Skip to content

Fan Survey

The Browns Board
23 8 889
  • As Cleveland Sports fans, should we naturally gravitate toward the Columbus BlueJackets as our NHL team of choice?  I say we probably should....as there is nothing wrong with the team per se. I like their logo.   But I just don't get an emotional attachment to them.....unlike say the Buckeyes who play in the same town. Thoughts?

    Couldn't give two shits about them. I'm a Cleveland fan, Columbus means nothing to me, other than that is where my girlfriend is from and she is a Buckeyes fan, and Blue Jackets I would presume.

    My Hockey History:

    Cleveland Crusaders of WHA ... Then Cleveland Barons of NHL -> Minnesota North Stars  ... That died when Stars moved to Dallas, fuck that.

    So I follow Buffalo Sabres (Closest team to birth home) and Panthers and Lighting (closest teams to my home now) but I can't manufacture feelings for an expansion team in Columbus who I have never known one of their players.

    Zombo

  • As Cleveland Sports fans, should we naturally gravitate toward the Columbus BlueJackets as our NHL team of choice?  I say we probably should....as there is nothing wrong with the team per se. I like their logo.   But I just don't get an emotional attachment to them.....unlike say the Buckeyes who play in the same town. Thoughts?

    Couldn't give two shits about them. I'm a Cleveland fan, Columbus means nothing to me, other than that is where my girlfriend is from and she is a Buckeyes fan, and Blue Jackets I would presume.

    My Hockey History:

    Cleveland Crusaders of WHA ... Then Cleveland Barons of NHL -> Minnesota North Stars  ... That died when Stars moved to Dallas, fuck that.

    So I follow Buffalo Sabres (Closest team to birth home) and Panthers and Lighting (closest teams to my home now) but I can't manufacture feelings for an expansion team in Columbus who I have never known one of their players.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Couldn't give two shits about them. I'm a Cleveland fan, Columbus means nothing to me, other than that is where my girlfriend is from and she is a Buckeyes fan, and Blue Jackets I would presume.

    My Hockey History:

    Cleveland Crusaders of WHA ... Then Cleveland Barons of NHL -> Minnesota North Stars  ... That died when Stars moved to Dallas, Shmuck that.

    So I follow Buffalo Sabres (Closest team to birth home) and Panthers and Lighting (closest teams to my home now) but I can't manufacture feelings for an expansion team in Columbus who I have never known one of their players.

    Zombo

    The NHL pulled the plug so fast on the Barons that it never had a chance to get any legs or develop any kind of following.  And I recall being pissed off about that....as I believe it may have been able to work given time.

    And I guess the answer for me is:  unlike you who have some loyalties to Buffalo and to where you live now....there is no other, better team in the NHL for me to root for.....so it is either the Bluejackets....or some of those Canadian teams who have not won in forever, like Ottawa/Vancouver/Toronto.

  • As Cleveland Sports fans, should we naturally gravitate toward the Columbus BlueJackets as our NHL team of choice?  I say we probably should....as there is nothing wrong with the team per se. I like their logo.   But I just don't get an emotional attachment to them.....unlike say the Buckeyes who play in the same town. Thoughts?

    Couldn't give two shits about them. I'm a Cleveland fan, Columbus means nothing to me, other than that is where my girlfriend is from and she is a Buckeyes fan, and Blue Jackets I would presume.

    My Hockey History:

    Cleveland Crusaders of WHA ... Then Cleveland Barons of NHL -> Minnesota North Stars  ... That died when Stars moved to Dallas, fuck that.

    So I follow Buffalo Sabres (Closest team to birth home) and Panthers and Lighting (closest teams to my home now) but I can't manufacture feelings for an expansion team in Columbus who I have never known one of their players.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Couldn't give two shits about them. I'm a Cleveland fan, Columbus means nothing to me, other than that is where my girlfriend is from and she is a Buckeyes fan, and Blue Jackets I would presume.

    My Hockey History:

    Cleveland Crusaders of WHA ... Then Cleveland Barons of NHL -> Minnesota North Stars  ... That died when Stars moved to Dallas, Shmuck that.

    So I follow Buffalo Sabres (Closest team to birth home) and Panthers and Lighting (closest teams to my home now) but I can't manufacture feelings for an expansion team in Columbus who I have never known one of their players.

    Zombo

    A couple years ago I decided to start (somewhat) following the NHL, and I also decided on the Buffalo Sabres as my team. They are relatively close, in a city similar to Cleveland, have a great logo, and I could never be accused of being a front runner! 😆

  • Here is this week's survey......about fan bases.    (I am not asking questions about the Browns....unless they are part of this.....why torture  ourselves):

    These questions apply to all major league teams, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, not just football  (but not college sports...that is another animal altogether)

    1. Which fan base is the stupidest when it comes to knowing stuff about their team, their league etc.?

    B. A subset...but a difference: which fan base is the most clueless.

    2. Which fan base come off as the biggest whiners?

    3. Which fan base comes off as the most arrogant?

    4. Which fan base is the most "fair weathered"?  i.e.  who only mainly support their team when they win.

    5. Which fan base attracts the most FRAKs?  (FRAK = FrontRunnerAssKissers).  Note, there is a big difference between being fair weathered and being FRAKs. Let me know if you need that explained.

    6. Which fan base seems the most knowledgeable?

    7. Which fan base seems the most loyal?

    8. Which fan base is the most suffering?

    9. Which fan base seems to have the most fun? (regardless of the outcome of games)

    10. What fan base would you perhaps like to be a member of if you were not a member of the one you are now?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey......about fan bases.    (I am not asking questions about the Browns....unless they are part of this.....why torture  ourselves):

    These questions apply to all major league teams, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, not just football  (but not college sports...that is another animal altogether)

    1. Which fan base is the stupidest when it comes to knowing stuff about their team, their league etc.?

    Any west coast or sunny Florida team.

    B. A subset...but a difference: which fan base is the most clueless.

    Ghoolie says it all the time...Browns fans.

    Gotta trust what Ghoolie says.

    Kidding aside, a browns fan isn't anymore clueless or smarter then a Steeler fan , or a Bengal fan, or a Bills fan...we're all the same.

    2. Which fan base come off as the biggest whiners?

    Browns and Bengals fans... always whining about the Steelers playing too rough, among other things.

    3. Which fan base comes off as the most arrogant?

    It used to be Browns fans...back in the day the Browns were Gods gift to football, but after nearly 30 years of losing the Browns mystique is no more.

    No one stands out as arrogant to me. I suppose NY or Philly if I had to choose.

    4. Which fan base is the most "fair weathered"?  i.e.  who only mainly support their team when they win.

    Bengals

    5. Which fan base attracts the most FRAKs?  (FRAK = FrontRunnerAssKissers).  Note, there is a big difference between being fair weathered and being FRAKs. Let me know if you need that explained.

    Fan bases don't attract FRAKS, teams do.

    That designation would go to the Steelers...a sizable population in Ohio have jumped on the Steeler bandwagon. These front running butt kissers are are your own people.

    Dallas is right there as well.

    6. Which fan base seems the most knowledgeable?

    Knowledgeable about what?  Is the question referring to the X and O's/ todays players?  Or NFL history/trivia?

    Regardless I don't know how you could determine that.

    7. Which fan base seems the most loyal?

    I've always had the impression Raider, Buffalo, and Philly fans were loyal.

    8. Which fan base is the most suffering?

    Cleveland without a doubt.

    The most suffering yes, but also the most bitter....

    The dregs of the division. Every team in the division has a winning record vs the Browns...once neck and neck with the bengals who have now pulled away.

    One of only 4 teams to have never appeared in a Super Bowl.

    The Drive, The Fumble.

    The Move

    Art Modell

    A storied franchise sadly now the laughingstock of the NFL.

    9. Which fan base seems to have the most fun? (regardless of the outcome of games)

    If there are fans still having fun after a loss they aint right.

    10. What fan base would you perhaps like to be a member of if you were not a member of the one you are now?

    That question is illogical.

  • These kinds of polls are a double edged sword. If we are being honest, the a lot of NFL teams really have idiotic, poorly educated fans. This is an epidemic that started, IMHO with the Three Rivers Stadium Steelers Era. I think this is when the SB mania really started. Steeler fans couldn't talk much about their heritage (which is pretty rich, too), so they instead would ask, "How Many Sooper Bowl rigs do yunz have.

    I like to jam you guys about Browns fans being ordinary, and delusional about being something special, However, Ghoolisms aside, no matter how you slice it, Browns fans tend to be much better armed with historically significant football facts than most folks........painting with a broad stroke, here.

    Later in the poll Gipper asks some question or other about taking the pain of losing and coming back for more. I have never in my life seen fans support a team like Browns fans do. Since we don't have the glitz, the cheerleaders, the boistrous owner or the big market, what is it that keeps this ridiculous fire burning? I believe it is a fanship infected with a passion for history, camaraderie, as well as our familial connections that date back to the very beginnings of pro football. You will never find this anywhere else.

    Recently, I knocked the ball out of the park with my Steeler knowledge. I attained that knowledge not because I love the Steeler, but rather because I loved the Browns and wanted to know everything possible about our most hated rival. I really can't rate other fans, but the first time that I realized how weird some of these goobers are was when I lived in Nashville and took in a Titans game. The crowd around me was talking about everything but football.

    Browns fans lead the pack. For the life of me I don't know what the hell we are leading, but we are relentless.

    B. A subset...but a difference: which fan base is the most clueless.

    2. Which fan base come off as the biggest whiners?

    3. Which fan base comes off as the most arrogant?

    4. Which fan base is the most "fair weathered"?  i.e.  who only mainly support their team when they win.

    5. Which fan base attracts the most FRAKs?  (FRAK = FrontRunnerAssKissers).  Note, there is a big difference between being fair weathered and being FRAKs. Let me know if you need that explained.

    6. Which fan base seems the most knowledgeable?

    7. Which fan base seems the most loyal?

    8. Which fan base is the most suffering?

    9. Which fan base seems to have the most fun? (regardless of the outcome of games)

    10. What fan base would you perhaps like to be a member of if you were not a member of the one you are now?

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Nope, and I hate baseball and the Red Sox.

    The Red Sox and Browns are in eerily similar situations. Boston is in a division with a team with the most World Championships. The Browns are in a division with a team with the most World Championships. Both fan bases are tormented by dynasties. Both teams have endured championship droughts. That makes Browns fans just like Red Sox fans.

    Welll......here is an example of where you exhibit your ignorance.  The Browns are NOT in a division with a team with the most Championships.....the Lions, Bears and Vikings are in that division.  The Browns have as many championships as all the rest of the teams in their division combined.  And the Browns are not haunted by a dynasty....the Browns may in fact...not may...DO...have the greatest pro football dynasty ever.

    And what kind of ignorance does it take to say that the Red Sox are enduring a championship drought?  They have won 3 in the last 13 or so years.  How is that a drought.    Yet, even having won those, they still whine like Shmucking babies.

  • Here is this week's survey......about fan bases.    (I am not asking questions about the Browns....unless they are part of this.....why torture  ourselves):

    These questions apply to all major league teams, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, not just football  (but not college sports...that is another animal altogether)

    1. Which fan base is the stupidest when it comes to knowing stuff about their team, their league etc.?

    Any west coast or sunny Florida team.

    B. A subset...but a difference: which fan base is the most clueless.

    Ghoolie says it all the time...Browns fans.

    Gotta trust what Ghoolie says.

    The fact that you say this, and cite Ghoolie is clear evidence of the contention of the rest of us that the Steeler fan base is the stupidest around.

    Kidding aside, a browns fan isn't anymore clueless or smarter then a Steeler fan , or a Bengal fan, or a Bills fan...we're all the same.

    OK, though...this is possibly true.

    2. Which fan base come off as the biggest whiners?

    Browns and Bengals fans... always whining about the Steelers playing too rough, among other things.

    again...more evidence of the ignorance of Steeler fans.  And of the fact that you obviously don't watch much in the way of other sports.

    3. Which fan base comes off as the most arrogant?

    It used to be Browns fans...back in the day the Browns were Gods gift to football, but after nearly 30 years of losing the Browns mystique is no more.

    I doubt you are old enough to remember when the Browns were a dynasty. I doubt you are old enough to remember when the Steelers were a dynasty. How old are you anyway

    No one stands out as arrogant to me. I suppose NY or Philly if I had to choose.

    4. Which fan base is the most "fair weathered"?  i.e.  who only mainly support their team when they win.

    Bengals

    5. Which fan base attracts the most FRAKs?  (FRAK = FrontRunnerAssKissers).  Note, there is a big difference between being fair weathered and being FRAKs. Let me know if you need that explained.

    Fan bases don't attract FRAKS, teams do.

    That designation would go to the Steelers...a sizable population in Ohio have jumped on the Steeler bandwagon. These front running butt kissers are are your own people.

    OK, if so then they should have a broomstick shoved right up their asses.

    Dallas is right there as well.

    6. Which fan base seems the most knowledgeable?

    Knowledgeable about what?  Is the question referring to the X and O's/ todays players?  Or NFL history/trivia?

    Regardless I don't know how you could determine that.

    You can determine it by just your general impressions.  Sure, there may be no scientific way to prove this. This is not life or death....just an opinion.

    7. Which fan base seems the most loyal?

    I've always had the impression Raider, Buffalo, and Philly fans were loyal.

    8. Which fan base is the most suffering?

    Cleveland without a doubt.

    The most suffering yes, but also the most bitter....

    Again...more evidence of Steeler fan ignorance.  If the Steeler fan base endured what we have....there would be no Steeler fan base.

    The dregs of the division. Every team in the division has a winning record vs the Browns...once neck and neck with the bengals who have now pulled away.

    One of only 4 teams to have never appeared in a Super Bowl.

    The Drive, The Fumble.

    The Move

    Art Modell

    A storied franchise sadly now the laughingstock of the NFL.

    But, yet, we around here still have won more Championships than any other city in America (tied with Green Bay).

    Call us when you are even half way to our total. (you would have to win one more to do that....catch up half way)

    9. Which fan base seems to have the most fun? (regardless of the outcome of games)

    If there are fans still having fun after a loss they aint right.

    Maybe this is your problem....you have no perspective. These are still games, a sport, entertainment. 

  • Here is this week's survey......about fan bases.    (I am not asking questions about the Browns....unless they are part of this.....why torture  ourselves):

    These questions apply to all major league teams, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, not just football  (but not college sports...that is another animal altogether)

    1. Which fan base is the stupidest when it comes to knowing stuff about their team, their league etc.?

    B. A subset...but a difference: which fan base is the most clueless.

    2. Which fan base come off as the biggest whiners?

    3. Which fan base comes off as the most arrogant?

    4. Which fan base is the most "fair weathered"?  i.e.  who only mainly support their team when they win.

    5. Which fan base attracts the most FRAKs?  (FRAK = FrontRunnerAssKissers).  Note, there is a big difference between being fair weathered and being FRAKs. Let me know if you need that explained.

    6. Which fan base seems the most knowledgeable?

    7. Which fan base seems the most loyal?

    8. Which fan base is the most suffering?

    9. Which fan base seems to have the most fun? (regardless of the outcome of games)

    10. What fan base would you perhaps like to be a member of if you were not a member of the one you are now?

    @the-gipper said:

    • 1. Stupidest                                   Raiders 
    • B. Most Clueless                          Chargers
    • 2. Biggest Whiners?                     Knicks  (Red Sox is a great call though Boston fans win and whine the most it seems)
    • 3. Most Arrogant?                        Yankees
    • 4. Fair Weathered?                       Heat
    • 5. FrontRunnerAssKissers         Cowboys/Lakers
    • 6. Knowledgeable?                      Spurs
    • 7. Loyal?                                        Vikings
    • 8. Suffering?                                 Indians
    • 9. Fun?                                           Saints  (Might have been the Warriors before their fan base grew to include FRAKS)
    • 10. Like to be a fan of...              76ers
  • During my Mom's last weeks and even days, in her lucid moments, she spat fire about the Browns turning it around. That's the kind of fans, Browns fans are. That's the kind of thing that bonds us together. Those are the things we talk about when we talk about Browns football. There is no fan like a Browns fan. None.

  • Zombo said:

    Couldn't give two shits about them. I'm a Cleveland fan, Columbus means nothing to me, other than that is where my girlfriend is from and she is a Buckeyes fan, and Blue Jackets I would presume.

    My Hockey History:

    Cleveland Crusaders of WHA ... Then Cleveland Barons of NHL -> Minnesota North Stars  ... That died when Stars moved to Dallas, Shmuck that.

    So I follow Buffalo Sabres (Closest team to birth home) and Panthers and Lighting (closest teams to my home now) but I can't manufacture feelings for an expansion team in Columbus who I have never known one of their players.

    Zombo

    A couple years ago I decided to start (somewhat) following the NHL, and I also decided on the Buffalo Sabres as my team. They are relatively close, in a city similar to Cleveland, have a great logo, and I could never be accused of being a front runner! 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    A couple years ago I decided to start (somewhat) following the NHL, and I also decided on the Buffalo Sabres as my team. They are relatively close, in a city similar to Cleveland, have a great logo, and I could never be accused of being a front runner! 😆

    Ah... but once upon a time... so your NHL team has that in common with the Browns.

    But I share your NHL pain...

    Yours Truly,

    A "Broad Street Bullies Era" Flyers Fan

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I said both teams have endured championship droughts dumba$$.

    Furthermore the scorecard today is Super Bowls and not dusty cobweb trophies that nobody but you gives the F about. The Steelers have the most. Whats with the constant Steeler fan whining from you anyway? Ive been there and Im going back this year. Steeler fans are pussy cats. 

    Again, you display your ignorance with the statement about Championships.  

    That is like saying that no Baseball Championships....no Championship droughts....no history at all before 1970 counts.  Complete ignorance. If history only began in like 1970...they how and why can you claim that the Red Sox endured any kind of championship drought.  You can't have it both ways.

    But I will agree with you on one thing:  Steeler fans are pussy cats when it comes to whining compared to Red Sox fans. They have their other faults...like being stupid and clueless...but they don't whine half as hard as Red Sox fans.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Dear ignoramus

    The Red Sox did NOT win a World Series from 1918 - 2004. If you dont think that 85 years is not a drought or extremely long time, have someone kick you in the nuts 85 times.

    Like I stated, there are parallels between Browns fans and Red Sox fans. Its true.

    Dear finger in the mouth.  I am well aware of the time the Red Sox went without a title.  But that is ancient history.  They have won several since.  And besides....again, according to your apparent way of thinking....All the time they went from 1918 to 1970 doesn't count in your book. 

    And, according to your professed way of thinking all the great Yankee dynasties don't count, except for the one during the 1990s.

    So, which is it going to be?  Either Sheet that happened before 1970 counts or it doesn't.   To me, it all counts....but you seem to want to act like a stupid Steeler fan and proclaim that the Big Bang didn't happen until 1970.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    So, an 85 year old WS droughts are ancient history, but AFL Championships are not.

    Mouth breathing 101

    They are all history. Yes, they all "count"....but the fact is that the "drought" is over.  So you take note of both of those historical facts.

    But, you see...YOU were the one that claimed that the pre Super Bowl Championships don't "count".  So, by YOUR way of thinking, if older championships don't count, why should an old drought count?

    I am only throwing YOUR own logic back in your face.  Do you now denounce your own statements?  You should. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I stated that BOTH the Browns and Red Sox have similarly experienced championship DROUGHTS.

    That is a 100% factual statement. To argue otherwise is idiotic, but continue on.

    I didn't argue about that.....except to say that the Red Sox drought is over and long gone. The Browns draft is clearly ongoing.

    And there is one other thing about it:   While the Red Sox may have been enduring a drought....the City of Boston certainly was not.   The Celtics were winning many titles, the Bruins a couple, and the Patriots several during the period that period of drought for the Red Sox.  In Cleveland....it was the every team in the city that endured drought. 

    So...tell me.....how many years has it been from right now since the Patriots last won a Championship?

    How many years since the Red Sox have won a championship?

    How many years since the Bruins have won a championship?

    How many years since the Celtics won a Championship?

    And, starting after1918, what is the longest period of drought that Boston had endured without a title at any point? (recognizing of course that the Pats didn't come into existance until 1960....and the Celtic until 1947...or thereabout)

    Did they have have a 52 year drought as a city like Cleveland had until a couple of years ago? 

    And, aside from all that:  do you or do you not disavow your position that anything that occurred in sports "does not count" if it happened prior to 1970?