Skip to content

Does Hue Panic

The Browns Board
61 26 2.8k
  • @tacosman said:

    are you for real?  The nfl is a passing league.  We couldnt run the ball worth a shit today.  And we still ran it 20 times.  And got nothing out of it.  You arent going to win in the nfl in 2017 by lining up and running isiah freaking crowell(anyone) or  into the line....jesus christ.

    I have Jacksonville on line one for you.   

    @tiamat63 said:

    I have Jacksonville on line one for you.   

    jacksonville won 1 stinking game.  When they handed the ball to MJD a lot and tried that approach they were the nfl's worst team(the year led the league in carries and yards)

  • Yeah the running game wasn't there. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I have Jacksonville on line one for you.   

    jacksonville won 1 stinking game.  When they handed the ball to MJD a lot and tried that approach they were the nfl's worst team(the year led the league in carries and yards)

    @tacosman said:

    jacksonville won 1 stinking game.  When they handed the ball to MJD a lot and tried that approach they were the nfl's worst team(the year led the league in carries and yards)

    Well the running game and defense has been the winning formula for Seattle the past 5 years.      Naturally I was being a bit of an ass but point being,  run first teams still have a place in the NFL.

  • @tacosman said:

    jacksonville won 1 stinking game.  When they handed the ball to MJD a lot and tried that approach they were the nfl's worst team(the year led the league in carries and yards)

    Well the running game and defense has been the winning formula for Seattle the past 5 years.      Naturally I was being a bit of an ass but point being,  run first teams still have a place in the NFL.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Well the running game and defense has been the winning formula for Seattle the past 5 years.      Naturally I was being a bit of an ass but point being,  run first teams still have a place in the NFL.

    well that takes a good OL and a RB with full field vision, physicality and speed.........and the browns....uh, no.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Well the running game and defense has been the winning formula for Seattle the past 5 years.      Naturally I was being a bit of an ass but point being,  run first teams still have a place in the NFL.

    well that takes a good OL and a RB with full field vision, physicality and speed.........and the browns....uh, no.

    @miktoxic said:

    well that takes a good OL and a RB with full field vision, physicality and speed.........and the browns....uh, no.

    The Seahawks have a good OL??

  • @miktoxic said:

    well that takes a good OL and a RB with full field vision, physicality and speed.........and the browns....uh, no.

    The Seahawks have a good OL??

    @londonbrown said:

    The Seahawks have a good OL??

    don't know.....don't care.......

    they prob have a good coach and good RBs.

    when do we give up on the crow and duke experiment? all i do know is our OL and RBs are not 'special' (see dallas)

  • Yeah I don't like Crowell much either 

  • Yeah I don't like Crowell much either 

    @londonbrown said:

    Yeah I don't like Crowell much either 

    mik and London-see my comment under "Team Grades"thread

  • Yeah I don't like Crowell much either 

    @londonbrown said:

    Yeah I don't like Crowell much either 

    He's not a Zeke Elliott, but serviceable. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yeah I don't like Crowell much either 

    He's not a Zeke Elliott, but serviceable. 

    @hoorta said:

    He's not a Zeke Elliott, but serviceable. 

    yeah as a fullback.

    when do you see that anymore in the NFL?

  • @londonbrown said:

    The Seahawks have a good OL??

    don't know.....don't care.......

    they prob have a good coach and good RBs.

    when do we give up on the crow and duke experiment? all i do know is our OL and RBs are not 'special' (see dallas)

    @miktoxic said:

    don't know.....don't care.......

    they prob have a good coach and good RBs.

    when do we give up on the crow and duke experiment? all i do know is our OL and RBs are not 'special' (see dallas)

    Actually, no, they have a bad OL and nothing to speak about at RB.  That is going to be a big problem for them.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yeah I don't like Crowell much either 

    He's not a Zeke Elliott, but serviceable. 

    @hoorta said:

    He's not a Zeke Elliott, but serviceable. 

    This...

    He's a decent runner, receiver and pass blocker... a/k/a a complete back. Problem is he is not an exceptional runner... is not blessed with exceptional vision.

  • Back in the day, used to know a guy who made big bets on sports a lot. He won a lot. We found out one day,

    playing airport field football with some guys we didn't know all that well, that he was making side bets,

    opposite of the bets he made with guys around our neck of the woods.
    So, he didn't lose money, and wasn't all that daring. He simply made the same bet on the same game, on one team with

    one guy, and the other team with some other guy. So, half the time he could brag on how daring and right he was,

    and he simply ignored the other half. It was a long while before we let him live that down. It's like bashing the Browns oline,

    rbs, qbs, then bragging on the Browns oline/rbs/qbs somewhere else, some other time.

    Yeah. "see? I TOLD YA I WAS RIGHT...I"M THE WINNER"

    baloney.

  • Tretter was garbage yesterday.....cant say I watch him specifically, but had no choice to notice when he was completely owned.....he's the sole reason for 2 of those sacks.....

    @mudfly said:

    Tretter was garbage yesterday.....cant say I watch him specifically, but had no choice to notice when he was completely owned.....he's the sole reason for 2 of those sacks.....

    I didn't notice that he was garbage...but I did notice that he wasn't all that good in the game.  However, he was STILL better than Erving ever was for us.

  • "Does Hue Panic"

    EN-the-fuck-OH.

  • @mudfly said:

    Tretter was garbage yesterday.....cant say I watch him specifically, but had no choice to notice when he was completely owned.....he's the sole reason for 2 of those sacks.....

    I didn't notice that he was garbage...but I did notice that he wasn't all that good in the game.  However, he was STILL better than Erving ever was for us.

    @orion said:

    I didn't notice that he was garbage...but I did notice that he wasn't all that good in the game.  However, he was STILL better than Erving ever was for us.

    Watch the Kizer all 22 and focus on C.....got pushed all over the field, all game long....play after play after play.....he was dominated.

  • Yeah.  I watched the 22.  Perhaps they can try Rittner.

  • Give Tretter some time. Mack did not look like his all-pro self the first half of 2015... and only started to the 2nd half. Really was not until his Falcon debut that he was fully back.

    And no... I'm not saying that Tretter is Mack. Just saying that returning to form from a leg injury can take longer than rehab time...

    EDIT Aside: Just saw where Alex is dealing with a back issue...

  • Give Tretter some time. Mack did not look like his all-pro self the first half of 2015... and only started to the 2nd half. Really was not until his Falcon debut that he was fully back.

    And no... I'm not saying that Tretter is Mack. Just saying that returning to form from a leg injury can take longer than rehab time...

    EDIT Aside: Just saw where Alex is dealing with a back issue...

    @tour2ma said:

    Give Tretter some time. Mack did not look like his all-pro self the first half of 2015... and only started to the 2nd half. Really was not until his Falcon debut that he was fully back.

    He's got all the time in the world.....not saying he wont work out....just saying he got owned in his debut. So, not very impressed with the start..... 

    Its worrisome with a new QB who experienced a LOT of pressure, due to Tretters backward game.....and the fact that this center thing has been an issue and Tretter was supposed to be the FA talent to correct that.....and he didnt even look close to good......or even ok.....

  • Mud, watch tape time at 3:42 with Tretter's assisted pancake on #50..than it was over..At 7:04 #79 takes Tretter to school & crushing the center pocket had begun (2nd qrt?)..May have to really watch Tretter's leg/other used parts in durability as game goes on..DT-Brandon Williams at 340 this week? Tia, you maybe right again in just 1 game