More Peyton Manning speculation
-
One other thing of note. Being GM has worked out quite well with another former Denver QB SB winner. I'm sure Peyton has had many a conversation with him over their years together. We could do and have done far worse.
-
Peyton Manning is coming to Cleveland to save the Browns???..hahahahahahahahshohohohohohehehehehehehahahaha. whew, that's a good one. I hear Tom Brady wants to help him as soon as he retires too. That's some funny poop there.
-
I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...
OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???
I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...
OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???
He's played on a higher level with and against the best players the college system and the pros have to offer. That personal experience should give him an insight as to why one player might be a better teammate than another who's statistics on paper might look better . I'm assuming he knows the game as well as or better than most people involved in the game. While you are pondering things what qualifications does Ozzie Newsome bring to the table? Or Sashi Brown? I doubt one of Peyton Manning's responsibilities will, or should, be to count beans.
WSS
-
I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...
OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???
-
Stop this topic already its embarrassing.
-
Stop this topic already its embarrassing.
Stop this topic already its embarrassing.
Can we go back to talking about cool things like the Browns being the DII college equivalent of a pro football team?
*jumps out a window*
-
I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...
OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???
-
-
The "Peyton Manning being our GM" thing came around before.....the year that he retired. The connection was Haslam and his love of Manning's alma mater. I believe that they knew one another to some degree from Manning's college days. I should think that THAT right there would be enough reason for Manning to stay away from us.
Manning & Kosar are a lot alike to me. Neither was going to hurt you with their legs and neither was ever fooled by a defense.
-
The "Peyton Manning being our GM" thing came around before.....the year that he retired. The connection was Haslam and his love of Manning's alma mater. I believe that they knew one another to some degree from Manning's college days. I should think that THAT right there would be enough reason for Manning to stay away from us.
Manning & Kosar are a lot alike to me. Neither was going to hurt you with their legs and neither was ever fooled by a defense.
The "Peyton Manning being our GM" thing came around before.....the year that he retired. The connection was Haslam and his love of Manning's alma mater. I believe that they knew one another to some degree from Manning's college days. I should think that THAT right there would be enough reason for Manning to stay away from us.
Manning & Kosar are a lot alike to me. Neither was going to hurt you with their legs and neither was ever fooled by a defense.
And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....
WSS
-
The "Peyton Manning being our GM" thing came around before.....the year that he retired. The connection was Haslam and his love of Manning's alma mater. I believe that they knew one another to some degree from Manning's college days. I should think that THAT right there would be enough reason for Manning to stay away from us.
Manning & Kosar are a lot alike to me. Neither was going to hurt you with their legs and neither was ever fooled by a defense.
And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....
WSS
And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....
WSS
Alcoholism is a disease.
-
The "Peyton Manning being our GM" thing came around before.....the year that he retired. The connection was Haslam and his love of Manning's alma mater. I believe that they knew one another to some degree from Manning's college days. I should think that THAT right there would be enough reason for Manning to stay away from us.
Manning & Kosar are a lot alike to me. Neither was going to hurt you with their legs and neither was ever fooled by a defense.
And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....
WSS
And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....
WSS
How many guesses do I get?
-
And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....
WSS
Alcoholism is a disease.
Alcoholism is a disease.
It is indeed. I think there is a 24 hour version of it going around oh, I seem to catch it 2 or 3 times a year.
WSS
-
Ozzie Newsome had been in the Browns/Ravens front office since 1991 by the time he was named GM of the Ravens in 2002. He worked his way up to the position.
Initially Ozzie's FO assignment was almost a token appointment partially for being a Browns legend and good guy but in time worked out quite well.
The current Browns FO, coaching and other player and personnel decisions look more like the game TWISTER.

-
Manning as GM cannot be possibly worse than the likes of lombardi, Savage, Brown, Farmer.
What do you ya'll think of signing Cousins for 2018?
-
Manning as GM cannot be possibly worse than the likes of lombardi, Savage, Brown, Farmer.
What do you ya'll think of signing Cousins for 2018?
-
I think he will want nothing to do with this franchise, and the Browns will use their 1st overall pick on Sam Darnold, USC QB.
Hope so.
But we are going to have to out suck the 49ers. Maybe they are set at QB?
Maybe Shanahan will take Kirk Cousins off Washington's hands.
WSS
-
I think he will want nothing to do with this franchise, and the Browns will use their 1st overall pick on Sam Darnold, USC QB.
Hope so.
But we are going to have to out suck the 49ers. Maybe they are set at QB?
Maybe Shanahan will take Kirk Cousins off Washington's hands.
WSS
But we are going to have to out suck the 49ers. Maybe they are set at QB? Maybe Shanahan will take Kirk Cousins off Washington's hands.
Shanny's love of Cousins, and vice versa, gives me hope that SF is the only team we will not have to "out suck"to gain pick of the litter... assuming our pick is the consensus pick.
-
But we are going to have to out suck the 49ers. Maybe they are set at QB? Maybe Shanahan will take Kirk Cousins off Washington's hands.
Shanny's love of Cousins, and vice versa, gives me hope that SF is the only team we will not have to "out suck"to gain pick of the litter... assuming our pick is the consensus pick.
Shanny's love of Cousins, and vice versa, gives me hope that SF is the only team we will not have to "out suck"to gain pick of the litter... assuming our pick is the consensus pick.
If San Fran ended up with the #1 overall pick but was able to sign Cousins, I'd be shocked if they didn't dangle the pick for a ransom. The Browns would probably have to trade up to #1 to ensure they get their guy. (Unless, of course they liked Rosen or Allen more than Darnold, if Darnold is the consensus #1 pick. Then the Browns could just sit and let their guy fall into their laps)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login