Skip to content

2018 QB Draft Class

The Browns Board
84 23 2.2k
  • Josh Allen's offense does him zero favors regarding his future in the NFL. The overwhelming amount of passes I saw him throw against Iowa was within 5 yards of the LOS. It was almost laughable.

  • Top QB's

    Mason Rudolph
    Luke Falk
    Sam Darnold
    Lamar Jackson
    Baker Mayfield
    Josh Rosen
    Josh Allen
    Jake Browning

    Any thoughts on these QB's

    Yes i realise its too early to be kicking kizer out of cleveland but we spent a mid 2nd rounder on him so its not enough of an investment to discount taking a QB in the first if he performs only average.

    Personally i advocate Falk but mayfield looked damn good at the shoe

    After the games tonight i'll update the listings to show season stats

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Any thoughts on these QB's

    Have a thread going in the College section if you care to look...

  • After 3 games

    Mason Rudolph (6-5, 230) (SR)
    72% 68-94 ,1135 yds, 11 tds, 1 int and 3 sacks

    Luke Falk (6-4, 223)(SR)
    77% 94-122, 900 yds, 9 tds. 1 int and 7 sacks

    Sam Darnold (6-4,220)(SO)
    67% 72-108, 1002 yds, 7 tds, 6 ints and 6 sacks

    Lamar Jackson (6-3,211)(JR)
    59% 76-127, 1088 yds, 8 tds,1 ints and 6 sacks

    Baker Mayfield (6-1,220)(SR)
    76% 63-82, 1046 yds,10 tds,0 ints and 4 sacks

    Josh Rosen (6-4,218)(JR)
    65% 91-140,1283 yds, 13 tds, 2 ints and 6 sacks

    Josh Allen (6-5,233)(JR)
    56% 54-96, 566 yds, 2 tds, 3 ints and 5 sacks

    Jake Browning (6-2,210)(JR)
    74% 58-78, 798 yds, 8 tds, 1 ints and 1 sack


    Allen is off to the roughest start of the season Baker Mayfield appears to be off to the best start of the season

    Really does look like all the reports of it being the year of the QB are true

  • How many QBs will Hugh fail to develop - and the Browns fail to draft - until a blind squirrel finds an acorn?

    Kizer doesn't develop and Hugh should be shown the door.

  • Rosen kid is a bust and an asshole, stay away from him. He's the closest to Ryan Leaf or Johnny Manziel we could get.

  • Rosen kid is a bust and an asshole, stay away from him. He's the closest to Ryan Leaf or Johnny Manziel we could get.

    @stillmotion said:

    Rosen kid is a bust and an asshole, stay away from him. He's the closest to Ryan Leaf or Johnny Manziel we could get.

    So take him @ #22?😉

  • @boo-fagley said:

    It seems like Sashi Brown set himself up if Kizer does not work out. He did not reach for a QB last draft even though Cleveland needed one bad. He only spent a 2nd round pick which is still high, but a hell of lot better than past QB selections.

    Five draft picks in the first two rounds.

    If Kizer gives the Browns any pause on his long term ability to be the Browns franchise QB, I think the Browns go all out to get their QB next draft.

  • I think your right! This year supposed to be a deep qb class. But who would we take assuming we have the number 1 pick again? Through performance or trades.

    Rudolph? Rosen? Mayfield? Darnold or Falk?

  • I think your right! This year supposed to be a deep qb class. But who would we take assuming we have the number 1 pick again? Through performance or trades.

    Rudolph? Rosen? Mayfield? Darnold or Falk?

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Rudolph? Rosen? Mayfield? Darnold or Falk?

    No. No. No. Maybe. Dunno... Allen? And don't forget Fitzgerald...

  • Darnold Darnold Darnold Darnold.....................

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    Rudolph? Rosen? Mayfield? Darnold or Falk?

    No. No. No. Maybe. Dunno... Allen? And don't forget Fitzgerald...

    @tour2ma said:

    No. No. No. Maybe. Dunno... Allen? And don't forget Fitzgerald...

    I'm not impressed with how this is supposed to be a 'great' QB draft class but seriously though, are we seeing two different things with Mason Rudolph?

  • STOP the draft talk, there's 14 games to go. 

  • I think a general rule of thumb should be "if you can't spell someone's name correctly, your opinion of him is invalid".

    It would weed out about 65% of the shitty Retarded hot takes around here.

  • @tour2ma said:

    No. No. No. Maybe. Dunno... Allen? And don't forget Fitzgerald...

    I'm not impressed with how this is supposed to be a 'great' QB draft class but seriously though, are we seeing two different things with Mason Rudolph?

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm not impressed with how this is supposed to be a 'great' QB draft class but seriously though, are we seeing two different things with Mason Rudolph?

    lol... more chops busting than anything else at this point, tia (as I did with the Big 12 comment the other day). I haven't seen a single snap by Mason this season, but have not been impressed in past seasons.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'm not impressed with how this is supposed to be a 'great' QB draft class but seriously though, are we seeing two different things with Mason Rudolph?

    lol... more chops busting than anything else at this point, tia (as I did with the Big 12 comment the other day). I haven't seen a single snap by Mason this season, but have not been impressed in past seasons.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... more chops busting than anything else at this point, tia (as I did with the Big 12 comment the other day). I haven't seen a single snap by Mason this season, but have not been impressed in past seasons.

    Yeah i caught the b12 QB comment and laughed. Mainly because, for the most part, I agree.  

    I didn't like Mason last year but the sample size I've seen so far in 2017 is slowly beginning to change my mind. 

  • Browning Allen and Falk are the three best quarterback sounding surnames.

    But seriously I'm assuming those are in no particular order? Josh Allen just had a little bit of a setback.

    WSS

  • I think a general rule of thumb should be "if you can't spell someone's name correctly, your opinion of him is invalid".

    It would weed out about 65% of the shitty Retarded hot takes around here.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think a general rule of thumb should be "if you can't spell someone's name correctly, your opinion of him is invalid".

    It would weed out about 65% of the shitty Retarded hot takes around here.

    Only if we can grandfather Gumby in. 

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think a general rule of thumb should be "if you can't spell someone's name correctly, your opinion of him is invalid".

    It would weed out about 65% of the shitty Retarded hot takes around here.

    Only if we can grandfather Gumby in. 

    @wargograw said:

    Only if we can grandfather Gumby in. 

    he gets a pass because half time time nobody knows what he's saying anyway

  • Only took two games before this thread started what was the over under?