Skip to content

Report: Browns Begin Searching For New Football Executive

The Browns Board
152 40 7.6k
  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I don’t want a new exec coming in. They might be able to evaluate talent and that doesn’t fit into the plan. We need to accumulate lots of picks to use on lots of CFL talent.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    HIRE PEYTON MANNING 

  • HIRE PEYTON MANNING 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @browns149 said:

    HIRE PEYTON MANNING 

    Can we actually hire someone with front office experience instead of a sexy name with no coaching or front office experience please?

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #22

    So, who here thinks that if this story is true the new hire will make a real difference next season? And how do you define a real difference?

    What would be acceptable? And who is available that you would want?

    Not trying to trash the idea, just wondering what people see on the horizon.

  • @wargograw said:

    You guys are actually gonna act like you’re vindicated because Hairtrigger Jimmy might agree with you on something? Lol ok. 

    I don't consider 1-21, a couple blowouts, little progress exactly hair trigger reaction. Experiment over? Could be.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @hoorta said:

    I don't consider 1-21, a couple blowouts, little progress exactly hair trigger reaction. Experiment over? Could be.

    Well, it is. Sorry you don’t see it. All the talent was taken off of this team. You expected suckage and got it. Now you act surprised. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Omg fuk you dude. A new coach with a new staff......yeah, thats exactly what we need. Cause i really want to run  a 2-5 next year or some new dumb Sheet. Jackson and williams stay ffs. Just as we're doing at least some things right...run defense, decent running game.....no lets start all over again with a new defensive scheme and ol blocking scheme

    we've done that how many times in the ladt 7 years and where has it gotten us?

    It’ll work this time I swear!!!!!

    @canton-dawg said:

    I saw a 1-15 season last year...what did you see?

    A defense ranked 32.

  • @hoorta said:

    I don't consider 1-21, a couple blowouts, little progress exactly hair trigger reaction. Experiment over? Could be.

    Well, it is. Sorry you don’t see it. All the talent was taken off of this team. You expected suckage and got it. Now you act surprised. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Omg fuk you dude. A new coach with a new staff......yeah, thats exactly what we need. Cause i really want to run  a 2-5 next year or some new dumb Sheet. Jackson and williams stay ffs. Just as we're doing at least some things right...run defense, decent running game.....no lets start all over again with a new defensive scheme and ol blocking scheme

    we've done that how many times in the ladt 7 years and where has it gotten us?

    It’ll work this time I swear!!!!!

    @canton-dawg said:

    I saw a 1-15 season last year...what did you see?

    A defense ranked 32.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
    #24

    @wargograw said:

    A defense ranked 32.

    So how many games do you see our vastly improved defense winning this year?

    I’m thinking we go 0-16.

  • @wargograw said:

    A defense ranked 32.

    So how many games do you see our vastly improved defense winning this year?

    I’m thinking we go 0-16.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @canton-dawg said:

    So how many games do you see our vastly improved defense winning this year?

    I’m thinking we go 0-16.

    More than zero. I offered to put my money on it last week. Offer’s still good. Put up or shut up. 

    And just because you don’t win YET doesn’t mean you’re not improved? Why is this such a hard concept for folks?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    So how many games do you see our vastly improved defense winning this year?

    I’m thinking we go 0-16.

    More than zero. I offered to put my money on it last week. Offer’s still good. Put up or shut up. 

    And just because you don’t win YET doesn’t mean you’re not improved? Why is this such a hard concept for folks?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
    #26

    @wargograw said:

    More than zero. I offered to put my money on it last week. Offer’s still good. Put up or shut up. 

    And just because you don’t win YET doesn’t mean you’re not improved? Why is this such a hard concept for folks?

    Because we have gotten worse

    do you watch the games

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    This team has gotten worse every week. 

    No progress at all

  • @browns149 said:

    HIRE PEYTON MANNING 

    Can we actually hire someone with front office experience instead of a sexy name with no coaching or front office experience please?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Can we actually hire someone with front office experience instead of a sexy name with no coaching or front office experience please?

    I have John Lynch on line 1 for you.  

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Hard to stomach watching teams with rookie qbs winning games every year, and we can't even do it with veterans. 

    Winston,  Marriota,  Goff,  Wentz,  Watson,  Prescott,  all looked better in their first few games than anyone we've had in a decade. 

    Save the "those teams have more weapons" cowpoop.  Yeah,  they do, cuz they don't waste their high draft picks on crap.  

    It's impossible to suck every year,  get high draft picks every year,  and get consistently worse. Unless you're the Browns. 

    Pathetic.  

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    How about Peyton Manning 

  • Hard to stomach watching teams with rookie qbs winning games every year, and we can't even do it with veterans. 

    Winston,  Marriota,  Goff,  Wentz,  Watson,  Prescott,  all looked better in their first few games than anyone we've had in a decade. 

    Save the "those teams have more weapons" cowpoop.  Yeah,  they do, cuz they don't waste their high draft picks on crap.  

    It's impossible to suck every year,  get high draft picks every year,  and get consistently worse. Unless you're the Browns. 

    Pathetic.  

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @sd_tom said:

    Hard to stomach watching teams with rookie qbs winning games every year, and we can't even do it with veterans. 

    Winston,  Marriota,  Goff,  Wentz,  Watson,  Prescott,  all looked better in their first few games than anyone we've had in a decade. 

    Save the "those teams have more weapons" cowpoop.  Yeah,  they do, cuz they don't waste their high draft picks on crap.  

    It's impossible to suck every year,  get high draft picks every year,  and get consistently worse. Unless you're the Browns. 

    Pathetic.  

    Well said

  • Hard to stomach watching teams with rookie qbs winning games every year, and we can't even do it with veterans. 

    Winston,  Marriota,  Goff,  Wentz,  Watson,  Prescott,  all looked better in their first few games than anyone we've had in a decade. 

    Save the "those teams have more weapons" cowpoop.  Yeah,  they do, cuz they don't waste their high draft picks on crap.  

    It's impossible to suck every year,  get high draft picks every year,  and get consistently worse. Unless you're the Browns. 

    Pathetic.  

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @sd_tom said:

    Hard to stomach watching teams with rookie qbs winning games every year, and we can't even do it with veterans. 

    Winston,  Marriota,  Goff,  Wentz,  Watson,  Prescott,  all looked better in their first few games than anyone we've had in a decade. 

    Save the "those teams have more weapons" cowpoop.  Yeah,  they do, cuz they don't waste their high draft picks on crap.  

    It's impossible to suck every year,  get high draft picks every year,  and get consistently worse. Unless you're the Browns. 

    Pathetic.  

    Oh come on....... Don't you know you have to wait like 5 years for The Process to work?

    Those other teams don't know what the hell they are doing...... we do. 

  • How about Peyton Manning 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @browns149 said:

    How about Peyton Manning 

    I think someone with experience would be the way to go

  • sydS syd

    @browns149 said:

    How about Peyton Manning 

    I think someone with experience would be the way to go

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @syd said:

    I think someone with experience would be the way to go

    Elway had no experience 

  • sydS syd

    @browns149 said:

    How about Peyton Manning 

    I think someone with experience would be the way to go

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @syd said:

    I think someone with experience would be the way to go

    Then why did the use Sashi and DePodesta 

  • @syd said:

    I think someone with experience would be the way to go

    Then why did the use Sashi and DePodesta 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @browns149 said:

    Then why did the use Sashi and DePodesta 

    hahaha hell if I know

  • sydS syd

    @browns149 said:

    Then why did the use Sashi and DePodesta 

    hahaha hell if I know

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @syd said:

    hahaha hell if I know

    Haslam got swindled 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Again