Skip to content

Hue and the offense

The Browns Board
77 24 2.8k
  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    I'm pretty sure people on this board have spoken about this guy, but if you have 20 minutes, you're going to want this video in your life.  I found this on Youtube and I was laughing pretty hard, which I needed after the Ravens game.  It's a little dull until about the 6 minute mark, and then he picks up steam, LOL.  

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #54

    Not adding any OC anytime soon.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/20/payday-browns-crowell-wants-ball-more-contract-extension/105817058/

    From the article:  Jackson is 1-17 in his two seasons, leading some fans to feel he should give up his duties as offensive coordinator. "I don't think that is the case at all," he said. "Our situation is I know where we are. ... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I think we will get there."

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #55

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/09/5_reasons_hue_jackson_is_pulli.html  2 games in. 4 games with a chance? Hue's Ice Cream truck starts his Route this Sunday..Ching..Ching..Take 5 with sprinkles to start with..(ugh 😵.for some dumb reason page may not fully load? may want to load yourself off site cause #1 reason is why Huejax is not looking for a OC for answers? Blaming Mary Tyler Cabot is far to easy on this one)  

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #56

    LOL-jiggins I love his rant on redzone play with Hue's ridiculous calls that don't seem to be thought out at all. Or if they are "they're not used".😁

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #57

    If yours truly were the OC on this team, here's the way I would've attacked the Rats on 1st & goal from the 2.

    I would have a 2 TE set, with Britt wide left (just to take a DB away from the LOS).

    I would have the FB Vitale along with his lead blocker Danny Shelton in the backfield in an "I" formation.

    They would run behind lardasses Bito & JT until Vitale hits the endzone...as many times as necessary.

    Nothing fancy, I know what's going to happen, the Rat's defense know what's going to happen.

    Try and stop it.

  • If yours truly were the OC on this team, here's the way I would've attacked the Rats on 1st & goal from the 2.

    I would have a 2 TE set, with Britt wide left (just to take a DB away from the LOS).

    I would have the FB Vitale along with his lead blocker Danny Shelton in the backfield in an "I" formation.

    They would run behind lardasses Bito & JT until Vitale hits the endzone...as many times as necessary.

    Nothing fancy, I know what's going to happen, the Rat's defense know what's going to happen.

    Try and stop it.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @canton-dawg said:

    If yours truly were the OC on this team, here's the way I would've attacked the Rats on 1st & goal from the 2.

    I would have a 2 TE set, with Britt wide left (just to take a DB away from the LOS).

    I would have the FB Vitale along with his lead blocker Danny Shelton in the backfield in an "I" formation.

    They would run behind lardasses Bito & JT until Vitale hits the endzone...as many times as necessary.

    Nothing fancy, I know what's going to happen, the Rat's defense know what's going to happen.

    Try and stop it.

    So much heresy. How can we win this year's draft playoff if we score in the redzone?

  • If yours truly were the OC on this team, here's the way I would've attacked the Rats on 1st & goal from the 2.

    I would have a 2 TE set, with Britt wide left (just to take a DB away from the LOS).

    I would have the FB Vitale along with his lead blocker Danny Shelton in the backfield in an "I" formation.

    They would run behind lardasses Bito & JT until Vitale hits the endzone...as many times as necessary.

    Nothing fancy, I know what's going to happen, the Rat's defense know what's going to happen.

    Try and stop it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @canton-dawg said:

    If yours truly were the OC on this team, here's the way I would've attacked the Rats on 1st & goal from the 2.

    I would have a 2 TE set, with Britt wide left (just to take a DB away from the LOS).

    I would have the FB Vitale along with his lead blocker Danny Shelton in the backfield in an "I" formation.

    They would run behind lardasses Bito & JT until Vitale hits the endzone...as many times as necessary.

    Nothing fancy, I know what's going to happen, the Rat's defense know what's going to happen.

    Try and stop it.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Great players make the position coach look good.. it sure helped during Hue's time at Cincy that Chad Johnson was a starting AFC All-Pro WR.  Houshlakdyt;ai5yh was a complement but nothing more than above average [Yes, he'd be above Britt, but is that a bar to step over or a crack in the sidewalk..]

  • @canton-dawg said:

    If yours truly were the OC on this team, here's the way I would've attacked the Rats on 1st & goal from the 2.

    I would have a 2 TE set, with Britt wide left (just to take a DB away from the LOS).

    I would have the FB Vitale along with his lead blocker Danny Shelton in the backfield in an "I" formation.

    They would run behind lardasses Bito & JT until Vitale hits the endzone...as many times as necessary.

    Nothing fancy, I know what's going to happen, the Rat's defense know what's going to happen.

    Try and stop it.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #61

    @the-gipper said:

    Bill Walsh and Guy McCintyre did it in San Fran before Ditka and da Bears...but the Fridge made it famous.

  • H Hempman wrote on last edited by
    #62

    Hue's offense unlike, say, Pat Shurmer's rely's heavily on the QB. That is why starting Kizer is stupid. He was drafted to be a high ceiling developmental and the Browns just throw him in there.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #63

    In fairness at least two other QBs were given every chance to win the job... they did not.

  • H Hempman wrote on last edited by
    #64

    I thought Brock beat Kizer. So did Hogan. Now Brock may have been trying to get cut and was doing his typical immature shit, but his presnap ability blew Kizer's away. Hogan, politically would be tough to condone at the time. But that is what real adults do.

    The "beat out" myth is a myth. They just handed him the job despite playing poorly.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #65

     Donald Penn has 4 career TD's..HueJax, Joe Thomas is way over due for a TD celebration....

  • I thought Brock beat Kizer. So did Hogan. Now Brock may have been trying to get cut and was doing his typical immature shit, but his presnap ability blew Kizer's away. Hogan, politically would be tough to condone at the time. But that is what real adults do.

    The "beat out" myth is a myth. They just handed him the job despite playing poorly.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @hempman said:

    I thought Brock beat Kizer. So did Hogan. Now Brock may have been trying to get cut and was doing his typical immature shit, but his presnap ability blew Kizer's away. Hogan, politically would be tough to condone at the time. But that is what real adults do.

    The "beat out" myth is a myth. They just handed him the job despite playing poorly.

    Disagree... both Brock and Kess were reluctant to go downfield... Kizer wasn't. Hue values downfield.

    Add in the need to check out Kizer as a tie-breaker, and his choice was a no-brainer.

    Hogan? Never really got in the mix, did he? Can only assume he never earned that right in TC.

  • @hempman said:

    I thought Brock beat Kizer. So did Hogan. Now Brock may have been trying to get cut and was doing his typical immature shit, but his presnap ability blew Kizer's away. Hogan, politically would be tough to condone at the time. But that is what real adults do.

    The "beat out" myth is a myth. They just handed him the job despite playing poorly.

    Disagree... both Brock and Kess were reluctant to go downfield... Kizer wasn't. Hue values downfield.

    Add in the need to check out Kizer as a tie-breaker, and his choice was a no-brainer.

    Hogan? Never really got in the mix, did he? Can only assume he never earned that right in TC.

    C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @tour2ma said:

    Disagree... both Brock and Kess were reluctant to go downfield... Kizer wasn't. Hue values downfield.

    Add in the need to check out Kizer as a tie-breaker, and his choice was a no-brainer.

    Hogan? Never really got in the mix, did he? Can only assume he never earned that right in TC.

    Hue does not play to the strength of his Players and its been PAINFULLY evident the second half of the season and the beginning of this one.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #68

    Different argument... and not one we can have... since I agree.

    C'mon, Hue.... move that pocket!

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Hue needs an OC. Swallow your pride !

  • Different argument... and not one we can have... since I agree.

    C'mon, Hue.... move that pocket!

    C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @tour2ma said:

    Different argument... and not one we can have... since I agree.

    C'mon, Hue.... move that pocket!

    i could argue that since he's shown ineptitude at using his players strengths that his "starter" evaluation is flawed Kizer is throwing what 30% deep ball right now which is just a ridiculous number. and if this is intentional why is a head coach asking a rook qb to throw deep more than tom brady?

    Sorta like last year where it was difficult to evaluate defensive talent with Horton's soft scheme.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #71

    Sure... but will it be fun arguing with yourself?

  • In fairness at least two other QBs were given every chance to win the job... they did not.

    C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @tour2ma said:

    In fairness at least two other QBs were given every chance to win the job... they did not.

    i'm more referring to this