2018 QB Draft Class
-
@boo-fagley said:
Exactly right.
It sucks that this season might be hard to watch with expectations so high. But Sashi is a good GM and I believe he has his eye on a 2018 QB. Good things are ahead.
Lol.
Of course if I had his job we would have Mitch trubisky learning from Josh McCown with Malik Hooker and OJ Howard.
WSS
-
@boo-fagley said:
Exactly right.
It sucks that this season might be hard to watch with expectations so high. But Sashi is a good GM and I believe he has his eye on a 2018 QB. Good things are ahead.
Lol.
Of course if I had his job we would have Mitch trubisky learning from Josh McCown with Malik Hooker and OJ Howard.
WSS
Lol.
Of course if I had his job we would have Mitch trubisky learning from Josh McCown with Malik Hooker and OJ Howard.
WSS
You mentioned this....but I am still not sure how that could have worked out. I think the Browns could only have gotten two of them. They could have taken MT at #1, then Hooker with like #10 or so....But: In order to get 3 first round picks the Browns had to trade down in round one to get Peppers, then back up again to get Njoku.
Don't think it could have worked to get the three you mention.
-
Baker Mayfield looks awesome so far. He put his foot straight up the Buckeyes' ass. I haven't seen much NCAAF this season cuz I'm busy on Saturdays, but from the HL's, Rosen and Mayfield seem to be playing the best.
Mayfield seems better at eluding defenses than the cops
Baker Mayfield looks awesome so far. He put his foot straight up the Buckeyes' ass. I haven't seen much NCAAF this season cuz I'm busy on Saturdays, but from the HL's, Rosen and Mayfield seem to be playing the best.
Mayfield seems better at eluding defenses than the cops
OU is my favorite college team but Mayfield's skill set will not translate to NFL success but darn good college QB
-
Baker Mayfield looks awesome so far. He put his foot straight up the Buckeyes' ass. I haven't seen much NCAAF this season cuz I'm busy on Saturdays, but from the HL's, Rosen and Mayfield seem to be playing the best.
Mayfield seems better at eluding defenses than the cops
OU is my favorite college team but Mayfield's skill set will not translate to NFL success but darn good college QB
... Mayfield's skill set will not translate to NFL success but darn good college QB
I somewhat feel the same. I see Mayfield and I see a sober, more dedicated, more disciplined JFF. Those three modifiers give him a chance, a better chance, but his odds are not great.
-
... Mayfield's skill set will not translate to NFL success but darn good college QB
I somewhat feel the same. I see Mayfield and I see a sober, more dedicated, more disciplined JFF. Those three modifiers give him a chance, a better chance, but his odds are not great.
I somewhat feel the same. I see Mayfield and I see a sober, more dedicated, more disciplined JFF. Those three modifiers give him a chance, a better chance, but his odds are not great.
I mean, when JT Barrett stomped all over Oklahoma.....doing basically the same things that Mayfield does, no one touted him to become a good NFL QB. Barrett has as much skill as Mayfield. And neither, in my opinion, would make a good NFL QB.
-
... Mayfield's skill set will not translate to NFL success but darn good college QB
I somewhat feel the same. I see Mayfield and I see a sober, more dedicated, more disciplined JFF. Those three modifiers give him a chance, a better chance, but his odds are not great.
-
Yeah. Mayfield sober. Lol
-
sober?
Has he had issues there? Not that I have heard...but then, I don't pay much attention to him really.
I mean...is he another "May Day in Moscow" guy?
-
Only if drunkenly running from the police and being a general all around tool counts as issues.
-
Only if drunkenly running from the police and being a general all around tool counts as issues.
Only if drunkenly running from the police and being a general all around tool counts as issues.
He may not be leading the parade, but it sounds like he at least has one foot in Red Square.
-
Re: Kurt.
Had my curiosity. Now he has my attention.
-
Who’s Kurt?
-
Who’s Kurt?
-
Kurt Benkert: QB - UVA.
Tour is onto something with this kid.
-
Lol.
Of course if I had his job we would have Mitch trubisky learning from Josh McCown with Malik Hooker and OJ Howard.
WSS
You mentioned this....but I am still not sure how that could have worked out. I think the Browns could only have gotten two of them. They could have taken MT at #1, then Hooker with like #10 or so....But: In order to get 3 first round picks the Browns had to trade down in round one to get Peppers, then back up again to get Njoku.
Don't think it could have worked to get the three you mention.
You mentioned this....but I am still not sure how that could have worked out. I think the Browns could only have gotten two of them. They could have taken MT at #1, then Hooker with like #10 or so....But: In order to get 3 first round picks the Browns had to trade down in round one to get Peppers, then back up again to get Njoku.
Don't think it could have worked to get the three you mention.
Possibly. But even in the worst case scenario we would have a starting quarterback capable of winning in the NFL. A much better College Prospect learning from him. A top-flight defensive back in hooker instead of a Gamble with peppers who may or may not be able to play that position in the NFL. N'joku sp?needs to prove he can play tight end in the league and at the very least we could still have Gary Barnidge who has. We would still have plenty of draft picks next season and put the final seasoning on the stew.
Unless we hit on all of Sashi Browns rolls of the dice we are back to square one. Well not really back to, we've just never left Square One.
WSS
-
-
You mentioned this....but I am still not sure how that could have worked out. I think the Browns could only have gotten two of them. They could have taken MT at #1, then Hooker with like #10 or so....But: In order to get 3 first round picks the Browns had to trade down in round one to get Peppers, then back up again to get Njoku.
Don't think it could have worked to get the three you mention.
Possibly. But even in the worst case scenario we would have a starting quarterback capable of winning in the NFL. A much better College Prospect learning from him. A top-flight defensive back in hooker instead of a Gamble with peppers who may or may not be able to play that position in the NFL. N'joku sp?needs to prove he can play tight end in the league and at the very least we could still have Gary Barnidge who has. We would still have plenty of draft picks next season and put the final seasoning on the stew.
Unless we hit on all of Sashi Browns rolls of the dice we are back to square one. Well not really back to, we've just never left Square One.
WSS
Possibly. But even in the worst case scenario we would have a starting quarterback capable of winning in the NFL. A much better College Prospect learning from him. A top-flight defensive back in hooker instead of a Gamble with peppers who may or may not be able to play that position in the NFL. N'joku sp?needs to prove he can play tight end in the league and at the very least we could still have Gary Barnidge who has. We would still have plenty of draft picks next season and put the final seasoning on the stew.
Unless we hit on all of Sashi Browns rolls of the dice we are back to square one. Well not really back to, we've just never left Square One.
WSS
I am not sure that Barnidge has been picked up by any team. Other than the desire to just get rid of our older players, it seems, with all the uncertainty in this receiving corps,who have had drop after drop after drop that a sure handed veteran like him would not have been good for us.
I mean, really...WTF was up with the release of Barnidge (or is the fact that he was not picked up telling?...or...was he picked up?)
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
