Garrett Hurt Already
-
Not to mention the length of McC's release both in terms of time and distance he reaches back. It's made for a blind-side strip sack.
Kevin Beachum is listed as NYJ's starting LT... 6 yr vet... out of SMU... He's only 6'2? With 33.25" arms? Made up for lack of physical size with lack of speed and strength coming out of college.
Myles should eat him alive...
Myles may not have that dip and glide move yet, that requires alot of ankle. They might be telling him to lay off that move.
Myles may not have that dip and glide move yet, that requires alot of ankle. They might be telling him to lay off that move.
However I suspect Myles only comes in for 3rd and long for his first game back so they get an idea if he really is ready to return. Precautionary move I will hazard to guess.
Agree in terms of ankle preservation, but with 2+" longer arms and a ton of quick over his opposite, my statement stands. However, even playing with an ankle at A&M, Myles went to his go-to, low rush. You can't fight nature...
I'm sure that after 5 years in the NFL Beachum has to have improved over his draft appraisal in strength and tech, but he can't be taught quick.
And you can't dampen my expectations... Myles should dominate this guy. I expect to see Myles snap one. He may be rotated more frequently than the original, pre-ankle plan due to game-shape issues, but I don't see him specializing. If we save him for "3rd & long", he might see 4 snaps.
-
In other news good and bad. Shelton back at practice but Collins still out for Sunday.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/danny_shelton_joins_myles_garr.html
In other news good and bad. Shelton back at practice but Collins still out for Sunday.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/danny_shelton_joins_myles_garr.html
Collins continues to be the real concern... I can't recall a player being in protocol longer.
-
You guys are morons. Garrett is not going to make a difference. THe offense will be LESS with him in it. Ogbah is all hustle........Garrett is a Zumba instructor.
-
In other news good and bad. Shelton back at practice but Collins still out for Sunday.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/danny_shelton_joins_myles_garr.html
Collins continues to be the real concern... I can't recall a player being in protocol longer.
-
Are we wishing Trubisky ill now because ghoolie liked him? who cares? the kid is from Mentor wish him the best. I hope he has a great career.
No, I was the one that turned the key that got the Trubisky train rolling. But, since he is not a Browns player....as they say in French: Fous lui.
(F him)
No, I was the one that turned the key that got the Trubisky train rolling.
You were?
- Hammertime and Atenears were discussing him in 2013....
- War liked him and TC was on board posts before your first mention of him...
- Your first mention of him was in a CBS top prospect list with no particular attention to him.
- Domcooch founded "Camp Trubisky".
-
In other news good and bad. Shelton back at practice but Collins still out for Sunday.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/danny_shelton_joins_myles_garr.html
Collins continues to be the real concern... I can't recall a player being in protocol longer.
Collins continues to be the real concern... I can't recall a player being in protocol longer.
Well... being reported that Collins is out of protocol... it's MKC, but I'll take it.
Mary Kay CabotVerified account @MaryKayCabot
#Browns Kenny Britt and Jamie Collins (concussion) are doubtful. It means Collins is out of the concussion protocol9:12 AM - 6 Oct 2017 -
No, I was the one that turned the key that got the Trubisky train rolling.
You were?
- Hammertime and Atenears were discussing him in 2013....
- War liked him and TC was on board posts before your first mention of him...
- Your first mention of him was in a CBS top prospect list with no particular attention to him.
- Domcooch founded "Camp Trubisky".
You were?
- Hammertime and Atenears were discussing him in 2013....
- War liked him and TC was on board posts before your first mention of him...
- Your first mention of him was in a CBS top prospect list with no particular attention to him.
- Domcooch founded "Camp Trubisky".
Did you really go to all that trouble to try to prove that I may have misspoken? I bet you and your wife have a real hard time together.
If I try to correct mine on some matter in which I think she may have misspoken I get Sheet all night long. I mean, if I went to the trouble of doing research to prove her wrong I would probably be getting divorced.
So, maybe I didn't turn the key.....but I did fuel the engine to keep the Train a Rollin'
-
You guys are morons. Garrett is not going to make a difference. THe offense will be LESS with him in it. Ogbah is all hustle........Garrett is a Zumba instructor.
-
-
You were?
- Hammertime and Atenears were discussing him in 2013....
- War liked him and TC was on board posts before your first mention of him...
- Your first mention of him was in a CBS top prospect list with no particular attention to him.
- Domcooch founded "Camp Trubisky".
Did you really go to all that trouble to try to prove that I may have misspoken? I bet you and your wife have a real hard time together.
If I try to correct mine on some matter in which I think she may have misspoken I get Sheet all night long. I mean, if I went to the trouble of doing research to prove her wrong I would probably be getting divorced.
So, maybe I didn't turn the key.....but I did fuel the engine to keep the Train a Rollin'
Did you really go to all that trouble to try to prove that I may have misspoken? I bet you and your wife have a real hard time together.
If I try to correct mine on some matter in which I think she may have misspoken I get Sheet all night long. I mean, if I went to the trouble of doing research to prove her wrong I would probably be getting divorced.
So, maybe I didn't turn the key.....but I did fuel the engine to keep the Train a Rollin
lol... I give her pause on occasion, but always remind her "you can't cowpoop a bullshitter"...
Keymaster? No... Head Cheerleader... pretty sure you are in running for that... or whatever it was they called the coal shoveler on a steam engine... Was it Coalman?
Might turn out to be a Hellbound Train... great track off an pretty good LP.
-
I didn't really see a relevant thread, so I'll post this here. I'm officially making my first, and possibly ONLY, Cleveland Browns victory prediction. Myles Garrett back. Danny Shelton back. Jamie Collins recently removed from concussion protocol, and although he didn't practice this week, I'm almost certain he'll play. Those are 3 of our best players, and I don't believe Kenny Britt will play, which actually helps AND hurts us. Despite his drops, Kizer almost always targeted Britt, and I think that really hampered his field vision. With Britt out, Kizer will forced into scanning the field more, and possibly see the field better. And maybe, just maybe, we won't have drops on passes which result in freaking picks.
Joe Schobert is definitely someone who tries, but his coverage skills are severely lacking, and that's to be expected for a rookie playing a new position. I think I heard teams are 14-16 when targeting him for around 200 yards and 2 tds. That's....not good. Jamie Collins is MUCH better in pass coverage and gives us a legitimate playmaker, something we desperately need. Josh McCown has been otherworldly accurate so far, and he's done pretty well getting the ball out quickly. Jamie might be able to trick the veteran into throwing a risky pass and I could see us getting our 1st defensive TD of the season.
Also, Hue Jackson indicated Myles Garrett will be on a pitch count, but I'm not so sure. Garrett won't play the ENTIRE game but he will be in there more than just 3rd and long. Garrett is a rookie and people really should have a realistic expectation of his performance, but that being said, Garrett WILL affect the game. He'll affect the Jets' game plan for blocking, for running, for timing and there will be a trickle down effect. Ogbah might get some better looks if Garrett is doubled or chipped. Shelton or Ogunjobi might receive less attention, or we might even see Brantley knife through again. Don't expect Garrett to come in and have 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a pick 6, but DO expect him to severely influence the game.
Yes, I'm calling for a Browns victory. I don't believe the Jets are good enough to win 3 games in a row, nor do I think they're good on the road. They got their butt blown apart in road games, and they played like a different team at home. We're actually going to WIN a dang coin toss, our defense is going to force a relatively quick punt, and we're going to get points on our 1st possession, even if it's just a FG. Gregg Williams will adjust and dial down the blitzes, and we'll make McCown fit the rock into tight windows all the way down the field. McCown will score some points, but for once our defense will force FG's, and that will be the difference in the game. Browns win 20-16 in an ugly game, nonetheless satisfying. Kizer is a pedestrian 16-28 passing for 192 yards, and connects on 2 long passes. One a TD to Ricardo Louis, and the other long pass to Duke on a wheel route (but not a TD). We get a defensive TD, and add 2 FG's to give us 20. Jets only muster one TD and 3 FG's.
Drink it in folks, Jiggins likely won't make any further Browns victory predictions this season. We're about as healthy as we're going to be, and our playmakers show up today to give our home crowd a little bit of enjoyment for a change. Of course, I reserve the right to change this prediction if Jamie Collins doesn't play, which is definitely a possibility. I think he's THAT important.
Offensively, don't be surprised to see David Njoku playing a larger role, and I'm thinking Seth Devalve will be our leading receiver. In fact, I could see Njoku playing WR in some formations, as discussed on our radio show. Hue Jackson will have to get creative because our WRs are a total mess, and it wouldn't be a total surprise if our WRs had less than 5 catches on the afternoon. But...Ricardo will still break free down the sidelines and Kizer will find him with a strike for our lone offensive TD. The center point of our offense will be Duke Johnson in the 1st half, and then Crow will finally get rolling in the 2nd half. I think it's time for a good game, and I am pretty sure the Jets aren't good enough to win 3 in a row.
Garrett gets a sack and tipped pass, which leads to our defensive TD. Collins catches it and leaps into the Dawg Pound. Kizer doesn't turn it over and does enough for our team to secure a much needed victory at home. It's time guys.
-
We know McCown is capable of holding the ball too long and often does not take care of it. I expect us as a team to take it away from him at least a couple of times. And I would not be surprised if Garrett gets his first strip sack in his 1st pro game IF they give him at least 30 plays on the "pitch count". One of those he will get away on a McCown no throw and separate the ball.
-
Did you really go to all that trouble to try to prove that I may have misspoken? I bet you and your wife have a real hard time together.
If I try to correct mine on some matter in which I think she may have misspoken I get Sheet all night long. I mean, if I went to the trouble of doing research to prove her wrong I would probably be getting divorced.
So, maybe I didn't turn the key.....but I did fuel the engine to keep the Train a Rollin
lol... I give her pause on occasion, but always remind her "you can't cowpoop a bullshitter"...
Keymaster? No... Head Cheerleader... pretty sure you are in running for that... or whatever it was they called the coal shoveler on a steam engine... Was it Coalman?
Might turn out to be a Hellbound Train... great track off an pretty good LP.
lol... I give her pause on occasion, but always remind her "you can't cowpoop a bullshitter"...
Keymaster? No... Head Cheerleader... pretty sure you are in running for that... or whatever it was they called the coal shoveler on a steam engine... Was it Coalman?
Might turn out to be a Hellbound Train... great track off an pretty good LP.
A Savoy Brown sighting. Cool.
Another song of theirs had a pretty good philosophy:
I'm tired of trying to be something I know ain't me
I'm tired of living up to what people expect me to be
You know some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't be a real drag if we were all the sameAnd I'm not going to try to please
Eyes that just don't see -
The guy that shoveled the coal was called either a fireman or a stoker.
The guy that shoveled the sh-it is called Dr. Ghools.

-
Obviously I want to see what Myles can do, but I'm also interested in seeing what effect he has on the game for other people as well. I'm pretty sure we'll see a few plays where Garrett just BLOWS past somebody and it makes you go, "Wow!". People need to understand that we not only stink at getting to the QB for sacks, we don't even get any QB HITS! Go look at the QB's jerseys at the end of the games, and they look perfectly clean. They look like they haven't been touched, and that's basically because they haven't been. It's really sad. Think about how many times we've watched Kizer get absolutely CRUNCHED. Now go back and think of the times when we've done that to the opposition's QB. It never happens.
-
Pretty good article on Myles having an excellent week in practice this week. Seems the team believes he's back to his pre-injury self and ready for him to play.
'
-
I didn't really see a relevant thread, so I'll post this here. I'm officially making my first, and possibly ONLY, Cleveland Browns victory prediction. Myles Garrett back. Danny Shelton back. Jamie Collins recently removed from concussion protocol, and although he didn't practice this week, I'm almost certain he'll play. Those are 3 of our best players, and I don't believe Kenny Britt will play, which actually helps AND hurts us. Despite his drops, Kizer almost always targeted Britt, and I think that really hampered his field vision. With Britt out, Kizer will forced into scanning the field more, and possibly see the field better. And maybe, just maybe, we won't have drops on passes which result in freaking picks.
Joe Schobert is definitely someone who tries, but his coverage skills are severely lacking, and that's to be expected for a rookie playing a new position. I think I heard teams are 14-16 when targeting him for around 200 yards and 2 tds. That's....not good. Jamie Collins is MUCH better in pass coverage and gives us a legitimate playmaker, something we desperately need. Josh McCown has been otherworldly accurate so far, and he's done pretty well getting the ball out quickly. Jamie might be able to trick the veteran into throwing a risky pass and I could see us getting our 1st defensive TD of the season.
Also, Hue Jackson indicated Myles Garrett will be on a pitch count, but I'm not so sure. Garrett won't play the ENTIRE game but he will be in there more than just 3rd and long. Garrett is a rookie and people really should have a realistic expectation of his performance, but that being said, Garrett WILL affect the game. He'll affect the Jets' game plan for blocking, for running, for timing and there will be a trickle down effect. Ogbah might get some better looks if Garrett is doubled or chipped. Shelton or Ogunjobi might receive less attention, or we might even see Brantley knife through again. Don't expect Garrett to come in and have 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a pick 6, but DO expect him to severely influence the game.
Yes, I'm calling for a Browns victory. I don't believe the Jets are good enough to win 3 games in a row, nor do I think they're good on the road. They got their butt blown apart in road games, and they played like a different team at home. We're actually going to WIN a dang coin toss, our defense is going to force a relatively quick punt, and we're going to get points on our 1st possession, even if it's just a FG. Gregg Williams will adjust and dial down the blitzes, and we'll make McCown fit the rock into tight windows all the way down the field. McCown will score some points, but for once our defense will force FG's, and that will be the difference in the game. Browns win 20-16 in an ugly game, nonetheless satisfying. Kizer is a pedestrian 16-28 passing for 192 yards, and connects on 2 long passes. One a TD to Ricardo Louis, and the other long pass to Duke on a wheel route (but not a TD). We get a defensive TD, and add 2 FG's to give us 20. Jets only muster one TD and 3 FG's.
Drink it in folks, Jiggins likely won't make any further Browns victory predictions this season. We're about as healthy as we're going to be, and our playmakers show up today to give our home crowd a little bit of enjoyment for a change. Of course, I reserve the right to change this prediction if Jamie Collins doesn't play, which is definitely a possibility. I think he's THAT important.
Offensively, don't be surprised to see David Njoku playing a larger role, and I'm thinking Seth Devalve will be our leading receiver. In fact, I could see Njoku playing WR in some formations, as discussed on our radio show. Hue Jackson will have to get creative because our WRs are a total mess, and it wouldn't be a total surprise if our WRs had less than 5 catches on the afternoon. But...Ricardo will still break free down the sidelines and Kizer will find him with a strike for our lone offensive TD. The center point of our offense will be Duke Johnson in the 1st half, and then Crow will finally get rolling in the 2nd half. I think it's time for a good game, and I am pretty sure the Jets aren't good enough to win 3 in a row.
Garrett gets a sack and tipped pass, which leads to our defensive TD. Collins catches it and leaps into the Dawg Pound. Kizer doesn't turn it over and does enough for our team to secure a much needed victory at home. It's time guys.
I'm officially making my first, and possibly ONLY, Cleveland Browns victory prediction. Myles Garrett back. Danny Shelton back. Jamie Collins recently removed from concussion protocol, and although he didn't practice this week, I'm almost certain he'll play.
Welcome to the club... but I fear it will have to come minus Collins. "DNP" across the board does not equal "starts" in my mind. Hope I'm wrong...
A Savoy Brown sighting. Cool.
Music was a big part of my college education. Lotta great roommates with diverse tastes. Even a few girlfriend contributions... theirs and mine.
The guy that shoveled the coal was called either a fireman or a stoker.
Thanks for the pickup... "Fireman" crossed my mind, but seemed wrong. Also "tinder" crossed my mind, but if memory serves, and it sometimes still does, the fuel car behind the stema locomotive was the "tinder car".
Why am I almost sure he will be helped off the field sometime tomorrow... ?
Could be your premonition is confusing him being carried off on shoulders with assisting an injured Myles...
-
I didn't really see a relevant thread, so I'll post this here. I'm officially making my first, and possibly ONLY, Cleveland Browns victory prediction. Myles Garrett back. Danny Shelton back. Jamie Collins recently removed from concussion protocol, and although he didn't practice this week, I'm almost certain he'll play. Those are 3 of our best players, and I don't believe Kenny Britt will play, which actually helps AND hurts us. Despite his drops, Kizer almost always targeted Britt, and I think that really hampered his field vision. With Britt out, Kizer will forced into scanning the field more, and possibly see the field better. And maybe, just maybe, we won't have drops on passes which result in freaking picks.
Joe Schobert is definitely someone who tries, but his coverage skills are severely lacking, and that's to be expected for a rookie playing a new position. I think I heard teams are 14-16 when targeting him for around 200 yards and 2 tds. That's....not good. Jamie Collins is MUCH better in pass coverage and gives us a legitimate playmaker, something we desperately need. Josh McCown has been otherworldly accurate so far, and he's done pretty well getting the ball out quickly. Jamie might be able to trick the veteran into throwing a risky pass and I could see us getting our 1st defensive TD of the season.
Also, Hue Jackson indicated Myles Garrett will be on a pitch count, but I'm not so sure. Garrett won't play the ENTIRE game but he will be in there more than just 3rd and long. Garrett is a rookie and people really should have a realistic expectation of his performance, but that being said, Garrett WILL affect the game. He'll affect the Jets' game plan for blocking, for running, for timing and there will be a trickle down effect. Ogbah might get some better looks if Garrett is doubled or chipped. Shelton or Ogunjobi might receive less attention, or we might even see Brantley knife through again. Don't expect Garrett to come in and have 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a pick 6, but DO expect him to severely influence the game.
Yes, I'm calling for a Browns victory. I don't believe the Jets are good enough to win 3 games in a row, nor do I think they're good on the road. They got their butt blown apart in road games, and they played like a different team at home. We're actually going to WIN a dang coin toss, our defense is going to force a relatively quick punt, and we're going to get points on our 1st possession, even if it's just a FG. Gregg Williams will adjust and dial down the blitzes, and we'll make McCown fit the rock into tight windows all the way down the field. McCown will score some points, but for once our defense will force FG's, and that will be the difference in the game. Browns win 20-16 in an ugly game, nonetheless satisfying. Kizer is a pedestrian 16-28 passing for 192 yards, and connects on 2 long passes. One a TD to Ricardo Louis, and the other long pass to Duke on a wheel route (but not a TD). We get a defensive TD, and add 2 FG's to give us 20. Jets only muster one TD and 3 FG's.
Drink it in folks, Jiggins likely won't make any further Browns victory predictions this season. We're about as healthy as we're going to be, and our playmakers show up today to give our home crowd a little bit of enjoyment for a change. Of course, I reserve the right to change this prediction if Jamie Collins doesn't play, which is definitely a possibility. I think he's THAT important.
Offensively, don't be surprised to see David Njoku playing a larger role, and I'm thinking Seth Devalve will be our leading receiver. In fact, I could see Njoku playing WR in some formations, as discussed on our radio show. Hue Jackson will have to get creative because our WRs are a total mess, and it wouldn't be a total surprise if our WRs had less than 5 catches on the afternoon. But...Ricardo will still break free down the sidelines and Kizer will find him with a strike for our lone offensive TD. The center point of our offense will be Duke Johnson in the 1st half, and then Crow will finally get rolling in the 2nd half. I think it's time for a good game, and I am pretty sure the Jets aren't good enough to win 3 in a row.
Garrett gets a sack and tipped pass, which leads to our defensive TD. Collins catches it and leaps into the Dawg Pound. Kizer doesn't turn it over and does enough for our team to secure a much needed victory at home. It's time guys.
I didn't really see a relevant thread, so I'll post this here.
Joe Schobert is definitely someone who tries, but his coverage skills are severely lacking, and that's to be expected for a rookie playing a new position. I think I heard teams are 14-16 when targeting him for around 200 yards and 2 tds. That's....not good.
In fairness to Schobert, how many other MLBs in this league have their Safeties 25-30 yards off the line of scrimmage? That's a REAL deep/ambiguous zone transition (behind him) he's getting all the credit for failure in; especially when you consider MLBs already have to worry about both inside hook zones. Of course offenses are going to bulls eye that in their plans. Why wouldn't they? If Gregg Williams continues to line our Safeties up that deep - my guess is he has more confidence in his MLB than his corners.
Back when Jauron was here using the 4-3, I thought D'Qwell Jackson had his best season against the run as our MLB in terms of making the majority of his tackles right up against the point of attack (at the line of scrimmage) as opposed to downfield in pursuit that I grew accustomed to. On the other hand, he got picked on in zone coverage because he took on both inside hooks zones. At least he had Safety help behind him. If pass coverage was easy for MLBs, an instinctive guy like Spielman wouldn't have had to start coming off the field on 3rd downs (even with Safeties lining up in the same area code). It's a big reason a lot of teams like to use 4 LBers instead of 3 so the coverage zones are smaller and easier to patrol.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login