Kizer
-
It's official, he stinks
Still early BH, but no... today he was not good.
Posted in chat that he might be "overthrowing the ball"... not in the usual QB sense,, but in the MLB pitcher sense. Too hard yielding "wild".
gumby answered "over gripping"... could be an issue as well. Squeeze a golf club to death and forearm muscles tighten that you do not want tight. PLus as the immortal "Crash" Davis told Nuke, "Don't grip it so tight... it's an egg."
Could be one or both....
On a positive note... the kid did survey the field better. Still too slow and still are issues picking up the location of a throw to a non primary, but he looked.
#BabySteps...
Still early BH, but no... today he was not good.
Posted in chat that he might be "overthrowing the ball"... not in the usual QB sense,, but in the MLB pitcher sense. Too hard yielding "wild".
gumby answered "over gripping"... could be an issue as well. Squeeze a golf club to death and forearm muscles tighten that you do not want tight. PLus as the immortal "Crash" Davis told Nuke, "Don't grip it so tight... it's an egg."
Could be one or both....
In college he was inaccurate and had trouble making the proper read, typically these things don’t improve in the NFL but QB gurus think they can mold players.
-
I couldn't imagine what it would be like playing the position when your guys drop 8 footballs. To put the ball in the bread basket just to have the ball dropped is a joke. On top of that, 4 offensive PI calls (two of which would have resulted in 1st downs) and what the fuck do you expect.
Kizer made some bad throws, I'm not gonna defend those. But 8 drops? who the fuck is supposed to excel with EIGHT drops?
-
At this point I’m not evaluating any player on stats. I watch the first two quarters to see how they play when the game is still undecided. Kizer was miserable when the game started, looked lost and bad throws. The defense let the touchdown less Colts throw it all over them.
There isn’t a player on this team, minus the O Line and Collins that have consistently played at a NFL level
-
At this point I’m not evaluating any player on stats. I watch the first two quarters to see how they play when the game is still undecided. Kizer was miserable when the game started, looked lost and bad throws. The defense let the touchdown less Colts throw it all over them.
There isn’t a player on this team, minus the O Line and Collins that have consistently played at a NFL level
At this point I’m not evaluating any player on stats. I watch the first two quarters to see how they play when the game is still undecided. Kizer was miserable when the game started, looked lost and bad throws. The defense let the touchdown less Colts throw it all over them.
There isn’t a player on this team, minus the O Line and Collins that have consistently played at a NFL level
It's clear where I'm going with this, but imagine this stat line
QB- 30 of 47, 2 TDS/3 ints (one being on a hail mary)
If that was the stat line of Aaron Rodgers, would you think wow, that dude lost us the game?
-
At this point I’m not evaluating any player on stats. I watch the first two quarters to see how they play when the game is still undecided. Kizer was miserable when the game started, looked lost and bad throws. The defense let the touchdown less Colts throw it all over them.
There isn’t a player on this team, minus the O Line and Collins that have consistently played at a NFL level
It's clear where I'm going with this, but imagine this stat line
QB- 30 of 47, 2 TDS/3 ints (one being on a hail mary)
If that was the stat line of Aaron Rodgers, would you think wow, that dude lost us the game?
It's clear where I'm going with this, but imagine this stat line
QB- 30 of 47, 2 TDS/3 ints (one being on a hail mary)
If that was the stat line of Aaron Rodgers, would you think wow, that dude lost us the game?
Stats are meaningless in these games. Remember the Jordan Cameron Gary Barnidge days. The question that I ask is watching Kizer in the first half, when the game is being formed, did he look like an NFL QB? I don’t think so. Racking up stats when the defense is running out the clock doesn’t do much for me.
-
It's clear where I'm going with this, but imagine this stat line
QB- 30 of 47, 2 TDS/3 ints (one being on a hail mary)
If that was the stat line of Aaron Rodgers, would you think wow, that dude lost us the game?
Stats are meaningless in these games. Remember the Jordan Cameron Gary Barnidge days. The question that I ask is watching Kizer in the first half, when the game is being formed, did he look like an NFL QB? I don’t think so. Racking up stats when the defense is running out the clock doesn’t do much for me.
Stats are meaningless in these games. Remember the Jordan Cameron Gary Barnidge days. The question that I ask is watching Kizer in the first half, when the game is being formed, did he look like an NFL QB? I don’t think so. Racking up stats when the defense is running out the clock doesn’t do much for me.
You know what Aaron Rodgers was doing in his 3rd NFL game? Picking splinters out of his backside. It's something to consider.
-
I couldn't imagine what it would be like playing the position when your guys drop 8 footballs. To put the ball in the bread basket just to have the ball dropped is a joke. On top of that, 4 offensive PI calls (two of which would have resulted in 1st downs) and what the fuck do you expect.
Kizer made some bad throws, I'm not gonna defend those. But 8 drops? who the fuck is supposed to excel with EIGHT drops?
I couldn't imagine what it would be like playing the position when your guys drop 8 footballs. To put the ball in the bread basket just to have the ball dropped is a joke. On top of that, 4 offensive PI calls (two of which would have resulted in 1st downs) and what the fuck do you expect.
Kizer made some bad throws, I'm not gonna defend those. But 8 drops? who the fuck is supposed to excel with EIGHT drops?
Agreed
-
Stats are meaningless in these games. Remember the Jordan Cameron Gary Barnidge days. The question that I ask is watching Kizer in the first half, when the game is being formed, did he look like an NFL QB? I don’t think so. Racking up stats when the defense is running out the clock doesn’t do much for me.
You know what Aaron Rodgers was doing in his 3rd NFL game? Picking splinters out of his backside. It's something to consider.
You know what Aaron Rodgers was doing in his 3rd NFL game? Picking splinters out of his backside. It's something to consider.
Can we agree that the 2017-18 Browns are not the 2007 Packers
-
At this point I’m not evaluating any player on stats. I watch the first two quarters to see how they play when the game is still undecided. Kizer was miserable when the game started, looked lost and bad throws. The defense let the touchdown less Colts throw it all over them.
There isn’t a player on this team, minus the O Line and Collins that have consistently played at a NFL level
At this point I’m not evaluating any player on stats. I watch the first two quarters to see how they play when the game is still undecided. Kizer was miserable when the game started, looked lost and bad throws. The defense let the touchdown less Colts throw it all over them.
There isn’t a player on this team, minus the O Line and Collins that have consistently played at a NFL level
Are you evaluating his performance in half the game to suit your narrative or are you doing it because you are stupid?
-
You know what Aaron Rodgers was doing in his 3rd NFL game? Picking splinters out of his backside. It's something to consider.
Can we agree that the 2017-18 Browns are not the 2007 Packers
Can we agree that the 2017-18 Browns are not the 2007 Packers
Without a doubt.
A very young, raw QB in my humble opinion was rushed into the starting job before he should have on a team with questionable talent surrounding him, especially at WR. I'm not going to write the kid off already, considering all the circumstances. (I also have been on record before the season that I don't think Kizer being on the roster will stop the Browns from strongly considering taking a QB with their first pick next draft)
-
Can we agree that the 2017-18 Browns are not the 2007 Packers
Without a doubt.
A very young, raw QB in my humble opinion was rushed into the starting job before he should have on a team with questionable talent surrounding him, especially at WR. I'm not going to write the kid off already, considering all the circumstances. (I also have been on record before the season that I don't think Kizer being on the roster will stop the Browns from strongly considering taking a QB with their first pick next draft)
Without a doubt.
A very young, raw QB in my humble opinion was rushed into the starting job before he should have on a team with questionable talent surrounding him, especially at WR. I'm not going to write the kid off already, considering all the circumstances. (I also have been on record before the season that I don't think Kizer being on the roster will stop the Browns from strongly considering taking a QB with their first pick next draft)
Absolutely rushed in and as a positive strong arm and good mobility. The O Line has been pretty solid this year and defenses have been loading up against the run. The defense and O Line are setting Kizer up to be successful. I will say our defense shitting the bed and horrible penalties have put him in some bad spots this year
-
Without a doubt.
A very young, raw QB in my humble opinion was rushed into the starting job before he should have on a team with questionable talent surrounding him, especially at WR. I'm not going to write the kid off already, considering all the circumstances. (I also have been on record before the season that I don't think Kizer being on the roster will stop the Browns from strongly considering taking a QB with their first pick next draft)
Absolutely rushed in and as a positive strong arm and good mobility. The O Line has been pretty solid this year and defenses have been loading up against the run. The defense and O Line are setting Kizer up to be successful. I will say our defense shitting the bed and horrible penalties have put him in some bad spots this year
Absolutely rushed in and as a positive strong arm and good mobility. The O Line has been pretty solid this year and defenses have been loading up against the run. The defense and O Line are setting Kizer up to be successful. I will say our defense shitting the bed and horrible penalties have put him in some bad spots this year
And I know it's hard to believe, but it's still early. We are three games in.
Now if this team looks just as bad halfway through the season, well Hue is in big trouble. But things still can improve.
-
Absolutely rushed in and as a positive strong arm and good mobility. The O Line has been pretty solid this year and defenses have been loading up against the run. The defense and O Line are setting Kizer up to be successful. I will say our defense shitting the bed and horrible penalties have put him in some bad spots this year
And I know it's hard to believe, but it's still early. We are three games in.
Now if this team looks just as bad halfway through the season, well Hue is in big trouble. But things still can improve.
And I know it's hard to believe, but it's still early. We are three games in.
Now if this team looks just as bad halfway through the season, well Hue is in big trouble. But things still can improve.
It seems like this is our mantra until “wait til the draft@
-
One comment on the drops... of the 8 mentioned some were pure, 100% on the receivers... Devalve late and Britt early spring to mind. But some throws asked a lot of even very good receivers. Yes, they got their hands on a couple that were behind them, but that phrase includes the phrase "they were behind them." A QB needs to make throws that give his guys the best chance. Kizer's not there yet and that's what prompted the speculation as to the cause(s) of his inaccuracy.
On the other hand what was the count on catches made on bad balls. One springs to mind... Williams' ridiculous one-hander deep in Colt territory. You'll be seeing that one tonite on SC.
I guess that might have been two comments...
-
One comment on the drops... of the 8 mentioned some were pure, 100% on the receivers... Devalve late and Britt early spring to mind. But some throws asked a lot of even very good receivers. Yes, they got their hands on a couple that were behind them, but that phrase includes the phrase "they were behind them." A QB needs to make throws that give his guys the best chance. Kizer's not there yet and that's what prompted the speculation as to the cause(s) of his inaccuracy.
On the other hand what was the count on catches made on bad balls. One springs to mind... Williams' ridiculous one-hander deep in Colt territory. You'll be seeing that one tonite on SC.
I guess that might have been two comments...
On the other hand what was the count on catches made on bad balls. One springs to mind... Williams' ridiculous one-hander deep in Colt territory. You'll be seeing that one tonite on SC.
That was Leslie.....the guy we just reactivated and, apparently, can catch against 1st stringers too....(wink wink)
-
Hey! at this pace it should only take 4 more games to match our interception total from last year!!
I really cant help but think using cody and really focusing on the short passing game and not asking him to throw the ball deep 15+ times a game is the way to go....
If we actually wanted to win games that is... -
Goff definitely did not come out of a pro style offense.
Looks like Cal and I posted at the same time. Thanks Cal!
Yeah, Hogan is the one who came out of a pro style offense at Stanford especially when we understand his Head Coach there was previously an NFL assistant on the Philadelphia Eagles, QB Coach for the Oakland Raiders and QB Coach and later WR Coach with the Baltimore Ravens staff before joining Jim Harbaugh (who said he used much of Lindy Infante's QB friendly read system) at Stanford. David Shaw likes a 3 TE wrinkle that he has effectively implemented there in addition to other stuff he uses from his pro experience.
In essence, there's way less to de-program with Hogan. Since we know Kizer is starting, let's hope he has a good game. If not, I don't want our entire team feeling like they're sentenced to a pitcher that can't find the strike zone all day. IMO, that will ruin the kid who just turned 21. And why do that if Hogan can give us more or at least the spark that jumper cables the rest of the team today?
@boo-fagley said:
Thanks Mr Obvious letting us know that Ben will be in the NFL HOF and that the Steelers have been a model NFL franchise going back to dumb as a bag of rocks Terry Bradshaw.
Yeah, sore rectal cavity, I meant 1 Super Bowl under clueless Tomlin. Brady owns that blowhard franchise. So, quit bragging about Pittsburgh being so great and stick to eating chicken wings and guzzling beer.
Didn't those mighty Squealers lose to the lowly Bears?
Looks like Cal and I posted at the same time. Thanks Cal!
Yeah, Hogan is the one who came out of a pro style offense at Stanford especially when we understand his Head Coach there was previously an NFL assistant on the Philadelphia Eagles, QB Coach for the Oakland Raiders and QB Coach and later WR Coach with the Baltimore Ravens staff before joining Jim Harbaugh (who said he used much of Lindy Infante's QB friendly read system) at Stanford. David Shaw likes a 3 TE wrinkle that he has effectively implemented there in addition to other stuff he uses from his pro experience.
In essence, there's way less to de-program with Hogan. Since we know Kizer is starting, let's hope he has a good game. If not, I don't want our entire team feeling like they're sentenced to a pitcher that can't find the strike zone all day. IMO, that will ruin the kid who just turned 21. And why do that if Hogan can give us more or at least the spark that jumper cables the rest of the team today?
He is what I thought he was....
Still early BH, but no... today he was not good.
Posted in chat that he might be "overthrowing the ball"... not in the usual QB sense,, but in the MLB pitcher sense. Too hard yielding "wild".
gumby answered "over gripping"... could be an issue as well. Squeeze a golf club to death and forearm muscles tighten that you do not want tight. PLus as the immortal "Crash" Davis told Nuke, "Don't grip it so tight... it's an egg."
Could be one or both....
On a positive note... the kid did survey the field better. Still too slow and still are issues picking up the location of a throw to a non primary, but he looked.
#BabySteps...
Sorry Tour- he pretty much sucked....
In college he was inaccurate and had trouble making the proper read, typically these things don’t improve in the NFL but QB gurus think they can mold players.
^^^^ Preaching to the Choir here BH.
One comment on the drops... of the 8 mentioned some were pure, 100% on the receivers... Devalve late and Britt early spring to mind. But some throws asked a lot of even very good receivers. Yes, they got their hands on a couple that were behind them, but that phrase includes the phrase "they were behind them." A QB needs to make throws that give his guys the best chance. Kizer's not there yet and that's what prompted the speculation as to the cause(s) of his inaccuracy.
On the other hand what was the count on catches made on bad balls. One springs to mind... Williams' ridiculous one-hander deep in Colt territory. You'll be seeing that one tonite on SC.
I guess that might have been two comments...
One circus catch does not equal 10 errant ducks Tour. That one wasn't particularly a good pass. Like a bunch not remotely catchable. He had several guys open on patterns that he missed badly on. Right now, Kizer has a slight edge on the Infamous Akilli "Worm Burner" Smith of Bungle disrepute.
-
Of starting qbs Kiser leads the league in the following
Passes intercepted 7
Lowest qb rating 53
Lowest completion percentage 53
-
Of starting qbs Kiser leads the league in the following
Passes intercepted 7
Lowest qb rating 53
Lowest completion percentage 53
Of starting qbs Kiser leads the league in the following
Passes intercepted 7
Lowest qb rating 53
Lowest completion percentage 53
But he's a rookie, he can improve.. I hope so- or this is going to be another lost season, real quick.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Thanks Mr Obvious letting us know that Ben will be in the NFL HOF and that the Steelers have been a model NFL franchise going back to dumb as a bag of rocks Terry Bradshaw.
Yeah, sore rectal cavity, I meant 1 Super Bowl under clueless Tomlin. Brady owns that blowhard franchise. So, quit bragging about Pittsburgh being so great and stick to eating chicken wings and guzzling beer.
Didn't those mighty Squealers lose to the lowly Bears?
Looks like Cal and I posted at the same time. Thanks Cal!
Yeah, Hogan is the one who came out of a pro style offense at Stanford especially when we understand his Head Coach there was previously an NFL assistant on the Philadelphia Eagles, QB Coach for the Oakland Raiders and QB Coach and later WR Coach with the Baltimore Ravens staff before joining Jim Harbaugh (who said he used much of Lindy Infante's QB friendly read system) at Stanford. David Shaw likes a 3 TE wrinkle that he has effectively implemented there in addition to other stuff he uses from his pro experience.
In essence, there's way less to de-program with Hogan. Since we know Kizer is starting, let's hope he has a good game. If not, I don't want our entire team feeling like they're sentenced to a pitcher that can't find the strike zone all day. IMO, that will ruin the kid who just turned 21. And why do that if Hogan can give us more or at least the spark that jumper cables the rest of the team today?
He is what I thought he was....
Still early BH, but no... today he was not good.
Posted in chat that he might be "overthrowing the ball"... not in the usual QB sense,, but in the MLB pitcher sense. Too hard yielding "wild".
gumby answered "over gripping"... could be an issue as well. Squeeze a golf club to death and forearm muscles tighten that you do not want tight. PLus as the immortal "Crash" Davis told Nuke, "Don't grip it so tight... it's an egg."
Could be one or both....
On a positive note... the kid did survey the field better. Still too slow and still are issues picking up the location of a throw to a non primary, but he looked.
#BabySteps...
Sorry Tour- he pretty much sucked....
In college he was inaccurate and had trouble making the proper read, typically these things don’t improve in the NFL but QB gurus think they can mold players.
^^^^ Preaching to the Choir here BH.
One comment on the drops... of the 8 mentioned some were pure, 100% on the receivers... Devalve late and Britt early spring to mind. But some throws asked a lot of even very good receivers. Yes, they got their hands on a couple that were behind them, but that phrase includes the phrase "they were behind them." A QB needs to make throws that give his guys the best chance. Kizer's not there yet and that's what prompted the speculation as to the cause(s) of his inaccuracy.
On the other hand what was the count on catches made on bad balls. One springs to mind... Williams' ridiculous one-hander deep in Colt territory. You'll be seeing that one tonite on SC.
I guess that might have been two comments...
One circus catch does not equal 10 errant ducks Tour. That one wasn't particularly a good pass. Like a bunch not remotely catchable. He had several guys open on patterns that he missed badly on. Right now, Kizer has a slight edge on the Infamous Akilli "Worm Burner" Smith of Bungle disrepute.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login