Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Barber Shop Talk
  3. Google Translate

Google Translate

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Barber Shop Talk
7 Posts 3 Posters 901 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 23k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I am going to Spain this month so I downloaded and tested out Google Translate for Spanish/English Offline onto my Android Cellphone. I tested it both ways by speaking English into it and then back to speaking Spanish into it. It's truly an amazing program. You speak in either language and it replies by both text and speech in the other language. You can even do both at one time and have a real time conversation with another person with just a small amount of touching on the screen as you speak back and forth. The Spanish sounds like that spoken in Madrid rather than S. America, but when I used some of my Venezuelan Spanish on it, it had no problem picking it up and translating it properly into English. For example I would use the word "depue" which is the Venezuelan way of saying the real word, "despues", because Venezuelans drop the "s"s in a lot of their speech. It immediately translated in text and speech to "after".

    It is also very accurate in translating better than the normal past, present and future in complex sentences. It accurately translated a complex sentence like "I would have gone there had I known you would have been there too." 

    I give this free offline program, that you can use anywhere you want, my highest 5***** rating. Truly impressive. It will augment my rusty Spanish quite well if I have the occasional "hard drive" brain freeze.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
      • 39k Posts
      • 9k Reputation
      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Sounds great! Just like the ones on Star Trek.

      WSS

      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
      T 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • W Westside Steve

        Sounds great! Just like the ones on Star Trek.

        WSS

        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 23k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @westside-steve said:

        Sounds great! Just like the ones on Star Trek.

        WSS

        Almost, but I could not find Vulcan on the list of languages you can download for it. But it does have Marathi which I think may be a planet orbiting Alpha Centauri. 😛

        There is about a 1-2 second delay between speaking and translating so that you can finish a complete sentence before it works it's magic. Next time I go to France I will give it a true test since I can't say more than about 10 words in French.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          The universal translator?

          universal_translator.jpg

          T 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • The GipperT The Gipper

            The universal translator?

            universal_translator.jpg

            TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 23k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @the-gipper said:

            The universal translator?

            universal_translator.jpg

            Just about. It is one amazingly good program with a real person speaking in a very flowing sentence structure both for Spanish to English and English to Spanish, not some computer with disjointed words. And you can download just about any major language (and some not so major) in the world to use offline, so it's very portable on your cell phone. It's really hard to impress me when it comes to something like this, but for someone with Spanish as a second language, I can't beat it with my rusty Spanish even though I never have a problem getting along fine without a Spanish/English dictionary. I'm going to use it on people in Spain just for grins occasionally or if I just have a brain fart and can't come up with the proper word.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Klingon?  Dothraki?  Valyrion?  Elvish?

              T 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The GipperT The Gipper

                Klingon?  Dothraki?  Valyrion?  Elvish?

                TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 23k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Pretty sure Elvish is a lost language of Cleveland originally spoken by Brownie. It's a dying language only found occasionally on TheBrownsBoard..com😛

                @the-gipper said:

                Klingon?  Dothraki?  Valyrion?  Elvish?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                Theme
                • System
                • Light
                • Dark
                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Forums
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Users
                • Donate