Skip to content

NFL struggles in LA

The Browns Board
87 20 2.7k
  • nah... stuck on CNBC... From 08:00 CDT until at least until Fast Money: Halftime Report is over.

    I'm working!

  • Any question about issues selling tickets for the Chargers in LA?   It's Wednesday and there are still tickets available for their home opener this Sunday in a stadium that only holds 27,000 people.  

  • The Rams couldn't even draw a decent crowd with $6 tickets for the home opener.

  • @d-bone said:

    Sounds like someone needs an avocado veggie burger topped with sprouts.......................... 

    another reason cali is gay.

    @miktoxic said:

    another reason cali is gay.

    Besides CA ridiculous laws. CA is awesome. Why so much hate??

  • @miktoxic said:

    another reason cali is gay.

    Besides CA ridiculous laws. CA is awesome. Why so much hate??

    @alkid3 said:

    Why so much hate??

    How much time do you have? 😉

  • @mark-o said:

    LA didn't need or really want 1 team let alone 2.  The Rams at least have some sort of following but for the 500th time, the Raiders are the most popular team in LA.  The Rams are a distant 2nd and the Chargers aren't even in the race.  Wait till that little soccer stadium is filled with fans of the opposing team to watch the Chargers.

    Including Browns fans in December?

    @the-gipper said:

    Including Browns fans in December?

    fucking right

  • ... you forgot "Bubba"...

  • @alkid3 said:

    Why so much hate??

    How much time do you have? 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    How much time do you have? 😉

    I have time. ?

  • @boo-fagley said:

    They had drive thru liquor stores. 

    Drive-thru Liquor Stores? Hell we had drive-thru bars... still have one in my town.

  • And now that damn liar has traded away  our shiny brand new see through solar paneled 40 foot wall. 

    SECEDE! 😆

  • L.A. didn't want an NFL team there...the NFL wanted a team there.

    @canton-dawg said:

    L.A. didn't want an NFL team there...the NFL wanted a team there.

    Look at the USA top 10 cities (2010/2012 numbers), all big NFL, MLB, NBA cities but two....did the NFL try to force the fit and it backfired? 

    1
    New York City; New York
    8,175,133
    8,336,697
    161,564
    2
    Los Angeles; California
    3,792,621
    3,857,799
    65,178
    3
    Chicago; Illinois
    2,695,598
    2,714,856
    19,258
    4
    Houston; Texas
    2,099,451
    2,160,821
    61,370
    5
    Philadelphia; Pennsylvania
    1,526,006
    1,547,607
    21,601
    6
    Phoenix; Arizona
    1,445,632
    1,488,750
    43,118
    7
    San Antonio; Texas
    1,327,407
    1,382,951
    55,544
    8
    San Diego; California
    1,307,402
    1,338,348
    30,946
    9
    Dallas; Texas
    1,197,816
    1,241,162
    43,346
    10
    San Jose; California
    945,942
    982,765
    36,82

    Oh FYI of the top 50 cities only two had population decreases from 2010 to 2012 Cleveland and Detroit. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Texas has been threatening to succeed for decades. Texans really look down on the rest of us.

    in 1979 when Yankees like me were moving there in droves, they wanted to pull the trigger on succeeding to keep us out. Texas really is its own little country. When I was there it was perfectly legal to drink and drive with a gun in the vehicle, you just could not drive drunk. They had drive thru liquor stores. 

    We haven't just been threatening to "succeed."

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Texas has been threatening to succeed for decades. Texans really look down on the rest of us.

    in 1979 when Yankees like me were moving there in droves, they wanted to pull the trigger on succeeding to keep us out. Texas really is its own little country. When I was there it was perfectly legal to drink and drive with a gun in the vehicle, you just could not drive drunk. They had drive thru liquor stores. 

    We haven't just been threatening to "succeed."

    @wargograw said:

    We haven't just been threatening to "succeed."

    LOL!😆

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Texas has been threatening to succeed for decades. Texans really look down on the rest of us.

    in 1979 when Yankees like me were moving there in droves, they wanted to pull the trigger on succeeding to keep us out. Texas really is its own little country. When I was there it was perfectly legal to drink and drive with a gun in the vehicle, you just could not drive drunk. They had drive thru liquor stores. 

    We haven't just been threatening to "succeed."

    @boo-fagley said:

    Ice houses are still around too.

    Hell to the yeah! But even Ohio has those...

    Memo to self: Develop Drive-thru Car Wash/Ice House combo concept...

    @wargograw said:

    We haven't just been threatening to "succeed."

    I seeeeeeeeee what you did there...

  • drive-thru liquor stores!!!

    god bless america!! 

    and fuck you commie scumbags!!!!!!!!

  • @boo-fagley said:

    They had drive thru liquor stores. 

    Drive-thru Liquor Stores? Hell we had drive-thru bars... still have one in my town.

    @tour2ma said:

    Drive-thru Liquor Stores? Hell we had drive-thru bars... still have one in my town.

    Shit, I'm putting the house up for sale and moving ASAP!

  • @canton-dawg said:

    L.A. didn't want an NFL team there...the NFL wanted a team there.

    Look at the USA top 10 cities (2010/2012 numbers), all big NFL, MLB, NBA cities but two....did the NFL try to force the fit and it backfired? 

    1
    New York City; New York
    8,175,133
    8,336,697
    161,564
    2
    Los Angeles; California
    3,792,621
    3,857,799
    65,178
    3
    Chicago; Illinois
    2,695,598
    2,714,856
    19,258
    4
    Houston; Texas
    2,099,451
    2,160,821
    61,370
    5
    Philadelphia; Pennsylvania
    1,526,006
    1,547,607
    21,601
    6
    Phoenix; Arizona
    1,445,632
    1,488,750
    43,118
    7
    San Antonio; Texas
    1,327,407
    1,382,951
    55,544
    8
    San Diego; California
    1,307,402
    1,338,348
    30,946
    9
    Dallas; Texas
    1,197,816
    1,241,162
    43,346
    10
    San Jose; California
    945,942
    982,765
    36,82

    Oh FYI of the top 50 cities only two had population decreases from 2010 to 2012 Cleveland and Detroit. 

    @mjp28 said:

    Look at the USA top 10 cities (2010/2012 numbers), all big NFL, MLB, NBA cities but two....did the NFL try to force the fit and it backfired? 

    1
    New York City; New York
    8,175,133
    8,336,697
    161,564
    2
    Los Angeles; California
    3,792,621
    3,857,799
    65,178
    3
    Chicago; Illinois
    2,695,598
    2,714,856
    19,258
    4
    Houston; Texas
    2,099,451
    2,160,821
    61,370
    5
    Philadelphia; Pennsylvania
    1,526,006
    1,547,607
    21,601
    6
    Phoenix; Arizona
    1,445,632
    1,488,750
    43,118
    7
    San Antonio; Texas
    1,327,407
    1,382,951
    55,544
    8
    San Diego; California
    1,307,402
    1,338,348
    30,946
    9
    Dallas; Texas
    1,197,816
    1,241,162
    43,346
    10
    San Jose; California
    945,942
    982,765
    36,82

    Oh FYI of the top 50 cities only two had population decreases from 2010 to 2012 Cleveland and Detroit. 

    Oh....the NFL most definitely tried (and succeeded) to force the fit.   Though I guess they could have gotten nowhere with that if they did not have an owner (Kroenke) who was willing to put up most of the money to build the stadium....in the belief that he will make a pile more money from it.    I suspect that the state of California said nyet when it came to putting in money.  And correct me if I am wrong....the new stadium ibeing built  is not actually in the City of Los Angeles proper...but in some suburb. Ergo I suspect that the city/county didn't contribute much to the stadium.

    But, I guess it is a fair deal for LA......they just got named host of the 2028 Summer Olympics....and that Stadium is supposed to be a prime venue.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Look at the USA top 10 cities (2010/2012 numbers), all big NFL, MLB, NBA cities but two....did the NFL try to force the fit and it backfired? 

    1
    New York City; New York
    8,175,133
    8,336,697
    161,564
    2
    Los Angeles; California
    3,792,621
    3,857,799
    65,178
    3
    Chicago; Illinois
    2,695,598
    2,714,856
    19,258
    4
    Houston; Texas
    2,099,451
    2,160,821
    61,370
    5
    Philadelphia; Pennsylvania
    1,526,006
    1,547,607
    21,601
    6
    Phoenix; Arizona
    1,445,632
    1,488,750
    43,118
    7
    San Antonio; Texas
    1,327,407
    1,382,951
    55,544
    8
    San Diego; California
    1,307,402
    1,338,348
    30,946
    9
    Dallas; Texas
    1,197,816
    1,241,162
    43,346
    10
    San Jose; California
    945,942
    982,765
    36,82

    Oh FYI of the top 50 cities only two had population decreases from 2010 to 2012 Cleveland and Detroit. 

    Oh....the NFL most definitely tried (and succeeded) to force the fit.   Though I guess they could have gotten nowhere with that if they did not have an owner (Kroenke) who was willing to put up most of the money to build the stadium....in the belief that he will make a pile more money from it.    I suspect that the state of California said nyet when it came to putting in money.  And correct me if I am wrong....the new stadium ibeing built  is not actually in the City of Los Angeles proper...but in some suburb. Ergo I suspect that the city/county didn't contribute much to the stadium.

    But, I guess it is a fair deal for LA......they just got named host of the 2028 Summer Olympics....and that Stadium is supposed to be a prime venue.

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh....the NFL most definitely tried (and succeeded) to force the fit.   Though I guess they could have gotten nowhere with that if they did not have an owner (Kroenke) who was willing to put up most of the money to build the stadium....in the belief that he will make a pile more money from it.    I suspect that the state of California said nyet when it came to putting in money.  And correct me if I am wrong....the new stadium ibeing built  is not actually in the City of Los Angeles proper...but in some suburb. Ergo I suspect that the city/county didn't contribute much to the stadium.

    But, I guess it is a fair deal for LA......they just got named host of the 2028 Summer Olympics....and that Stadium is supposed to be a prime venue.

    ur such the attorney. i'll let u know when i need ur help after shooting commies..........and a bunch of cunts.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Look at the USA top 10 cities (2010/2012 numbers), all big NFL, MLB, NBA cities but two....did the NFL try to force the fit and it backfired? 

    1
    New York City; New York
    8,175,133
    8,336,697
    161,564
    2
    Los Angeles; California
    3,792,621
    3,857,799
    65,178
    3
    Chicago; Illinois
    2,695,598
    2,714,856
    19,258
    4
    Houston; Texas
    2,099,451
    2,160,821
    61,370
    5
    Philadelphia; Pennsylvania
    1,526,006
    1,547,607
    21,601
    6
    Phoenix; Arizona
    1,445,632
    1,488,750
    43,118
    7
    San Antonio; Texas
    1,327,407
    1,382,951
    55,544
    8
    San Diego; California
    1,307,402
    1,338,348
    30,946
    9
    Dallas; Texas
    1,197,816
    1,241,162
    43,346
    10
    San Jose; California
    945,942
    982,765
    36,82

    Oh FYI of the top 50 cities only two had population decreases from 2010 to 2012 Cleveland and Detroit. 

    Oh....the NFL most definitely tried (and succeeded) to force the fit.   Though I guess they could have gotten nowhere with that if they did not have an owner (Kroenke) who was willing to put up most of the money to build the stadium....in the belief that he will make a pile more money from it.    I suspect that the state of California said nyet when it came to putting in money.  And correct me if I am wrong....the new stadium ibeing built  is not actually in the City of Los Angeles proper...but in some suburb. Ergo I suspect that the city/county didn't contribute much to the stadium.

    But, I guess it is a fair deal for LA......they just got named host of the 2028 Summer Olympics....and that Stadium is supposed to be a prime venue.

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh....the NFL most definitely tried (and succeeded) to force the fit.   Though I guess they could have gotten nowhere with that if they did not have an owner (Kroenke) who was willing to put up most of the money to build the stadium....in the belief that he will make a pile more money from it.    I suspect that the state of California said nyet when it came to putting in money.  And correct me if I am wrong....the new stadium ibeing built  is not actually in the City of Los Angeles proper...but in some suburb. Ergo I suspect that the city/county didn't contribute much to the stadium.

    But, I guess it is a fair deal for LA......they just got named host of the 2028 Summer Olympics....and that Stadium is supposed to be a prime venue.

    The stadium will be a huge venue for the Olympics.  Kronke paid for most of the stadium as I understand it but then also got some concessions from the league in exchange for giving them office space there and the NFL combine will be held in LA once the stadium is done and there will be other events as well.   The new stadium is in Inglewood, right near the Forum (where the Lakers and Kings used to play before Staples center) and its about a 10 minute drive from the airport.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Oh....the NFL most definitely tried (and succeeded) to force the fit.   Though I guess they could have gotten nowhere with that if they did not have an owner (Kroenke) who was willing to put up most of the money to build the stadium....in the belief that he will make a pile more money from it.    I suspect that the state of California said nyet when it came to putting in money.  And correct me if I am wrong....the new stadium ibeing built  is not actually in the City of Los Angeles proper...but in some suburb. Ergo I suspect that the city/county didn't contribute much to the stadium.

    But, I guess it is a fair deal for LA......they just got named host of the 2028 Summer Olympics....and that Stadium is supposed to be a prime venue.

    The stadium will be a huge venue for the Olympics.  Kronke paid for most of the stadium as I understand it but then also got some concessions from the league in exchange for giving them office space there and the NFL combine will be held in LA once the stadium is done and there will be other events as well.   The new stadium is in Inglewood, right near the Forum (where the Lakers and Kings used to play before Staples center) and its about a 10 minute drive from the airport.

    @mark-o said:

    The stadium will be a huge venue for the Olympics.  Kronke paid for most of the stadium as I understand it but then also got some concessions from the league in exchange for giving them office space there and the NFL combine will be held in LA once the stadium is done and there will be other events as well.   The new stadium is in Inglewood, right near the Forum (where the Lakers and Kings used to play before Staples center) and its about a 10 minute drive from the airport.

    nowhere near Compton........hmmmmmmm.

    sanctuary state.