Skip to content

Garrett Hurt Already

The Browns Board
640 58 23.6k 1
  • Ok ill scknowledge some qb's could be flushed into his arms like santa coming down the chimney on christmas morning. However ogbahs base skillset remains unchanged and teams will chip garrett meaning ogbah still is faced with the basic  insurmountable conundrum of how in the Shmuck do i get around this coksucker infront of me? 

  • @clevfan4life said:

     u know what ogbah is gonna do when garrett gets back? Get handled every down by the RT just the same as he is now. Garett will do nithing for ogbah even if he has 5 sacks his first game.

    Teams are leaving our DE's 1v1 as it is, its not like they're gonna pull the RT over the left side in pass protect and let ogbah or nassib come free. If garrett plays well it just means they're gonna slide some ectra protection his way which can in theory open up some interior rush lanes but the DE on the other side still has to beat his man

    Clev,I just don't get your passion to hate on Ogbah but have a man crush doll on Karter Schultz. Took Kirksey longer to bloom into a NFL LB position when Ogbah may have been our best pick in rookie class last season. The DE position requires a special skill set on setting up your defender usually requiring a long armed swim moves.We will see some of the best DE's in the 3-4 business this weekend with Leonard Williams & M.Wilkerson. If we had a shot at another DE?(not in this FO plan)We actually had 2 chances to get Kony Ealy from panthers,pats & now a Jet. Also read you did not even watch the game?Go back and watch 1st quarter with Naz & Ogbah making a Opie sandwich out of Andy. 3 years is a good plan on rookies..am out time for some live Lamar Jackson(bigger than I thought from TV games) Hollar later!!

    @gumby73 said:

    Clev,I just don't get your passion to hate on Ogbah but have a man crush doll on Karter Schultz. Took Kirksey longer to bloom into a NFL LB position when Ogbah may have been our best pick in rookie class last season. The DE position requires a special skill set on setting up your defender usually requiring a long armed swim moves.We will see some of the best DE's in the 3-4 business this weekend with Leonard Williams & M.Wilkerson. If we had a shot at another DE?(not in this FO plan)We actually had 2 chances to get Kony Ealy from panthers,pats & now a Jet. Also read you did not even watch the game?Go back and watch 1st quarter with Naz & Ogbah making a Opie sandwich out of Andy. 3 years is a good plan on rookies..am out time for some live Lamar Jackson(bigger than I thought from TV games) Hollar later!!

    Ogbah and nassib didnt improve their technique from last year, thats why i hate on them. They look like rookies. When u look at the talent at that position that we've passed up on, guys that paid immediate dividends..im not out of line expecting those guys to have made at least marginal improvements to their game.

    as for schult, he outplayed everyone rlse in preseason. He becer got 1st team reps so u couldnt compare him to ogbah. But from what ive seen of ogbah and nassib for 4 games i really dont think schult could have done worse. I just wanted the kid to get a chance, if he cant hack it bring someone else up and/or address the position in offseason again. 

    Its not a love for schult, its the notion that when guys play this bad they dont get rewarded with more playing time. I may not have watched the game but i made a thread asking how the pass rush looked and everyone that watched the game said it was completely nonexistent. Dalton was making sandwhiches in the pocket all day. So ur referencing one play....are u saying now that og and nas loomed great on snday? Can i get verification of that from anyone else?

  • Who gets hurt first? Garrett or McCown

  • Helicopter mccown

  • You guys are morons. Garrett is not going to make a difference. THe offense will be LESS with him in it. Ogbah is all hustle........Garrett is a Zumba instructor.

  • Who gets hurt first? Garrett or McCown

    @topdawg31 said:

    Who gets hurt first? Garrett or McCown

    Garrett is ALREADY hurt. 

  • STFU. Moran go cheer for a different team or go play your accordion in your closet.

  • STFU. Moran go cheer for a different team or go play your accordion in your closet.

    @lbc-mike said:

    STFU. Moran go cheer for a different team or go play your accordion in your closet.

    Who is Moran?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not to mention the length of McC's release both in terms of time and distance he reaches back. It's made for a blind-side strip sack.

    Kevin Beachum is listed as NYJ's starting LT... 6 yr vet... out of SMU... He's only 6'2? With 33.25" arms? Made up for lack of physical size with lack of speed and strength coming out of college.

    Myles should eat him alive...

    Myles may not have that dip and glide move yet, that requires alot of ankle. They might be telling him to lay off that move.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Myles may not have that dip and glide move yet, that requires alot of ankle. They might be telling him to lay off that move.

    @texasag1969 said:

    However I suspect Myles only comes in for 3rd and long for his first game back so they get an idea if he really is ready to return. Precautionary move I will hazard to guess.

    Agree in terms of ankle preservation, but with 2+" longer arms and a ton of quick over his opposite, my statement stands. However, even playing with an ankle at A&M, Myles went to his go-to, low rush. You can't fight nature...

    I'm sure that after 5 years in the NFL Beachum has to have improved over his draft appraisal in strength and tech, but he can't be taught quick.

    And you can't dampen my expectations... Myles should dominate this guy. I expect to see Myles snap one. He may be rotated more frequently than the original, pre-ankle plan due to game-shape issues, but I don't see him specializing. If we save him for "3rd & long", he might see 4 snaps.

  • In other news good and bad. Shelton back at practice but Collins still out for Sunday.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/danny_shelton_joins_myles_garr.html

    @texasag1969 said:

    In other news good and bad. Shelton back at practice but Collins still out for Sunday.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/danny_shelton_joins_myles_garr.html

    Collins continues to be the real concern... I can't recall a player being in protocol longer.

  • You guys are morons. Garrett is not going to make a difference. THe offense will be LESS with him in it. Ogbah is all hustle........Garrett is a Zumba instructor.

    @ghoolie said:

    You guys are morons. Garrett is not going to make a difference. THe offense will be LESS with him in it. Ogbah is all hustle........Garrett is a Zumba instructor.

    Garrett is playing offense this week? 

    What does "Will be LESS" mean? 

    What is Zumba? 

    What the hell are you talking about?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    In other news good and bad. Shelton back at practice but Collins still out for Sunday.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/danny_shelton_joins_myles_garr.html

    Collins continues to be the real concern... I can't recall a player being in protocol longer.

    @tour2ma said:

    Collins continues to be the real concern... I can't recall a player being in protocol longer.

    Ya that Davis for Pryor trade is really looking worse. Could have used some depth at linebacker...

  • Not too mention that Davis is playing good ball...

    Pryor? Out of the league still?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Are we wishing Trubisky ill now because ghoolie liked him? who cares? the kid is from Mentor wish him the best. I hope he has a great career. 

    No, I was the one that turned the key that got the Trubisky train rolling.  But, since he is not a Browns player....as they say in French:  Fous lui.

    (F him)

    @the-gipper said:

    No, I was the one that turned the key that got the Trubisky train rolling. 

    You were?

    • Hammertime and Atenears were discussing him in 2013....
    • War liked him and TC was on board posts before your first mention of him...
    • Your first mention of him was in a CBS top prospect list with no particular attention to him.
    • Domcooch founded "Camp Trubisky".

    http://thebrownsboard.com/search/?&q=Trubisky&page=45

  • @texasag1969 said:

    In other news good and bad. Shelton back at practice but Collins still out for Sunday.

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/danny_shelton_joins_myles_garr.html

    Collins continues to be the real concern... I can't recall a player being in protocol longer.

    @tour2ma said:

    Collins continues to be the real concern... I can't recall a player being in protocol longer.

    Well... being reported that Collins is out of protocol... it's MKC, but I'll take it.

    Mary Kay Cabot‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot

    #Browns Kenny Britt and Jamie Collins (concussion) are doubtful. It means Collins is out of the concussion protocol

    9:12 AM - 6 Oct 2017
  • @the-gipper said:

    No, I was the one that turned the key that got the Trubisky train rolling. 

    You were?

    • Hammertime and Atenears were discussing him in 2013....
    • War liked him and TC was on board posts before your first mention of him...
    • Your first mention of him was in a CBS top prospect list with no particular attention to him.
    • Domcooch founded "Camp Trubisky".

    http://thebrownsboard.com/search/?&q=Trubisky&page=45

    @tour2ma said:

    You were?

    • Hammertime and Atenears were discussing him in 2013....
    • War liked him and TC was on board posts before your first mention of him...
    • Your first mention of him was in a CBS top prospect list with no particular attention to him.
    • Domcooch founded "Camp Trubisky".

    http://thebrownsboard.com/search/?&q=Trubisky&page=45

    Did you really go to all that trouble to try to prove that I may have misspoken?  I bet you and your wife have a real hard time together. 😆

    If I try to correct mine on some matter in which I think she may have misspoken I get Sheet all night long. I mean, if I went to the trouble of doing research to prove her wrong I would probably be getting divorced.

    So, maybe I didn't turn the key.....but I did fuel the engine to keep the Train a Rollin'

  • You guys are morons. Garrett is not going to make a difference. THe offense will be LESS with him in it. Ogbah is all hustle........Garrett is a Zumba instructor.

    @ghoolie said:

    You guys are morons. Garrett is not going to make a difference. THe offense will be LESS with him in it. Ogbah is all hustle........Garrett is a Zumba instructor.

    Ogbah is all hustle?......ok now i know ur not watching the browns play. Ur just here hating on them

  • STFU. Moran go cheer for a different team or go play your accordion in your closet.

    @lbc-mike said:

    STFU. Moran go cheer for a different team or go play your accordion in your closet.

    When internet burns go horribly wrong😆

  • @tour2ma said:

    You were?

    • Hammertime and Atenears were discussing him in 2013....
    • War liked him and TC was on board posts before your first mention of him...
    • Your first mention of him was in a CBS top prospect list with no particular attention to him.
    • Domcooch founded "Camp Trubisky".

    http://thebrownsboard.com/search/?&q=Trubisky&page=45

    Did you really go to all that trouble to try to prove that I may have misspoken?  I bet you and your wife have a real hard time together. 😆

    If I try to correct mine on some matter in which I think she may have misspoken I get Sheet all night long. I mean, if I went to the trouble of doing research to prove her wrong I would probably be getting divorced.

    So, maybe I didn't turn the key.....but I did fuel the engine to keep the Train a Rollin'

    @the-gipper said:

    Did you really go to all that trouble to try to prove that I may have misspoken?  I bet you and your wife have a real hard time together. 😆

    If I try to correct mine on some matter in which I think she may have misspoken I get Sheet all night long. I mean, if I went to the trouble of doing research to prove her wrong I would probably be getting divorced.

    So, maybe I didn't turn the key.....but I did fuel the engine to keep the Train a Rollin

    lol... I give her pause on occasion, but always remind her "you can't cowpoop a bullshitter"...

    Keymaster? No... Head Cheerleader... pretty sure you are in running for that... or whatever it was they called the coal shoveler on a steam engine... Was it Coalman?

    Might turn out to be a Hellbound Train... great track off an pretty good LP.

  • I didn't really see a relevant thread, so I'll post this here. I'm officially making my first, and possibly ONLY, Cleveland Browns victory prediction. Myles Garrett back. Danny Shelton back. Jamie Collins recently removed from concussion protocol, and although he didn't practice this week, I'm almost certain he'll play. Those are 3 of our best players, and I don't believe Kenny Britt will play, which actually helps AND hurts us. Despite his drops, Kizer almost always targeted Britt, and I think that really hampered his field vision. With Britt out, Kizer will forced into scanning the field more, and possibly see the field better. And maybe, just maybe, we won't have drops on passes which result in freaking picks. 

    Joe Schobert is definitely someone who tries, but his coverage skills are severely lacking, and that's to be expected for a rookie playing a new position. I think I heard teams are 14-16 when targeting him for around 200 yards and 2 tds. That's....not good. Jamie Collins is MUCH better in pass coverage and gives us a legitimate playmaker, something we desperately need. Josh McCown has been otherworldly accurate so far, and he's done pretty well getting the ball out quickly. Jamie might be able to trick the veteran into throwing a risky pass and I could see us getting our 1st defensive TD of the season.  

    Also, Hue Jackson indicated Myles Garrett will be on a pitch count, but I'm not so sure. Garrett won't play the ENTIRE game but he will be in there more than just 3rd and long. Garrett is a rookie and people really should have a realistic expectation of his performance, but that being said, Garrett WILL affect the game. He'll affect the Jets' game plan for blocking, for running, for timing and there will be a trickle down effect. Ogbah might get some better looks if Garrett is doubled or chipped. Shelton or Ogunjobi might receive less attention, or we might even see Brantley knife through again. Don't expect Garrett to come in and have 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a pick 6, but DO expect him to severely influence the game. 

    Yes, I'm calling for a Browns victory. I don't believe the Jets are good enough to win 3 games in a row, nor do I think they're good on the road. They got their butt blown apart in road games, and they played like a different team at home. We're actually going to WIN a dang coin toss, our defense is going to force a relatively quick punt, and we're going to get points on our 1st possession, even if it's just a FG. Gregg Williams will adjust and dial down the blitzes, and we'll make McCown fit the rock into tight windows all the way down the field. McCown will score some points, but for once our defense will force FG's, and that will be the difference in the game. Browns win 20-16 in an ugly game, nonetheless satisfying. Kizer is a pedestrian 16-28 passing for 192 yards, and connects on 2 long passes. One a TD to Ricardo Louis, and the other long pass to Duke on a wheel route (but not a TD). We get a defensive TD, and add 2 FG's to give us 20. Jets only muster one TD and 3 FG's. 

    Drink it in folks, Jiggins likely won't make any further Browns victory predictions this season. We're about as healthy as we're going to be, and our playmakers show up today to give our home crowd a little bit of enjoyment for a change. Of course, I reserve the right to change this prediction if Jamie Collins doesn't play, which is definitely a possibility. I think he's THAT important. 

    Offensively, don't be surprised to see David Njoku playing a larger role, and I'm thinking Seth Devalve will be our leading receiver. In fact, I could see Njoku playing WR in some formations, as discussed on our radio show. Hue Jackson will have to get creative because our WRs are a total mess, and it wouldn't be a total surprise if our WRs had less than 5 catches on the afternoon. But...Ricardo will still break free down the sidelines and Kizer will find him with a strike for our lone offensive TD. The center point of our offense will be Duke Johnson in the 1st half, and then Crow will finally get rolling in the 2nd half. I think it's time for a good game, and I am pretty sure the Jets aren't good enough to win 3 in a row. 

    Garrett gets a sack and tipped pass, which leads to our defensive TD. Collins catches it and leaps into the Dawg Pound. Kizer doesn't turn it over and does enough for our team to secure a much needed victory at home. It's time guys.