Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
532 55 11.0k
  • B BrownsDawgPound wrote on last edited by BrownsDawgPound
    #1

    Hi, Browns fans!  🙂  Our Cleveland Browns begin the 2017 regular season campaign with the same opponent they played and lost in their season finale back on New Year's Day - their AFC North rivals, the Pittsburgh Steelers,  in today's 131 all-time meeting, including 2 postseason games.  Browns are coming from an undefeated 4-0 preseason in August, but were 1-15 in their 2016 regular season, their onlywin a home victory over the San Diego Chargers.

    A  wise NFL Draft of selecting players and vetran free agents to form the 2016 Browns certainly should make Cleveland win more than one game in 2017.  Browns won only 1 of the 9 last meetings since December 2012,  the Browns only win a 31-10 home victory over the Steelers back on November 12, 2014.

    Pittsburgh though leads the all-time regular season series over over Browns entering today with 72 wins, over 58 losses.

    Kickoff from FirstEnergy Stadium is right after 1:05PM, Eastern Standard Time.

    NO injuries, defeat the Steelers in front of your new and improved pound, and HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #2
  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Bloody mary- check

    Smoker fired up, turkey legs all brined up- check

    Now lets fucking win an opener! Go Browns!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #4

    old fashioned chocolate fudge with black walnuts...check.

    Sage Sausage/Green Tomatoes/peppers "sloppy joe" and submarine buns...check.

    root beer...check.

  • old fashioned chocolate fudge with black walnuts...check.

    Sage Sausage/Green Tomatoes/peppers "sloppy joe" and submarine buns...check.

    root beer...check.

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @calfoxwc said:

    old fashioned chocolate fudge with black walnuts...check.

    Sage Sausage/Green Tomatoes/peppers "sloppy joe" and submarine buns...check.

    root beer...check.

    You the man!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #6

    let's see...should I start Dak Prescott....or Kizer today. ....

    Prescott...................Kizer. Kizer..............Prescott.......

    dammit. (lol)

  • let's see...should I start Dak Prescott....or Kizer today. ....

    Prescott...................Kizer. Kizer..............Prescott.......

    dammit. (lol)

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @calfoxwc said:

    let's see...should I start Dak Prescott....or Kizer today. ....

    Prescott...................Kizer. Kizer..............Prescott.......

    dammit. (lol)

    I had a harder choice, Big Ben or Ryan in Chi-town against the Bears. I went with Ryan because I don't trust Williams even without Danny and Myles.😁

  • Bloody mary- check

    Smoker fired up, turkey legs all brined up- check

    Now lets fucking win an opener! Go Browns!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @cambridgeho said:

    Bloody mary- check

    Smoker fired up, turkey legs all brined up- check

    Now lets fucking win an opener! Go Browns!

    Perfect day here in Cleveland. Loading car. Heading Downtown soon. Orange Stuff, check. Wine Check. Going to stop at Heinen's on 9th for adult beverages.  Game report to follow. 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Hope I'm wrong, but here's my prediction:

    Final Score:  Steelers 31, Browns 10.  I wish I was remotely confident for a "good game", but I'm not.  Do you guys remember how we do in season openers?  Do you recall our record against the Steelers?  With those powers combined, I see my score being pretty legit.  Wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers started running the clock out in the 3rd quarter.  Hope I'm wrong, and you guys know I try to keep it optimistic, but I don't see good things.

  • B BobPOUND wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Common, this is opening day. It's a new season and all thing are possible at least for the next 3 to 3 1/2 hours.. SO ENJOY IT. Screw being realistic or trying to guess the score. Enjoy the possibility that this is the year we finally do something to get us die hard fans excited.

    For me, I just hung my Browns banner on the front porch. It is tattered and hasn't hung for nearly 2 seasons.. Going to a local bar with some friends. Good beer maybe some chicken chunks..  And from now till then I am eternally optimistic and almost nervous.. Cannot wait !!

    Plenty of time for being realistic in 5 or 6 hours... 

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Right.....not predicting a big win myself....but here is the main difference from this time last year.....

    I actually believe there is a chance we could win.......which is a step in the right direction...

    Last years feeling of hopelessness has faded.....

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #12

    IMG_0234.JPG

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Hookers... check.

    Cocaine... check.

    Impending feeling of doom... check. 😆

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Maybe I've just missed it, but I don't see a Tavern button on the new site? 

  • Maybe I've just missed it, but I don't see a Tavern button on the new site? 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @d-bone said:

    Maybe I've just missed it, but I don't see a Tavern button on the new site? 

    It got zapped by the Great Eclipse of 2017.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Breakfast sandwiches.. Check.. Coffee.. Check..Oh.. And a little ganja.. check... I hope the Browns win an opener today..  My heart says "Cleveland".. But logic and common sense feels the Stools will prevail.. unfortunately.

  • let's see...should I start Dak Prescott....or Kizer today. ....

    Prescott...................Kizer. Kizer..............Prescott.......

    dammit. (lol)

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #17

    @calfoxwc said:

    let's see...should I start Dak Prescott....or Kizer today. ....

    Prescott...................Kizer. Kizer..............Prescott.......

    dammit. (lol)

    Ha! Your Welcome..I was looking for a back-up late to R.Wilson so why not Kizer as Mr. Irrelevant 😎..Had to grab Alex Smith after Thursday..Really a Football Game today? Well, I was hiding in garage from Father-in laws AM visit but could not avoid disaster.🥷 I was found, advised of a Mother-in-Law Birthday Day,Chicken Cook-out that I tried to move to 4:30ish but failed..Checked NC local game & Wham-moe Browns got local coverage in NC..(it's gunna be a good day) so #1.Taking over TV remote at a service charge$ absolutely.. #2.Waiting on Overcooked Grilled Chicken(in-laws Pops can't Cook)#3.Wash downed with either Peach or Apple Cider Moonshine. Now that the man could bottle for a living$..Go Browns!! Shine on Gumby will hollar at ya after Halftime🥷..(well maybe?)      

  • @d-bone said:

    Maybe I've just missed it, but I don't see a Tavern button on the new site? 

    It got zapped by the Great Eclipse of 2017.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @dutch-oven said:

    It got zapped by the Great Eclipse of 2017.

    Damn..... Well, I guess I'll actually see more of the game from now on instead of missing parts of plays as I hunt & peck away on my laptop.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It got zapped by the Great Eclipse of 2017.

    Damn..... Well, I guess I'll actually see more of the game from now on instead of missing parts of plays as I hunt & peck away on my laptop.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @d-bone said:

    Damn..... Well, I guess I'll actually see more of the game from now on instead of missing parts of plays as I hunt & peck away on my laptop.

    What was 'The Tavern'? I keep hearing about it, but I've only been on this board for a month or so

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #20

    The tavern is a an interactive chat room while you watch the game and drink.