Skip to content

Who was the best defensive player on the browns last sunday?

The Browns Board
54 15 1.5k
  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Schobert was the best defensive player on the browns this past sunday leading the team with 9 tacks and having a pass deflection. Unfortunately his pass delfection was caught for 50 yards but thats right time right place type stuff.

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I thought Kindred stood out even without the interception.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I noticed Shobert & Kindred (as has been said).

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I Cheat...I got to give a whole front 4 vote..If you look at where the tackles came from? They came in Quick & Clean From everywhere..LB,FS,CB & even the Double S Kindred when they decided to leave Peppers on his own 3 miles off island 😮    

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Based upon the original, "live" viewing... I think I have to go with Schobert... but your MLB should draw most of your attention.

  • I Cheat...I got to give a whole front 4 vote..If you look at where the tackles came from? They came in Quick & Clean From everywhere..LB,FS,CB & even the Double S Kindred when they decided to leave Peppers on his own 3 miles off island 😮    

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @gumby73 said:

     they decided to leave Peppers on his own 3 miles off island 😮    

    But wasn't he most effective in college playing close to the LOS?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    So far it's a tie between Schobert and Calhoun for me.  

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #10

    The referees.

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    so just as I feared, I was going to compare glass garrett's game to TJ Watts game, you know the #1 overall picks stats against the #30 overall picks stats and all that sob did was get Defensive player of the week. Fuck you glass garrett.

  • so just as I feared, I was going to compare glass garrett's game to TJ Watts game, you know the #1 overall picks stats against the #30 overall picks stats and all that sob did was get Defensive player of the week. Fuck you glass garrett.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @topdawg31 said:

    so just as I feared, I was going to compare glass garrett's game to TJ Watts game, you know the #1 overall picks stats against the #30 overall picks stats and all that sob did was get Defensive player of the week. Fuck you glass garrett.

    His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes. I watched tj and he's a heck of a player, but he's not garett. If ben held the ball as long as kizer did our guys would have had 10 sacks. Our pass rush without garrett was in bens face for 3 quarters. Steelers edge rushers got to kizer after the normal timer which is 3-4 seconds, so im not gonna get excited about sacks that happened 7-10 seconds after the snap. 

  • @gumby73 said:

     they decided to leave Peppers on his own 3 miles off island 😮    

    But wasn't he most effective in college playing close to the LOS?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @orion said:

    But wasn't he most effective in college playing close to the LOS?

    O, am stuck in ACC country as a Buckeye Nut..so I did not watch a lot of Peppers games..His Pre-draft stuff I watched would say your right, more of a read LB Rover that would come or would drop into hot read coverage? I liked how Williams used Peppers..Seemed to keep Ben's eyes settling underneath? The Flacco plan has always included a couple "throw it up deep"..Guess will'll see if Peppers can hunt some down..      

  • @topdawg31 said:

    so just as I feared, I was going to compare glass garrett's game to TJ Watts game, you know the #1 overall picks stats against the #30 overall picks stats and all that sob did was get Defensive player of the week. Fuck you glass garrett.

    His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes. I watched tj and he's a heck of a player, but he's not garett. If ben held the ball as long as kizer did our guys would have had 10 sacks. Our pass rush without garrett was in bens face for 3 quarters. Steelers edge rushers got to kizer after the normal timer which is 3-4 seconds, so im not gonna get excited about sacks that happened 7-10 seconds after the snap. 

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @clevfan4life said:

    His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes. I watched tj and he's a heck of a player, but he's not garett. If ben held the ball as long as kizer did our guys would have had 10 sacks. Our pass rush without garrett was in bens face for 3 quarters. Steelers edge rushers got to kizer after the normal timer which is 3-4 seconds, so im not gonna get excited about sacks that happened 7-10 seconds after the snap. 

    he still got player of the week what did glass garrett get? nothing not a fucking thing and that's probably how his whole season will go.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    so just as I feared, I was going to compare glass garrett's game to TJ Watts game, you know the #1 overall picks stats against the #30 overall picks stats and all that sob did was get Defensive player of the week. Fuck you glass garrett.

    His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes. I watched tj and he's a heck of a player, but he's not garett. If ben held the ball as long as kizer did our guys would have had 10 sacks. Our pass rush without garrett was in bens face for 3 quarters. Steelers edge rushers got to kizer after the normal timer which is 3-4 seconds, so im not gonna get excited about sacks that happened 7-10 seconds after the snap. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @clevfan4life said:

    His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes. I watched tj and he's a heck of a player, but he's not garett. If ben held the ball as long as kizer did our guys would have had 10 sacks. Our pass rush without garrett was in bens face for 3 quarters. Steelers edge rushers got to kizer after the normal timer which is 3-4 seconds, so im not gonna get excited about sacks that happened 7-10 seconds after the snap. 

    So wait..............you say that Kizer holds the fucking ball too long as a way to say the the Steelers edge rusher ( WHo is FAR FAR FAR better than Garrett) and this is good.

    HOWEVER............... I say ( I said BEFORE THE DRAFT) that Kizer hols the fucking ball too long............... and I am trolling?

    WTF is wrong with Browns fans?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes. I watched tj and he's a heck of a player, but he's not garett. If ben held the ball as long as kizer did our guys would have had 10 sacks. Our pass rush without garrett was in bens face for 3 quarters. Steelers edge rushers got to kizer after the normal timer which is 3-4 seconds, so im not gonna get excited about sacks that happened 7-10 seconds after the snap. 

    he still got player of the week what did glass garrett get? nothing not a fucking thing and that's probably how his whole season will go.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @topdawg31 said:

    he still got player of the week what did glass garrett get? nothing not a fucking thing and that's probably how his whole season will go.

    Just remember what the Ghoolie said.................. Garrett was the worst waste of a #1 #1 pick imaginable. Garrett is not only fraglie, but he is effeminate, honestly, he is most likely a homosexual who doesn't like to hit players, but rather grab them and wrestle them to the ground. The mere fact that the Steelers chose Watt shoudl make Browns fans puke, because it means he is a better player. The Browns simply do not out draft the Steelers. Watt is better? Sure,,,he has sacks,  our guy is nursing his badly waxed vagina.

    Garrett reminds me of a well musicled, sissy type that you would see teaching Zumba classes. Like this guy.

    Garrett.jpg

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Watt tested about on par with Garrett physically and he was not injury prone 

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #18

    So Watt will never get hurt?  Garrett will always be hurt?  Is this from tarot cards or a medical forecasting model?  Hmmmmm

    Week 1

  • @topdawg31 said:

    so just as I feared, I was going to compare glass garrett's game to TJ Watts game, you know the #1 overall picks stats against the #30 overall picks stats and all that sob did was get Defensive player of the week. Fuck you glass garrett.

    His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes. I watched tj and he's a heck of a player, but he's not garett. If ben held the ball as long as kizer did our guys would have had 10 sacks. Our pass rush without garrett was in bens face for 3 quarters. Steelers edge rushers got to kizer after the normal timer which is 3-4 seconds, so im not gonna get excited about sacks that happened 7-10 seconds after the snap. 

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by StinkHole
    #19

    @clevfan4life said:

    His sacks were on kizer holding the ball for 10 minutes.

    Uttter garbage.  Watts first sack took roughly 3 seconds, his second was 7.

    The rookie also performed well against Joe Thomas...once hip flipping Thomas to the turf.

  • So far it's a tie between Schobert and Calhoun for me.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tiamat63 said:

    So far it's a tie between Schobert and Calhoun for me.  

    Agree

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Kindred was a pleasant surprise, he was very "active"  - and his fellow 2016 4th round counterpart Schobert played great. Claiming Boddy-Calhoun last year was a great decision.

    Lots of good on the defense overall, looking forward to seeing Garrett added to the mix.

    Seems like Ogbah was awfully quiet, besides the play where Ben tried to twist his ankles

  • Watt tested about on par with Garrett physically and he was not injury prone 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Watt tested about on par with Garrett physically and he was not injury prone 

    Ummm... no.

    Height, 40 time and splits, and standing broad jump were comparable... and TJ actually edged Myles in the 10-yd split (1.59 to 1.64). Everything else is heavily in Myles' favor...

    And everything equals: bench (33-21), vertical (41-37) and 3-cone (4.57-4.76). Plus there's weight (272-252) and arm-length (35.25-33.125).

    Injury-wise TJ appeared in all of 22 games at Wisconsin and only started his final year. So I have no idea on his injury history... and neither do you. But we know Garrett's... 3-year starter... 34 games... missed one start.

    Data's a bitch ain't it?

    @stinkhole said:

    The rookie also performed well against Joe Thomas...once hip flipping Thomas to the turf.

    So you're saying TJ held Joe... I'll look for that when I grade our OL.