Skip to content

Is It Time To Promote Dayes?

The Browns Board
26 15 1.1k
  • I want to see Dayes durability running in-between the NFL Tackles not college.Duke did not seem to have it. Crow just seems blind & Clumsy but is more of a physical runner with more durability as a banger with good ball protection. 2 weird thoughts..#1. Zona's RB-David Johnson , broken wrist out till Oct/Nov...If SB does not see things working out Again with Rosenhaus? (i don't) Why not now with Zona, b4 trade deadline? Were not going anywhere.. I would think Zona would value Crow higher at this point now..Yes Johnson will return but have you ever had a broken wrist returning to football? Rent a player that's going FA anyhow? #2. I liked the way Terrance McGee ran during pre-season anywho if Crow Flys. Now that RB-Danny Woodhead is done for season with Ravens I got no clue why Ravens have not stole McGee back from our PS?...SSHhhh..   

    @gumby73 said:

    ... weird thoughts..#1. Zona's RB-David Johnson , broken wrist out till Oct/Nov...If SB does not see things working out Again with Rosenhaus? (i don't) Why not now with Zona, b4 trade deadline?   

    Doesn't AZ run the ZBS? Crow really sucks at that.

    We need some QB under Center, I-formation smash-mouth shit... Let Vitale find the hole, hit what's in it and tell Crow to cut off his ass.

    K.I.S.S.

  • @gumby73 said:

    ... weird thoughts..#1. Zona's RB-David Johnson , broken wrist out till Oct/Nov...If SB does not see things working out Again with Rosenhaus? (i don't) Why not now with Zona, b4 trade deadline?   

    Doesn't AZ run the ZBS? Crow really sucks at that.

    We need some QB under Center, I-formation smash-mouth shit... Let Vitale find the hole, hit what's in it and tell Crow to cut off his ass.

    K.I.S.S.

    @tour2ma said:

    Doesn't AZ run the ZBS? Crow really sucks at that.

    We need some QB under Center, I-formation smash-mouth shit... Let Vitale find the hole, hit what's in it and tell Crow to cut off his ass.

    K.I.S.S.

    Follow the fullback, keeps Crow from thinking too much.  

  • I didn't see too many runs with a leading fullback last game? I think with our Oline and a good run blocking fullback that we could have some success. But we need to impose our will and push the Defense around just a little to get their attention. Smash mouth football a few times a quarter will help to open them up I'd think. 🙂 

  • I didn't see too many runs with a leading fullback last game? I think with our Oline and a good run blocking fullback that we could have some success. But we need to impose our will and push the Defense around just a little to get their attention. Smash mouth football a few times a quarter will help to open them up I'd think. 🙂 

    @poeticg said:

    I didn't see too many runs with a leading fullback last game?

    ... and I can't remember seeing Kizer under Center much...

  • Kizer did follow Vitale to endzone for TD..So I like the "Tour de Tia" plan next with Crow.

  • We've played one game.

    ...just wanna point that out.

  • That's like saying the Steelers should give up on Bell since he did nothing against Browns D. It's one game. I like Dayes though. Plays well.

  • We're comparing Crowell's resume to Le'Veon Bell's now? 

    It isn't just this game that indicts Crowell.

  • Remember the saying that RBs are a dime a dozen or always available in the lower rounds of the draft? Might not be true everytime plus the OL has some influence here, keep Crow, promote Dayes is that a short or long term fix? We'll see on all of that I guess.

  • We're comparing Crowell's resume to Le'Veon Bell's now? 

    It isn't just this game that indicts Crowell.

    @wargograw said:

    We're comparing Crowell's resume to Le'Veon Bell's now? 

    It isn't just this game that indicts Crowell.

    Yep, Zombie Apocalypse is Nigh. War and I have another agreement.😁

  • Remember the saying that RBs are a dime a dozen or always available in the lower rounds of the draft? Might not be true everytime plus the OL has some influence here, keep Crow, promote Dayes is that a short or long term fix? We'll see on all of that I guess.

    @mjp28 said:

    Remember the saying that RBs are a dime a dozen or always available in the lower rounds of the draft? Might not be true everytime plus the OL has some influence here, keep Crow, promote Dayes is that a short or long term fix? We'll see on all of that I guess.

    And remember where we got Crow....wasn't he a UDFA?  Or  a very late round pick.

  • @wargograw said:

    We're comparing Crowell's resume to Le'Veon Bell's now? 

    It isn't just this game that indicts Crowell.

    Yep, Zombie Apocalypse is Nigh. War and I have another agreement.😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep, Zombie Apocalypse is Nigh. War and I have another agreement.😁

    Is that anything like the Zombo Apocalypse?    (or does that just hit Naples Fla.?)🙄

  • @mjp28 said:

    Remember the saying that RBs are a dime a dozen or always available in the lower rounds of the draft? Might not be true everytime plus the OL has some influence here, keep Crow, promote Dayes is that a short or long term fix? We'll see on all of that I guess.

    And remember where we got Crow....wasn't he a UDFA?  Or  a very late round pick.

    @the-gipper said:

    And remember where we got Crow....wasn't he a UDFA?  Or  a very late round pick.

    UDFA, though considered a good pick up for a UDFA. 

  • i'd keep Crowell just based on his hype video

  • i'd keep Crowell just based on his hype video

    @browns1216 said:

    i'd keep Crowell just based on his hype video

    We could use a lot of that this Sunday.