Repair all damage in Texas? Florida? Why?
-
QUESTION: Should the US Government or others be in the business of rebuilding perennial flood plain, sand dune, barrier island and coastal hurricane damage areas?
Is it just a losing cause and should other plans made for example just to secure certain highways and utilities and forgo beach front properties?
It looks like they will need hundreds of billions of dollars just to repair damages in Texas, Louisiana and Florida alone this year.
Your thoughts?
-
-
-
Interesting point. Why should the rest of us pay to replace/repair your property just because you wanted to live somewhere that you think is "nice"....yet is certain to be devastated from time to time by hurricanes etc.
And this thread coincides with your other one: tell these people to move to Akron/Dayton/Cleveland where they are not very likely to suffer devastation. But no...its too cold for them here, eh?
-
If I could only pick one I'd prefer to help people during a natural disaster than to support deadbeats and illegals.
Of course these people should have insurance whether or not it's expensive.
WSS
-
If I could only pick one I'd prefer to help people during a natural disaster than to support deadbeats and illegals.
Of course these people should have insurance whether or not it's expensive.
WSS
If I could only pick one I'd prefer to help people during a natural disaster than to support deadbeats and illegals.
Of course these people should have insurance whether or not it's expensive.
WSS
If you can only pick one? Then why do you limit your choices to just those two. Perhaps you could list every government program there is.
If I could only choose one I would rather have the roads fixed.
If I could only choose one I would rather have them build stealth fighters.
If I could only choose one I would rather have them fix bridges.
If I could only choose one I would rather let people have their social security and medicare
If I could only choose one I would rather give big tax cuts to corporations and the wealthy.
If I could only choose one I would rather have the FBI catch serial killers.
etc. etc. etc.
-
Or spend hundreds of millions trying to repair sand dunes in relatively small areas that just get wiped out by the next storm? Rebuilding the same flooded out houses along oceans or rivers time after time? Nice but futile?
At 18 trillion in debt our "want" choices are getting squeezed. $18,000,000,000,000, whoa.
-
People who knowingly live in a flood/hurricane/area without flood insurance don't have any sympathy from me.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login