They ALL must go
-
I've said this before and I'll continue to say it. Do NOT hire anyone arrogant and absorbed in their own dogma. This includes people who are "FOOTBALL GUYS!@!#@#@#" because then they draft "FOOTBALL GUYS@#@@#@#". You know who tried that approach? McDaniels. That's how you get Tebow.
Sashi needs his role reduced. You need someone who's willing to assign grades to players, but also understanding how you arrived at those grades. Example - Corey Coleman played in the B12 against shitty DB's and was routinely the beneficiary of great 1on1 scheming by Art Briles.
I will give him the benifit of the doubt considering he has been injured and he came into the league without any real injury history. But seriously, as much as this FO has sucked (I like alot of the picks, but completely dismantling the roster by itself if firing worthy) and as much as the coaching has sucked, we need to just let them ride it out for at least 1-2 more years. If we EVER was to attact an actual GM or coaching talent to this team, they need to know they won't be fired right off the bat, which we currently can't do, because the owner has a history of firing people right off the bat.
I will give him the benifit of the doubt considering he has been injured and he came into the league without any real injury history. But seriously, as much as this FO has sucked (I like alot of the picks, but completely dismantling the roster by itself if firing worthy) and as much as the coaching has sucked, we need to just let them ride it out for at least 1-2 more years. If we EVER was to attact an actual GM or coaching talent to this team, they need to know they won't be fired right off the bat, which we currently can't do, because the owner has a history of firing people right off the bat.
If theses people are here for another 2 years, I will not be a fan anymore.
I don’t care about the Jimmy firing machine. This experiment HAS NOT WORKED AT ALL. Keeping these guys around after this year is useless and pointless. They will not get any better with non football people picking the players.
-
I've said this before and I'll continue to say it. Do NOT hire anyone arrogant and absorbed in their own dogma. This includes people who are "FOOTBALL GUYS!@!#@#@#" because then they draft "FOOTBALL GUYS@#@@#@#". You know who tried that approach? McDaniels. That's how you get Tebow.
Sashi needs his role reduced. You need someone who's willing to assign grades to players, but also understanding how you arrived at those grades. Example - Corey Coleman played in the B12 against shitty DB's and was routinely the beneficiary of great 1on1 scheming by Art Briles.
I will give him the benifit of the doubt considering he has been injured and he came into the league without any real injury history. But seriously, as much as this FO has sucked (I like alot of the picks, but completely dismantling the roster by itself if firing worthy) and as much as the coaching has sucked, we need to just let them ride it out for at least 1-2 more years. If we EVER was to attact an actual GM or coaching talent to this team, they need to know they won't be fired right off the bat, which we currently can't do, because the owner has a history of firing people right off the bat.
[W]e need to just let them ride it out for at least 1-2 more years. If we EVER was to attact an actual GM or coaching talent to this team, they need to know they won't be fired right off the bat, which we currently can't do, because the owner has a history of firing people right off the bat.
One more. That sends the message that you'll get a fair chance (three drafts, three seasons) to show how your process is working but if you can't show real progress in that time (better than 0 to 3 wins per season) you're done. I just can't see the owner waiting two more.
-
Ah, yes. Blow it up again. Blow it up every year. Shmuck it. They got enough time....
This was the first REAL rebuild we've done in a while. We started from scratch. It was going to take a while. That should have been obvious.
-
I miss the good old days of 3-4 wins a year.
-
I miss the good old days of 3-4 wins a year.
I miss the good old days of 3-4 wins a year.
Hallowed times for sure. Like once a season we'd scare some powerhouse for a couple quarters before the collected themselves and realized who they were playing. Glory days for sure......need some nfl films music just thinking about it
-
And old fat people have a hard time getting erections, what’s your point?
You're young and a fat butt, plus can't get an erection (or a girl), that must really suck!
-
I was waiting on this topic to arrive, and I didn't have to wait very long.
Now that I've calmed down a little from yet another embarrassing failure, I have the ability to calmly comment on a Browns thread without losing my mind and telling the entire organization to kill themselves. That being said, I hate them. When CBS reported very early that Hue Jackson texted Deshaun Watson on the day of the draft and told him to "be ready", I almost lost it. Imagine how fun it would be to watch a young man like that. Imagine how fun it would be to have a rookie QB setting records. Let yourself think about the actual enjoyment of football instead of the weekly circus we are subjected to. The Texans' QB last year had a total of 16 or 17 TDs all year, so their offense was NOT very good. Watson now has a combined 17 or so through FIVE EFFING GAMES.
You can bet your rear-end that members of the press are going to be asking about what CBS reported, and you can bet that Hue Jackson is going to get really ticked off. Obviously we don't know what happened on draft day, but if our front office traded the pick and Hue literally thought we were getting Watson, then it's over. Hue will either leave or get fired because no coach can handle that, and I wouldn't blame Hue one bit. Try and imagine Watson playing in the offense Hue Jackson likes to run. The mobile QB plays, the read-option stuff, the deep throwing...it's everything Watson excels at. And what's more, Watson is tremendous in the red zone. For starters, he doesn't throw it to the wrong team, and that really helps in football I'm told. Yeah, he threw a pick 6, but who cares? He didn't need to be careful. He probably should've had two pick-6's, but Hopkins made a great play on the ball.
This front office whiffed on Carson Wentz, and then they whiffed on Deshaun Watson. We all know how tortured our franchise is by the QB position, and we traded back TWICE now and have gotten next to nothing on our return. If YOU were the owner, would you let those clowns keep their jobs? Would you be willing to give them a pass when the player to pick is right in front of your face and you continue to screw it up? THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS A QB. Like, literally. Nothing else matters. When Hue was brought in, he said that his biggest job was to get the QB situation figured out. We are now almost a season and half into this new debacle, and we are NOWHERE CLOSE to having a single thing figured out, and I can't take much more.
I don't know if "firing everyone" is the answer, but I have to tell you, I can't believe the front office will keep their jobs if we don't have the right QB in place by the end of the year. I can't stand this, and neither can anybody else.
-
Ok, so who gets the pitchforks and who gets the torches?
-
Hire a President of football ops and let him hire the gm and coach
and make sure the President is a FOOTBALL guy
I've said this before and I'll continue to say it. Do NOT hire anyone arrogant and absorbed in their own dogma. This includes people who are "FOOTBALL GUYS!@!#@#@#" because then they draft "FOOTBALL GUYS@#@@#@#". You know who tried that approach? McDaniels. That's how you get Tebow.
Sashi needs his role reduced. You need someone who's willing to assign grades to players, but also understanding how you arrived at those grades. Example - Corey Coleman played in the B12 against shitty DB's and was routinely the beneficiary of great 1on1 scheming by Art Briles.
I've said this before and I'll continue to say it. Do NOT hire anyone arrogant and absorbed in their own dogma. This includes people who are "FOOTBALL GUYS!@!#@#@#" because then they draft "FOOTBALL GUYS@#@@#@#". You know who tried that approach? McDaniels. That's how you get Tebow.
Sashi needs his role reduced. You need someone who's willing to assign grades to players, but also understanding how you arrived at those grades. Example - Corey Coleman played in the B12 against shitty DB's and was routinely the beneficiary of great 1on1 scheming by Art Briles.
X Panthers GM- David Getelman..and i can do without 2nd hand trade down picks & if SB needs to go to do it..hit the door..Getelman can evaluate Hue rest of season..this plan only works if your willing to get off your 70M cap & winning is not there plan..don't care what they say.. they are a embarrassment to the uniform..
-
I'm having a hard time jumping on the WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED WATSON bandwagon when the person suggesting it admits Watson should have thrown TWO pick sixes against the Browns.
-
Ok, so who gets the pitchforks and who gets the torches?
Ok, so who gets the pitchforks and who gets the torches?
Trump supporters in Charlottesville?

Sorry, too easy....
-
I'm having a hard time jumping on the WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED WATSON bandwagon when the person suggesting it admits Watson should have thrown TWO pick sixes against the Browns.
I'm having a hard time jumping on the WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED WATSON bandwagon when the person suggesting it admits Watson should have thrown TWO pick sixes against the Browns.
What? Why? He's a rookie, they make mistakes. The difference is, our rookie doesn't do anything good. There has to be a dang balance. You make a mistake, and then you score. You make another mistake, but then you score again. OUR QB DOESN'T SCORE ANY POINTS, MAN.
-
I'm having a hard time jumping on the WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED WATSON bandwagon when the person suggesting it admits Watson should have thrown TWO pick sixes against the Browns.
What? Why? He's a rookie, they make mistakes. The difference is, our rookie doesn't do anything good. There has to be a dang balance. You make a mistake, and then you score. You make another mistake, but then you score again. OUR QB DOESN'T SCORE ANY POINTS, MAN.
What? Why? He's a rookie, they make mistakes. The difference is, our rookie doesn't do anything good. There has to be a dang balance. You make a mistake, and then you score. You make another mistake, but then you score again. OUR QB DOESN'T SCORE ANY POINTS, MAN.
Some people value consistency, man.
-
Ok, so who gets the pitchforks and who gets the torches?
Trump supporters in Charlottesville?

Sorry, too easy....
Trump supporters in Charlottesville?

Sorry, too easy....
Nope, you see politics where I made reference to a work of great literature.
Profiling is bad....mkay
-
Trump supporters in Charlottesville?

Sorry, too easy....
Nope, you see politics where I made reference to a work of great literature.
Profiling is bad....mkay
Nope, you see politics where I made reference to a work of great literature.
Profiling is bad....mkay
Frankenstein?
-
Nope, you see politics where I made reference to a work of great literature.
Profiling is bad....mkay
Frankenstein?
Frankenstein?
Of course. And March straight to the Haslam mansion and string em up!
-
Aaaand that’s why we suck
Yep, that's why..... It has nothing to do with the players, coaches and FO..... It's all because of the fans..... Yep, that's why we suck.
Yep, that's why..... It has nothing to do with the players, coaches and FO..... It's all because of the fans..... Yep, that's why we suck.
Well we can’t hire good coaches or officemen when we fire them every year, and they’re the ones that evaluate and coach the players.
We also have a team full of rookies.
So yeah. That is why.
Who is out there that would be an upgrade as coach & GM? No " Anyone but these guys". Legit question.
They won’t answer. And if I really do a search, we will find most of them loved the Hue hire. It’s a joke.
-
No one could be any worse
That may be the case. I want to hear names though.
-
I was waiting on this topic to arrive, and I didn't have to wait very long.
Now that I've calmed down a little from yet another embarrassing failure, I have the ability to calmly comment on a Browns thread without losing my mind and telling the entire organization to kill themselves. That being said, I hate them. When CBS reported very early that Hue Jackson texted Deshaun Watson on the day of the draft and told him to "be ready", I almost lost it. Imagine how fun it would be to watch a young man like that. Imagine how fun it would be to have a rookie QB setting records. Let yourself think about the actual enjoyment of football instead of the weekly circus we are subjected to. The Texans' QB last year had a total of 16 or 17 TDs all year, so their offense was NOT very good. Watson now has a combined 17 or so through FIVE EFFING GAMES.
You can bet your rear-end that members of the press are going to be asking about what CBS reported, and you can bet that Hue Jackson is going to get really ticked off. Obviously we don't know what happened on draft day, but if our front office traded the pick and Hue literally thought we were getting Watson, then it's over. Hue will either leave or get fired because no coach can handle that, and I wouldn't blame Hue one bit. Try and imagine Watson playing in the offense Hue Jackson likes to run. The mobile QB plays, the read-option stuff, the deep throwing...it's everything Watson excels at. And what's more, Watson is tremendous in the red zone. For starters, he doesn't throw it to the wrong team, and that really helps in football I'm told. Yeah, he threw a pick 6, but who cares? He didn't need to be careful. He probably should've had two pick-6's, but Hopkins made a great play on the ball.
This front office whiffed on Carson Wentz, and then they whiffed on Deshaun Watson. We all know how tortured our franchise is by the QB position, and we traded back TWICE now and have gotten next to nothing on our return. If YOU were the owner, would you let those clowns keep their jobs? Would you be willing to give them a pass when the player to pick is right in front of your face and you continue to screw it up? THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS A QB. Like, literally. Nothing else matters. When Hue was brought in, he said that his biggest job was to get the QB situation figured out. We are now almost a season and half into this new debacle, and we are NOWHERE CLOSE to having a single thing figured out, and I can't take much more.
I don't know if "firing everyone" is the answer, but I have to tell you, I can't believe the front office will keep their jobs if we don't have the right QB in place by the end of the year. I can't stand this, and neither can anybody else.
When CBS reported very early that Hue Jackson texted Deshaun Watson on the day of the draft and told him to "be ready", I almost lost it.
Yeah, the Harvard Think Tank rules. And apparently they don't know jackShit about QB's.
-
It doesn't matter who I want to be the head coach.
What does matter is there's a decent chance this team wins 3 games or less in 2 seasons combined.
Hue isn't surviving this. Not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying I can't see this season ending and SOMEONE not paying for it. I think it will be Hue.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login