Bears vs. Packers
-
You Americans and your crazy weather...
You Americans and your crazy weather...
Do they stop a soccer match for lightning?
-
That is one horrible hit
-
Hey Gipper,
Why do I owe you a pitcher of Margarita's? If I remember right, you wanted to bet that Trubisky wouldn't be the first overall picked, but I don't remember taking that bet as I NEVER thought he would be. Is that correct, or am I just forgetting something here?
You in town this weekend?
Oh, No, no no. You claimed that Trubisky should not and would go in the Top 10 of the draft. I said that whether he should or should not go that high that he WILL be drafted in the Top 10...and of course he was. I was hoping that you were right and that he would fall to the Browns with their second pick...where (which was like #12). I may have to go revive the thread to confirm what I claim here, but I think I am right.
I am around...or can be. I had asked Z to PM me his text numbers to let me know what, if anything is going on. Don't know that I got that yet. I can PM you with that. Steve plans to go up for the tailgate, not sure about the rest of his weekend.
Oh, No, no no. You claimed that Trubisky should not and would go in the Top 10 of the draft. I said that whether he should or should not go that high that he WILL be drafted in the Top 10...and of course he was. I was hoping that you were right and that he would fall to the Browns with their second pick...where (which was like #12). I may have to go revive the thread to confirm what I claim here, but I think I am right.
I am around...or can be. I had asked Z to PM me his text numbers to let me know what, if anything is going on. Don't know that I got that yet. I can PM you with that. Steve plans to go up for the tailgate, not sure about the rest of his weekend.
No need to search for the thread, I believe you, sounds like a statement and bet I'd make. Next pitcher of Margaritas is on me!
-
Well I guess I am going to boycott this NFL game tonight....but not voluntarily. It is only shown on the NFL Network, and my cable company doesn't provide that.
And, you know, if they are talking about a ratings decline, it is likely far more over the fact that the NFL is branching off into these specialty....(read, very limited) venues of showing their product. NFL Network, and what? Yahoo access or Amazon Prime or some such nonsense? And all for money....yet....riddle me this: wouldn't they make a lot more money showing these games to the largest possible audience. You know, like broadcasting them on CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN. You know...the networks that everybody gets?
Anyway, about the game, As you may know, this is THE longest standing, most played rivalry in the history of the NFL, Bears vs. Packers.
And I heard that the all time head to head record is 94-94-6. And the teams are only 4 points apart in all these years. And those years number 96 years (or...96 tears?) since 1921.
Well I guess I am going to boycott this NFL game tonight....but not voluntarily. It is only shown on the NFL Network, and my cable company doesn't provide that.
And, you know, if they are talking about a ratings decline, it is likely far more over the fact that the NFL is branching off into these specialty....(read, very limited) venues of showing their product. NFL Network, and what? Yahoo access or Amazon Prime or some such nonsense? And all for money....yet....riddle me this: wouldn't they make a lot more money showing these games to the largest possible audience. You know, like broadcasting them on CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN. You know...the networks that everybody gets?
Anyway, about the game, As you may know, this is THE longest standing, most played rivalry in the history of the NFL, Bears vs. Packers.
And I heard that the all time head to head record is 94-94-6. And the teams are only 4 points apart in all these years. And those years number 96 years (or...96 tears?) since 1921.
The idea of utilizing streaming for new programming has swung to the riduculous. It should swing back to a sensible level soon. Another example is CBS who just debuted a big budget new Star Trek series. The only way to watch in US is via their streaming about close to $9 per month. It's literally the only original content on there you can't watch on network tv.
-
Well I guess I am going to boycott this NFL game tonight....but not voluntarily. It is only shown on the NFL Network, and my cable company doesn't provide that.
And, you know, if they are talking about a ratings decline, it is likely far more over the fact that the NFL is branching off into these specialty....(read, very limited) venues of showing their product. NFL Network, and what? Yahoo access or Amazon Prime or some such nonsense? And all for money....yet....riddle me this: wouldn't they make a lot more money showing these games to the largest possible audience. You know, like broadcasting them on CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN. You know...the networks that everybody gets?
Anyway, about the game, As you may know, this is THE longest standing, most played rivalry in the history of the NFL, Bears vs. Packers.
And I heard that the all time head to head record is 94-94-6. And the teams are only 4 points apart in all these years. And those years number 96 years (or...96 tears?) since 1921.
The idea of utilizing streaming for new programming has swung to the riduculous. It should swing back to a sensible level soon. Another example is CBS who just debuted a big budget new Star Trek series. The only way to watch in US is via their streaming about close to $9 per month. It's literally the only original content on there you can't watch on network tv.
The idea of utilizing streaming for new programming has swung to the riduculous. It should swing back to a sensible level soon. Another example is CBS who just debuted a big budget new Star Trek series. The only way to watch in US is via their streaming about close to $9 per month. It's literally the only original content on there you can't watch on network tv.
Star Trek Discovery debuted on our regular local CBS TV channel here. No extra charges.
-
Hard bet on the packers. 35-14 with them winning.
Hard bet on the packers. 35-14 with them winning.
Man, good call on the score.
-
Hey Gip, this is being shown in NEO on channel 19.
Hey Gip, this is being shown in NEO on channel 19.
Yes, I saw that. Watched a bit of it.
-
The idea of utilizing streaming for new programming has swung to the riduculous. It should swing back to a sensible level soon. Another example is CBS who just debuted a big budget new Star Trek series. The only way to watch in US is via their streaming about close to $9 per month. It's literally the only original content on there you can't watch on network tv.
Star Trek Discovery debuted on our regular local CBS TV channel here. No extra charges.
Star Trek Discovery debuted on our regular local CBS TV channel here. No extra charges.
Yes, the debut was on regular CBS....but the rest of the series can only be seen on CBS All Access. They planned it that way to try to get you hooked so you would buy that service.
-
Star Trek Discovery debuted on our regular local CBS TV channel here. No extra charges.
Yes, the debut was on regular CBS....but the rest of the series can only be seen on CBS All Access. They planned it that way to try to get you hooked so you would buy that service.
Yes, the debut was on regular CBS....but the rest of the series can only be seen on CBS All Access. They planned it that way to try to get you hooked so you would buy that service.
Bastages.
-
Hey Gipper,
Why do I owe you a pitcher of Margarita's? If I remember right, you wanted to bet that Trubisky wouldn't be the first overall picked, but I don't remember taking that bet as I NEVER thought he would be. Is that correct, or am I just forgetting something here?
You in town this weekend?
Hey Gipper,
Why do I owe you a pitcher of Margarita's? If I remember right, you wanted to bet that Trubisky wouldn't be the first overall picked, but I don't remember taking that bet as I NEVER thought he would be. Is that correct, or am I just forgetting something here?
You in town this weekend?
Um, I was in on that bet too, Ate. I'll share with Gip if he's willing. I will be in town this evening. Call you or Z to find out what's going on.
Yes, the debut was on regular CBS....but the rest of the series can only be seen on CBS All Access. They planned it that way to try to get you hooked so you would buy that service.
Big Star Trek fan - the Hoorta is a ST creature for those who don't know. The 1st episode of Discovery was great, big budget special effects. But am I going to buy the streaming service @ $9 a month for one show? Nope. Basically PPV, and IMHO, CBS is making a big mistake. I'm sure NFL exexs have tossed around the idea of making the Super Bowl PPV.
-
Well I guess I am going to boycott this NFL game tonight....but not voluntarily. It is only shown on the NFL Network, and my cable company doesn't provide that.
And, you know, if they are talking about a ratings decline, it is likely far more over the fact that the NFL is branching off into these specialty....(read, very limited) venues of showing their product. NFL Network, and what? Yahoo access or Amazon Prime or some such nonsense? And all for money....yet....riddle me this: wouldn't they make a lot more money showing these games to the largest possible audience. You know, like broadcasting them on CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN. You know...the networks that everybody gets?
Anyway, about the game, As you may know, this is THE longest standing, most played rivalry in the history of the NFL, Bears vs. Packers.
And I heard that the all time head to head record is 94-94-6. And the teams are only 4 points apart in all these years. And those years number 96 years (or...96 tears?) since 1921.
Well I guess I am going to boycott this NFL game tonight....but not voluntarily. It is only shown on the NFL Network, and my cable company doesn't provide that.
And, you know, if they are talking about a ratings decline, it is likely far more over the fact that the NFL is branching off into these specialty....(read, very limited) venues of showing their product. NFL Network, and what? Yahoo access or Amazon Prime or some such nonsense? And all for money....yet....riddle me this: wouldn't they make a lot more money showing these games to the largest possible audience. You know, like broadcasting them on CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN. You know...the networks that everybody gets?
CBS local here as well... which figures since a CBS broadcast crew did the game.
As for mo' money... the various broadcast routes bid on NFL packages, e.g., AFC, NFC, MNF, SNF and TNF. If a package is awarded to the highest bidder or highest combination of bidders, which one would assume it is, then the NFL makes the most money. Audience only determines how much the broadcaster(s) make.
Also consider that there are no CBS affiliates overseas. So an internet provider, like Yahoo, expands the potential audience significantly.
Hard bet on the packers. 35-14 with them winning.
Well done, Pilgrim...
-
Hey Gipper,
Why do I owe you a pitcher of Margarita's? If I remember right, you wanted to bet that Trubisky wouldn't be the first overall picked, but I don't remember taking that bet as I NEVER thought he would be. Is that correct, or am I just forgetting something here?
You in town this weekend?
Um, I was in on that bet too, Ate. I'll share with Gip if he's willing. I will be in town this evening. Call you or Z to find out what's going on.
Yes, the debut was on regular CBS....but the rest of the series can only be seen on CBS All Access. They planned it that way to try to get you hooked so you would buy that service.
Big Star Trek fan - the Hoorta is a ST creature for those who don't know. The 1st episode of Discovery was great, big budget special effects. But am I going to buy the streaming service @ $9 a month for one show? Nope. Basically PPV, and IMHO, CBS is making a big mistake. I'm sure NFL exexs have tossed around the idea of making the Super Bowl PPV.
Um, I was in on that bet too, Ate. I'll share with Gip if he's willing. I will be in town this evening. Call you or Z to find out what's going on.
I still don't have all you all's numbers. I think I may have PMd you with mine.
Big Star Trek fan - the Hoorta is a ST creature for those who don't know. The 1st episode of Discovery was great, big budget special effects. But am I going to buy the streaming service @ $9 a month for one show? Nope. Basically PPV, and IMHO, CBS is making a big mistake. I'm sure NFL exexs have tossed around the idea of making the Super Bowl PPV.
-
Hard bet on the packers. 35-14 with them winning.
Well done, Pilgrim...
Yes....WOW....predicted the exact Final Score!!
What are the lottery numbers for tonight?
-
Fwiw, I'm going with..3514
-
Um, I was in on that bet too, Ate. I'll share with Gip if he's willing. I will be in town this evening. Call you or Z to find out what's going on.
I still don't have all you all's numbers. I think I may have PMd you with mine.
Big Star Trek fan - the Hoorta is a ST creature for those who don't know. The 1st episode of Discovery was great, big budget special effects. But am I going to buy the streaming service @ $9 a month for one show? Nope. Basically PPV, and IMHO, CBS is making a big mistake. I'm sure NFL exexs have tossed around the idea of making the Super Bowl PPV.
Said you can't receive PMs Gip. Send me yours and I'll give you mine Stan's and Z's.
-
Said you can't receive PMs Gip. Send me yours and I'll give you mine Stan's and Z's.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login