Skip to content

RIP to a Great Browns fan, and to Ghoolie.

The Browns Board
39 34 1.7k
  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #1

    At roughly 7 am today, my Mom passed away in Youngstown. She battled COPD, and brain and bone cancer thrown in to make the end of her days even more fun. Her and my Dad were Browns fans back to the days of PB and Otto. I remember the young Monte Clark, Ray Renfro, JB, Warfield, Fiss, Gain, Wooten and a ton of old, great Browns. During the summer of 62, my Dad faced a long layoff from US Steel, so we went to Hiram at least 3 days a week to watch the Browns practice. The picture I attached is me and the greatest that ever lived. This was I believe, 1964. Jim's last hurrah. Defensive back Paul Warfield had only just begun to convince Blanton Collier to let him play receiver.

    That was the team I loved. That was the team my Mom loved. As ill as she was, she found a way to get up this past week for the Jet's Game, she was motivated and awake enough to watch her Brownies, cuss at Hue, and convince me that one day they would be winners again. I think about her, bones contorted from arthritis, and aching from cancer' her consciousness gradually being sapped from her by a brain mass, Lack of breath from COPD, unable to swallow or defecate under control, refusing the soothe of morphine, so she could stay with us, and watch football,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Browns.

    Kizer had a migrane, did he? Garrett hurt his toe? Hue is trying. The FO is doing their best. "Ghoolie, you are a bully, you are too mean and relentless on these heroes."

    Then, on top of this, ... truly, this team, this sport, this league, and the idiots supporting them, cause it to it dawns on me...........the Browns team and culture that I am passionate about is dead. 

    I hope you guys get your win. Enjoy you team. I....................................am done.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Sheet, sorry to hear u lost ur mum ghoolie.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Don't give up.

    Your mother, rest her soul, never gave up, and neither will you.

    Mourn your loss and get back out there, we need ya.

    This is going to turn around- there are brighter day ahead big guy.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Very sorry to hear about your mother. Such a terrible shame.

    You and your family are in my thoughts.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Terrible news about your mother, I hope you find some peace in the coming days. 

    RIP

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    As time goes by a smile will replace the pain of loss as you think of things you did together. Sorry for your loss. It's never easy even when you see it coming.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #7

    God bless her. 

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    So sorry for your loss.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Sorry for your loss.

    Your Mom, as mine did, left you the greatest of gifts....memories. Treasure & honor those.

    God Bless,

    Mike

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Sorry for your loss , Tom.. I'll call you in a few days.. I know you have a lot going on right now.. RIP to your Mom..

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Sorry for the loss of your Mom.  No matter how consoled you may be that she's no longer suffering, it still hurts like hell.  I know, because I've been there.  God bless her soul in heaven.

  • At roughly 7 am today, my Mom passed away in Youngstown. She battled COPD, and brain and bone cancer thrown in to make the end of her days even more fun. Her and my Dad were Browns fans back to the days of PB and Otto. I remember the young Monte Clark, Ray Renfro, JB, Warfield, Fiss, Gain, Wooten and a ton of old, great Browns. During the summer of 62, my Dad faced a long layoff from US Steel, so we went to Hiram at least 3 days a week to watch the Browns practice. The picture I attached is me and the greatest that ever lived. This was I believe, 1964. Jim's last hurrah. Defensive back Paul Warfield had only just begun to convince Blanton Collier to let him play receiver.

    That was the team I loved. That was the team my Mom loved. As ill as she was, she found a way to get up this past week for the Jet's Game, she was motivated and awake enough to watch her Brownies, cuss at Hue, and convince me that one day they would be winners again. I think about her, bones contorted from arthritis, and aching from cancer' her consciousness gradually being sapped from her by a brain mass, Lack of breath from COPD, unable to swallow or defecate under control, refusing the soothe of morphine, so she could stay with us, and watch football,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Browns.

    Kizer had a migrane, did he? Garrett hurt his toe? Hue is trying. The FO is doing their best. "Ghoolie, you are a bully, you are too mean and relentless on these heroes."

    Then, on top of this, ... truly, this team, this sport, this league, and the idiots supporting them, cause it to it dawns on me...........the Browns team and culture that I am passionate about is dead. 

    I hope you guys get your win. Enjoy you team. I....................................am done.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #12

    @ghoolie said:

    was the team I loved. was the team my Mom loved. cuss at Hue, and convince me that one day they would be winners again.....

    @canton-mike said:

    Your Mom, left you the greatest of gifts....memories. Treasure & honor those.

    One Plus One could somehow equal two again one day pal.just not today browns brother. So sorry for your personal life loss. Their never was a doubt where your team heart once was in sports.From your Browns Brothers. God Bless to your Mother & Family

  • D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Very sorry for your loss.

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Sorry about your loss man.. 
    Lets win one for the Ghoolsters mom this week!

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Sorry about your mom. You're absolutely right.  Our team died in 1995. We love football, so we watch and root for an imposter that has no other connection than to play in the same city as the original. The hopes that this team will some day be similar to the team we loved and were proud of before they left is exactly the same as me checking my lotto numbers. I always check, but know it will never happen. Still....some of us enjoy your maniacal rants, so hang in there. Also...Kevin Hogan...Bernie Kosar...the same vowels in both first and last names. Coincidence?...I think not. The comeback starts this Sunday!

  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #16

    My Mom is 84 and a cancer survivor,as am I!!! R.I.P. Momma Ghoolie! Prayers for you, your family and Mom. The Browns will be here when your done grieving,and somehow maybe a better team! Especially with Mom chearing from UP yonder! Godspeed Ghools!

  • policemanP policeman wrote on last edited by
    #17

    My condolences Ghoul. Your mom must of been a very special person to have a son like you!

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Tomorrow marks the 7th anniversary of my mother’s passing.

    It really sucks when all you have left is memories.

    You have my condolences Tom.

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you guys get to turne me into a dartboard and hoist the Lombardi.

    I just had a Brown out is all. Man, where does the time go?

  • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Sorry to hear that ghools