy. And the Browns have been breeding apathy since their return. - Yes, a message board is filled with loyal fans. But we're only a few of the masses...the bulk are becoming more apathetic every year. These next four games are important. If we don't get some wins then the stands are going to start looking like last year...full of opponent's jerseys...which is even more embarrassing then our W/L record.
The Browns fan base is not what it once was, and the clout Cleveland once had as a football town is largely diminished. Sad but true.
Now, here in New England, the Patriots are the model team and organization. And they have a VERY happy and apparently loyal fan base. Best in the nation right? Nope! Cos when I was in my 20's my friends and I could decide to go see a football game, drive up to Foxborough, buy tickets and sit just about anywhere we wanted. And it'll go BACK that way again if the team goes into a Browns-like funk (Brady retires, etc.).
The Patriots have had a QB. A QB! And a decent OL to give him time. And some receivers that could run routes and catch the ball. The receivers didn't have to be GREAT. They just had to be able to get a LITTLE bit of space and CATCH the damn ball.
It's no coincidence that we've sucked since Bernie Kosar (& Vinny T.). It's because we haven't had a good QB since then.
We LET the Eagles have a QB...so we don't have one...unless Kizer turns out to be the guy. But if he doesn't then we gotta start swinging the QB bat until we hit on one. Or else we're going to continue to see other team's jerseys dominating our stadium.
-
An American footballer got injured.
Jeez.
An American footballer got injured.
Jeez.
We just call it Football

-
<<We can't win any games, We are lucky to win 4 or 5 games a year and the games we do win come down to the last second, We are not going to have any fans in the future if we don't win something soon, I mean once we all die off or whatever. When I became a Browns fan when I was a kid The Browns were a winning team, We held our heads up high
From the year I was born until the year I graduated HS, the Browns never had a losing season. - I've always lived in New England and always been a Browns fan (I couldn't give a rats ass about the Indians or Cavs). Now, although I didn't know any Browns fans around me, I was always respected as a football fan because of what the Browns were. But we're NOT what we were. We haven't been for over 20 years. I'm no longer respected. I'm pitied.
Losing breeds apathy. And the Browns have been breeding apathy since their return. - Yes, a message board is filled with loyal fans. But we're only a few of the masses...the bulk are becoming more apathetic every year. These next four games are important. If we don't get some wins then the stands are going to start looking like last year...full of opponent's jerseys...which is even more embarrassing then our W/L record.
The Browns fan base is not what it once was, and the clout Cleveland once had as a football town is largely diminished. Sad but true.
Now, here in New England, the Patriots are the model team and organization. And they have a VERY happy and apparently loyal fan base. Best in the nation right? Nope! Cos when I was in my 20's my friends and I could decide to go see a football game, drive up to Foxborough, buy tickets and sit just about anywhere we wanted. And it'll go BACK that way again if the team goes into a Browns-like funk (Brady retires, etc.).
The Patriots have had a QB. A QB! And a decent OL to give him time. And some receivers that could run routes and catch the ball. The receivers didn't have to be GREAT. They just had to be able to get a LITTLE bit of space and CATCH the damn ball.
It's no coincidence that we've sucked since Bernie Kosar (& Vinny T.). It's because we haven't had a good QB since then.
We LET the Eagles have a QB...so we don't have one...unless Kizer turns out to be the guy. But if he doesn't then we gotta start swinging the QB bat until we hit on one. Or else we're going to continue to see other team's jerseys dominating our stadium.
Now, here in New England, the Patriots are the model team and organization. And they have a VERY happy and apparently loyal fan base. Best in the nation right? Nope! Cos when I was in my 20's my friends and I could decide to go see a football game, drive up to Foxborough, buy tickets and sit just about anywhere we wanted. And it'll go BACK that way again if the team goes into a Browns-like funk (Brady retires, etc.).
The Patriots have had a QB. A QB! And a decent OL to give him time. And some receivers that could run routes and catch the ball. The receivers didn't have to be GREAT. They just had to be able to get a LITTLE bit of space and CATCH the damn ball.
It's no coincidence that we've sucked since Bernie Kosar (& Vinny T.). It's because we haven't had a good QB since then.
We LET the Eagles have a QB...so we don't have one...unless Kizer turns out to be the guy. But if he doesn't then we gotta start swinging the QB bat until we hit on one. Or else we're going to continue to see other team's jerseys dominating our stadium.
Your post is very good and I agree with it 100%. A few things. Browns fans love to call Steel fans fair weather, and as you point out, all fans are that way to some extent. Die hard Browns fans have been at the top of the list in loyalty despite losing, but as you said, that group is dwindling. Outside the walls of this board, you know it and I know it, EVERYBODY knows it, the Browns are not viewed favorably by most fans.
Regarding the QB. This has been a problem since 1999. For some reasons fans have been convinced that no QB has been good enough to draft early. SO here we sit,with shit.
-
@boo-fagley said:
If Ghoolie is correct about Kizer you wont have to worry about Hue.
I believed all along ( I think if I say believed instead of predicted, less people will get pissed off) that taking Kizer would be the straw that broke Hue Jackson's back.
From the standpoint of being a CEO, how the hell could you pass on Trubisky....a GUARANTEED PICK, and take splinter legs and Black Tarkenton? Is Trubisky a guaranteed star? Who knows? However, drafting him would have indicated to Haslam that QB is job #1. SO whatever happened, Hue would be safe because he went for the gusto. HOWEVER.....................what Hue did was put himself in a position where if Kizer fails, it will illuminate that Hue left the Browns horribly inadequate at QB.
Hue needs to go, and he WILL be fired this season.
Can you imagine being 0 - 4 with the remaining 12 being pretty much non winnable games? Idiot franchise.
-
@boo-fagley said:
If Ghoolie is correct about Kizer you wont have to worry about Hue.
I believed all along ( I think if I say believed instead of predicted, less people will get pissed off) that taking Kizer would be the straw that broke Hue Jackson's back.
From the standpoint of being a CEO, how the hell could you pass on Trubisky....a GUARANTEED PICK, and take splinter legs and Black Tarkenton? Is Trubisky a guaranteed star? Who knows? However, drafting him would have indicated to Haslam that QB is job #1. SO whatever happened, Hue would be safe because he went for the gusto. HOWEVER.....................what Hue did was put himself in a position where if Kizer fails, it will illuminate that Hue left the Browns horribly inadequate at QB.
Hue needs to go, and he WILL be fired this season.
Can you imagine being 0 - 4 with the remaining 12 being pretty much non winnable games? Idiot franchise.
I believed all along ( I think if I say believed instead of predicted, less people will get pissed off) that taking Kizer would be the straw that broke Hue Jackson's back.
From the standpoint of being a CEO, how the hell could you pass on Trubisky....a GUARANTEED PICK, and take splinter legs and Black Tarkenton? Is Trubisky a guaranteed star? Who knows? However, drafting him would have indicated to Haslam that QB is job #1. SO whatever happened, Hue would be safe because he went for the gusto. HOWEVER.....................what Hue did was put himself in a position where if Kizer fails, it will illuminate that Hue left the Browns horribly inadequate at QB.
Hue needs to go, and he WILL be fired this season.
Can you imagine being 0 - 4 with the remaining 12 being pretty much non winnable games? Idiot franchise.
Yup, I do agree that Kizer should he flop, will be the end of Hue in Cleveland. Please- there are winnable games after the Bengals. Get back to me after the Stripers get killed this Sunday up in Green Bay. Eifert probably won't play, and the Bengals offense will consist of Dalton chucking the ball up to Green who will be triple covered. That's what you get when you let your #2 & #3 Wrs walk out in free agency, and make no effort to replace them. (just like letting your two best OL leave this year) The Jets are "Sucking for Sam" (Darnold). Bears? Don't get an orgasm ove the possibility of Trubisky starting for them Christmas Eve.
BTW, I don't see the Browns being 0-4 this year.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Like Brady?
We can send your mailman out there and Brady can make a WR out of him.
Really? NE has zero receivers? Really? I'd trade all of ours for their top 2.
-
I'm sure gronk would just be a turnip truck driver, amandola would be a pecan salesman and edelman's hands would be perfect for a sushi chef. Brandon Cooks with a name like that should have stayed in NO as a cajun sauce man.

EDIT: the Browns have ghost Gordon, clutch Coates, Britany Britt and rummy Ricardo the new QB/WR.
-
Only and idiot would believe that Hue "took" Kizer...
@boo-fagley said:
I believe that Sashi saw Mahomes, Kizer, Tribisky and Watson all pretty equal. Spending another 1st round pick on a QB in a weak QB draft is a mistake that Sashi wasnt going to make. Plus, he sees the same thing that we all see for the 2018 draft. If there is a time make moves to get the guy you want this is the draft class.
Hue is not pulling the strings on roster moves. Sashi is. Hue likely has input, but the final decision probably comes from Sashi. Thats what NFL GMs do. Manage the salary cap and evaluate talent to build winning rosters. If this 2017 draft class turns out to be a dud ( I dont believe it is), whats Sashi going to say? Hue told me to draft those guys? No, not the way it works.
I know that's the way I ended up seeing the top four... well, three plus Mahommes, for whom I never developed a strong opinion. Each of the other three was my top guy for a time leading up to the draft, but never saw any as worth a top ten pick.
Moves for the consensus top guy in the class of 2018 may be available if SF ends up with the #1 overall, but damn that move will be expensive... even if we're picking in the top five. Best hope is that there's a consensus pair, a 1A and 1B, and we like the 1B.
Better handle on Sashi's role, but still not it. He's the consensus builder/ decider... not the decider.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Like Brady? We can send your mailman out there and Brady can make a WR out of him.
My mailman is neither fast nor big.
Tom is great, but last I heard he's not the architect of the NE Offense. You know that all starts with Bill. He's the most adaptive Coach I've ever seen.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login