Skip to content

London Calling ...

The Browns Board
109 16 4.4k
  • @the-gipper said:

    This does not include air fare. Only 4 nights.

    The "base airfare" one does... by definition.

    Reading comprehension... you really should try it.

    @tour2ma said:

    The "base airfare" one does... by definition.

    Reading comprehension... you really should try it.

    One out of 5 packages includes it. All the others do not. I know what I read. And that one was over 4K per person.

    Are you going? Taking the spouse...or hooking up with other BB members?

  • Still can hook anyone up with London condos:

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $1600.00 Occupancy: 6 people

    1BR starting 11/28 for about $1350.00-1450.00 Occupancy: 4

    Studio starting 11/28 for about $1350.00 Occupancy: 3

    Or...Kent/Canterbury (55 miles from London)

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $750.00 Occupancy: 6.

  • You can probably also go on to AirBnB and find all kinds of "flats" and studios for varying prices per night. Much much cheaper than the Browns rate.

  • If anyone wanted to make this a longer trip to the UK, I can hook you up with a post game week starting Nov. 4th with 2BR condos in Inverness Scotland for about $600.00 for a week. Or a 2BR in Aberfoyle Scotland for about $550.00 a week.

    Or, a pregame week in Wales for about $820.00 2BR, 10/21 to 10/28.

    Prefer the Continent. I have Paris weeks ranging from like $800.00 a week to as much as 2K.

    French Riviera? Weeks for as low an about $400.00 up to $900. for a 1BR or studio. In Cannes.

    French Alps? A week for as little as just over $400.00. 1BR.

    Ireland? County Galway THREE Bedroom for under $700.00 for the week. County Clare: 2BR for just over $400.00

    Southern Spain? various 1BR/studios 2BR from @$450-1000.00

  • Flight is now booked...

    PUB CRAWL 2017!!!

  • Flight is now booked...

    PUB CRAWL 2017!!!

    @tour2ma said:

    Flight is now booked...

    PUB CRAWL 2017!!!

    Trying to determine if the prices from Dayton/Cincinnati will go up or down. Always the crap shoot. Current round trip = $1225; Leave Thursday return Tuesday.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Flight is now booked...

    PUB CRAWL 2017!!!

    Trying to determine if the prices from Dayton/Cincinnati will go up or down. Always the crap shoot. Current round trip = $1225; Leave Thursday return Tuesday.

    @kvozel said:

    Trying to determine if the prices from Dayton/Cincinnati will go up or down. Always the crap shoot. Current round trip = $1225; Leave Thursday return Tuesday.

    Been watching them for weeks... started at $960-ish... climbed quickly into the $1200's and have crept up a bit more from there.

    Pulled the trigger figuring if they fare does drop late, then I can pay a fee to change and net some savings. Main cabin was about 70% full with most of the "extra charge" (6" more legroom) seats still empty.

    Working on London accommodations now... will likely go B&B's...

  • @kvozel said:

    Trying to determine if the prices from Dayton/Cincinnati will go up or down. Always the crap shoot. Current round trip = $1225; Leave Thursday return Tuesday.

    Been watching them for weeks... started at $960-ish... climbed quickly into the $1200's and have crept up a bit more from there.

    Pulled the trigger figuring if they fare does drop late, then I can pay a fee to change and net some savings. Main cabin was about 70% full with most of the "extra charge" (6" more legroom) seats still empty.

    Working on London accommodations now... will likely go B&B's...

    @tour2ma said:

    Been watching them for weeks... started at $960-ish... climbed quickly into the $1200's and have crept up a bit more from there.

    Pulled the trigger figuring if they fare does drop late, then I can pay a fee to change and net some savings. Main cabin was about 70% full with most of the "extra charge" (6" more legroom) seats still empty.

    Working on London accommodations now... will likely go B&B's...

    Taking your spouse?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Been watching them for weeks... started at $960-ish... climbed quickly into the $1200's and have crept up a bit more from there.

    Pulled the trigger figuring if they fare does drop late, then I can pay a fee to change and net some savings. Main cabin was about 70% full with most of the "extra charge" (6" more legroom) seats still empty.

    Working on London accommodations now... will likely go B&B's...

    Taking your spouse?

    @the-gipper said:

    Taking your spouse?

    Yes, Sir... she'll be the one in the JJ Watt jersey...

  • Our flights are into/ out of Heathrow. Just booked a King room for final nite's stay at the Hyatt Heathrow for $66+change all-in, except breakfast, using Hotels.com.

    Not convenient to London proper, but is not far from Tottenham Stadium.

  • Here ya go... one of you assholes better win this..

    Win a trip to see the Browns play in London

    050417-londong-in-article-image.jpg

    FirstEnergy and the Browns are teaming up to send one lucky Browns fan and a guest to London this fall when the Browns take on the Vikings! The prize includes:
    • Two round-trip airfares from Cleveland to London
    • Three nights hotel accommodations
    • Two tickets to the 10/29 game at Twickenham Stadium
    • View official rules

    Register below to enter...

    Registration form is on the site: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-landing/Win-a-trip-to-see-the-Browns-play-in-London/1d7410b7-1961-4348-852c-d3f375e1bb85

    And it'll only cost you a little more spam for your spam filter...

  • FYI to my fellow travelers...

    There's a London BrownsBackers group, The British Bulldawgs.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/britishbulldawgsbrownsbackers/

    Some discussion about the Browns organizing gatherings during the weekend in the page's FAQ drop, but nothing firm as yet.

  • I plan to purchase airline tickets tomorrow. They have actually dropped a bit.

  • I plan to purchase airline tickets tomorrow. They have actually dropped a bit.

    @kvozel said:

    I plan to purchase airline tickets tomorrow. They have actually dropped a bit.

    Nice...

    No such luck out of DFW so far, but still time and if makes sense to pay a penalty to change, then I'm on it...

  • Any details on how many of us are actually going?

    I see 4 with Tour and +1 and myself with a +1. Although my +1 is not a spousal unit 😁

  • Here ya go... one of you assholes better win this..

    Win a trip to see the Browns play in London

    050417-londong-in-article-image.jpg

    FirstEnergy and the Browns are teaming up to send one lucky Browns fan and a guest to London this fall when the Browns take on the Vikings! The prize includes:
    • Two round-trip airfares from Cleveland to London
    • Three nights hotel accommodations
    • Two tickets to the 10/29 game at Twickenham Stadium
    • View official rules

    Register below to enter...

    Registration form is on the site: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-landing/Win-a-trip-to-see-the-Browns-play-in-London/1d7410b7-1961-4348-852c-d3f375e1bb85

    And it'll only cost you a little more spam for your spam filter...

    @tour2ma said:

    Here ya go... one of you assholes better win this..

    Win a trip to see the Browns play in London

    FirstEnergy and the Browns are teaming up to send one lucky Browns fan and a guest to London this fall when the Browns take on the Vikings! The prize includes:

    • Two round-trip airfares from Cleveland to London

    • Three nights hotel accommodations

    • Two tickets to the 10/29 game at Twickenham Stadium

    • View official rules

    Register below to enter...

    Registration form is on the site: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-landing/Win-a-trip-to-see-the-Browns-play-in-London/1d7410b7-1961-4348-852c-d3f375e1bb85

    And it'll only cost you a little more spam for your spam filter...

    Already get email from them Tour. Now if I could just get Bike Nashbar to stop sending me "hot deal of the day" junk, I'd be really happy.

  • Still can hook anyone up with London condos:

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $1600.00 Occupancy: 6 people

    1BR starting 11/28 for about $1350.00-1450.00 Occupancy: 4

    Studio starting 11/28 for about $1350.00 Occupancy: 3

    Or...Kent/Canterbury (55 miles from London)

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $750.00 Occupancy: 6.

    @the-gipper said:

    Still can hook anyone up with London condos:

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $1600.00 Occupancy: 6 people

    1BR starting 11/28 for about $1350.00-1450.00 Occupancy: 4

    Studio starting 11/28 for about $1350.00 Occupancy: 3

    Or...Kent/Canterbury (55 miles from London)

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $750.00 Occupancy: 6.

    These are still available..if a group of you or any of you want to stay a full week.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Here ya go... one of you assholes better win this..

    Win a trip to see the Browns play in London

    FirstEnergy and the Browns are teaming up to send one lucky Browns fan and a guest to London this fall when the Browns take on the Vikings! The prize includes:

    • Two round-trip airfares from Cleveland to London

    • Three nights hotel accommodations

    • Two tickets to the 10/29 game at Twickenham Stadium

    • View official rules

    Register below to enter...

    Registration form is on the site: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-landing/Win-a-trip-to-see-the-Browns-play-in-London/1d7410b7-1961-4348-852c-d3f375e1bb85

    And it'll only cost you a little more spam for your spam filter...

    Already get email from them Tour. Now if I could just get Bike Nashbar to stop sending me "hot deal of the day" junk, I'd be really happy.

    Thanks, Gip, but I'll be staying 3 nites total on London, two before the game and last nite overseas.

    Still looking for the former, but for the latter I've a Hotel close to Heathrow for $66, or so, all in...

    @hoorta said:

    Already get email from them Tour. Now if I could just get Bike Nashbar to stop sending me "hot deal of the day" junk, I'd be really happy.

    You must be "special", h... 😉

    I get very little from clevelandbrowns.com... mostly notices of Live pressers... and all is caught in spam folder.

  • Thanks, Gip, but I'll be staying 3 nites total on London, two before the game and last nite overseas.

    Still looking for the former, but for the latter I've a Hotel close to Heathrow for $66, or so, all in...

    @hoorta said:

    Already get email from them Tour. Now if I could just get Bike Nashbar to stop sending me "hot deal of the day" junk, I'd be really happy.

    You must be "special", h... 😉

    I get very little from clevelandbrowns.com... mostly notices of Live pressers... and all is caught in spam folder.

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, Gip, but I'll be staying 3 nites total on London, two before the game and last nite overseas.

    Still looking for the former, but for the latter I've a Hotel close to Heathrow for $66, or so, all in...

    Just seems like a long way to go...and a major expense to go for just 3 nights. Did you get a good airfare price?

  • I did not say my plans are for a three-day trip... 😉

    Will be "Chunneling" to Paris Monday after the game... just book-ending in London.

    ... and no... the airfare sucks...