Kizer
-
By the way London and any of your other Fanboys I am in no way ready to call him a bust. I will wait as the season rolls on. That's more than a lot of the guys around here give any quarterback they pretend to support.
Then again if Mitch Trubisky goes to the Pro Bowl with Howard and Hooker Sashi Browns ass should be in the hot seat.
WSS
-
By the way London and any of your other Fanboys I am in no way ready to call him a bust. I will wait as the season rolls on. That's more than a lot of the guys around here give any quarterback they pretend to support.
Then again if Mitch Trubisky goes to the Pro Bowl with Howard and Hooker Sashi Browns ass should be in the hot seat.
WSS
By the way London and any of your other Fanboys I am in no way ready to call him a bust. I will wait as the season rolls on. That's more than a lot of the guys around here give any quarterback they pretend to support.
Then again if Mitch Trubisky goes to the Pro Bowl with Howard and Hooker Sashi Browns ass should be in the hot seat.
WSS
NO way am I ready to call the guy a bust. However, I think it's pretty obvious he needs to have a better week against a lesser opponent (finally). I haven't read a single thing that says Luck is coming back against us (although that's USUALLY the case), so we're going to have an excellent chance to "be in the game" with a chance to win. I think it all comes down to the red zone in this one. Can we get TD's instead of FG's, and can we PLEASE not turn it over.
-
By the way London and any of your other Fanboys I am in no way ready to call him a bust. I will wait as the season rolls on. That's more than a lot of the guys around here give any quarterback they pretend to support.
Then again if Mitch Trubisky goes to the Pro Bowl with Howard and Hooker Sashi Browns ass should be in the hot seat.
WSS
NO way am I ready to call the guy a bust. However, I think it's pretty obvious he needs to have a better week against a lesser opponent (finally). I haven't read a single thing that says Luck is coming back against us (although that's USUALLY the case), so we're going to have an excellent chance to "be in the game" with a chance to win. I think it all comes down to the red zone in this one. Can we get TD's instead of FG's, and can we PLEASE not turn it over.
NO way am I ready to call the guy a bust. However, I think it's pretty obvious he needs to have a better week against a lesser opponent (finally). I haven't read a single thing that says Luck is coming back against us (although that's USUALLY the case), so we're going to have an excellent chance to "be in the game" with a chance to win. I think it all comes down to the red zone in this one. Can we get TD's instead of FG's, and can we PLEASE not turn it over.
It's obvious we should have run the wishbone down there.

-
@boo-fagley said:
How do you figure the Browns wont have high enough draft picks in 2018 to go after a QB?
That's what I was wondering. If Kizer is so bad and will be so bad, then the Browns won't win very many games which puts us in line with a top 5 pick at worst and another 1st to use to move up if needed.
-
BLACK TARKENTON
Seriously, what fucking part of this don't you jackoffs understand?
Idiots. Fans and FO. Idiots.
BLACK TARKENTON
Seriously, what fucking part of this don't you jackoffs understand?
Idiots. Fans and FO. Idiots.
The part where he makes the Hall of Fame? The part where he starts in 3 Super Bowl games? The part where he is one of the top 5-10 most prolific passers of all time?
Besides....maybe he is not the Black Tarkenton....but the Caublasian Tarkenton:
-
@boo-fagley said:
I dont know if Kizer is a bust and neither do you, but if he is a bust the Browns have enough draft picks to land a QB in 2018.
Which is why I believe that they passed on Garraoplo because they can get a young new QB at his rookie salary.
Realllllllly................................... And with the Browns maybe winning 4 games this year, just exactly what Blue Chip prospect are they going to be in position to grab?
Your fucking logic is what stands Browns fans and the organization as complete idiots. We fail to use once in a blue moon #1 picks for a QB, because " nobody was good enough for us", instead taking players that other teams get better players in later rounds. Yeah, man.......... just look at how solid our QB position is. This fucking #1 OL is blocking everyone's balls off, sustaining drives, making shit QBs perform like Montana, running the ball like a snowball down hill.
Yeah man, I see where you are going. This bounty of draft picks has really fucking paid off so far.
Idtiots.
-
Unfortunately we won't be in a position to take the blue chip Prospect in 2018.
WSS
Putting the Kizer stuff aside why will this be the case?
Putting the Kizer stuff aside why will this be the case?
Du'h. With a lot of teams needing QBs, the Browns are not likely to have the #1 pick.............how the fuck exactly are they going to draft the top prospect in 2018? Run that logic by us, I am sure it is a fantastic plan.
-
We're going to find out a lot about Kizer this weekend. Let's see how the kid responds after a terrible game and the migraine craziness. I have a feeling we're going to be happy.
We're going to find out a lot about Kizer this weekend. Let's see how the kid responds after a terrible game and the migraine craziness. I have a feeling we're going to be happy.
You have a feeling? Where? In your cunt? I wonder if playing the shitty Colts has anything to do with your vaginal thrill? Playing two good teams showed the world everything it needs to see about Kizer. Him having a good game against Steubenville Big Red next week doesn't mean shit.
The Colts will ass fuck the Browns.
-
@boo-fagley said:
I dont know if Kizer is a bust and neither do you, but if he is a bust the Browns have enough draft picks to land a QB in 2018.
Which is why I believe that they passed on Garraoplo because they can get a young new QB at his rookie salary.
Realllllllly................................... And with the Browns maybe winning 4 games this year, just exactly what Blue Chip prospect are they going to be in position to grab?
Your fucking logic is what stands Browns fans and the organization as complete idiots. We fail to use once in a blue moon #1 picks for a QB, because " nobody was good enough for us", instead taking players that other teams get better players in later rounds. Yeah, man.......... just look at how solid our QB position is. This fucking #1 OL is blocking everyone's balls off, sustaining drives, making shit QBs perform like Montana, running the ball like a snowball down hill.
Yeah man, I see where you are going. This bounty of draft picks has really fucking paid off so far.
Idtiots.
,
Realllllllly................................... And with the Browns maybe winning 4 games this year, just exactly what Blue Chip prospect are they going to be in position to grab?
Your fucking logic is what stands Browns fans and the organization as complete idiots. We fail to use once in a blue moon #1 picks for a QB, because " nobody was good enough for us", instead taking players that other teams get better players in later rounds. Yeah, man.......... just look at how solid our QB position is. This fucking #1 OL is blocking everyone's balls off, sustaining drives, making shit QBs perform like Montana, running the ball like a snowball down hill.
Yeah man, I see where you are going. This bounty of draft picks has really fucking paid off so far.
Idtiots.
A couple thoughts on Kizer- first the migraine. My Doc pal and former boss get them. You're very sensitive to light. Did the Med Staff have that miracle migraine drug on hand? When Kizer came back in, he played like he still had one.
Regarding his play I hope I'm wrong about "he is who I thought he was." If you remember I was very vocal that I thought he was a horrible pick. What concerned me then was on full display yesterday. BAD accuracy issues. How many of his passes were exactly on target? Damn few. Blew another sideline bomb that could have been a TD. Prone to make a big mistake at the worst time. The int in the end zone was a killer. Oh, he's got a great arm alright, won't do much good if it's inaccurate. Those delay of game penalties were maddening, you're thinking too much. All you have to do is look up, the play clock is right in front of you. Part of that falls on Hue.
PS Ghoolie, the OL was giving Kizer a nice pocket to throw out of on plenty of occasions, yup- taking too long to get rid of the ball. Regressed from last week, looked befuddled many times. -
By the way London and any of your other Fanboys I am in no way ready to call him a bust. I will wait as the season rolls on. That's more than a lot of the guys around here give any quarterback they pretend to support.
Then again if Mitch Trubisky goes to the Pro Bowl with Howard and Hooker Sashi Browns ass should be in the hot seat.
WSS
NO way am I ready to call the guy a bust. However, I think it's pretty obvious he needs to have a better week against a lesser opponent (finally). I haven't read a single thing that says Luck is coming back against us (although that's USUALLY the case), so we're going to have an excellent chance to "be in the game" with a chance to win. I think it all comes down to the red zone in this one. Can we get TD's instead of FG's, and can we PLEASE not turn it over.
NO way am I ready to call the guy a bust. However, I think it's pretty obvious he needs to have a better week against a lesser opponent (finally). I haven't read a single thing that says Luck is coming back against us (although that's USUALLY the case), so we're going to have an excellent chance to "be in the game" with a chance to win. I think it all comes down to the red zone in this one. Can we get TD's instead of FG's, and can we PLEASE not turn it over.
Or at the very least FGs in place of INTs.
WSS
-
Kids overmatched at this stage, but I think the FO knew that.
Yup..
Hue isn't helping him, abandoning the run for the second game running.
Abandon carries a connotation of choice... as in the run game was working, but the HC chose to go to the pass.
Our top three rushers were 10 for 37, 5 for 26 and 4 for 21. Take away their respective longest runs of 17, 13 and 16 yards and you are left with 9 for 20 (2.2), 4 for 13 (3.3) and 3 for5 (1.7).
Who wouldn't want to abandon that? How about if rusher #2 was your QB?
Do have to note that we saw the I-formation on two consecutive plays. Crow followed his FB, as prescribed, on the first and netted his long of the day. On the second the FB went right of a pile and Crow ran into the pile... and stopped??? I guess that was where the hole was supposed to be...

-
Putting the Kizer stuff aside why will this be the case?
Because it looks like the Jets are tanking to get Sam Darnold. And I can't imagine that we wouldn't win two, three or even four games this year. And if we do go zero + 16 what are the odds coach Jackson is still here?
Sure the draft chart could shift before next year.
But then again if we take the 3rd or 4th rated quarterback it will be another roll of the dice. If this particular role of the dice doesn't pay off it won't be long before another house cleaning. I don't think it will be next year but...
WSS
Because it looks like the Jets are tanking to get Sam Darnold. And I can't imagine that we wouldn't win two, three or even four games this year. And if we do go zero + 16 what are the odds coach Jackson is still here?
Sure the draft chart could shift before next year.
But then again if we take the 3rd or 4th rated quarterback it will be another roll of the dice. If this particular role of the dice doesn't pay off it won't be long before another house cleaning. I don't think it will be next year but...
WSS
First off, I think we definitely win 3-4 games this year. And I believe the Jets are tanking....
BUT, even if Hue went 0-16, I think we'd just get a new offensive coordinator and pick a quarterback. He's practically working with a JV team at this point...
-
We're going to find out a lot about Kizer this weekend. Let's see how the kid responds after a terrible game and the migraine craziness. I have a feeling we're going to be happy.
Can John MacAurther catch a fastball over the middle without flinching?🥷
Sign him up!

Can John MacAurther catch a fastball over the middle without flinching?🥷
Sign him up!

In college he could!
-
Quick note on migraines...
Those that have never experienced them... bless you... may you never... from those of us who have.
I went through a period of them about 20 years ago for about two years. In my case they were stress-related (a/k/a "work related"). The head pain is one thing, but you don't always hear about the other "things". Light sensitivity... bright flashes... nausea... often wished for the later because if it got bad enough where I'd vomit, then I'd actually feel better.
Some got so bad they were debilitating... felt like doing nothing except laying in a darkened room with a cold compress on my eyes. Then the problem was their was nothing to distract me from the pain. I cannot imaging playing football with one.
-
Hue isn't helping him, abandoning the run for the second game running.
Hue isn't helping him, abandoning the run for the second game running.
The second season running, actually.....
Yup..
Abandon carries a connotation......
.....that you must actually establish a running game, prior to abandoning it........
-
Quick note on migraines...
Those that have never experienced them... bless you... may you never... from those of us who have.
I went through a period of them about 20 years ago for about two years. In my case they were stress-related (a/k/a "work related"). The head pain is one thing, but you don't always hear about the other "things". Light sensitivity... bright flashes... nausea... often wished for the later because if it got bad enough where I'd vomit, then I'd actually feel better.
Some got so bad they were debilitating... felt like doing nothing except laying in a darkened room with a cold compress on my eyes. Then the problem was their was nothing to distract me from the pain. I cannot imaging playing football with one.
Quick note on migraines...
Those that have never experienced them... bless you... may you never... from those of us who have.
I went through a period of them about 20 years ago for about two years. In my case they were stress-related (a/k/a "work related"). The head pain is one thing, but you don't always hear about the other "things". Light sensitivity... bright flashes... nausea... often wished for the later because if it got bad enough where I'd vomit, then I'd actually feel better.
Some got so bad they were debilitating... felt like doing nothing except laying in a darkened room with a cold compress on my eyes. Then the problem was their was nothing to distract me from the pain. I cannot imaging playing football with one.
I have no doubt they suck pretty badly. Like high ankle sprains, concussions and broken bones in the hand. Let's hope the migraines aren't a regular occurrence.
WSS
-
Quick note on migraines...
Those that have never experienced them... bless you... may you never... from those of us who have.
I went through a period of them about 20 years ago for about two years. In my case they were stress-related (a/k/a "work related"). The head pain is one thing, but you don't always hear about the other "things". Light sensitivity... bright flashes... nausea... often wished for the later because if it got bad enough where I'd vomit, then I'd actually feel better.
Some got so bad they were debilitating... felt like doing nothing except laying in a darkened room with a cold compress on my eyes. Then the problem was their was nothing to distract me from the pain. I cannot imaging playing football with one.
Quick note on migraines...
Those that have never experienced them... bless you... may you never... from those of us who have.
I went through a period of them about 20 years ago for about two years. In my case they were stress-related (a/k/a "work related"). The head pain is one thing, but you don't always hear about the other "things". Light sensitivity... bright flashes... nausea... often wished for the later because if it got bad enough where I'd vomit, then I'd actually feel better.
Some got so bad they were debilitating... felt like doing nothing except laying in a darkened room with a cold compress on my eyes. Then the problem was their was nothing to distract me from the pain. I cannot imaging playing football with one.
You can have them, thank you.
Reminds me, late last year when I was having my eye problems, I was having some serious headaches with it. The eye doctor asked if this was the worst headache I ever had. I thought about it a moment but said "its pretty bad, but no....I have had some sinus infections in the past where the headaches were worse. With those, it felt like someone took a baseball bat and hit me squarely on the forehead. And that is what it felt like. I suspect that migraines are a bit like that.
-
I agree that our running game needs to be better EARLY in the game, but that's kind of tough when teams are probably selling out on the run in hopes of making us pass the rock. Unfortunately, I think we're in a situation where we have to pass to set up the run. Kizer needs to hit on some early passes, then Crow needs to hit on a couple of runs, and then the play-action game needs to hit the home run.
I am so SICK AND TIRED of always seeing 3rd and a damn mile. Some of that has to do with the running game completely sucking, and part of it has to do with penalties. Regardless, we need to get in "3rd and manageable" or else Kizer is going to have yet another tough day. Like I said in another post, don't be surprised if you see us running the ball some on 3rd and longs (if the game is close). Sometimes punting isn't always the worst idea.
I urge everyone not to be TOO down on Kizer. He's played two very tough opponents, and we know he didn't play well. Plenty of other rookie QB's started off just as poorly, so let's not hit the panic button too hard.
-
Hue isn't helping him, abandoning the run for the second game running.
The second season running, actually.....
Yup..
Abandon carries a connotation......
.....that you must actually establish a running game, prior to abandoning it........
True... order of establishment really doesn't matter in today's NFL. So long as one is established, the other becomes easier. Which is our chicken vs egg? Beats me... looks like we have two eggs at this point.
Agree on Kizer... too early to get down and we did go from tough to really, really tough Defense in first two weeks.
.....that you must actually establish a running game, prior to abandoning it........
Bingo...
-
Here's the problem guys(one of them, at least).....we have no receivers who demand extra attention. Plain and simple.
ALL our guys are getting single man coverage, without any help(every play)......which allows teams to stack the box against the run and STILL have the capability of covering our receivers....this allows them to cover both sides of the field....every play....
Add one blind RB....a rookie QB.....and a vanilla offensive scheme and this is what you get.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login