Skip to content

All we need to complete this epic season

The Browns Board
30 13 722
  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Bring in kaepernick!!!  He can mentor our kizer and bring a positive message to the team!!!

    would cap off an awesome year of football!

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I have no doubt that he's better than any QB that we have.  But he would be stealing reps from Kizer, who really needs the reps.

    Now, if we had some sort of shot at a super bowl run, well, that would be a different story.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Yeah theres no point to kaepernick even tho he would hav beat out every other qb in tc. At this point we're better off seeing exactly what we've got in kizer. My guess is we draft a qb #1 but keep kizer and bring in another mccown like vet next year. Hogan and kessler are gone

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #4

    Heck, I say finish it off with O.J. as head of football operations, and that'll put the cherry on this dog  s h i t  filled cake. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @boo-fagley said:

    Reps throwing INTs, getting sacked and fumbling?

    That's more or less what rookies do...

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Reps throwing INTs, getting sacked and fumbling?

    That's more or less what rookies do...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @orion said:

    That's more or less what rookies do...

    Yup... until they don't... one way or the other...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I have no problem with him personally.

    But for this team, what would be the point? He's not the steady grizzled veteran QB they could use as a backup to Kizer, and his ship most likely has sailed as a viable starting QB. To me, he adds nothing.

  • I have no problem with him personally.

    But for this team, what would be the point? He's not the steady grizzled veteran QB they could use as a backup to Kizer, and his ship most likely has sailed as a viable starting QB. To me, he adds nothing.

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dutch-oven said:

    I have no problem with him personally.

    But for this team, what would be the point? He's not the steady grizzled veteran QB they could use as a backup to Kizer, and his ship most likely has sailed as a viable starting QB. To me, he adds nothing.

    Comedy value

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I actually said the same thing the other day.  If not for the media firestorm, I think we would've already done it.  Now, it would look like we're completely moving on from Kizer, and the media circus would be awful.  

    Sad because he's infinitely better than anything we have on our team, and he definitely has the PHYSICAL skills Hue Jackson likes.  Not sure about the mental side, he might have that too, but I'm guessing any QB would find it tough sledding with our group of no-name WR's.  Cmon Josh, submit the application already.  I can dream of getting Josh and Corey back on the same day, right?  BWAHAHAHAHA.  

  • Bring in kaepernick!!!  He can mentor our kizer and bring a positive message to the team!!!

    would cap off an awesome year of football!

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @kvoethe said:

    Bring in kaepernick!!!  He can mentor our kizer and bring a positive message to the team!!!

    would cap off an awesome year of football!

    😆

    WSS

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Kraeperdick is the last thing this organization needs.. We have enough black eyes and welts...

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #12

    This season is a frozen lake and the Browns are in the center. If you are going to fall through anyway, you might as well dance. Bring on Kaepernick and see if Ryan Leaf has anything left. Make this 0-16 ride a funny one.

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I know the thread was a joke but I keep seeing these stories everywhere and I still don't see this "Kap is better than half the QB's in the league" Didn't he helm that 2-14 season last year with the 49ers? 

    Has he done anything since that Super Bowl year?  And he's got rust.  

    Combine that with the fact he's a media nightmare.....dude complains about inequality and then wears a Fidel Castro shirt, then tries to explain that it was about Malcolm X not Fidel then sounds like a complete moron when asked about it.... and people wonder why he is unemployed?  They think Kizer makes bad decisions in the redzone? Kap makes bad decisions all the time...

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Reps throwing INTs, getting sacked and fumbling?

    That's more or less what rookies do...

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @orion said:

    That's more or less what rookies do...

    unless their names are prescott, wentz, watson or just altogether better picks than a bum from notre dame. thanks for cursing that school for us quinn.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #15

    I actually believe there is a way out of the public outrage for the guy. Make some sort of announcement that maybe this form of protest was ill-conceived but that he believes in his mission. He thinks that mission could be better served through other means and is willing to do it if we can get some people together. 

    ( I don't think that was the case with Isaiah Crowell who just got popped and acted out of his own self-interest)

    He, Kap,  has at least always to some extent put his money where his knee is. The others are just being copycat jerks because they hate the president.

    The reason I don't want him is because he was a team cancer in San Francisco and he sucks. And he seems too arrogant to be a team player if the reports on turning down back up money are true. So that's that.

    WSS

  • Kraeperdick is the last thing this organization needs.. We have enough black eyes and welts...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @nickers said:

    Kraeperdick is the last thing this organization needs.. We have enough black eyes and welts...

    Hey! Black eyes matter!

    I couldn't resist..

    @westside-steve said:

    I actually believe there is a way out of the public outrage for the guy. Make some sort of announcement that maybe this form of protest was ill-conceived but that he believes in his mission. He thinks that mission could be better served through other means and is willing to do it if we can get some people together. 

    ( I don't think that was the case with Isaiah Crowell who just got popped and acted out of his own self-interest)

    He, Kap,  has at least always to some extent put his money where his knee is. The others are just being copycat jerks because they hate the president.

    The reason I don't want him is because he was a team cancer in San Francisco and he sucks. And he seems too arrogant to be a team player if the reports on turning down back up money are true. So that's that.

    I've been mulling over a post on this for a while now for the Political section. Not sure I have it right yet, but since you opened the door here...

    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

    Kaep's revised form of protest was not "ill-conceived". Let us pause to remember that his original "form" was to sit. After speaking with law enforcement, vets and others, who while sympathetic with his cause were put off by his chosen form, he changed it to one with which they at minimum were more comfortable. Thereafter he knelt rather than sat.

    His stance on the underlying issue was nothing new. It/he received only minor coverage over the months he's raised it prior to taking a knee. His action did what protest is designed to do... it drew attention... it raised awareness... to and of the issue of social injustice... one form of our nation's lack of perfection. It worked until the target of the context of the form was high-jacked.

    The form was twisted into meaning something different out of manufactured indignation largely supplied by our President who was determined to wrap himself and our military in our flag thus claiming a symbol of our nation, our less than perfect nation, for himself and his base. We'll leave whether his other actions are consistent with his words in this instance for another time. For now I'll simply state that our flag is not his. Our flag is not his base's. Possession is not determined by level of reverence... even genuine, heart-felt reverence.

    "The others" who have followed Kaep's lead are reacting to our President's attempts to suspend their First amendment rights. They may or may not "hate him", but we, as in any country-loving, liberty-loving American, should all hate his actions. While Kaep may be the only player who has paid a price to date, every player who took a knee did so knowing their livelihood could be stripped away as a result.

    The protest may end now that the NFL is on the road of picking up the cause, Kaep's cause, and backing it with time and money.

    As for Crow... I guess his subsequent meetings with law enforcement, donation(s) and public contrition were all in self-interest as well. Was the tee-shirt impulsive? A reasonable assessment. Self-interested? Not even close...

    As for Kaep, the teammate and player... latter first. By some individual measures, INT% and TD:INT ratio, Kaep had his best season as a pro in his final year as a 49er... and that was coming off a season ending injury the prior year under legendary HC, Tomsula, only to return under equally legendary HC, Chip Kelly. Kaep may not have been the least of SF's problems that season, but he was close to it. Summary below... Stats here... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

    Kaepernick enjoyed a solid 2016 campaign with the Niners after taking over the reins of the offense from Blaine Gabbert after the first month. He completed 59.2 percent of his passes for 2,241 yards to go along with 16 passing touchdowns and just four interceptions in 12 games. The 29-year-old Nevada product finished 17th in passer rating, beating out the likes of Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer and Eli Manning. He also added 468 yards and two TDs on the ground.

    Teammate? IIRC we know not all 49ers embraced his protesting. But also IIRC he did not say anything bad about any teammate who did not do so. We do know some chose to join him... sitting at first and later standing. One last point... he could have chosen to stay in SF this season. He chose not to do so. He walked away from millions... over $10mm due from a freshly signed contract the prior season. He removed himself from any controversy he might have been inflicting in SF. Selflessly? Perhaps not, as FA QBs with his skill set aren't in abundance, but he walked with no assurance that what has come to pass would not come to pass, i.e., his continued unemployment. And that continued unemployment has called attention to his issue stance without "inconveniencing" a single NFL locker room.

    I get that those who have served in our military may hold a level of reverence to our flag that six years of hand-over-heart, school-day pledges did not instill in me. But while that pledge begins "to the flag" it goes beyond that "to the country for which it stands". It is "the country" in which I emotionally invest.

    Had I spent additional years saluting it at revelry... years having it be a piece of "home" during deployment... even once seeing it draped over the coffin of a friend who had fallen by my side, then I would likely revere it as a stand alone entity, but I experienced none of that. For me, in general, it remains a symbol of "the country for which it stands."

    I say "in general" because there is one flag that carries additional meaning to me... the inherited, folded flag presented to my Mother at my Father's funeral. The flag awarded in thanks for his service, his state-side service, near the end of WWII. The flag that was later encased by one of my parents' closest friends. The encased flag I still proudly display in my home. The encased flag that will pass to my veteran Daughter upon my passing.

    That flag is safe and will be "revered" for at least for one more generation of my family twig... the generation who got to meet and know my Father. Anything anyone does before, under, over or to any other flag anywhere, cannot touch my flag.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #17

    Tour

    I don't care about his cause, but if I did I think there are probably better ways of alleviating some of those problems but that's not the point.

    I understand that he is within his rights to do pretty much whatever he wants piss on the flag burn it wipe his butt on it all constitutionally-protected forms of what you see as protest. It's a fake argument to pretend that people are trying to take away his rights and you know it.

    But just like he has his rights of free speech people that he has insulted in order to make his point have an equal right to dislike him and decide not to purchase the product he represents. Just like if I was to start off each show by burning a flag and telling people I was protesting crime in the inner City. Or making a Sig Heil hand motion. (But that would probably offend you so you would want me dragged off the field in cuffs. 😉)

    But if I'm driving customers away my employer will probably fire me or make me stop it. That's their right isn't it? 

    But these guys are paid to entertain us like I'm paid to entertain people. I'm not paid to Regale my audiences with anti Hillary or Bernie or the Democrat of the week rants.

    But mostly besides the bad publicity I don't want him here because he's an azzhole and he sucks.

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    So basically you ignored my post... got it.

  • So basically you ignored my post... got it.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

    So basically you ignored my post... got it.

    Not really. I think you went off the rails with this false Narrative of somebody's rights. It's not about that.

    I did take note that you don't find the same reverence in the flag or the anthem has others might but I decided just not to pick on you for it. I understand that. 

    I've also read enough stories back in the day saying that he didn't get along with the rest of the team. I'm sure after his little protest the ones who don't like white people took his side.

    Once more its just public relations. Still I would guess if any team thought he could bring them a championship they'd hold their nose and pulled the trigger. See Isaiah Crowell who isn't even that good. Or actually any of the gun-toting wife-beating  knife holding  dirtbags  that are still on somebody's roster . My original point was that I thought the guy can find a PR way to take a little bit of the stink off of his public Persona and maybe get a job. That's all... 

    What point exactly do you think I glossed over or ignored? I mean one that was relevant to bring him in?

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #20

    As for him being the best quarterback on our roster I don't buy it. I would imagine that Josh McCown Brock Osweiler or even Johnny Manziel would be the best quarterback on the roster at this point but that's not what the fo wants to do.

    😉

    WSS