Skip to content

2017 QB Watch

College Football Forum
18 6 867
  • This is the thread for which QB a team will take after we trade down with them. 

    @mld-woody said:

    This is the thread for which QB a team will take after we trade down with them. 

    I don't think we will end up in position to trade down or take QB's. You have to get near 1-15 to do that. Not gonna happen.

  • Kizer might be a good QB we'll have to see how the season plays out......meanwhile start looking at franchise OL to protect him.

    Oh there will also be a need for good QBs in the 2018 draft.

  • Start looking for top notch cover corners in the draft.  Come next year that may be Brown's  biggest need.

  • Kizer might be a good QB we'll have to see how the season plays out......meanwhile start looking at franchise OL to protect him.

    Oh there will also be a need for good QBs in the 2018 draft.

    @mjp28 said:

    Kizer might be a good QB

    I plan to watch him, too... 😉

    @wargograw said:

    Patterson's from Ole Miss.

    Corrected... Nick's my guy. Another great game vs. LSU. Great size... really nice release... good movement.

  • Week 2 update...

    In the bits I saw, I really liked Darnold's cool and field vision vs. Texas.

    Struggling with Rosen... like a lot of his game and saw more touch this week, but seems to lack a measure of control.

    As noted above... really liking Nick Fitzgerald's game. Bit of a runner, but seems to like the pocket, too. Not overly eager to pull it down and take off.

    MSU Bonus: Holy crap is Simmons a load on their DL... and he is only a Soph.

    Did not see Mayfield this week.

    Surprised how over matched Jackson looked vs. Clemson. I like Herbie, but when a QB is out of sync with every receiver, I kinda think the QB has something to do with it.

    Getting ready to swap to Ole Miss game as soon as USC-tu is over. Figure since I mentioned him in the OP I owe Shea Patterson a look... even if the mention was by mistake.

  • Well... Shea patterson was the kid I saw last week... or at least one of them. I gotta start taking notes. Anyway he's a talented, young kid with a gun and a very quick release plus elusiveness and touch, but he's a kid with a ways to go. Look froward to seeing him develop.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Kizer might be a good QB

    I plan to watch him, too... 😉

    @wargograw said:

    Patterson's from Ole Miss.

    Corrected... Nick's my guy. Another great game vs. LSU. Great size... really nice release... good movement.

    @tour2ma said:

    I plan to watch him, too... 😉

    Corrected... Nick's my guy. Another great game vs. LSU. Great size... really nice release... good movement.

    Fitzgerald is awesome. The SEC is straight loaded at QB this year. 

    Really liked Darnold last night. Ehlinger looked really good too. Kid went to my HS. I was at most of his games. Hope he loses every game now. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I plan to watch him, too... 😉

    Corrected... Nick's my guy. Another great game vs. LSU. Great size... really nice release... good movement.

    Fitzgerald is awesome. The SEC is straight loaded at QB this year. 

    Really liked Darnold last night. Ehlinger looked really good too. Kid went to my HS. I was at most of his games. Hope he loses every game now. 

    @wargograw said:

     Ehlinger looked really good too. Kid went to my HS.

    Westlaker - well that explains everything!  😆

  • Lol I think it does for alot of folks. 

  • Lol I think it does for alot of folks. 

    @wargograw said:

    Lol I think it does for alot of folks. 

    Well then there's Westlaker Drew Brees, the big whiff by Texas and A&M. RC and Mack both failed to offer.

  • Week 2 update...

    In the bits I saw, I really liked Darnold's cool and field vision vs. Texas.

    Struggling with Rosen... like a lot of his game and saw more touch this week, but seems to lack a measure of control.

    As noted above... really liking Nick Fitzgerald's game. Bit of a runner, but seems to like the pocket, too. Not overly eager to pull it down and take off.

    MSU Bonus: Holy crap is Simmons a load on their DL... and he is only a Soph.

    Did not see Mayfield this week.

    Surprised how over matched Jackson looked vs. Clemson. I like Herbie, but when a QB is out of sync with every receiver, I kinda think the QB has something to do with it.

    Getting ready to swap to Ole Miss game as soon as USC-tu is over. Figure since I mentioned him in the OP I owe Shea Patterson a look... even if the mention was by mistake.

    @tour2ma said:

    Week 2 update...

    In the bits I saw, I really liked Darnold's cool and field vision vs. Texas.

    Struggling with Rosen... like a lot of his game and saw more touch this week, but seems to lack a measure of control.

    Rosen throws the best ball.  His problems seem to be that he takes risks that you may not want him too. Perhaps he has to try too much...because clearly it seems that he is going to get no help whatsoever from the UCLA defense.  When you put up 45 points you should win. I think his "lack of control" stems from that, and can be either coached out or could be brought under control if he didn't have to try to be Superman.

  • 45 wins against some teams. Lol

    Should i laugh or cry?

  • 45 wins against some teams. Lol

    Should i laugh or cry?

    @wargograw said:

    45 wins against some teams. Lol

    Should i laugh or cry?

    Yea, and against some teams 44 doesn't win.

  • @wargograw said:

    45 wins against some teams. Lol

    Should i laugh or cry?

    Yea, and against some teams 44 doesn't win.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, and against some teams 44 doesn't win.

    Only if you have a poor middle school coach giving up a 34 point lead because he's Forrest Gump material.😵

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, and against some teams 44 doesn't win.

    Only if you have a poor middle school coach giving up a 34 point lead because he's Forrest Gump material.😵

    @texasag1969 said:

    Only if you have a poor middle school coach giving up a 34 point lead because he's Forrest Gump material.😵

    Are you talking about the Atlanta Falcons? 😉