Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
298 49 8.8k
  • @canton-dawg said:

    If Hue can win 4 games or so, I think he will save his job.

    Considering he's only won 1 game in a season and a quarter(5%).....dont see him suddenly winning 30% plus going forward.....

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by BaconHound

    @mudfly said:

    Considering he's only won 1 game in a season and a quarter(5%).....dont see him suddenly winning 30% plus going forward.....

    And I'm not a fire Hue guy.  I've been saying for years the unfortunate obstacle for the Browns is ownership and that's really hard to fix.  Ownership has continually hired front office personnel who have completely failed in their talent assessment and without talent you don't turn franchises around.

  • @mudfly said:

    Considering he's only won 1 game in a season and a quarter(5%).....dont see him suddenly winning 30% plus going forward.....

    And I'm not a fire Hue guy.  I've been saying for years the unfortunate obstacle for the Browns is ownership and that's really hard to fix.  Ownership has continually hired front office personnel who have completely failed in their talent assessment and without talent you don't turn franchises around.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    And I'm not a fire Hue guy.  I've been saying for years the unfortunate obstacle for the Browns is ownership and that's really hard to fix.  Ownership has continually hired from office personnel who have completely failed in their talent assessment and without talent you don't turn franchises around.

    Im with you on that. I havent supported a coaches firing since shurmur....Now, I think Jimmy has created a situation for himself with his impatience and fear of what people will say if/when he fires Hue....who just may be the worst coach of the bunch.....(in my eyes, he is)......So, jimmy will stubbornly stick with the one guy who probably shouldnt be a HC....

  • @baconhound said:

    And I'm not a fire Hue guy.  I've been saying for years the unfortunate obstacle for the Browns is ownership and that's really hard to fix.  Ownership has continually hired from office personnel who have completely failed in their talent assessment and without talent you don't turn franchises around.

    Im with you on that. I havent supported a coaches firing since shurmur....Now, I think Jimmy has created a situation for himself with his impatience and fear of what people will say if/when he fires Hue....who just may be the worst coach of the bunch.....(in my eyes, he is)......So, jimmy will stubbornly stick with the one guy who probably shouldnt be a HC....

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Im with you on that. I havent supported a coaches firing since shurmur....Now, I think Jimmy has created a situation for himself with his impatience and fear of what people will say if/when he fires Hue....who just may be the worst coach of the bunch.....(in my eyes, he is)......So, jimmy will stubbornly stick with the one guy who probably shouldnt be a HC....

    What I don't understand is how Sashi & Paul convinced Jimmah that they somehow have the genius way to assemble a football team that only they could've conceived.

  • @baconhound said:

    And I'm not a fire Hue guy.  I've been saying for years the unfortunate obstacle for the Browns is ownership and that's really hard to fix.  Ownership has continually hired from office personnel who have completely failed in their talent assessment and without talent you don't turn franchises around.

    Im with you on that. I havent supported a coaches firing since shurmur....Now, I think Jimmy has created a situation for himself with his impatience and fear of what people will say if/when he fires Hue....who just may be the worst coach of the bunch.....(in my eyes, he is)......So, jimmy will stubbornly stick with the one guy who probably shouldnt be a HC....

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Im with you on that. I havent supported a coaches firing since shurmur....Now, I think Jimmy has created a situation for himself with his impatience and fear of what people will say if/when he fires Hue....who just may be the worst coach of the bunch.....(in my eyes, he is)......So, jimmy will stubbornly stick with the one guy who probably shouldnt be a HC....

    Agreed he'll double down on crazy until we are three years in at 6-42

  • @mudfly said:

    Im with you on that. I havent supported a coaches firing since shurmur....Now, I think Jimmy has created a situation for himself with his impatience and fear of what people will say if/when he fires Hue....who just may be the worst coach of the bunch.....(in my eyes, he is)......So, jimmy will stubbornly stick with the one guy who probably shouldnt be a HC....

    What I don't understand is how Sashi & Paul convinced Jimmah that they somehow have the genius way to assemble a football team that only they could've conceived.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    What I don't understand is how Sashi & Paul convinced Jimmah that they somehow have the genius way to assemble a football team that only they could've conceived.

    Jimmah has a last name. It's Stupidfuckinghillbilly. Remember?

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    "I probably would've left too...but hopefully they come back next week" - Hue Jackson on fans' mass exodus in 2nd half

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    One thing I don't like is the silence from Haslam & Sashi in the media.  Again as with Pettine it's not cool to let the HC take all the Sheet when ultimately they are providing the talent.  Sashi has to answer for Bowe and Britt as well as trading "talent" picks to draft projects.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    Signing off.  Still holding hope for a W.  We deserve better guys

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by stillmotion

    This brings me back to my old point. Does Jimmy really care about winning? has he done anything to change the culture? Or is he just a clueless jerry jones wannabe.

    I hate to say this, but christ, was lerner a better owner?

    Jimmy cares about making money for sure I bet.

    How much has he saved with this pathetic roster of D-Leaguers.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    Browns have the second highest cap space only to the 49ers.....

    2 Cleveland Browns             $62,946,455
  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    Another idiotic 1+1 = 3"It rreally.was not a bad loss because the Bengals are way gooder than their trick 0-3 shows.

  • Another idiotic 1+1 = 3"It rreally.was not a bad loss because the Bengals are way gooder than their trick 0-3 shows.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie said:

    Another idiotic 1+1 = 3"It rreally.was not a bad loss because the Bengals are way gooder than their trick 0-3 shows.

    How did your fight with Zombo go this morning?

  • Another idiotic 1+1 = 3"It rreally.was not a bad loss because the Bengals are way gooder than their trick 0-3 shows.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie said:

    Another idiotic 1+1 = 3"It rreally.was not a bad loss because the Bengals are way gooder than their trick 0-3 shows.

    Now, now...in Pittsburgh, one river plus one river equals 3 rivers. But ya, Browns are breaking vacuum gages left and right

  • @ghoolie said:

    Another idiotic 1+1 = 3"It rreally.was not a bad loss because the Bengals are way gooder than their trick 0-3 shows.

    How did your fight with Zombo go this morning?

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    How did your fight with Zombo go this morning?

    He couldn't get out of the house, what with the forklift and fireman both unavailable.  

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    Just got back from the complete Sheet show. Horrendously bad.

    Now here's something to ponder. It was only 14 game seasons, but the gawdawful Tampa Bay Yuckaneers in their first two seasons went 2-26. Browns can seriously challenge 26 losses in 2 seasons. BTW, Tampa was 7-37 in their first three seasons. Think we have 6 wins in this team this year? I doubt it.

  • Just got back from the complete Sheet show. Horrendously bad.

    Now here's something to ponder. It was only 14 game seasons, but the gawdawful Tampa Bay Yuckaneers in their first two seasons went 2-26. Browns can seriously challenge 26 losses in 2 seasons. BTW, Tampa was 7-37 in their first three seasons. Think we have 6 wins in this team this year? I doubt it.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Just got back from the complete Sheet show. Horrendously bad.

    Now here's something to ponder. It was only 14 game seasons, but the gawdawful Tampa Bay Yuckaneers in their first two seasons went 2-26. Browns can seriously challenge 26 losses in 2 seasons. BTW, Tampa was 7-37 in their first three seasons. Think we have 6 wins in this team this year? I doubt it.

    In their fourth season, they went to the NFC Championship Game... 😉

  • If Hue can win 4 games or so, I think he will save his job.

    But as I said last year, if this team can’t improve on a 1-15 season...he’s gone.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    If Hue can win 4 games or so, I think he will save his job.

    But as I said last year, if this team can’t improve on a 1-15 season...he’s gone.

    Is Cleveland getting dangerously close to losing it's football team again?

    NOT FUNNY but this crap can not continue forever, only the Indians and Cavaliers are saving face in professional sports in NE Ohio. They need a miracle besides the Indians winning it all.........

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    first off any dumb butt Shmuck who thinks we are gonna see the Browns leave are brain damaged

    second Hey Phil Dawson just hit a 50 yarder

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd

     I said dumb butt,wtf is a dumb butt

  • sydS syd

    first off any dumb butt Shmuck who thinks we are gonna see the Browns leave are brain damaged

    second Hey Phil Dawson just hit a 50 yarder

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    first off any dumb butt Shmuck who thinks we are gonna see the Browns leave are brain damaged

    second Hey Phil Dawson just hit a 50 yarder

    I'm sure Houston (Oilers) San Diego and other cities thought the same thing. I don't want to see it but another 1-15 season? 0-16? 2-14? The fan base is already eroding just look around  here, a bunch of us oldies hanging on hoping for 1964 again.

    Any turnaround miracles for the Brownies?