Skip to content

How many have you seen?

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
24 9 718
  • 37, but i'm not sure how some of those listed could be considered "cult" classics.

  • 37, but i'm not sure how some of those listed could be considered "cult" classics.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    37, but i'm not sure how some of those listed could be considered "cult" classics.

    My thoughts exactly.

    WSS

  • Your Results:
    • 78 of 100 movies (78%)
    • Rank: #5,058 of 53,245 users (top 9%)
     
    I know there are some listed that aren't "cult classics". I mean Gremlins 2 ??? In a list with Blade Runner? With A Clockwork Orange? With Big Trouble in Little China?
     
    And if you are going to include Little Shop of Horrors.... for God's sake not the musical remake... the ORIGINAL 1960 version is the one.
     
    Check out the young actor about to make his screen debut as "the next patient" after Seymor, the lead character, dispatches the Dentist. The debut alone is cult-worthy.
     

  • Yes, Jack Nicholson in one of his first roles

  • 29 excluding the "old" Little Shop from 1960. I was in Venezuela and it never appeared there. Did not even know there was one that early till now. Vast majority (like Easy Rider, The Road Warrior, etc.) I would not classify as "cult".

  • Easy Rider? Not cult? Clearly you've never seen it stoned...

    Speaking of movies to see stoned... Woody Allen's What's Up Tiger Lilly?

    Woody bought the rights to a very barely grade B, Japanese spy movie and dubbed in his own dialog.

    First time I saw it, circa 1971, I laughed my butt off... and then got the munchies.

    Jump to decades later when I came across it in a $5 bin of DVDs... and no... not so much.

  • Easy Rider? Not cult? Clearly you've never seen it stoned...

    Speaking of movies to see stoned... Woody Allen's What's Up Tiger Lilly?

    Woody bought the rights to a very barely grade B, Japanese spy movie and dubbed in his own dialog.

    First time I saw it, circa 1971, I laughed my butt off... and then got the munchies.

    Jump to decades later when I came across it in a $5 bin of DVDs... and no... not so much.

    @tour2ma said:

    Easy Rider? Not cult? Clearly you've never seen it stoned...

    Speaking of movies to see stoned... Woody Allen's What's Up Tiger Lilly?

    Woody bought the rights to a very barely grade B, Japanese spy movie and dubbed in his own dialog.

    First time I saw it, circa 1971, I laughed my butt off... and then got the munchies.

    Jump to decades later when I came across it in a $5 bin of DVDs... and no... not so much.

    And the soundtrack? The Lovin Spoonful.

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    Easy Rider? Not cult? Clearly you've never seen it stoned...

    Speaking of movies to see stoned... Woody Allen's What's Up Tiger Lilly?

    Woody bought the rights to a very barely grade B, Japanese spy movie and dubbed in his own dialog.

    First time I saw it, circa 1971, I laughed my butt off... and then got the munchies.

    Jump to decades later when I came across it in a $5 bin of DVDs... and no... not so much.

    And the soundtrack? The Lovin Spoonful.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    And the soundtrack? The Lovin Spoonful.

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    Easy Rider? Not cult? Clearly you've never seen it stoned...

    Speaking of movies to see stoned... Woody Allen's What's Up Tiger Lilly?

    Woody bought the rights to a very barely grade B, Japanese spy movie and dubbed in his own dialog.

    First time I saw it, circa 1971, I laughed my butt off... and then got the munchies.

    Jump to decades later when I came across it in a $5 bin of DVDs... and no... not so much.

    And the soundtrack? The Lovin Spoonful.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    And the soundtrack? The Lovin Spoonful.

    Which soundtrack... Tiger Lily? 'cause Easy was all about Steppenwolf IIRC....

    Edit: Son-of-a.... I have no memory of the soundtrack...

    image.jpeg.75fa646dbbdfd90bdb5f1e1d86fb811b.jpeg

  • Love the Loving Spoonful with John Sebastian!

  • Love the Loving Spoonful with John Sebastian!

    @jppt1974 said:

    Love the Loving Spoonful with John Sebastian!

    Me too. I think they were under rated among 60s bands. I even like them with Joe Butler.

    WSS

  • Sing along time?

    What a day for a daydream...

    Been dreamin' since I woke up today...

  • Actually though I hold it no ill-will not my favorite of Lovin Spoonful songs. Didn't want to have to do it is.

    WSS

  • Actually though I hold it no ill-will not my favorite of Lovin Spoonful songs. Didn't want to have to do it is.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Actually though I hold it no ill-will not my favorite of Lovin Spoonful songs. Didn't want to have to do it is.

    Nah... not the vest, but the one I identify with the FlowerPower them.

    Best? I think homie nailed it.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Actually though I hold it no ill-will not my favorite of Lovin Spoonful songs. Didn't want to have to do it is.

    Nah... not the vest, but the one I identify with the FlowerPower them.

    Best? I think homie nailed it.

    @tour2ma said:

    Nah... not the vest, but the one I identify with the FlowerPower them.

    Best? I think homie nailed it.

    Best? That can't be determined I just said which one was my favorite. 🙂

    WSS