Skip to content

Garrett Hurt Already

The Browns Board
640 58 23.6k 1
  • He's not making the trip to London.

  • So Garrett told the coach yesterday he didn't feel good and thought he must have a concussion or something. When was the last time a player went to the coach midweek wanted some time off and said he thought he might have a concussion...

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So Garrett told the coach yesterday he didn't feel good and thought he must have a concussion or something. When was the last time a player went to the coach midweek wanted some time off and said he thought he might have a concussion...

    WSS

    probably wants to ride his rookie contract out and get traded at the worst case scenario

    is excited to be a brown and not 100% at the best case scenario

  • So the China doll hurt his ankle again today in practice, going unnoticed with the bigger news today.

  • @westside-steve said:

    So Garrett told the coach yesterday he didn't feel good and thought he must have a concussion or something. When was the last time a player went to the coach midweek wanted some time off and said he thought he might have a concussion...

    WSS

    probably wants to ride his rookie contract out and get traded at the worst case scenario

    is excited to be a brown and not 100% at the best case scenario

    @stillmotion said:

    probably wants to ride his rookie contract out and get traded at the worst case scenario

    is excited to be a brown and not 100% at the best case scenario

    Could be but doesn't it seem like at this point in a winless season lots of players figure might as well take the last few games off? His position is secure unlike some of the bubble guy.

    WSS

  • he just reagravated what happened to him last sunday against the chargers. If you can find the play you'll see what Okung did to him. I can't believe it wasn't called. Garretss ankle hasn't been 100% all year, so Okung draping himself over his back while also blatantly holding him...did that ankle no favors. I'd say shut him down but what are we down to now? Nassib and orchard.....dear fukking god this is depressing. I might take the next couple weeks till the end of the season to just savage Nassib and Orchard for you guys and just put their sht poor technique on complete blast. Just detail every painful fail. Fuk I hate this so much. Where's our depth now? Did Schult land anywhere? Like fukking get him back here now. 

  • he just reagravated what happened to him last sunday against the chargers. If you can find the play you'll see what Okung did to him. I can't believe it wasn't called. Garretss ankle hasn't been 100% all year, so Okung draping himself over his back while also blatantly holding him...did that ankle no favors. I'd say shut him down but what are we down to now? Nassib and orchard.....dear fukking god this is depressing. I might take the next couple weeks till the end of the season to just savage Nassib and Orchard for you guys and just put their sht poor technique on complete blast. Just detail every painful fail. Fuk I hate this so much. Where's our depth now? Did Schult land anywhere? Like fukking get him back here now. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    he just reagravated what happened to him last sunday against the chargers. If you can find the play you'll see what Okung did to him. I can't believe it wasn't called. Garretss ankle hasn't been 100% all year, so Okung draping himself over his back while also blatantly holding him...did that ankle no favors. I'd say shut him down but what are we down to now? Nassib and orchard.....dear fukking god this is depressing. I might take the next couple weeks till the end of the season to just savage Nassib and Orchard for you guys and just put their sht poor technique on complete blast. Just detail every painful fail. Fuk I hate this so much. Where's our depth now? Did Schult land anywhere? Like fukking get him back here now. 

    Okung got  called for holding on that play

  • Also its not the same ankle he injured earlier this year and he played all game on it, so it must not be super serious. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    he just reagravated what happened to him last sunday against the chargers. If you can find the play you'll see what Okung did to him. I can't believe it wasn't called. Garretss ankle hasn't been 100% all year, so Okung draping himself over his back while also blatantly holding him...did that ankle no favors. I'd say shut him down but what are we down to now? Nassib and orchard.....dear fukking god this is depressing. I might take the next couple weeks till the end of the season to just savage Nassib and Orchard for you guys and just put their sht poor technique on complete blast. Just detail every painful fail. Fuk I hate this so much. Where's our depth now? Did Schult land anywhere? Like fukking get him back here now. 

    Okung got  called for holding on that play

    @richiswhere said:

    Okung got  called for holding on that play

    Oh he did? Ok, i misremembered then. I was so mad when it happened i guess i missed it. I knew right away what happened. Garrett ghisted underneath okungs outside shoulder and would have had a clear run at rivers. I dont mibd the hold but the draping urself over a guy....they prob told okung to try sht like that during the week. Try to get garretts ankles loaded up as he goes around the edge. Nothing illegal but fuk thats chicken sht bush league. Okungs sypposed to be one of the best pass protecting LT's in the league. If u get beat fibe, hold him....but something seemed deliberate to me.

  • The hold by Okung was garbage and very easily could have injured Garrett severely because his foot got trapped underneath him and looked BAD. Garrett is a super tough mother, but that looked PAINFUL because you knew that ankle was already hurting. Penalties are part of the game, but it was equally frustrating because Garrett really could've used that sack, and it's possible he could have stripped the ball. 

    I'd really like to see Garrett have a 2 sack game Sunday. He's got 5 right now and multiple other pressures, and he's also been quite effective against the run. I'm very happy with him. Still, I'd like to see him get rewarded with some official sacks, and definitely a strip-sack. A game-changing play...that's what we need from our #1 pick. It's going to be difficult with Ogbah out and Nassib being such a drop off, but it can be done. 

  • Wheres karter fukking schult? I mean im not expecting much but why do we have people in camp/preseason if not for calling them up when depth is needed?

  • The hold by Okung was garbage and very easily could have injured Garrett severely because his foot got trapped underneath him and looked BAD. Garrett is a super tough mother, but that looked PAINFUL because you knew that ankle was already hurting. Penalties are part of the game, but it was equally frustrating because Garrett really could've used that sack, and it's possible he could have stripped the ball. 

    I'd really like to see Garrett have a 2 sack game Sunday. He's got 5 right now and multiple other pressures, and he's also been quite effective against the run. I'm very happy with him. Still, I'd like to see him get rewarded with some official sacks, and definitely a strip-sack. A game-changing play...that's what we need from our #1 pick. It's going to be difficult with Ogbah out and Nassib being such a drop off, but it can be done. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The hold by Okung was garbage and very easily could have injured Garrett severely because his foot got trapped underneath him and looked BAD. Garrett is a super tough mother, but that looked PAINFUL because you knew that ankle was already hurting. Penalties are part of the game, but it was equally frustrating because Garrett really could've used that sack, and it's possible he could have stripped the ball. 

    I'd really like to see Garrett have a 2 sack game Sunday. He's got 5 right now and multiple other pressures, and he's also been quite effective against the run. I'm very happy with him. Still, I'd like to see him get rewarded with some official sacks, and definitely a strip-sack. A game-changing play...that's what we need from our #1 pick. It's going to be difficult with Ogbah out and Nassib being such a drop off, but it can be done. 

    That was a cheap shot,  and robbed him of a sure sack. Saved their qb from a big hit,  definitely 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    The hold by Okung was garbage and very easily could have injured Garrett severely because his foot got trapped underneath him and looked BAD. Garrett is a super tough mother, but that looked PAINFUL because you knew that ankle was already hurting. Penalties are part of the game, but it was equally frustrating because Garrett really could've used that sack, and it's possible he could have stripped the ball. 

    I'd really like to see Garrett have a 2 sack game Sunday. He's got 5 right now and multiple other pressures, and he's also been quite effective against the run. I'm very happy with him. Still, I'd like to see him get rewarded with some official sacks, and definitely a strip-sack. A game-changing play...that's what we need from our #1 pick. It's going to be difficult with Ogbah out and Nassib being such a drop off, but it can be done. 

    That was a cheap shot,  and robbed him of a sure sack. Saved their qb from a big hit,  definitely 

    @sd_tom said:

    That was a cheap shot,  and robbed him of a sure sack. Saved their qb from a big hit,  definitely 

    That move garrett used to get around okung, no skill. Zero. Garretts a bum, worst pass rusher the browns ever drafted/signed in the history of the franchise #causeghooliesaidso

  • The accumulating ankle sprain history has to be concerning. Myles has to recognize that his "go to" move, the deep outside dip, is getting him hurt. It's simply not winning cleanly the way it did in college.

    He has to develop other techniques.

  • Study Bosa. He's got moves upon moves 

  • Which one? 😉

    Where are plenty of examples out there...

  • The accumulating ankle sprain history has to be concerning. Myles has to recognize that his "go to" move, the deep outside dip, is getting him hurt. It's simply not winning cleanly the way it did in college.

    He has to develop other techniques.

    @tour2ma said:

    The accumulating ankle sprain history has to be concerning. Myles has to recognize that his "go to" move, the deep outside dip, is getting him hurt. It's simply not winning cleanly the way it did in college.

    He has to develop other techniques.

    Well said!   I think we're looking at next year for some of his get-off to return closer to normal than him playing through an injury he keeps re-aggravating. 

    IMO, he'll get much better recuperation this off-season ahead than he had throughout this past off-season (that consisted of training to be the 1st overall pick) and then acing the workouts to impress.  Part of the reason he didn't want to do his pro day workout was because the high ankle sprain he played through in 2016 was never really given much time to heal.  However, he was convinced to do the pro day workout so the rest and recuperation would have to wait. 

    Just our luck, Ogbah was starting to play some great DE when he hurt his foot.  I think PFF had him as the #1 ranked DE against the run while he was getting some good heat on QBs.  It would be nice to get these 2 guys back at full strength next year.

  • He still has to improve technically and reading the plays, as you would expect from a rookie, I guess. 

    I still remember how the LT of the Lions made him go in such big outside arcs that Stafford could easily scramble by the B gap. It was desesperating as it happened way too many times in that game.

  • He still has to improve technically and reading the plays, as you would expect from a rookie, I guess. 

    I still remember how the LT of the Lions made him go in such big outside arcs that Stafford could easily scramble by the B gap. It was desesperating as it happened way too many times in that game.

    @nero said:

    He still has to improve technically and reading the plays, as you would expect from a rookie, I guess. 

    I still remember how the LT of the Lions made him go in such big outside arcs that Stafford could easily scramble by the B gap. It was desesperating as it happened way too many times in that game.

    Lewan got him pretty good. But I remember thinking that he wasn't even trying to cut the edge down so it was almost like Williams that game wanted Stafford to step up in the pocket..unfortunately there was no pressure up the middle. Cause I've seen Garrett power edge and he's actually pretty decent, not sure why he didn't do that with Lewan cause in the run game at least he held the edge against him. I've noticed too with our other DE"s that some games they just constantly go out wide and it drives me batty. 

  • Amazing, isn't it? I call him fragile, one dimensional and injury prone when he was drafted. As I said, drafting him was as big of a mistake as drafting Mike Phipps. There never was any upside to Myles Garrett.... NEVER................

    He is................A ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR........................ he was never anything more than a ZUMBA instructor. He played mostly against smaller, weaker fatass OL in college, I have said this over and over, he is NOT physical.......... he is NOT a monster of the midway, and he sure as fukc is not Bosa. The guy is pushed around easily and offers absolutely no help against the run. His sacks, are uneventful, drag downs when the QB takes too long to release the ball.

    I called him Courtney Brown #2 and at best, on his very best day, that's what he is.

    Drafting this caulk sucker after he begged Jerry Jones to save him from Cleveland was enough for me. But hey, YOU GUYS know better. You always know better. Always, you are smarter and you believe that somehow, magically the red flags that show a guy to be schidt, will disappear when he comes to Cleveland.

    I was sick to my stomach when we drafted this piece of schidt, and NOW, your stomachs are turning.

    To the guy that said Garrett has to realize his move is getting him injured? Dude, I mean this with respect, but what the fukc do you think he is going to do? Just all of a sudden reprogram his whole life to be a different kind of player than he has been by birth? A leopard can't change his spots. Kizer can't just say to himself........Jeez, I suck because I am not accurate,  tomorrow I am just going to start being accurate.

    Dude,  Garrett is what he is. One ankle injury? No biggie? 2? Same ankle? 3? Are you people so enfatuated with hero worship that you don't give a schidt about the Browns? THis guy was a GLARING mistake from draft day

    Hoorta said to me............ "Well I guess you know more than all the experts, inlcuding the Doctors at UH who said he is fine.............YEAH Hoorta............ I DO know more, than all of them. Garrett is worthless.

    Bahktiari will annihilate him tomorrow.