Skip to content

Consequences

Political Discussion
48 8 1.1k
  • Not me.  I was already sick of the NFL with the new pussy rules, this is the straw that broke the camels back.  Fuck em.

  • By the way guys this is only part of the reason NFL viewership is down albeit a decent one. Every game I watch there are at least two or three times were the entire room flips out over some shitty call against the Browns or an overlooked call against the opposition. And just one or two bad calls can tilt the scales either way.

    WSS

  • By the way guys this is only part of the reason NFL viewership is down albeit a decent one. Every game I watch there are at least two or three times were the entire room flips out over some shitty call against the Browns or an overlooked call against the opposition. And just one or two bad calls can tilt the scales either way.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    By the way guys this is only part of the reason NFL viewership is down albeit a decent one. Every game I watch there are at least two or three times were the entire room flips out over some shitty call against the Browns or an overlooked call against the opposition. And just one or two bad calls can tilt the scales either way.

    WSS

    Football is a game of momentum and bad calls are a great way of destroying it. 8 dropped passes works well too.

  • Not me.  I was already sick of the NFL with the new pussy rules, this is the straw that broke the camels back.  Fuck em.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Not me.  I was already sick of the NFL with the new pussy rules, this is the straw that broke the camels back.  Fuck em.

    Long term for me I don't anticipate buying any more NFL gear. I know you can't look back but I miss the football of old and glad I got to experience it.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Not me.  I was already sick of the NFL with the new pussy rules, this is the straw that broke the camels back.  Fuck em.

    Long term for me I don't anticipate buying any more NFL gear. I know you can't look back but I miss the football of old and glad I got to experience it.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Long term for me I don't anticipate buying any more NFL gear. I know you can't look back but I miss the football of old and glad I got to experience it.

    About the only 'real' football now is High School.   College is okay, and much better then the NFL.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    I see veteran friends of mine swearing off the NFL but on this point you are right Cleve. If you love to watch football on Sundays where else are you going to go? Are you going to watch futbol instead?  Some of this is just cutting off your nose to spite your face and some of the veteran friends I know (locally) who are swearing off the NFL on Facebook I just don't see it happening long term. 

    Yeah they will come back. People are temporarily angry. Once the initial outburst ends, the players won't get the response they want and the kneeling will stop. Fans will go back to watching. This is the same as people shitting glass over trannies at Target and Confederate statues. It is all just diversion and nonsense.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah they will come back. People are temporarily angry. Once the initial outburst ends, the players won't get the response they want and the kneeling will stop. Fans will go back to watching. This is the same as people shitting glass over trannies at Target and Confederate statues. It is all just diversion and nonsense.

    You look like you play the accordian.  Do you like Ukrainian sausage?

  • Image may contain: 1 person

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah they will come back. People are temporarily angry. Once the initial outburst ends, the players won't get the response they want and the kneeling will stop. Fans will go back to watching. This is the same as people shitting glass over trannies at Target and Confederate statues. It is all just diversion and nonsense.

    You look like you play the accordian.  Do you like Ukrainian sausage?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You look like you play the accordian.  Do you like Ukrainian sausage?

    I love purifying water and finding Ukrainian sausage at the bath house.

  • Oh my God! Consequences???? That's not fair! They shouldn't be able to....

    ... Oh, wait. That's fine. Yeah, that's fine. They can do what they want. 

    It's almost like some people can stay behind their own values, not a political party. Naaahhhh

  • Oh my God! Consequences???? That's not fair! They shouldn't be able to....

    ... Oh, wait. That's fine. Yeah, that's fine. They can do what they want. 

    It's almost like some people can stay behind their own values, not a political party. Naaahhhh

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh my God! Consequences???? That's not fair! They shouldn't be able to....

    ... Oh, wait. That's fine. Yeah, that's fine. They can do what they want. 

    It's almost like some people can stay behind their own values, not a political party. Naaahhhh

    Seems like you might be missing the point. Don't you think the employer has a right to fire you if you perform offensive act on the job?  Or for companies to withdraw their endorsements? Whether or not they personally bother you Woody?

    WSS

  • @mld-woody said:

    Oh my God! Consequences???? That's not fair! They shouldn't be able to....

    ... Oh, wait. That's fine. Yeah, that's fine. They can do what they want. 

    It's almost like some people can stay behind their own values, not a political party. Naaahhhh

    Seems like you might be missing the point. Don't you think the employer has a right to fire you if you perform offensive act on the job?  Or for companies to withdraw their endorsements? Whether or not they personally bother you Woody?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Seems like you might be missing the point. Don't you think the employer has a right to fire you if you perform offensive act on the job?  Or for companies to withdraw their endorsements? Whether or not they personally bother you Woody?

    WSS

    Im thinking woody has had about enough of u dotards hypocricies and double standards as i have. One month its vaginal irritation in unison when someone gets fired for doing something innocuous like calling mrs obama a monkey on facebook. Than an about face the next month, rinse repeat.....u guys are verified clown bags. 

    As for u steve why are u still here? U clearly stated ur done with the nfl. So why still here on a football board?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Seems like you might be missing the point. Don't you think the employer has a right to fire you if you perform offensive act on the job?  Or for companies to withdraw their endorsements? Whether or not they personally bother you Woody?

    WSS

    Im thinking woody has had about enough of u dotards hypocricies and double standards as i have. One month its vaginal irritation in unison when someone gets fired for doing something innocuous like calling mrs obama a monkey on facebook. Than an about face the next month, rinse repeat.....u guys are verified clown bags. 

    As for u steve why are u still here? U clearly stated ur done with the nfl. So why still here on a football board?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im thinking woody has had about enough of u dotards hypocricies and double standards as i have. One month its vaginal irritation in unison when someone gets fired for doing something innocuous like calling mrs obama a monkey on facebook. Than an about face the next month, rinse repeat.....u guys are verified clown bags. 

    As for u steve why are u still here? U clearly stated ur done with the nfl. So why still here on a football board?

    I asked Woody because consequences was his thing. Not everything I say to him is hostile.

    And you are an idiot but everyone knows that.

    WSS

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Im thinking woody has had about enough of u dotards hypocricies and double standards as i have. One month its vaginal irritation in unison when someone gets fired for doing something innocuous like calling mrs obama a monkey on facebook. Than an about face the next month, rinse repeat.....u guys are verified clown bags. 

    As for u steve why are u still here? U clearly stated ur done with the nfl. So why still here on a football board?

    I asked Woody because consequences was his thing. Not everything I say to him is hostile.

    And you are an idiot but everyone knows that.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I asked Woody because consequences was his thing. Not everything I say to him is hostile.

    And you are an idiot but everyone knows that.

    WSS

    what was that? blah blah blah? yeah. So explain again why you still give a shit about the Browns and football in general when you made it clear not a few days ago that these ngrs clearly hate YOU, west side steve. They're doing this "specifically" to piss off west side steve from Ohio. THey hate your guts nigga. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    I asked Woody because consequences was his thing. Not everything I say to him is hostile.

    And you are an idiot but everyone knows that.

    WSS

    what was that? blah blah blah? yeah. So explain again why you still give a shit about the Browns and football in general when you made it clear not a few days ago that these ngrs clearly hate YOU, west side steve. They're doing this "specifically" to piss off west side steve from Ohio. THey hate your guts nigga. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    what was that? blah blah blah? yeah. So explain again why you still give a shit about the Browns and football in general when you made it clear not a few days ago that these ngrs clearly hate YOU, west side steve. They're doing this "specifically" to piss off west side steve from Ohio. THey hate your guts nigga. 

    I guess if you want to make accusations just cut something and paste it otherwise I'll assume it's typical Cleve an uninformed and belligerent loudmouth.

    Being a white man and at least somewhat proud to be an American with a modicum of respect for the flag in the anthem and the men and women who died in the service  of that country , I assume I'm among the group targeted for insult which is exactly what they intend. I'm going to keep watching the Browns and keep hoping they win. I'm disappointed in the attitude of a few of the punks in the NFL. But you sir are still an asshole and an idiot.

    WSS

  • @clevfan4life said:

    what was that? blah blah blah? yeah. So explain again why you still give a shit about the Browns and football in general when you made it clear not a few days ago that these ngrs clearly hate YOU, west side steve. They're doing this "specifically" to piss off west side steve from Ohio. THey hate your guts nigga. 

    I guess if you want to make accusations just cut something and paste it otherwise I'll assume it's typical Cleve an uninformed and belligerent loudmouth.

    Being a white man and at least somewhat proud to be an American with a modicum of respect for the flag in the anthem and the men and women who died in the service  of that country , I assume I'm among the group targeted for insult which is exactly what they intend. I'm going to keep watching the Browns and keep hoping they win. I'm disappointed in the attitude of a few of the punks in the NFL. But you sir are still an asshole and an idiot.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I guess if you want to make accusations just cut something and paste it otherwise I'll assume it's typical Cleve an uninformed and belligerent loudmouth.

    Being a white man and at least somewhat proud to be an American with a modicum of respect for the flag in the anthem and the men and women who died in the service  of that country , I assume I'm among the group targeted for insult which is exactly what they intend. I'm going to keep watching the Browns and keep hoping they win. I'm disappointed in the attitude of a few of the punks in the NFL. But you sir are still an asshole and an idiot.

    WSS

    but you said "they obviously hate me". I'll cut the troll and we'll agree they're not trying to insult some traveling musician from akron. So who exactly are they "insulting" by taking a knee? Old, white men? That's really the long and short of it? I have news for you, there's infinite numbers of things they could do that were "actually" offensive to old white men such as yourself. Taking a knee during the anthem is a lot bigger than you or the very specific demographic you represent. The malicious intent you're ascribing to these athletes is astounding in it's ignorance. Since dotards like yourself can't wrap their heads around it, I hope the entire NFL just sits in the lockeroom from here on out. In fact if I was goodell at this point i'd mandate it till this all blows over. Cause even one guy kneeling is fodder for the senile old dotards like Trump and his followers, to keep attention on something completely inconsequential. 

  • I read where Trump said the NFL owners were afraid of their players. I think that sums it up. There is a simple answer to this. The NFL can enforce it's own rules and require it's players (employees) to stand during the national anthem. That they won't do it speaks volumes that Trump is right. They are afraid of their own employees. Being patriotic is not racist.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4929246/Trump-says-NFL-owners-scared-players.html

  • Cleve let's talk about inconsistencies in positions. I believe you have always taken the side that employers have the right to fire employees if they do things or their behaviors that can harm their business (even if it is own their own time). So why isn't that the case here with the NFL players. By not standing during the anthem which is against the rules they are offending a large number of customers so why are you now against any action  being taken against them ?They know when they sign up for the job there are rules they are expected to obey. Standing during the anthem is one of them.