Skip to content

London Calling ...

The Browns Board
109 16 4.4k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Been watching them for weeks... started at $960-ish... climbed quickly into the $1200's and have crept up a bit more from there.

    Pulled the trigger figuring if they fare does drop late, then I can pay a fee to change and net some savings. Main cabin was about 70% full with most of the "extra charge" (6" more legroom) seats still empty.

    Working on London accommodations now... will likely go B&B's...

    Taking your spouse?

    @the-gipper said:

    Taking your spouse?

    Yes, Sir... she'll be the one in the JJ Watt jersey...

  • Our flights are into/ out of Heathrow. Just booked a King room for final nite's stay at the Hyatt Heathrow for $66+change all-in, except breakfast, using Hotels.com.

    Not convenient to London proper, but is not far from Tottenham Stadium.

  • Here ya go... one of you assholes better win this..

    Win a trip to see the Browns play in London

    050417-londong-in-article-image.jpg

    FirstEnergy and the Browns are teaming up to send one lucky Browns fan and a guest to London this fall when the Browns take on the Vikings! The prize includes:
    • Two round-trip airfares from Cleveland to London
    • Three nights hotel accommodations
    • Two tickets to the 10/29 game at Twickenham Stadium
    • View official rules

    Register below to enter...

    Registration form is on the site: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-landing/Win-a-trip-to-see-the-Browns-play-in-London/1d7410b7-1961-4348-852c-d3f375e1bb85

    And it'll only cost you a little more spam for your spam filter...

  • FYI to my fellow travelers...

    There's a London BrownsBackers group, The British Bulldawgs.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/britishbulldawgsbrownsbackers/

    Some discussion about the Browns organizing gatherings during the weekend in the page's FAQ drop, but nothing firm as yet.

  • I plan to purchase airline tickets tomorrow. They have actually dropped a bit.

  • I plan to purchase airline tickets tomorrow. They have actually dropped a bit.

    @kvozel said:

    I plan to purchase airline tickets tomorrow. They have actually dropped a bit.

    Nice...

    No such luck out of DFW so far, but still time and if makes sense to pay a penalty to change, then I'm on it...

  • Any details on how many of us are actually going?

    I see 4 with Tour and +1 and myself with a +1. Although my +1 is not a spousal unit 😁

  • Here ya go... one of you assholes better win this..

    Win a trip to see the Browns play in London

    050417-londong-in-article-image.jpg

    FirstEnergy and the Browns are teaming up to send one lucky Browns fan and a guest to London this fall when the Browns take on the Vikings! The prize includes:
    • Two round-trip airfares from Cleveland to London
    • Three nights hotel accommodations
    • Two tickets to the 10/29 game at Twickenham Stadium
    • View official rules

    Register below to enter...

    Registration form is on the site: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-landing/Win-a-trip-to-see-the-Browns-play-in-London/1d7410b7-1961-4348-852c-d3f375e1bb85

    And it'll only cost you a little more spam for your spam filter...

    @tour2ma said:

    Here ya go... one of you assholes better win this..

    Win a trip to see the Browns play in London

    FirstEnergy and the Browns are teaming up to send one lucky Browns fan and a guest to London this fall when the Browns take on the Vikings! The prize includes:

    • Two round-trip airfares from Cleveland to London

    • Three nights hotel accommodations

    • Two tickets to the 10/29 game at Twickenham Stadium

    • View official rules

    Register below to enter...

    Registration form is on the site: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-landing/Win-a-trip-to-see-the-Browns-play-in-London/1d7410b7-1961-4348-852c-d3f375e1bb85

    And it'll only cost you a little more spam for your spam filter...

    Already get email from them Tour. Now if I could just get Bike Nashbar to stop sending me "hot deal of the day" junk, I'd be really happy.

  • Still can hook anyone up with London condos:

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $1600.00 Occupancy: 6 people

    1BR starting 11/28 for about $1350.00-1450.00 Occupancy: 4

    Studio starting 11/28 for about $1350.00 Occupancy: 3

    Or...Kent/Canterbury (55 miles from London)

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $750.00 Occupancy: 6.

    @the-gipper said:

    Still can hook anyone up with London condos:

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $1600.00 Occupancy: 6 people

    1BR starting 11/28 for about $1350.00-1450.00 Occupancy: 4

    Studio starting 11/28 for about $1350.00 Occupancy: 3

    Or...Kent/Canterbury (55 miles from London)

    2BR starting 11/28 for about $750.00 Occupancy: 6.

    These are still available..if a group of you or any of you want to stay a full week.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Here ya go... one of you assholes better win this..

    Win a trip to see the Browns play in London

    FirstEnergy and the Browns are teaming up to send one lucky Browns fan and a guest to London this fall when the Browns take on the Vikings! The prize includes:

    • Two round-trip airfares from Cleveland to London

    • Three nights hotel accommodations

    • Two tickets to the 10/29 game at Twickenham Stadium

    • View official rules

    Register below to enter...

    Registration form is on the site: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-landing/Win-a-trip-to-see-the-Browns-play-in-London/1d7410b7-1961-4348-852c-d3f375e1bb85

    And it'll only cost you a little more spam for your spam filter...

    Already get email from them Tour. Now if I could just get Bike Nashbar to stop sending me "hot deal of the day" junk, I'd be really happy.

    Thanks, Gip, but I'll be staying 3 nites total on London, two before the game and last nite overseas.

    Still looking for the former, but for the latter I've a Hotel close to Heathrow for $66, or so, all in...

    @hoorta said:

    Already get email from them Tour. Now if I could just get Bike Nashbar to stop sending me "hot deal of the day" junk, I'd be really happy.

    You must be "special", h... 😉

    I get very little from clevelandbrowns.com... mostly notices of Live pressers... and all is caught in spam folder.

  • Thanks, Gip, but I'll be staying 3 nites total on London, two before the game and last nite overseas.

    Still looking for the former, but for the latter I've a Hotel close to Heathrow for $66, or so, all in...

    @hoorta said:

    Already get email from them Tour. Now if I could just get Bike Nashbar to stop sending me "hot deal of the day" junk, I'd be really happy.

    You must be "special", h... 😉

    I get very little from clevelandbrowns.com... mostly notices of Live pressers... and all is caught in spam folder.

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, Gip, but I'll be staying 3 nites total on London, two before the game and last nite overseas.

    Still looking for the former, but for the latter I've a Hotel close to Heathrow for $66, or so, all in...

    Just seems like a long way to go...and a major expense to go for just 3 nights. Did you get a good airfare price?

  • I did not say my plans are for a three-day trip... 😉

    Will be "Chunneling" to Paris Monday after the game... just book-ending in London.

    ... and no... the airfare sucks...

  • I did not say my plans are for a three-day trip... 😉

    Will be "Chunneling" to Paris Monday after the game... just book-ending in London.

    ... and no... the airfare sucks...

    @tour2ma said:

    I did not say my plans are for a three-day trip... 😉

    Will be "Chunneling" to Paris Monday after the game... just book-ending in London.

    ... and no... the airfare sucks...

    Ah....OK. Good deal.

  • Just purchased my airfare.

    Woof Woof !

  • Attaboy... I received a reply to an email I sent the London Browns Bulldawgs' President over nite...

    We are definitely planning some get togethers and now the date and time of
    the game is finalised, we will soon be in a position to communicate the
    details. I will keep you on my email list to get in touch once we are ready
    to do so but worth keeping an eye on our Facebook page as well.

    Looking forward to seeing you in October.

    Regards
    Steve

    I'll keep you posted...

  • Most excellent !

  • I'm gonna get Tour hammered !

  • I'm gonna get Tour hammered !

    @londonbrown said:

    I'm gonna get Tour hammered !

    In that case I'll have to bring a Swede for revenge...

  • Bump...

    Here's a section from the British Bulldawgs Browns Backers FAQ post on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/britishbulldawgsbrownsbackers/permalink/1549457255071088/ 😞

    Q. Will there be events and fan meet-ups in the days leading up to the game?
    A. Yes, the Browns have been working on parties over the weekend and they are looking good. We do not yet know if this will be open to all or ticketed events. More details as we know them.

    Q. Where should I stay?
    A. London is HUGE and choosing a hotel really varies on your budget. If you don't know London, a few suggestions would be the Waterloo or Vauxhall areas, as they are both on the line for direct trains to Twickenham, yet still considered Central London and are on the London Underground. Another option would be Gloucester Road/South Kensington area, near many free museums. From
    there, you can take the Picadilly Line (dark blue) into central London or the District Line (green) to Richmond where there will likely be shuttle buses running to Twickenham. Other areas of Central London worth looking into is anything on the Northern line of the London Underground, particularly the Charing Cross branch (areas like Tottenham Court Road, Goodge Street areas.)

    Q. How do I get from my hotel to the stadium?
    A. There's a variety of ways. It would be best to check with your hotel or on the Transport for London journey finder closer to the time in case there are any train closures that weekend. In the past, Twickenham has operated a shuttle bus from a tube station in Hounslow. I haven't heard if they're doing that this time but more details will emerge as we get closer. https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

  • so cool.

    think steve and the bulldawg peeps are gonna be really jealous of the shirts you'll be sporting......

    one of a kind best design ever....!!!....

    (if you like pale violet and orange)

    HEE HAW!!