Skip to content

They ALL must go

The Browns Board
123 35 5.1k
  • I'm having a hard time jumping on the WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED WATSON bandwagon when the person suggesting it admits Watson should have thrown TWO pick sixes against the Browns.

  • Ok, so who gets the pitchforks and who gets the torches? 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Ok, so who gets the pitchforks and who gets the torches? 

    Trump supporters in Charlottesville? 😆

    Sorry, too easy....

  • I'm having a hard time jumping on the WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED WATSON bandwagon when the person suggesting it admits Watson should have thrown TWO pick sixes against the Browns.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm having a hard time jumping on the WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED WATSON bandwagon when the person suggesting it admits Watson should have thrown TWO pick sixes against the Browns.

    What?  Why?  He's a rookie, they make mistakes.  The difference is, our rookie doesn't do anything good.  There has to be a dang balance.  You make a mistake, and then you score.  You make another mistake, but then you score again.  OUR QB DOESN'T SCORE ANY POINTS, MAN. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm having a hard time jumping on the WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED WATSON bandwagon when the person suggesting it admits Watson should have thrown TWO pick sixes against the Browns.

    What?  Why?  He's a rookie, they make mistakes.  The difference is, our rookie doesn't do anything good.  There has to be a dang balance.  You make a mistake, and then you score.  You make another mistake, but then you score again.  OUR QB DOESN'T SCORE ANY POINTS, MAN. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    What?  Why?  He's a rookie, they make mistakes.  The difference is, our rookie doesn't do anything good.  There has to be a dang balance.  You make a mistake, and then you score.  You make another mistake, but then you score again.  OUR QB DOESN'T SCORE ANY POINTS, MAN. 

    Some people value consistency, man.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Ok, so who gets the pitchforks and who gets the torches? 

    Trump supporters in Charlottesville? 😆

    Sorry, too easy....

    @dutch-oven said:

    Trump supporters in Charlottesville? 😆

    Sorry, too easy....

    Nope, you see politics where I made reference to a work of great literature. 

     Profiling is bad....mkay

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Trump supporters in Charlottesville? 😆

    Sorry, too easy....

    Nope, you see politics where I made reference to a work of great literature. 

     Profiling is bad....mkay

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Nope, you see politics where I made reference to a work of great literature. 

     Profiling is bad....mkay

    Frankenstein?

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Nope, you see politics where I made reference to a work of great literature. 

     Profiling is bad....mkay

    Frankenstein?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Frankenstein?

    Of course. And March straight to the Haslam mansion and string em up!

  • @wargograw said:

    Aaaand that’s why we suck

    Yep, that's why..... It has nothing to do with the players, coaches and FO..... It's all because of the fans..... Yep, that's why we suck. 

    @d-bone said:

    Yep, that's why..... It has nothing to do with the players, coaches and FO..... It's all because of the fans..... Yep, that's why we suck. 

    Well we can’t hire good coaches or officemen when we fire them every year, and they’re the ones that evaluate and coach the players. 

    We also have a team full of rookies. 

    So yeah. That is why. 

    @dawgs89 said:

    Who is out there that would be an upgrade as coach & GM? No " Anyone but these guys". Legit question.

    They won’t answer. And if I really do a search, we will find most of them loved the Hue hire. It’s a joke. 

  • @dawgs89 said:

    Who is out there that would be an upgrade as coach & GM? No " Anyone but these guys". Legit question.

    No one could be any worse

    @browns149 said:

    No one could be any worse

    That may be the case. I want to hear names though.

  • I was waiting on this topic to arrive, and I didn't have to wait very long.  

    Now that I've calmed down a little from yet another embarrassing failure, I have the ability to calmly comment on a Browns thread without losing my mind and telling the entire organization to kill themselves.  That being said, I hate them.  When CBS reported very early that Hue Jackson texted Deshaun Watson on the day of the draft and told him to "be ready", I almost lost it.  Imagine how fun it would be to watch a young man like that.  Imagine how fun it would be to have a rookie QB setting records.  Let yourself think about the actual enjoyment of football instead of the weekly circus we are subjected to.  The Texans' QB last year had a total of 16 or 17 TDs all year, so their offense was NOT very good.  Watson now has a combined 17 or so through FIVE EFFING GAMES.  

    You can bet your rear-end that members of the press are going to be asking about what CBS reported, and you can bet that Hue Jackson is going to get really ticked off.  Obviously we don't know what happened on draft day, but if our front office traded the pick and Hue literally thought we were getting Watson, then it's over.  Hue will either leave or get fired because no coach can handle that, and I wouldn't blame Hue one bit.  Try and imagine Watson playing in the offense Hue Jackson likes to run.  The mobile QB plays, the read-option stuff, the deep throwing...it's everything Watson excels at.  And what's more, Watson is tremendous in the red zone.  For starters, he doesn't throw it to the wrong team, and that really helps in football I'm told.  Yeah, he threw a pick 6, but who cares?  He didn't need to be careful.  He probably should've had two pick-6's, but Hopkins made a great play on the ball.  

    This front office whiffed on Carson Wentz, and then they whiffed on Deshaun Watson.  We all know how tortured our franchise is by the QB position, and we traded back TWICE now and have gotten next to nothing on our return.  If YOU were the owner, would you let those clowns keep their jobs?  Would you be willing to give them a pass when the player to pick is right in front of your face and you continue to screw it up?  THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS A QB.  Like, literally.  Nothing else matters.  When Hue was brought in, he said that his biggest job was to get the QB situation figured out.  We are now almost a season and half into this new debacle, and we are NOWHERE CLOSE to having a single thing figured out, and I can't take much more.  

    I don't know if "firing everyone" is the answer, but I have to tell you, I can't believe the front office will keep their jobs if we don't have the right QB in place by the end of the year.   I can't stand this, and neither can anybody else. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    When CBS reported very early that Hue Jackson texted Deshaun Watson on the day of the draft and told him to "be ready", I almost lost it.

    Yeah, the Harvard Think Tank rules.  And apparently they don't know jackShit about QB's.

  • It doesn't matter who I want to be the head coach.

    What does matter is there's a decent chance this team wins 3 games or less in 2 seasons combined.

    Hue isn't surviving this. Not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying I can't see this season ending and SOMEONE not paying for it. I think it will be Hue.

  • Much like what the owners are currently doing with the Anthem rules, I have to wonder when they will get together and vote to disband the Browns to protect the best interests of the league....... 

  • Blow it up again Jimmy.

    This team has very little talent, FO fault

    And they have ZERO discipline. Terrible play calling on BOTH sides of the ball, coaches fault

    If anyone thinks we are heading in the right direction, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL!!!! 

    0-16 here we come. 

    @browns149 said:

    Blow it up again Jimmy.

    This team has very little talent, FO fault

    And they have ZERO discipline. Terrible play calling on BOTH sides of the ball, coaches fault

    If anyone thinks we are heading in the right direction, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL!!!! 

    0-16 here we come. 

    Jimmy's the real problem here. I mean apart from him being a Steeler and a crook. When he came in I made my peace with it because I thought it couldn't get worse, now I'm looking back at those Mangini and Pettine years nostalgically because at lease we won a few games back then.

    First order of business is to kick that crook back to Pittsburgh.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    What?  Why?  He's a rookie, they make mistakes.  The difference is, our rookie doesn't do anything good.  There has to be a dang balance.  You make a mistake, and then you score.  You make another mistake, but then you score again.  OUR QB DOESN'T SCORE ANY POINTS, MAN. 

    Some people value consistency, man.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Some people value consistency, man.

    Those people must love the Browns, then.

  • Much like what the owners are currently doing with the Anthem rules, I have to wonder when they will get together and vote to disband the Browns to protect the best interests of the league....... 

    @d-bone said:

    Much like what the owners are currently doing with the Anthem rules, I have to wonder when they will get together and vote to disband the Browns to protect the best interests of the league....... 

    Getting demoted to the CFL.

  • Hue did promise to jump in lake Erie....and keel haul the dumber than a bag o hammers owner.

  • @d-bone said:

    Much like what the owners are currently doing with the Anthem rules, I have to wonder when they will get together and vote to disband the Browns to protect the best interests of the league....... 

    Getting demoted to the CFL.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Getting demoted to the CFL.

    You think the CFL would take us? Maybe we'd be competitive in Pop Warner.

  • Today Hue said "I'm not swimming in that lake" of being 1-15 again........ Phuck swimming in it coach, that body of water is named after you. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Getting demoted to the CFL.

    You think the CFL would take us? Maybe we'd be competitive in Pop Warner.

    @marc1971 said:

    You think the CFL would take us? Maybe we'd be competitive in Pop Warner.

    I wonder how they would "stack" up in the LFL?

  • I'm not saying it's right or wrong either, but Hue isn't exempt from the outrage.  His red zone play calls have been atrocious, and I hate to bring it up again, but the WR screen pass to Hawkins at the end of the Steelers game last year...that lost the game.  We could've done so many other things there, but no...Hue decided to throw the ball 20 feet to the side, to the smallest player on the team, and we lost 8 yards.  Who does that?  The fullback fumble against the Redskins?  Was that REALLY the best time for someone's first career rushing attempt?  Calling an option with your QB when your team ran the ball up and down the field?  Who does that?  How many times have we successfully executed the freaking option play, yet on the most important play of the dang year, you call THAT play?  REALLY?  Now, it's possible Kizer switched to that play and it wasn't Hue's fault, but I doubt it.  It's got Hue written all over it.  

    The front office most certainly isn't going to catch a break here, and let's look at the idiots THEY drafted, ok?  Out of the 4 WR's they drafted last year, I absolutely hate...all of them.  Way to go!  100% success rate.  I mostly hate Ogbah and Nassib, and I also hate Corey Coleman.  I don't care if he's injured...he provides next to nothing.  So what about THIS year's first rounders?  Well, I love Myles Garrett, so there's ONE they accidentally got correct.  As I said before the season, David Njoku won't have a ton of yards this year, but he'll be an immediate red zone threat.  So far, that's about accurate.  I'm pretty sure he's going to be a solid, if not spectacular player.  I WOULD like to see Njoku actually break a tackle and get a long gain (like in college), but he's yet to do anything like that.  And then there's Jabril, can't do a dang thing right, Peppers.  I loathe him.  I hate him.  I can't stand to hear his name.  He's the screen door on a submarine.  The titties on a bull.  The magnum condom in the white neighborhood's pharmacy.  He's got absolutely NO purpose, NO position, and NO BUSINESS on the field.  He takes terrible angles, can't cover anyone, and has yet to do ANYTHING that makes me think he was worth being drafted...let alone in the dang first round.

    However, after all of those failures, there's really only two players that matter.  Our front office didn't draft Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson, and that's what will get everyone fired.  To make matters even worse (is that POSSIBLE?!), our idiot GM said, "We didn't think Carson Wentz was a top 20 QB".  Why even MAKE that statement?  Do you know how dumb it makes you look?  Oh, but don't worry...it gets even WORSE (STILL POSSIBLE?!).  CBS reported, and basically insinuated, that Hue Jackson was set to draft Watson and the front office traded the pick.  Game...set...match.

    To be clear, I am NOT saying I want everyone fired.  We all know what happens when a team does THAT, but I don't see a way around it because there's been SO MANY mistakes, and how is a boss supposed to respond?