Quarterback conspiracy
-
I'm not sure that the guy that happened to fall to them at their second pick in the second round qualifies as 'their hand-picked quarterback'.
My guess is Hogan is in until the break, then it's Kizer for the rest of the season no matter what he does. All that goes out the window if Hogan shines though.
I'm not sure that the guy that happened to fall to them at their second pick in the second round qualifies as 'their hand-picked quarterback'.
My guess is Hogan is in until the break, then it's Kizer for the rest of the season no matter what he does. All that goes out the window if Hogan shines though.
Pretty smart for a guy in Japan... must be the seaweed in the diet.
-
My goofy opinion -
They started Kizer, but after 4 1/2 games, he needs to build on what he's learned so far, and now that he has started some games, he can go back and sit and watch...and can effectively learn by cross-referencing what he knows, with what he's seeing on the field...from the different perspective.
Before that, he wouldn't have learned from watching - didn't know enough to start with. Hogan had more pro-type experience right out of Stanford that Kizer has had in four NFL games. So, I'm good with it - I believe.../hope...that Kizer will eventually "get it" hugelyin time...Troy Aikman said he was 0-11 his rookie year - said it was really tough on a new qb in the NFL.
So, here's to hoping Kizer doesn't hit a D.A. or Weeden mental wall and stops developing. Those two never were very smart....Kizer is way too smart to hit a wall... I think.
-
Kizer is a 21 year old kid with all of three years of college experience, one of them being a red-shirt season.
It's not his fault that this franchise rushed him onto the field with craptastic talent around him. I don't know what his future is, but I'm very confident that his present was handled poorly.
-
Browns wrote the book on QB conspiracy theory..Here's a weekend theory just don't tell Poe
..Kizer moves to inactive to insure Hues plan..Hogan starts..Separates shoulder & here comes Kessler...were the browns,,deal with it..cause that's what we get..over,over like a skipping record
-
Here is what I'm going to say then I'm going to leave it. You know more what you have in year 2 than year one. Because of that I'll admit we Shmucked up with Wentz, who looks lime he will be at worst an above average starting AN. However if your going to second guess a team for not taking a mobile QB working on a simplified offensive game plan with 4 starts, I'm going to say look at RGIII. We saw this song and dance. He had an amazing rookie season, but as soon as they started to try and turn him into an actual NFL starter he crumbled. Like with Wentz, I'll wait till year two to say whether or not we screwed up.
-
Kizer is a 21 year old kid with all of three years of college experience, one of them being a red-shirt season.
It's not his fault that this franchise rushed him onto the field with craptastic talent around him. I don't know what his future is, but I'm very confident that his present was handled poorly.
Kizer is a 21 year old kid with all of three years of college experience, one of them being a red-shirt season.
It's not his fault that this franchise rushed him onto the field with craptastic talent around him. I don't know what his future is, but I'm very confident that his present was handled poorly.
Some people seem to totally miss or choose to ignore points like WRs that can catch, a cohesive OL, dependable RBs (partly an OL thing) among other things.
Oh god I just realized that baseball season is really over, must discuss the BROWNS!

-
Kizer is a 21 year old kid with all of three years of college experience, one of them being a red-shirt season.
It's not his fault that this franchise rushed him onto the field with craptastic talent around him. I don't know what his future is, but I'm very confident that his present was handled poorly.
Kizer is a 21 year old kid with all of three years of college experience, one of them being a red-shirt season.
It's not his fault that this franchise rushed him onto the field with craptastic talent around him. I don't know what his future is, but I'm very confident that his present was handled poorly.
Always felt the bar was set to low at being able to drop back from under Center, get playcalling and command of the huddle. But once the decision to start him was made, the die was cast... for better or worse it was cast.
A breather, an intermission over a tough stretch of games may turn out to be a wise move... but I'm not feeling it.
Here is what I'm going to say then I'm going to leave it. You know more what you have in year 2 than year one.
Reasonable take... issue is we have a deadline in this next draft. It'd be nice if we knew whether or not we are set at QB.
-
conspiracy time.
with the embarrassment of seeing how badly their hand-picked quarterback performed against the weakest teams in the league either the coach or the front office made the decision to start the fan favorite second string quarterback against one of the better defenses.
To show two things:
1 that Hogan is quite capable of looking bad and affording themselves and I Told You So moment and
2 keeping Kizer from looking even worse especially in direct comparison with a quarterback (another new fan favorite) they passed on.
WSS
(Btw I'm not necessarily buying into this theory just crossed my mind)
conspiracy time.
with the embarrassment of seeing how badly their hand-picked quarterback performed against the weakest teams in the league either the coach or the front office made the decision to start the fan favorite second string quarterback against one of the better defenses.
To show two things:
1 that Hogan is quite capable of looking bad and affording themselves and I Told You So moment and
2 keeping Kizer from looking even worse especially in direct comparison with a quarterback (another new fan favorite) they passed on.
WSS
(Btw I'm not necessarily buying into this theory just crossed my mind)
It would make sense if we had any talent anywhere on the roster.
-
The real QB conspiracy revolves around the reports as to who Hue really wanted. Watson says Hue texted him prior to pick 12 to be ready. Another report says Hue said after Wentz's pro day it was he best pro day he'd ever seen. Doesn't sound like a coach who wanted to draft Kizer or a coach who believed Wentz didn't have it. Sort of starting to reek of bad analytics.
-
The real QB conspiracy revolves around the reports as to who Hue really wanted. Watson says Hue texted him prior to pick 12 to be ready. Another report says Hue said after Wentz's pro day it was he best pro day he'd ever seen. Doesn't sound like a coach who wanted to draft Kizer or a coach who believed Wentz didn't have it. Sort of starting to reek of bad analytics.
The real QB conspiracy revolves around the reports as to who Hue really wanted. Watson says Hue texted him prior to pick 12 to be ready. Another report says Hue said after Wentz's pro day it was he best pro day he'd ever seen. Doesn't sound like a coach who wanted to draft Kizer or a coach who believed Wentz didn't have it. Sort of starting to reek of bad analytics.
If this is true. Fire ALL in the front office
-
The real QB conspiracy revolves around the reports as to who Hue really wanted. Watson says Hue texted him prior to pick 12 to be ready. Another report says Hue said after Wentz's pro day it was he best pro day he'd ever seen. Doesn't sound like a coach who wanted to draft Kizer or a coach who believed Wentz didn't have it. Sort of starting to reek of bad analytics.
If this is true. Fire ALL in the front office
If this is true. Fire ALL in the front office
No kidding. If one of the reasons we hire Jackson is because he's supposed to know quarterbacks and then Harvard moron overrules him to the detriment of the team it's time for football people to pick football players. Well it always was but even more important now.
WSS
-
The real QB conspiracy revolves around the reports as to who Hue really wanted. Watson says Hue texted him prior to pick 12 to be ready. Another report says Hue said after Wentz's pro day it was he best pro day he'd ever seen. Doesn't sound like a coach who wanted to draft Kizer or a coach who believed Wentz didn't have it. Sort of starting to reek of bad analytics.
The real QB conspiracy revolves around the reports as to who Hue really wanted. Watson says Hue texted him prior to pick 12 to be ready. Another report says Hue said after Wentz's pro day it was he best pro day he'd ever seen. Doesn't sound like a coach who wanted to draft Kizer or a coach who believed Wentz didn't have it. Sort of starting to reek of bad analytics.
OOOoooooh... "reports"...
-
The real QB conspiracy revolves around the reports as to who Hue really wanted. Watson says Hue texted him prior to pick 12 to be ready. Another report says Hue said after Wentz's pro day it was he best pro day he'd ever seen. Doesn't sound like a coach who wanted to draft Kizer or a coach who believed Wentz didn't have it. Sort of starting to reek of bad analytics.
OOOoooooh... "reports"...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login