Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Off Topic for Fun

Off Topic for Fun

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
5 Posts 3 Posters 709 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
    • 6k Posts
    • 221 Reputation
    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
    #1

    I just posted this in the other room. But didn't know who goes in there. I just remember this when I was telling everyone where I am from.

    Crazy story. I used to live in Denver and worked with this guy named Ken. After a year of sitting next to this guy and working with him, I found out he was from Cleveland. Upon getting more detail I found he was from Lakewood (my high school). He moved to Denver when he was 12.

    And no shit I found out the street and house he lived in, HE GREW UP IN THE SAME HOUSE MY DAD DID 40 YEARS LATER on Fry Ave in Lakewood. I MET THE DUDE IN DENVER!

    Anyone else ever have something crazy like this happen?

    Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
      • 64k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Walking up the hundreds? of steps at Diamond Head in Hawaii on a two week vacation, we were halfway up, and

      my wonderful cute Wife was wearing a t-shirt from the hs where she teaches.

      And, another teacher was coming down, wearing a t-shirt from the school where he teaches.

      Just the names of the schools were on the shirts.

      They are a huge rivalry. It was fun to hesitate and make jokes and talk for a couple of minutes.

      Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 9k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
        #3

        That is a strange but true story.

        Here is mine...strike me dead if it isn't true.

        I like to take photographs and one Saturday maybe 15 years ago I was driving around Chatsworth, Georgia one fall afternoon...real pretty in that area.

        I spotted a old graveyard set back in a pretty hollow...as I drove up I noticed a family plot with my last name. I initially decided not to take any shots in there and started to drive away, but as I got a few hundred yards down the road i decided to go back and see the grave plot as my last name isn't all that common.

        No kidding here...as I was walking up the hill where I could see the 1st plot, directly behind it was a plot with the name Russell, which is my middle name, but I use it as I am a Jr.....so imagine seeing your 1st name and last name perfectly aligned on toumbstones as you are walking up to view this grave!

        THEN...when I got to the plot I wanted to see...I was stunned...the name on the grave was Nancy L with a birthday of 10-17.....that was my mothers name and birthday.

        Gives me the goosebumps as I type this.

        My mother had been dead by that point....I am convinced she somehow guided me to that graveyard that day.

        (I was extra careful driving home though)

        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
        Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • ballpeenB ballpeen

          That is a strange but true story.

          Here is mine...strike me dead if it isn't true.

          I like to take photographs and one Saturday maybe 15 years ago I was driving around Chatsworth, Georgia one fall afternoon...real pretty in that area.

          I spotted a old graveyard set back in a pretty hollow...as I drove up I noticed a family plot with my last name. I initially decided not to take any shots in there and started to drive away, but as I got a few hundred yards down the road i decided to go back and see the grave plot as my last name isn't all that common.

          No kidding here...as I was walking up the hill where I could see the 1st plot, directly behind it was a plot with the name Russell, which is my middle name, but I use it as I am a Jr.....so imagine seeing your 1st name and last name perfectly aligned on toumbstones as you are walking up to view this grave!

          THEN...when I got to the plot I wanted to see...I was stunned...the name on the grave was Nancy L with a birthday of 10-17.....that was my mothers name and birthday.

          Gives me the goosebumps as I type this.

          My mother had been dead by that point....I am convinced she somehow guided me to that graveyard that day.

          (I was extra careful driving home though)

          Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
          • 6k Posts
          • 221 Reputation
          Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @ballpeen said:

          That is a strange but true story.

          Here is mine...strike me dead if it isn't true.

          I like to take photographs and one Saturday maybe 15 years ago I was driving around Chatsworth, Georgia one fall afternoon...real pretty in that area.

          I spotted a old graveyard set back in a pretty hollow...as I drove up I noticed a family plot with my last name. I initially decided not to take any shots in there and started to drive away, but as I got a few hundred yards down the road i decided to go back and see the grave plot as my last name isn't all that common.

          No kidding here...as I was walking up the hill where I could see the 1st plot, directly behind it was a plot with the name Russell, which is my middle name, but I use it as I am a Jr.....so imagine seeing your 1st name and last name perfectly aligned on toumbstones as you are walking up to view this grave!

          THEN...when I got to the plot I wanted to see...I was stunned...the name on the grave was Nancy L with a birthday of 10-17.....that was my mothers name and birthday.

          Gives me the goosebumps as I type this.

          My mother had been dead by that point....I am convinced she somehow guided me to that graveyard that day.

          (I was extra careful driving home though)

          WOW. I swear I got goose bumps. It had to be your mom, what are the chances that day, that time, that graveyard when you were driving past. Come on.....

          Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • C calfoxwc

            Walking up the hundreds? of steps at Diamond Head in Hawaii on a two week vacation, we were halfway up, and

            my wonderful cute Wife was wearing a t-shirt from the hs where she teaches.

            And, another teacher was coming down, wearing a t-shirt from the school where he teaches.

            Just the names of the schools were on the shirts.

            They are a huge rivalry. It was fun to hesitate and make jokes and talk for a couple of minutes.

            Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
            • 6k Posts
            • 221 Reputation
            Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @calfoxwc said:

            Walking up the hundreds? of steps at Diamond Head in Hawaii on a two week vacation, we were halfway up, and

            my wonderful cute Wife was wearing a t-shirt from the hs where she teaches.

            And, another teacher was coming down, wearing a t-shirt from the school where he teaches.

            Just the names of the schools were on the shirts.

            They are a huge rivalry. It was fun to hesitate and make jokes and talk for a couple of minutes.

            That is more serendipitous then freaky. Good none the less.

            Made that walk up Diamond Head also, beautiful but hard as shit.

            Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate