QB for 2017
-
It's so fucking funny that some of you guys are dismissing Hogan as being able to be the guy since you already know what he can do and you've seen him play what 1 quarter?
Yet, the same people have seen Kizer play 3 full games, except for time he sat out a quarter cause he had a headache.
So you guys have watched Kizer throw what 7 interceptions, overthrow receivers, underthrow receivers, delay of games, getting sacked, missing open guys... pretty much completely sucking, yet, you are going to talk shit on Hogan?
-
a) Stay the course. Continue with Kizer. He's a 21 year old rookie. This was expected (or should've been expected) and is something he has to 'grow' though.
First, love the alternating alpha-numeric choice listing... well done.
Second... "a" is the choice. The die is cast. The course has been plotted.
Just please, Hue, sit with the lad a spell after each series. This is the 2nd time I've asked... don't make me ask again.
I don't agree with starting Kizer any longer. I'm going with option B.
Shocking!

Just please, Hue, sit with the lad a spell after each series. This is the 2nd time I've asked... don't make me ask again.
You'd think you wouldn't have to ask this of a 'QB Guru'. So, therefore, he's NOT a QB guru.
I understand that he's the HC also...and has HC stuff to do during games....but the QB position is about as important as it gets to a team. Going over stuff just after the stuff happens is the best time to do it. It's fresh in the mind...along with the emotions.
-
Ya know, that's what I think Hue is. An OC. Kinda' like Josh McDaniels, the dope that drafted Tebow in round 1. Or Crennell. It happens a lot. They're best at their coordinator positions.
-------
Let's explore the Garoppolo option. - How desperate could Sashi become before the trade deadline of Halloween approaches. Say we've got zero wins in mid October.....and the wrath of Haslam is starting to appear in his eyes. (we KNOW how he is deep down) Could a move be made by the Harvard Think Tank as a ditch effort to try and save their jobs?
And how stupid would Bill Belichick be to throw away the Heir Apparent to Tom Brady at this point in his career?
WSS
And how stupid would Bill Belichick be to throw away the Heir Apparent to Tom Brady at this point in his career?
WSS
With Brissette traded, it's really not a possibility anymore. It would literally take trading half our team. And belleyache wouldn't even WANT half our team. Who would?
-
Hue has saddled his horse, now he's gotta ride it....... The 21yr old was destined to struggle from his 1st snap and he has, but there is nowhere to go but up and now we just need to see how high Kizer's ceiling is and how fast he can get there.
Hue has saddled his horse, now he's gotta ride it....... The 21yr old was destined to struggle from his 1st snap and he has, but there is nowhere to go but up and now we just need to see how high Kizer's ceiling is and how fast he can get there.
without any play makers well except for duke it's going to be tough to see what he can do
-
It's so fucking funny that some of you guys are dismissing Hogan as being able to be the guy since you already know what he can do and you've seen him play what 1 quarter?
Yet, the same people have seen Kizer play 3 full games, except for time he sat out a quarter cause he had a headache.
So you guys have watched Kizer throw what 7 interceptions, overthrow receivers, underthrow receivers, delay of games, getting sacked, missing open guys... pretty much completely sucking, yet, you are going to talk shit on Hogan?
It's so fucking funny that some of you guys are dismissing Hogan as being able to be the guy since you already know what he can do and you've seen him play what 1 quarter?
Yet, the same people have seen Kizer play 3 full games, except for time he sat out a quarter cause he had a headache.
So you guys have watched Kizer throw what 7 interceptions, overthrow receivers, underthrow receivers, delay of games, getting sacked, missing open guys... pretty much completely sucking, yet, you are going to talk shit on Hogan?
We don't dismiss Hogan, we dismiss you.
-
Which one?
WSS
-
Which one?
WSS
Which one?
WSS
TBD
Some years ago someone, I can't recall who....but an NFL GM...advocated that a team should draft a QB every single year. The analytics that Depo and Sachi use may say the same thing. With the draft picks they accumulate, I see no problem with that....as long as they have enough to fill holes at other positions.
-
It's so fucking funny that some of you guys are dismissing Hogan as being able to be the guy since you already know what he can do and you've seen him play what 1 quarter?
Yet, the same people have seen Kizer play 3 full games, except for time he sat out a quarter cause he had a headache.
So you guys have watched Kizer throw what 7 interceptions, overthrow receivers, underthrow receivers, delay of games, getting sacked, missing open guys... pretty much completely sucking, yet, you are going to talk shit on Hogan?
It's so fucking funny that some of you guys are dismissing Hogan as being able to be the guy since you already know what he can do and you've seen him play what 1 quarter?
Yet, the same people have seen Kizer play 3 full games, except for time he sat out a quarter cause he had a headache.
So you guys have watched Kizer throw what 7 interceptions, overthrow receivers, underthrow receivers, delay of games, getting sacked, missing open guys... pretty much completely sucking, yet, you are going to talk shit on Hogan?
This is typical Browns mentality PO. Throw the QB under the bus after he has a couple bad games. If Hue thought Hogan gave him a better chance to win games, he'd be starting. You don't think on a realistic level- Hue knows he has to win at least four games this year, or there's a mighty good chance he's going to get fired? The coaches watch everything, break down every play, and see these guys every day in practice. My wild guess is Kizer has at least 3 more chances to prove he sucks (maybe 5 till the bye) before you're going to get your wish- barring injury.
FYI- I've already said I wasn't enamored of Kizer at Notre Dame, he's still playing the same way I saw in college, and I actually like what I've seen out of Hogan. I'm not coaching the Browns- and neither are you. Deshone continues to suck- you're going to see Kevin in due time. Unfortunately, it will probably be when the season is beyond salvaging. BTW, that's already the case at 0-3 (looking at 0-4) it's time to start looking at next year's draft prospects.
-
It's so fucking funny that some of you guys are dismissing Hogan as being able to be the guy since you already know what he can do and you've seen him play what 1 quarter?
Yet, the same people have seen Kizer play 3 full games, except for time he sat out a quarter cause he had a headache.
So you guys have watched Kizer throw what 7 interceptions, overthrow receivers, underthrow receivers, delay of games, getting sacked, missing open guys... pretty much completely sucking, yet, you are going to talk shit on Hogan?
This is typical Browns mentality PO. Throw the QB under the bus after he has a couple bad games. If Hue thought Hogan gave him a better chance to win games, he'd be starting. You don't think on a realistic level- Hue knows he has to win at least four games this year, or there's a mighty good chance he's going to get fired? The coaches watch everything, break down every play, and see these guys every day in practice. My wild guess is Kizer has at least 3 more chances to prove he sucks (maybe 5 till the bye) before you're going to get your wish- barring injury.
FYI- I've already said I wasn't enamored of Kizer at Notre Dame, he's still playing the same way I saw in college, and I actually like what I've seen out of Hogan. I'm not coaching the Browns- and neither are you. Deshone continues to suck- you're going to see Kevin in due time. Unfortunately, it will probably be when the season is beyond salvaging. BTW, that's already the case at 0-3 (looking at 0-4) it's time to start looking at next year's draft prospects.
This is typical Browns mentality PO. Throw the QB under the bus after he has a couple bad games. If Hue thought Hogan gave him a better chance to win games, he'd be starting. You don't think on a realistic level- Hue knows he has to win at least four games this year, or there's a mighty good chance he's going to get fired? The coaches watch everything, break down every play, and see these guys every day in practice. My wild guess is Kizer has at least 3 more chances to prove he sucks (maybe 5 till the bye) before you're going to get your wish- barring injury.
FYI- I've already said I wasn't enamored of Kizer at Notre Dame, he's still playing the same way I saw in college, and I actually like what I've seen out of Hogan. I'm not coaching the Browns- and neither are you. Deshone continues to suck- you're going to see Kevin in due time. Unfortunately, it will probably be when the season is beyond salvaging. BTW, that's already the case at 0-3 (looking at 0-4) it's time to start looking at next year's draft prospects.
Only PoG thinks that putting Hogan in at this point is any kind of an idea. He is on one of his man crushes over him. I mean, he must look at him and like see Kaley Cuocco or something.
-
Salvaging? Salvaging what? Unless we are in playoff contention, what is there to salvage?
Here's reality... We did not enter this season with a chance to make the playoffs. Here's more... We started looking at 2018 QBs and every other position when we were 0-0.
The only time we will see Hogan, is if either:
- Kizer can't start due to injury, or...
- we've seen enough and he's simply not the guy... my earliest estimation for this is Week 13.
2017 is the year of evaluating Kizer. Until that job is done he starts.
-
It's so fucking funny that some of you guys are dismissing Hogan as being able to be the guy since you already know what he can do and you've seen him play what 1 quarter?
Yet, the same people have seen Kizer play 3 full games, except for time he sat out a quarter cause he had a headache.
So you guys have watched Kizer throw what 7 interceptions, overthrow receivers, underthrow receivers, delay of games, getting sacked, missing open guys... pretty much completely sucking, yet, you are going to talk shit on Hogan?
This is typical Browns mentality PO. Throw the QB under the bus after he has a couple bad games. If Hue thought Hogan gave him a better chance to win games, he'd be starting. You don't think on a realistic level- Hue knows he has to win at least four games this year, or there's a mighty good chance he's going to get fired? The coaches watch everything, break down every play, and see these guys every day in practice. My wild guess is Kizer has at least 3 more chances to prove he sucks (maybe 5 till the bye) before you're going to get your wish- barring injury.
FYI- I've already said I wasn't enamored of Kizer at Notre Dame, he's still playing the same way I saw in college, and I actually like what I've seen out of Hogan. I'm not coaching the Browns- and neither are you. Deshone continues to suck- you're going to see Kevin in due time. Unfortunately, it will probably be when the season is beyond salvaging. BTW, that's already the case at 0-3 (looking at 0-4) it's time to start looking at next year's draft prospects.
This is typical Browns mentality PO. Throw the QB under the bus after he has a couple bad games. If Hue thought Hogan gave him a better chance to win games, he'd be starting. You don't think on a realistic level- Hue knows he has to win at least four games this year, or there's a mighty good chance he's going to get fired? The coaches watch everything, break down every play, and see these guys every day in practice. My wild guess is Kizer has at least 3 more chances to prove he sucks (maybe 5 till the bye) before you're going to get your wish- barring injury.
FYI- I've already said I wasn't enamored of Kizer at Notre Dame, he's still playing the same way I saw in college, and I actually like what I've seen out of Hogan. I'm not coaching the Browns- and neither are you. Deshone continues to suck- you're going to see Kevin in due time. Unfortunately, it will probably be when the season is beyond salvaging. BTW, that's already the case at 0-3 (looking at 0-4) it's time to start looking at next year's draft prospects.
I feel ya Hoorta, I do. But I really don't think that Hue has a clue.
If it is how you say it is, then why start Osweiler above the other guys the first Preseason game? Why did Hogan not even get the chance to play and then surpass Kessler on the depth chart. Was this decided on how Hogan played on Gameday and not determined while they were practicing all off season? It has clearly been muffed, or mishandled by Hue to begin with.
So, I don't know. What I do know is if Hogan had started the season we had a chance to be 3-0. He would have cleaned up in Indy. He could have given us a better chance against Pit, and if he have been left in the Baltimore game- he just might have won that one too.
PIT and BAL have a 2 game lead on us and CIN is ahead by just one game. We are not out of this yet. We CAN catch them and make this season a success.
Hell, if we beat CIN this weekend then we are moving up one spot and BAL and PIT are just one game ahead... unless they win, but they look weak and vulnerable so I think we can take them next time if we get our shit together.
-
It's so fucking funny that some of you guys are dismissing Hogan as being able to be the guy since you already know what he can do and you've seen him play what 1 quarter?
Yet, the same people have seen Kizer play 3 full games, except for time he sat out a quarter cause he had a headache.
So you guys have watched Kizer throw what 7 interceptions, overthrow receivers, underthrow receivers, delay of games, getting sacked, missing open guys... pretty much completely sucking, yet, you are going to talk shit on Hogan?
This is typical Browns mentality PO. Throw the QB under the bus after he has a couple bad games. If Hue thought Hogan gave him a better chance to win games, he'd be starting. You don't think on a realistic level- Hue knows he has to win at least four games this year, or there's a mighty good chance he's going to get fired? The coaches watch everything, break down every play, and see these guys every day in practice. My wild guess is Kizer has at least 3 more chances to prove he sucks (maybe 5 till the bye) before you're going to get your wish- barring injury.
FYI- I've already said I wasn't enamored of Kizer at Notre Dame, he's still playing the same way I saw in college, and I actually like what I've seen out of Hogan. I'm not coaching the Browns- and neither are you. Deshone continues to suck- you're going to see Kevin in due time. Unfortunately, it will probably be when the season is beyond salvaging. BTW, that's already the case at 0-3 (looking at 0-4) it's time to start looking at next year's draft prospects.
-
This is typical Browns mentality PO. Throw the QB under the bus after he has a couple bad games. If Hue thought Hogan gave him a better chance to win games, he'd be starting. You don't think on a realistic level- Hue knows he has to win at least four games this year, or there's a mighty good chance he's going to get fired? The coaches watch everything, break down every play, and see these guys every day in practice. My wild guess is Kizer has at least 3 more chances to prove he sucks (maybe 5 till the bye) before you're going to get your wish- barring injury.
FYI- I've already said I wasn't enamored of Kizer at Notre Dame, he's still playing the same way I saw in college, and I actually like what I've seen out of Hogan. I'm not coaching the Browns- and neither are you. Deshone continues to suck- you're going to see Kevin in due time. Unfortunately, it will probably be when the season is beyond salvaging. BTW, that's already the case at 0-3 (looking at 0-4) it's time to start looking at next year's draft prospects.
I feel ya Hoorta, I do. But I really don't think that Hue has a clue.
If it is how you say it is, then why start Osweiler above the other guys the first Preseason game? Why did Hogan not even get the chance to play and then surpass Kessler on the depth chart. Was this decided on how Hogan played on Gameday and not determined while they were practicing all off season? It has clearly been muffed, or mishandled by Hue to begin with.
So, I don't know. What I do know is if Hogan had started the season we had a chance to be 3-0. He would have cleaned up in Indy. He could have given us a better chance against Pit, and if he have been left in the Baltimore game- he just might have won that one too.
PIT and BAL have a 2 game lead on us and CIN is ahead by just one game. We are not out of this yet. We CAN catch them and make this season a success.
Hell, if we beat CIN this weekend then we are moving up one spot and BAL and PIT are just one game ahead... unless they win, but they look weak and vulnerable so I think we can take them next time if we get our shit together.
I feel ya Hoorta, I do. But I really don't think that Hue has a clue.
If it is how you say it is, then why start Osweiler above the other guys the first Preseason game? Why did Hogan not even get the chance to play and then surpass Kessler on the depth chart. Was this decided on how Hogan played on Gameday and not determined while they were practicing all off season? It has clearly been muffed, or mishandled by Hue to begin with.
So, I don't know. What I do know is if Hogan had started the season we had a chance to be 3-0. He would have cleaned up in Indy. He could have given us a better chance against Pit, and if he have been left in the Baltimore game- he just might have won that one too.
PIT and BAL have a 2 game lead on us and CIN is ahead by just one game. We are not out of this yet. We CAN catch them and make this season a success.
Hell, if we beat CIN this weekend then we are moving up one spot and BAL and PIT are just one game ahead... unless they win, but they look weak and vulnerable so I think we can take them next time if we get our shit together.
Why did they start Brock? They had $16 million reasons to see if he could revert to Denver form.
Please don't project what could have happened if they had started Hogan. Pure speculation and mostly man-crush opinion on your part. Josh Gordon COULD be playing for the Browns now- if he didn't mess up- or not take drug tests. I hate to remind you, but your Beast Trent Richardson is sitting by the phone waiting for a call. He's been dumped by 3 teams now. His NFL career is over, Grover.
-
This is typical Browns mentality PO. Throw the QB under the bus after he has a couple bad games. If Hue thought Hogan gave him a better chance to win games, he'd be starting. You don't think on a realistic level- Hue knows he has to win at least four games this year, or there's a mighty good chance he's going to get fired? The coaches watch everything, break down every play, and see these guys every day in practice. My wild guess is Kizer has at least 3 more chances to prove he sucks (maybe 5 till the bye) before you're going to get your wish- barring injury.
FYI- I've already said I wasn't enamored of Kizer at Notre Dame, he's still playing the same way I saw in college, and I actually like what I've seen out of Hogan. I'm not coaching the Browns- and neither are you. Deshone continues to suck- you're going to see Kevin in due time. Unfortunately, it will probably be when the season is beyond salvaging. BTW, that's already the case at 0-3 (looking at 0-4) it's time to start looking at next year's draft prospects.
I feel ya Hoorta, I do. But I really don't think that Hue has a clue.
If it is how you say it is, then why start Osweiler above the other guys the first Preseason game? Why did Hogan not even get the chance to play and then surpass Kessler on the depth chart. Was this decided on how Hogan played on Gameday and not determined while they were practicing all off season? It has clearly been muffed, or mishandled by Hue to begin with.
So, I don't know. What I do know is if Hogan had started the season we had a chance to be 3-0. He would have cleaned up in Indy. He could have given us a better chance against Pit, and if he have been left in the Baltimore game- he just might have won that one too.
PIT and BAL have a 2 game lead on us and CIN is ahead by just one game. We are not out of this yet. We CAN catch them and make this season a success.
Hell, if we beat CIN this weekend then we are moving up one spot and BAL and PIT are just one game ahead... unless they win, but they look weak and vulnerable so I think we can take them next time if we get our shit together.
then why start Osweiler above the other guys the first Preseason game? Why did Hogan not even get the chance to play and then surpass Kessler on the depth chart. Was this decided on how Hogan played on Gameday and not determined while they were practicing all off season? It has clearly been muffed, or mishandled by Hue to begin with.
So, I don't know.
For $16M Brock needed to win the starting job or pack his bags..that easy.FO got what they needed just not the player..At your fingertips you have all the topics you need. There is a Topic called Camp News that's 9 pages long that I logged purposely for guys just like you..Review it & It starts with Kess got 1's.Brock got 2's. Kizer & Hogan both got 3's with Kizer seeing some with 1's..Jobs are won at Camp..Posted media reports will tell you Hogan was not winning job even against 2's nor 3's..Nothing wrong with being a Fan of Hogan..Just know a little about your facts
Hogans a play away from seeing the field..If you asked Kessler right now..Hogan has made a Good jump in 2017. Your point has been flawed on Hue since Haden. Haden's field performance deserved a pay reduction. So the FO did & Haden moved on with same $ value.Hues only job was to report Haden's true field performance. Gordon is on the NFL, FO & Haslem..Hue needs Josh's talent to keep a job as Haden's was..If the talent is still in Josh too?
-
I feel ya Hoorta, I do. But I really don't think that Hue has a clue.
If it is how you say it is, then why start Osweiler above the other guys the first Preseason game? Why did Hogan not even get the chance to play and then surpass Kessler on the depth chart. Was this decided on how Hogan played on Gameday and not determined while they were practicing all off season? It has clearly been muffed, or mishandled by Hue to begin with.
So, I don't know. What I do know is if Hogan had started the season we had a chance to be 3-0. He would have cleaned up in Indy. He could have given us a better chance against Pit, and if he have been left in the Baltimore game- he just might have won that one too.
PIT and BAL have a 2 game lead on us and CIN is ahead by just one game. We are not out of this yet. We CAN catch them and make this season a success.
Hell, if we beat CIN this weekend then we are moving up one spot and BAL and PIT are just one game ahead... unless they win, but they look weak and vulnerable so I think we can take them next time if we get our shit together.
Why did they start Brock? They had $16 million reasons to see if he could revert to Denver form.
Please don't project what could have happened if they had started Hogan. Pure speculation and mostly man-crush opinion on your part. Josh Gordon COULD be playing for the Browns now- if he didn't mess up- or not take drug tests. I hate to remind you, but your Beast Trent Richardson is sitting by the phone waiting for a call. He's been dumped by 3 teams now. His NFL career is over, Grover.
-
They never wanted Osweiler, they wanted the draft pick. The draft pick they paid 16 million dollars for and cost us Joe Haden and Terrel Pryor. They started Osweiler to make it LOOK like they were giving him a chance so it didn't look shady... but we're smart enough to see through that ruse.
As for the Camp Battle or whatever shenanigans they were passing off as a QB Competition- Hogan was NEVER once even mentioned or even given the chance to be in it. Trust me, I was watching. All I ever heard from the media was Kizer was in a 3 horse race with Osweiler and Kessler.
So when did Hogan become the #2 QB? Was it when he outperformed all three of the other guys and won back to back games in the preseason? If we are going off of that, why wasn't he given the chance to be the starter for the season instead of 'gifting' it to Kizer.
They always said that nothing was going to be given... but is that not what they have done? They either outright give the position to the player or they get rid of all the competition for the spot and say so and so won the job by default.
The one spot that I give them a pass on was Zane the Kicker. He and Parkey actually competed and even though it was neck and neck - the benefit of the doubt is going to go to the young draft pick with the stronger leg.
You all doubted me on Derek Carr, you should just trust me on this one. I want what's best for the team unlike a certain 'QB guru' turned Head Coach with an agenda.
-
I beseech the Mods to do something along the lines doing an autocorrect every time the name "Hogan" is mentioned by lover boy (PoG) here. Like you used to do with Retard. Only thing is...what would be a good name to change it to?
Well...it could be "Lover Boy". Or it could be Sargent Schultz or Captain Klink...or something. I don't know...take suggestions like you did when you came up with Retard.
-
Hogan, hand and PoG-yep defines a love triangle to a T.

-
@boo-fagley said:
I would go all out for Josh Allen.
Darnold will go first, but the Browns wont be picking 1st because they will win some games. This team is better than 0 - 3. The Browns luck is going to change. I like to say every franchise has their shot with a Super Bowl winning QB.
Right now there's 6 teams (by my count) at 1-2 or 0-3 who will either be looking for that franchise guy, or will seriously consider drafting one high to get the QBOTF to eventually replace an ageing vet (Saints, Chargers).
Yeah, the Browns have enough draft ammunition to get almost anyone they want. If they're not drafting #1 overall again, and Darnold is looked on as another Luck level talent- that's going to be out of reasonable reach
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login