Bears vs. Packers
-
Well I guess I am going to boycott this NFL game tonight....but not voluntarily. It is only shown on the NFL Network, and my cable company doesn't provide that.
And, you know, if they are talking about a ratings decline, it is likely far more over the fact that the NFL is branching off into these specialty....(read, very limited) venues of showing their product. NFL Network, and what? Yahoo access or Amazon Prime or some such nonsense? And all for money....yet....riddle me this: wouldn't they make a lot more money showing these games to the largest possible audience. You know, like broadcasting them on CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN. You know...the networks that everybody gets?
Anyway, about the game, As you may know, this is THE longest standing, most played rivalry in the history of the NFL, Bears vs. Packers.
And I heard that the all time head to head record is 94-94-6. And the teams are only 4 points apart in all these years. And those years number 96 years (or...96 tears?) since 1921.
Anyway, about the game, As you may know, this is THE longest standing, most played rivalry in the history of the NFL, Bears vs. Packers.
And I heard that the all time head to head record is 94-94-6. And the teams are only 4 points apart in all these years. And those years number 96 years (or...96 tears?) since 1921.
Wow, 94-94-6 is pretty cool. Sad to see that they will overshadow this once epic rivalry with the stupid shit the NFL has allowed to fester and cloud the game this season (a carry-over from last season, even). Pathetic.
I'll tune-in from a bar somewhere, hoping Trubisky plays, of course.
-
Hey Gipper,
Why do I owe you a pitcher of Margarita's? If I remember right, you wanted to bet that Trubisky wouldn't be the first overall picked, but I don't remember taking that bet as I NEVER thought he would be. Is that correct, or am I just forgetting something here?
You in town this weekend?
-
Hard bet on the packers. 35-14 with them winning.
Hard bet on the packers. 35-14 with them winning.
I think you'll be surprised by the Bears. Sure they got trounced by the Bucs, but they did come back and beat the Steelers and played the Falcons with 6pts. The game will be much closer than you think and with the Packers injuries, the Bears might just win out right.
-
Hey Gipper,
Why do I owe you a pitcher of Margarita's? If I remember right, you wanted to bet that Trubisky wouldn't be the first overall picked, but I don't remember taking that bet as I NEVER thought he would be. Is that correct, or am I just forgetting something here?
You in town this weekend?
Hey Gipper,
Why do I owe you a pitcher of Margarita's? If I remember right, you wanted to bet that Trubisky wouldn't be the first overall picked, but I don't remember taking that bet as I NEVER thought he would be. Is that correct, or am I just forgetting something here?
You in town this weekend?
Oh, No, no no. You claimed that Trubisky should not and would go in the Top 10 of the draft. I said that whether he should or should not go that high that he WILL be drafted in the Top 10...and of course he was. I was hoping that you were right and that he would fall to the Browns with their second pick...where (which was like #12). I may have to go revive the thread to confirm what I claim here, but I think I am right.
I am around...or can be. I had asked Z to PM me his text numbers to let me know what, if anything is going on. Don't know that I got that yet. I can PM you with that. Steve plans to go up for the tailgate, not sure about the rest of his weekend.
-
Hard bet on the packers. 35-14 with them winning.
I think you'll be surprised by the Bears. Sure they got trounced by the Bucs, but they did come back and beat the Steelers and played the Falcons with 6pts. The game will be much closer than you think and with the Packers injuries, the Bears might just win out right.
I think you'll be surprised by the Bears. Sure they got trounced by the Bucs, but they did come back and beat the Steelers and played the Falcons with 6pts. The game will be much closer than you think and with the Packers injuries, the Bears might just win out right.
doubt it. arod is looking for vengeance.
-
After watching our BS last week, it was nice to flip over to watch ARod squat on the Bengals..I Still think Rogers arm has a whole lot left..But tonight Rogers has neither starting Tackles & Both back-ups are on IR..Watch the wizard of Rogers pull this one out the hat Brady Fans..
-
Hey Gip, this is being shown in NEO on channel 19.
-
Are ratings not declining purely because all over the world there are streams offering it live for free?
-
Jordan Howard +120 to score a TD looks good
-
I hope that didnt hit his leg !
-
Oh wow
-
Na you cant overturn this
-
You Americans and your crazy weather...
-
You Americans and your crazy weather...
You Americans and your crazy weather...
Do they stop a soccer match for lightning?
-
That is one horrible hit
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login