Skip to content

Report: Browns Begin Searching For New Football Executive

The Browns Board
152 40 7.6k
  • Trust The Process? Guess not. 

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @d-bone said:

    Trust The Process? Guess not.

    dats right....per mike florio on the pregame....quote from him....YET ANOTHER REBOOT....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA...TOLD YA DEM DER SHMUKING IDIOTS....CHACHI AND LAMEBRAIN WERE IDIOTS.....TOLD YA LONG TIME AGO.....my guess...when they go to london, they stay there and find a real shmuking owner...even if they get a soccer owner, its a billion times better than what this shmuck knows about football....jimmy da slimeball...

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by flyingfooldoug
    #7

    All those draft picks and zero playmakers.  Wentz, Watson, Trubisky weren't good enough. Kessler, Kizer and Hogan are soooooooooo much better.  4 WRs, all bust. Their version of analytics is more akin to analprobing.

  • D Dawgs89 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Bring in finger Vermeil.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I think it's great news they are looking for a football guy to run the FO. I also don't believe this necessarily means a complete blow up. It's conceivable the coaching staff stays intact. That's especially true is Jimmy feels the real failures been in Sashi. 

  • At this point in the season, you have to ask yourself if there’s been an improvement over last years 1-15 season.

    I don’t see any progression, I see regression.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @canton-dawg said:

    At this point in the season, you have to ask yourself if there’s been an improvement over last years 1-15 season.

    I don’t see any progression, I see regression.

    You clearly didn’t see our defense last year. 

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #11

    You guys are actually gonna act like you’re vindicated because Hairtrigger Jimmy might agree with you on something? Lol ok. 

  • I think it's great news they are looking for a football guy to run the FO. I also don't believe this necessarily means a complete blow up. It's conceivable the coaching staff stays intact. That's especially true is Jimmy feels the real failures been in Sashi. 

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @jcam222 said:

    I think it's great news they are looking for a football guy to run the FO. I also don't believe this necessarily means a complete blow up. It's conceivable the coaching staff stays intact. That's especially true is Jimmy feels the real failures been in Sashi. 

    No. No. No! IF (big if) Haslman wants to restart... again. He has to do it right.  Hire a GM then let him pick the coach, then let him hire his coaching staff.  Suggest he keep Williams on D, but other than that, hire your guy at the top, then get the HELL out of the way.

    Thats the ONLY way it works!!

  • You guys are actually gonna act like you’re vindicated because Hairtrigger Jimmy might agree with you on something? Lol ok. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @wargograw said:

    You guys are actually gonna act like you’re vindicated because Hairtrigger Jimmy might agree with you on something? Lol ok. 

    I don't consider 1-21, a couple blowouts, little progress exactly hair trigger reaction. Experiment over? Could be.

  • @jcam222 said:

    I think it's great news they are looking for a football guy to run the FO. I also don't believe this necessarily means a complete blow up. It's conceivable the coaching staff stays intact. That's especially true is Jimmy feels the real failures been in Sashi. 

    No. No. No! IF (big if) Haslman wants to restart... again. He has to do it right.  Hire a GM then let him pick the coach, then let him hire his coaching staff.  Suggest he keep Williams on D, but other than that, hire your guy at the top, then get the HELL out of the way.

    Thats the ONLY way it works!!

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by Clevfan4life
    #14

    @thenew23 said:

    No. No. No! IF (big if) Haslman wants to restart... again. He has to do it right.  Hire a GM then let him pick the coach, then let him hire his coaching staff.  Suggest he keep Williams on D, but other than that, hire your guy at the top, then get the HELL out of the way.

    Thats the ONLY way it works!!

    Omg fuk you dude. A new coach with a new staff......yeah, thats exactly what we need. Cause i really want to run  a 2-5 next year or some new dumb Sheet. Jackson and williams stay ffs. Just as we're doing at least some things right...run defense, decent running game.....no lets start all over again with a new defensive scheme and ol blocking scheme

    we've done that how many times in the ladt 7 years and where has it gotten us?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    At this point in the season, you have to ask yourself if there’s been an improvement over last years 1-15 season.

    I don’t see any progression, I see regression.

    You clearly didn’t see our defense last year. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @wargograw said:

    You clearly didn’t see our defense last year. 

    I saw a 1-15 season last year...what did you see?

  • @jcam222 said:

    I think it's great news they are looking for a football guy to run the FO. I also don't believe this necessarily means a complete blow up. It's conceivable the coaching staff stays intact. That's especially true is Jimmy feels the real failures been in Sashi. 

    No. No. No! IF (big if) Haslman wants to restart... again. He has to do it right.  Hire a GM then let him pick the coach, then let him hire his coaching staff.  Suggest he keep Williams on D, but other than that, hire your guy at the top, then get the HELL out of the way.

    Thats the ONLY way it works!!

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @thenew23 said:

    No. No. No! IF (big if) Haslman wants to restart... again. He has to do it right.  Hire a GM then let him pick the coach, then let him hire his coaching staff.  Suggest he keep Williams on D, but other than that, hire your guy at the top, then get the HELL out of the way.

    Thats the ONLY way it works!!

    We can agree to disagree 🙂 I don't think there is such a thing as "the ONLY way". Putting Sashi back where he belongs in a business role and bringing in a football guy as GM could work with the existing staff IF they like the existing staff. 

  • @wargograw said:

    You guys are actually gonna act like you’re vindicated because Hairtrigger Jimmy might agree with you on something? Lol ok. 

    I don't consider 1-21, a couple blowouts, little progress exactly hair trigger reaction. Experiment over? Could be.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @hoorta said:

    I don't consider 1-21, a couple blowouts, little progress exactly hair trigger reaction

    No kidding..... We're quickly closing in on NFL ineptitude history, and yet he thinks "everything is juuuuuuuust fine".

    LMAO 😆

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    It’s about 3 weeks late

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I don’t want a new exec coming in. They might be able to evaluate talent and that doesn’t fit into the plan. We need to accumulate lots of picks to use on lots of CFL talent.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    HIRE PEYTON MANNING 

  • HIRE PEYTON MANNING 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @browns149 said:

    HIRE PEYTON MANNING 

    Can we actually hire someone with front office experience instead of a sexy name with no coaching or front office experience please?

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #22

    So, who here thinks that if this story is true the new hire will make a real difference next season? And how do you define a real difference?

    What would be acceptable? And who is available that you would want?

    Not trying to trash the idea, just wondering what people see on the horizon.

  • @wargograw said:

    You guys are actually gonna act like you’re vindicated because Hairtrigger Jimmy might agree with you on something? Lol ok. 

    I don't consider 1-21, a couple blowouts, little progress exactly hair trigger reaction. Experiment over? Could be.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @hoorta said:

    I don't consider 1-21, a couple blowouts, little progress exactly hair trigger reaction. Experiment over? Could be.

    Well, it is. Sorry you don’t see it. All the talent was taken off of this team. You expected suckage and got it. Now you act surprised. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Omg fuk you dude. A new coach with a new staff......yeah, thats exactly what we need. Cause i really want to run  a 2-5 next year or some new dumb Sheet. Jackson and williams stay ffs. Just as we're doing at least some things right...run defense, decent running game.....no lets start all over again with a new defensive scheme and ol blocking scheme

    we've done that how many times in the ladt 7 years and where has it gotten us?

    It’ll work this time I swear!!!!!

    @canton-dawg said:

    I saw a 1-15 season last year...what did you see?

    A defense ranked 32.

  • @hoorta said:

    I don't consider 1-21, a couple blowouts, little progress exactly hair trigger reaction. Experiment over? Could be.

    Well, it is. Sorry you don’t see it. All the talent was taken off of this team. You expected suckage and got it. Now you act surprised. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Omg fuk you dude. A new coach with a new staff......yeah, thats exactly what we need. Cause i really want to run  a 2-5 next year or some new dumb Sheet. Jackson and williams stay ffs. Just as we're doing at least some things right...run defense, decent running game.....no lets start all over again with a new defensive scheme and ol blocking scheme

    we've done that how many times in the ladt 7 years and where has it gotten us?

    It’ll work this time I swear!!!!!

    @canton-dawg said:

    I saw a 1-15 season last year...what did you see?

    A defense ranked 32.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #24

    @wargograw said:

    A defense ranked 32.

    So how many games do you see our vastly improved defense winning this year?

    I’m thinking we go 0-16.

  • @wargograw said:

    A defense ranked 32.

    So how many games do you see our vastly improved defense winning this year?

    I’m thinking we go 0-16.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @canton-dawg said:

    So how many games do you see our vastly improved defense winning this year?

    I’m thinking we go 0-16.

    More than zero. I offered to put my money on it last week. Offer’s still good. Put up or shut up. 

    And just because you don’t win YET doesn’t mean you’re not improved? Why is this such a hard concept for folks?