***Official Browns Vs. N.Y. Jets Game Day Thread***
-
I keep saying that Peppers was a player that played close to the LOS. So we play him on the warning track. Doesn't make sense to me.....
I keep saying that Peppers was a player that played close to the LOS. So we play him on the warning track. Doesn't make sense to me.....
coaching....I been saying all along.....they dont know where or how to maximize talent.....
Hell...Pettine got 11 sacks outta Kruger...a pro-bowl outta Barnidge.....a 1000 yards outta Benji......coaching
We had 5 or 6 guys play in the 2015 pro-bowl....let that sink in......and all are guys we immediately decided were washed up, worn out, etc....which may be (cause shashi dumped em all).....but I guarantee you, their coach had something to do with putting them in position to succeed....and knowing how to use these washed up old men, playing on the worst team in the league.....
-
Cleveland WON
...the toss.
Cleveland WON
...the toss.
HIGHLIGHT!
-
Peppers has been a disappointment thus far.
-
When you play 30 yards off of the LOS there isn't much you can do. Williams has decided this is the defense he wants to run, and every other DB on this team is worse at his "angel" position than Peppers. We finally started using him closer to the LOS a few times today and he made an impact.
The last punt return today the gunner got right by our guy and had a dead on run at Peppers. No way he could even return it.
The hate here towards Peppers is amazing though. We have someone on here calling him one of the least valuable players in the entire NFL.... come on. There are a handful of posters here ready to pounce on anything he does that is an INT or return TD. But keep telling me there is no bias, smh.
-
-
Watching the Green Bay/Dallas game was like watching another sport entirely in comparison to today's "game".
-
Not going to wade thru this thread.
Very hard game to take... Left at least 2 TDs and 2 FGs on the field.
Nonetheless there were positives.... over 400 yards total offense... including 140 yards rushing... an INT plus a Jet ball on the ground... allowed only 34 rushing yards and 212 total... 3 sacks with 2 by you-know-who... allowed only one sack.
All that said... a statistically dominant loss is still a loss... a bitt...ersweet, stings-like-a-bitch loss...
See y'all tomorrow...
GO TRIBE!
-
I went to the game...and can’t say I’m surprised by the way this team played.
I can’t believe Hue sent out the FG unit, changed his mind...called a timeout...and went for it on 4th down.
We may be picking first in the draft again boys.
-
I went to the game...and can’t say I’m surprised by the way this team played.
I can’t believe Hue sent out the FG unit, changed his mind...called a timeout...and went for it on 4th down.
We may be picking first in the draft again boys.
We may be picking first in the draft again boys.
The only other 0-5 teams are San Fran and the NY Giants. I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't win at least 4 games, even as crappy as their season is going.
San Fran is good competition for the #1, but I think they can win 2 or 3. I seriously think this Browns team is going to threaten 0-16 again.
-
And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all
-
And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all
And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all
He's officially tanking. Im serios when insay he's tanking draft stock right now to avoid the #1 pick
-
I always kinda liked Peppers(cept when he struts like a peaSock)...anyhow, I only comment and pick on him because I like to make woody squeal like a girl////
(works EVERY time)....hahahaha
I always kinda liked Peppers(cept when he struts like a peaSock)...anyhow, I only comment and pick on him because I like to make woody squeal like a girl////
(works EVERY time)....hahahaha
If you call correcting people "squeeling like a girl", then more power to you. I mean, I'd prefer to be on the side that isn't incorrect or completely biased, but to each his own.
You could come on here and say 2+2=5. I'd say no, it is 4. And you can call that a win too if you'd like
-
And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all
And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all
Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.
1) We actually have some young QB talent
2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft
3) We need to fill a lot of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the pressure in the world on him.
-
And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all
Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.
1) We actually have some young QB talent
2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft
3) We need to fill a lot of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the pressure in the world on him.
Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.
1) We actually have some young QB talent
2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft
3) We need to fill a lot of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the pressure in the world on him.
What upcoming draft? NEXT YEAR?
Kizer? Hogan? You're going to bank on these two guys?
The Browns already have FIVE picks in the first two rounds, how many more picks do they need? Jesus, stop being cute and just take the QB STARING YOU RIGHT IN YOUR Shmucking FACE.
-
We may be picking first in the draft again boys.
The only other 0-5 teams are San Fran and the NY Giants. I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't win at least 4 games, even as crappy as their season is going.
San Fran is good competition for the #1, but I think they can win 2 or 3. I seriously think this Browns team is going to threaten 0-16 again.
The only other 0-5 teams are San Fran and the NY Giants. I'd be shocked if the Giants didn't win at least 4 games, even as crappy as their season is going.
San Fran is good competition for the #1, but I think they can win 2 or 3. I seriously think this Browns team is going to threaten 0-16 again.
San Fran wins 3 and the Giants win 5. We might beat the bears. But if Hue keeps Kizer starting all season, I can see us at 0-16
-
yep....Hues stupidity just cost us another game
Hue didn't shank those FGs. to his credit- he did start Hogan after Kizer stunk up the joint...
We're not getting rid of Hue guys
I'm not so sure of that anymore...
I have Hue starting Kizer.....OR.....making some excuses for him, then a mystery injury pops up during the week.....next week both him and Britt get migraines and twisted ankles
After Earthmover RG III, and Just trust me Kizer, Hue's going down with the Good Ship Kizer. Three strikes and you're out.
I hoped that Peppers would be like ERock (Eric Turner for some of you younger dudes) and make an immediate impact from opening day, but so far, that hasn't been the case...... and that's being very kind.
You can't make an impact playing on the warning track, as was pointed out elsewhere.
-
REMAINING SCHEDULE, plug in your own projections......

6 Oct 15 CLE @ HOU NRG Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
7 Oct 22 TEN @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
8 Oct 29 MIN @ CLE Twickenham Stadium 9:30 AM Tickets NFLN
9 Bye
10 Nov 12 CLE @ DET Ford Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
11 Nov 19 JAX @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
12 Nov 26 CLE @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
13 Dec 03 CLE @ LAC StubHub Center 4:05 PM Tickets CBS
14 Dec 10 GB @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX
15 Dec 17 BAL @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
16 Dec 24 CLE @ CHI Soldier Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
17 Dec 31 CLE @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBSREMAINING SCHEDULE, plug in your own projections......

6 Oct 15 CLE @ HOU NRG Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
7 Oct 22 TEN @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
8 Oct 29 MIN @ CLE Twickenham Stadium 9:30 AM Tickets NFLN
9 Bye
10 Nov 12 CLE @ DET Ford Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
11 Nov 19 JAX @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
12 Nov 26 CLE @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
13 Dec 03 CLE @ LAC StubHub Center 4:05 PM Tickets CBS
14 Dec 10 GB @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX
15 Dec 17 BAL @ CLE FirstEnergy Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
16 Dec 24 CLE @ CHI Soldier Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS
17 Dec 31 CLE @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBSCould well be another 1-15. Don't often agree with Grossi, but I'll accept his take- this team is coming apart. 0-8 at the bye, and fair chance Hue is bye-bye, Williams promoted to HC. Especially if the stubborn goober sticks to his guns and keeps on taking losses with his pet project Kizer.
-
And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all
Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.
1) We actually have some young QB talent
2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft
3) We need to fill a lot of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the pressure in the world on him.
Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.
1) We actually have some young QB talent
2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft
3) We need to fill a lot of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the pressure in the world on him.
haven't we heard that every year for the past 10 years?
-
And if they do anything with that first pick other than just turn in Darnold and ignore the offers, god help us all
Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.
1) We actually have some young QB talent
2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft
3) We need to fill a lot of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the pressure in the world on him.
Screw that. I'd rather trade back slightly to some QB needy team and make out like bank robbers.
1) We actually have some young QB talent
2) There are a ton of QBs in the upcoming draft
3) We need to fill a lot of holes still. Give me 3 high picks instead of 1 on a QB with all of the pressure in the world on him.
Then we sit where we are and take the QB of our choice. We already have two firsts (one guaranteed to be top 10 at this rate), and three seconds. How many do you think we need? Our record over the last three seasons has been historically bad. You just cant keep kicking the can down the road amassing future assets.
Looks like we gave the Eagles their franchise qb, we went shopping in the bargain bin again, and got a mouldy Kizer Roll.
-
Ya know, I predicted a Browns victory and I'm sorry. It was stupid and naive, and I should've known. The upsetting aspect of my prediction was I basically correct about virtually everything except the score. I knew our defense would shut them down. I felt good about what Duke and Crow would provide, and I said we'd get our TE's involved more and we'd have enough offense to win the game. I was basically right about every single aspect of the game...except the most important thing...the score.
While it's frustrating and enraging to lose this game, the loss has a darker feel to it because we fans know what it means. We've felt this situation too many times before, and we now know what is coming...another rebuild. Despite what Jimmy Haslam has said, this entire regime is completely toast. From the head coach to our front office, they're all gone. It's another week of watching Deshaun Watson light up the stat sheet, it's another week of seeing Carson Wentz win a game and play well, it's another week of our QB looking mentally handicapped and turning the ball over like a moron. An absolute moron. I can't even bring myself to say his name. I don't want to hear anything about how young he is, how he needs time, or how he doesn't have weapons to throw to. I've made all these excuses for him myself, as recently as last week, and I won't do it anymore. I've completely changed my mind, and no... I am not making a rash decision. Kizer cannot quickly read the field and decisively deliver the ball accurately to the correct person. He can't. He missed multiple touchdown passes because he didn't see them.
Hue Jackson is BEGGING to be fired. We're at the 3 yard line, it's 2nd down, and we don't try to run it in. The option play was a stupid gimmick with a high chance of turnover. Going for it on 4th down wasn't smart, but it can be defended. However, the PLAY CALL can't be defended. The kicker was lined up and ready to go, but Hue SPRINTS down the field and calls a timeout. Why not tie it up and give the kid some confidence? How demoralizing was that to our struggling kicker? But ok...we're going for it. Surely Hue has an AMAZING play ready to go, right? He's seen something on tape that shows a weakness, something the Jets are giving away, something really, REALLY good, RIGHT? Hahaha, WRONG. "OK, OK....I got it guys! They'll never see this coming! You guys ready? OK...we're going to RUN IT UP THE MIDDLE!"
Nah nah nah nah....NAH NAH NAH NAH...hey hey hey....GOODBYE!
WHO DOESN'T TIE THE GAME UP AT HOME WITH 11 MINUTES TO GO IN THE GAME?! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login