Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. N.Y. Jets Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
287 46 7.8k
  • @mudfly said:

    yep...and, in his defense, this team has no clue how to maximize his talents.....instead, they've sequestered him to last line of defense, since thjey have zero faith in the guys playing in front of him

    He's a special teamer.. Nothing more...

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    He's a special teamer.. Nothing more...

    Too early to know for sure, but I am disappointed so far.....

  • @mudfly said:

    yep...and, in his defense, this team has no clue how to maximize his talents.....instead, they've sequestered him to last line of defense, since thjey have zero faith in the guys playing in front of him

    He's a special teamer.. Nothing more...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    He's a special teamer.. Nothing more...

    kinda lame there too.....thought he was a return man.... but so far..... nope

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    I keep saying that Peppers was a player that played close to the LOS.  So we play him on the warning track.  Doesn't make sense to me.....

  • I keep saying that Peppers was a player that played close to the LOS.  So we play him on the warning track.  Doesn't make sense to me.....

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly

    @orion said:

    I keep saying that Peppers was a player that played close to the LOS.  So we play him on the warning track.  Doesn't make sense to me.....

    coaching....I been saying all along.....they dont know where or how to maximize talent.....

    Hell...Pettine got 11 sacks outta Kruger...a pro-bowl outta Barnidge.....a 1000 yards outta Benji......coaching

    We had 5 or 6 guys play in the 2015 pro-bowl....let that sink in......and all are guys we immediately decided were washed up, worn out, etc....which may be (cause shashi dumped em all).....but I guarantee you, their coach had something to do with putting them in position to succeed....and knowing how to use these washed up old men, playing on the worst team in the league.....

  • Cleveland WON

    ...the toss.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tinythinker said:

    Cleveland WON

    ...the toss.

    HIGHLIGHT!

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    Peppers has been a disappointment thus far.  

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    When you play 30 yards off of the LOS there isn't much you can do. Williams has decided this is  the defense he wants to run, and every other DB on this team is worse at his "angel" position than Peppers. We finally started using him closer to the LOS a few times today and he made an impact. 

    The last punt return today the gunner got right by our guy and had a dead on run at Peppers. No way he could even return it. 

    The hate here towards Peppers is amazing though. We have someone on here calling him one of the least valuable players in the entire NFL.... come on. There are a handful of posters here ready to pounce on anything he does that is an INT or return TD. But keep telling me there is no bias, smh. 

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly

    I always kinda liked Peppers(cept when he struts like a peaSock)...anyhow, I only comment and pick on him because I like to make woody squeal like a girl////

    (works EVERY time)....hahahaha

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Watching the Green Bay/Dallas game was like watching another sport entirely in comparison to today's "game".

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Not going to wade thru this thread.

    Very hard game to take... Left at least 2 TDs and 2 FGs on the field.

    Nonetheless there were positives.... over 400 yards total offense... including 140 yards rushing... an INT plus a Jet ball on the ground... allowed only 34 rushing yards and 212 total... 3 sacks with 2 by you-know-who... allowed only one sack.

    All that said... a statistically dominant loss is still a loss... a bitt...ersweet, stings-like-a-bitch loss...

    See y'all tomorrow...

    GO TRIBE!

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg

    I went to the game...and can’t say I’m surprised by the way this team played.

    I can’t believe Hue sent out the FG unit, changed his mind...called a timeout...and went for it on 4th down.

    We may be picking first in the draft again boys.

  • I went to the game...and can’t say I’m surprised by the way this team played.

    I can’t believe Hue sent out the FG unit, changed his mind...called a timeout...and went for it on 4th down.

    We may be picking first in the draft again boys.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    We may be picking first in the draft again boys.

    The only other 0-5 teams are San Fran and the NY Giants. I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't win at least 4 games, even as crappy as their season is going.

    San Fran is good competition for the #1, but I think they can win 2 or 3. I seriously think this Browns team is going to threaten 0-16 again.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all

  • And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all

    He's officially tanking. Im serios when insay he's tanking draft stock right now to avoid the #1 pick

  • I always kinda liked Peppers(cept when he struts like a peaSock)...anyhow, I only comment and pick on him because I like to make woody squeal like a girl////

    (works EVERY time)....hahahaha

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    I always kinda liked Peppers(cept when he struts like a peaSock)...anyhow, I only comment and pick on him because I like to make woody squeal like a girl////

    (works EVERY time)....hahahaha

    If you call correcting people "squeeling like a girl", then more power to you. I mean, I'd prefer to be on the side that isn't incorrect or completely biased, but to each his own.

    You could come on here and say 2+2=5. I'd say no, it is 4. And you can call that a win too if you'd like

  • And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all

    Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.

    1) We actually have some young QB talent

    2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft

    3) We need to fill a  lot  of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the  pressure in the world on him.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all

    Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.

    1) We actually have some young QB talent

    2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft

    3) We need to fill a  lot  of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the  pressure in the world on him.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.

    1) We actually have some young QB talent

    2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft

    3) We need to fill a  lot  of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the  pressure in the world on him.

    What upcoming draft? NEXT YEAR?

    Kizer? Hogan? You're going to bank on these two guys?

    The Browns already have FIVE picks in the first two rounds, how many more picks do they need? Jesus, stop being cute and just take the QB STARING YOU RIGHT IN YOUR Shmucking FACE.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    We may be picking first in the draft again boys.

    The only other 0-5 teams are San Fran and the NY Giants. I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't win at least 4 games, even as crappy as their season is going.

    San Fran is good competition for the #1, but I think they can win 2 or 3. I seriously think this Browns team is going to threaten 0-16 again.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by stillmotion

    @dutch-oven said:

    The only other 0-5 teams are San Fran and the NY Giants. I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't win at least 4 games, even as crappy as their season is going.

    San Fran is good competition for the #1, but I think they can win 2 or 3. I seriously think this Browns team is going to threaten 0-16 again.

    San Fran wins 3 and the Giants win 5. We might beat the bears. But if Hue keeps Kizer starting all season, I can see us at 0-16

  • yep....Hues stupidity just cost us another game

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    yep....Hues stupidity just cost us another game

    Hue didn't shank those FGs. to his credit- he did start Hogan after Kizer stunk up the joint...   

    @mld-woody said:

    We're not getting rid of Hue guys

    I'm not so sure of that anymore...  

    @mudfly said:

    I have Hue starting Kizer.....OR.....making some excuses for him, then a mystery injury pops up during the week.....next week both him and Britt get migraines and twisted ankles

    After Earthmover RG III, and Just trust me Kizer, Hue's going down with the Good Ship Kizer. Three strikes and you're out. 

    @d-bone said:

    I hoped that Peppers would be like ERock (Eric Turner for some of you younger dudes) and make an immediate impact from opening day, but so far, that hasn't been the case...... and that's being very kind. 

    You can't make an impact playing on the warning track, as was pointed out elsewhere. 

  • REMAINING SCHEDULE,  plug in your own projections...... 😳

    6    Oct 15    CLE @ HOU    NRG Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    7    Oct 22    TEN @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    8    Oct 29    MIN @ CLE    Twickenham Stadium    9:30 AM    Tickets    NFLN         
    9    Bye    
    10    Nov 12    CLE @ DET    Ford Field    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    11    Nov 19    JAX @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    12    Nov 26    CLE @ CIN    Paul Brown Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    13    Dec 03    CLE @ LAC    StubHub Center    4:05 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    14    Dec 10    GB @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    FOX         
    15    Dec 17    BAL @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    16    Dec 24    CLE @ CHI    Soldier Field    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    17    Dec 31    CLE @ PIT    Heinz Field    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS     

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    REMAINING SCHEDULE,  plug in your own projections...... 😳

    6    Oct 15    CLE @ HOU    NRG Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    7    Oct 22    TEN @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    8    Oct 29    MIN @ CLE    Twickenham Stadium    9:30 AM    Tickets    NFLN         
    9    Bye    
    10    Nov 12    CLE @ DET    Ford Field    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    11    Nov 19    JAX @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    12    Nov 26    CLE @ CIN    Paul Brown Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    13    Dec 03    CLE @ LAC    StubHub Center    4:05 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    14    Dec 10    GB @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    FOX         
    15    Dec 17    BAL @ CLE    FirstEnergy Stadium    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    16    Dec 24    CLE @ CHI    Soldier Field    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS         
    17    Dec 31    CLE @ PIT    Heinz Field    1:00 PM    Tickets    CBS     

    Could well be another 1-15. Don't often agree with Grossi, but I'll accept his take- this team is coming apart. 0-8 at the bye, and fair chance Hue is bye-bye, Williams promoted to HC. Especially if the stubborn goober sticks to his guns and keeps on taking losses with his pet project Kizer.