Skip to content

Ghoolie Goes To London

The Browns Board
49 22 2.3k
  • @ghoolie said:

    So after a tough week of saying good bye to my Mom, and dealing with the most problematic family imaginable, I am enjoying my first day back home with my new puppy. Busy day, lot's to do, but the pup was a comfort. Then I go to the mail box and what do I find? A Browns Board International Custom printed Jersey. It's amazing the friends that one makes with this ridiculous, maddening team of ours.

    So, hee we are, I am reduced to once again pulling for the Browns not only in 2 weeks in London, but schidt, I can't rightly not pull for them against the Titans. You wanna talk weird fans? Titans fans are mondo bizarro.

    Ghoolie For London.jpg

    Are you actually going to London for the game?

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @the-gipper said:

    Are you actually going to London for the game?

    No my friend, only in spirit. But for me, trust me, that will be good enough.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Are you actually going to London for the game?

    No my friend, only in spirit. But for me, trust me, that will be good enough.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @ghoolie said:

     trust me, that will be good enough.

    so the curse will live on.......across the atlantic.

    here's my pit smooch

    pugs3:09_8.JPG

  • @the-gipper said:

    Should we make Ghoolie's dog.....Stella, the official mascot of the Browns Board?   What do you say Ghoolie?   You know how I like that dog for her name.....because, as we have discussed....my favorite dog that I had was also named Stella.  (for all of you....she died many years ago)

    i named her Stella. She gets into so much mischief, it takes my fat arse so long to run her down, I wind up being like Marlon Brando in Streetcar named desire....................STELLA...............................STELLA.  Here she is. 

    Stella 3.jpg

    Stella 1.jpg

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @ghoolie said:

    i named her Stella. She gets into so much mischief, it takes my fat arse so long to run her down, I wind up being like Marlon Brando in Streetcar named desire....................STELLA...............................STELLA.  Here she is. 

    Stella 3.jpg

    Stella 1.jpg

    she looks like she's got her groove back

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I got mine yesterday! Thanks a million!!

    😁

    WSS

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Good job on the shirt Mik...Tom wears it well.

    What did you name the pup? (I hope it wasn't Tarkenton)

    Uhhhm....you just quoted my post wherein I talk about the dog's name being Stella. Ghoolie and I had conversations about this, here and on Facebook. Didn't you read the post you quoted?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    Uhhhm....you just quoted my post wherein I talk about the dog's name being Stella. Ghoolie and I had conversations about this, here and on Facebook. Didn't you read the post you quoted?

    I didn’t try to quote your post. It was my first attempt at posting using an iPhone. Might be last.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #32

    Love Stella's ears.  Nice markings too.

    Oscar, my Boston Terrier is getting close to 2 yrs old.  He's a big Boston......30 lbs.  My previous dog, Heidi, was in between a mini and standard Dachshund.  Heidi loved us to death.  Oscar loves us....but he'd rather wrestle than anything else. 🙂

    ...wasn't allowed to have pets as a kid.  My mother was deathly afraid of them....but I brought Heidi over my parent's house quite often so she could see what a good dog was like....she wound up putting water out for her when we came over. 🙂  I'll never forget the look on my mom's face the first time I said to Heidi, "You ready to go!"  and she ran to the door and started barking. 🙂  

    I love dogs!

    --------------------------------------

    As a public service announcement:

    We're going to be experiencing the ORIONIDS meteor shower of the next few late nights.  The Orionids are of Haley's Comet.  They're called the Orionids because they seem to emanate from the constellation Orion (which rises kinda' late at night right now).  -  You would need patience to see Orionid meteors.

    Now, back to the Westminster Dog Show....or your local broadcast. 

  • Love Stella's ears.  Nice markings too.

    Oscar, my Boston Terrier is getting close to 2 yrs old.  He's a big Boston......30 lbs.  My previous dog, Heidi, was in between a mini and standard Dachshund.  Heidi loved us to death.  Oscar loves us....but he'd rather wrestle than anything else. 🙂

    ...wasn't allowed to have pets as a kid.  My mother was deathly afraid of them....but I brought Heidi over my parent's house quite often so she could see what a good dog was like....she wound up putting water out for her when we came over. 🙂  I'll never forget the look on my mom's face the first time I said to Heidi, "You ready to go!"  and she ran to the door and started barking. 🙂  

    I love dogs!

    --------------------------------------

    As a public service announcement:

    We're going to be experiencing the ORIONIDS meteor shower of the next few late nights.  The Orionids are of Haley's Comet.  They're called the Orionids because they seem to emanate from the constellation Orion (which rises kinda' late at night right now).  -  You would need patience to see Orionid meteors.

    Now, back to the Westminster Dog Show....or your local broadcast. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @orion said:

    Love Stella's ears.  Nice markings too.

    Oscar, my Boston Terrier is getting close to 2 yrs old.  He's a big Boston......30 lbs.  My previous dog, Heidi, was in between a mini and standard Dachshund.  Heidi loved us to death.  Oscar loves us....but he'd rather wrestle than anything else. 🙂

    ...wasn't allowed to have pets as a kid.  My mother was deathly afraid of them....but I brought Heidi over my parent's house quite often so she could see what a good dog was like....she wound up putting water out for her when we came over. 🙂  I'll never forget the look on my mom's face the first time I said to Heidi, "You ready to go!"  and she ran to the door and started barking. 🙂  

    I love dogs!

    I love dogs, too. A great gift to man. We had to put down two pups over the past year, and as you know, it was horrible. Life moves forward, and Stella has done wonders for me.

  • @orion said:

    Love Stella's ears.  Nice markings too.

    Oscar, my Boston Terrier is getting close to 2 yrs old.  He's a big Boston......30 lbs.  My previous dog, Heidi, was in between a mini and standard Dachshund.  Heidi loved us to death.  Oscar loves us....but he'd rather wrestle than anything else. 🙂

    ...wasn't allowed to have pets as a kid.  My mother was deathly afraid of them....but I brought Heidi over my parent's house quite often so she could see what a good dog was like....she wound up putting water out for her when we came over. 🙂  I'll never forget the look on my mom's face the first time I said to Heidi, "You ready to go!"  and she ran to the door and started barking. 🙂  

    I love dogs!

    I love dogs, too. A great gift to man. We had to put down two pups over the past year, and as you know, it was horrible. Life moves forward, and Stella has done wonders for me.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @ghoolie said:

    I love dogs, too. A great gift to man. We had to put down two pups over the past year, and as you know, it was horrible. Life moves forward, and Stella has done wonders for me.

    I hear ya, I’ve had a dog in my home for for the majority of my life. I also had to put down my two dogs in the last 11 months. I decided I didn’t want anymore dogs. That lasted about...2 months. I went to the rescue shelter last month, and brought home a BIG bundle of energy. Here’s Isabelle (I call her Izzy).

    F3224017-A976-4E13-BE3D-AA4177AC6DD6.jpeg

  • @ghoolie said:

    I love dogs, too. A great gift to man. We had to put down two pups over the past year, and as you know, it was horrible. Life moves forward, and Stella has done wonders for me.

    I hear ya, I’ve had a dog in my home for for the majority of my life. I also had to put down my two dogs in the last 11 months. I decided I didn’t want anymore dogs. That lasted about...2 months. I went to the rescue shelter last month, and brought home a BIG bundle of energy. Here’s Isabelle (I call her Izzy).

    F3224017-A976-4E13-BE3D-AA4177AC6DD6.jpeg

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @canton-dawg said:

    I hear ya, I’ve had a dog in my home for for the majority of my life. I also had to put down my two dogs in the last 11 months. I decided I didn’t want anymore dogs. That lasted about...2 months. I went to the rescue shelter last month, and brought home a BIG bundle of energy. Here’s Isabelle (I call her Izzy).

    F3224017-A976-4E13-BE3D-AA4177AC6DD6.jpeg

    Beautiful puppy. We too, had to put down 2 puppies in 11 months. Your dog is a lucky dog.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I believe often that my dog and cat (yep love my cat) are the only thing between me and insanity lol. 

  • I believe often that my dog and cat (yep love my cat) are the only thing between me and insanity lol. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @jcam222 said:

    I believe often that my dog and cat (yep love my cat) are the only thing between me and insanity lol. 

    I think it is safe to say that animals help us in many ways. No matter how bad your day, a pet will make things better. I just don't get people who don't love animals.

  • Love Stella's ears.  Nice markings too.

    Oscar, my Boston Terrier is getting close to 2 yrs old.  He's a big Boston......30 lbs.  My previous dog, Heidi, was in between a mini and standard Dachshund.  Heidi loved us to death.  Oscar loves us....but he'd rather wrestle than anything else. 🙂

    ...wasn't allowed to have pets as a kid.  My mother was deathly afraid of them....but I brought Heidi over my parent's house quite often so she could see what a good dog was like....she wound up putting water out for her when we came over. 🙂  I'll never forget the look on my mom's face the first time I said to Heidi, "You ready to go!"  and she ran to the door and started barking. 🙂  

    I love dogs!

    --------------------------------------

    As a public service announcement:

    We're going to be experiencing the ORIONIDS meteor shower of the next few late nights.  The Orionids are of Haley's Comet.  They're called the Orionids because they seem to emanate from the constellation Orion (which rises kinda' late at night right now).  -  You would need patience to see Orionid meteors.

    Now, back to the Westminster Dog Show....or your local broadcast. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @orion said:

    Love Stella's ears.  Nice markings too.

    Oscar, my Boston Terrier is getting close to 2 yrs old.  He's a big Boston......30 lbs.  My previous dog, Heidi, was in between a mini and standard Dachshund.  Heidi loved us to death.  Oscar loves us....but he'd rather wrestle than anything else. 🙂

    ...wasn't allowed to have pets as a kid.  My mother was deathly afraid of them....but I brought Heidi over my parent's house quite often so she could see what a good dog was like....she wound up putting water out for her when we came over. 🙂  I'll never forget the look on my mom's face the first time I said to Heidi, "You ready to go!"  and she ran to the door and started barking. 🙂  

    I love dogs!

    --------------------------------------

    As a public service announcement:

    We're going to be experiencing the ORIONIDS meteor shower of the next few late nights.  The Orionids are of Haley's Comet.  They're called the Orionids because they seem to emanate from the constellation Orion (which rises kinda' late at night right now).  -  You would need patience to see Orionid meteors.

    Now, back to the Westminster Dog Show....or your local broadcast. 

    Is this true about the meteors? I actually saw one last night as I was looking up at a low flying plane. (Live near the airport).

    Regarding Westminster........years ago I had a Srigo Rottie that was magnificent. I learned very quickly that these huge dog shows are about payola. Talk about a nasty business. Now we rescue pittbuls. Woof Woof!

  • @orion said:

    Love Stella's ears.  Nice markings too.

    Oscar, my Boston Terrier is getting close to 2 yrs old.  He's a big Boston......30 lbs.  My previous dog, Heidi, was in between a mini and standard Dachshund.  Heidi loved us to death.  Oscar loves us....but he'd rather wrestle than anything else. 🙂

    ...wasn't allowed to have pets as a kid.  My mother was deathly afraid of them....but I brought Heidi over my parent's house quite often so she could see what a good dog was like....she wound up putting water out for her when we came over. 🙂  I'll never forget the look on my mom's face the first time I said to Heidi, "You ready to go!"  and she ran to the door and started barking. 🙂  

    I love dogs!

    --------------------------------------

    As a public service announcement:

    We're going to be experiencing the ORIONIDS meteor shower of the next few late nights.  The Orionids are of Haley's Comet.  They're called the Orionids because they seem to emanate from the constellation Orion (which rises kinda' late at night right now).  -  You would need patience to see Orionid meteors.

    Now, back to the Westminster Dog Show....or your local broadcast. 

    Is this true about the meteors? I actually saw one last night as I was looking up at a low flying plane. (Live near the airport).

    Regarding Westminster........years ago I had a Srigo Rottie that was magnificent. I learned very quickly that these huge dog shows are about payola. Talk about a nasty business. Now we rescue pittbuls. Woof Woof!

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #39

    @ghoolie said:

    Is this true about the meteors? I actually saw one last night as I was looking up at a low flying plane. (Live near the airport).

    Yeah, the peak of the Orionids is nowish.  -  The one you saw last night is possibly an Orionid, from Haley's Comet (the path of)......or it's just a stray grain of dust/rock that pops into the atmosphere.  Happens every day.  -  I just came in from burning in my chimenea...and watching the sky (mostly watching the fire).    Didn't see any shooting stars.  It's not the greatest meteor shower.  And it's not anywhere near the actual comet head (Haley's).  

    The Dachshund has never won Westminster.  But my Heidi never cared.  

    Neither has the Boston Terrier....I don't think Oscar minds either. 🙂  (the dumb a$$ likes to eat $hit off the ground....bunny poop is a delicacy)

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Just checked the mail, got mine. I’m leaving for the Bahamas for a week and you best believe it was the first shirt I packed. It’s a hell of a shirt, you really outdid yourself this year. Thanks a million, man.

    As for you Ghoolie - you can be abrasive and a hell of a blowhard but I have no doubt you’re a good guy. Still thinking about you and your family. Sheet sucks, man. 

  • Just checked the mail, got mine. I’m leaving for the Bahamas for a week and you best believe it was the first shirt I packed. It’s a hell of a shirt, you really outdid yourself this year. Thanks a million, man.

    As for you Ghoolie - you can be abrasive and a hell of a blowhard but I have no doubt you’re a good guy. Still thinking about you and your family. Sheet sucks, man. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Just checked the mail, got mine. I’m leaving for the Bahamas for a week and you best believe it was the first shirt I packed. It’s a hell of a shirt, you really outdid yourself this year. Thanks a million, man.

    As for you Ghoolie - you can be abrasive and a hell of a blowhard but I have no doubt you’re a good guy. Still thinking about you and your family. Sheet sucks, man. 

    Thanks man, travel safe.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Is this true about the meteors? I actually saw one last night as I was looking up at a low flying plane. (Live near the airport).

    Yeah, the peak of the Orionids is nowish.  -  The one you saw last night is possibly an Orionid, from Haley's Comet (the path of)......or it's just a stray grain of dust/rock that pops into the atmosphere.  Happens every day.  -  I just came in from burning in my chimenea...and watching the sky (mostly watching the fire).    Didn't see any shooting stars.  It's not the greatest meteor shower.  And it's not anywhere near the actual comet head (Haley's).  

    The Dachshund has never won Westminster.  But my Heidi never cared.  

    Neither has the Boston Terrier....I don't think Oscar minds either. 🙂  (the dumb a$$ likes to eat $hit off the ground....bunny poop is a delicacy)

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @orion said:

    Yeah, the peak of the Orionids is nowish.  -  The one you saw last night is possibly an Orionid, from Haley's Comet (the path of)......or it's just a stray grain of dust/rock that pops into the atmosphere.  Happens every day.  -  I just came in from burning in my chimenea...and watching the sky (mostly watching the fire).    Didn't see any shooting stars.  It's not the greatest meteor shower.  And it's not anywhere near the actual comet head (Haley's).  

    The Dachshund has never won Westminster.  But my Heidi never cared.  

    Neither has the Boston Terrier....I don't think Oscar minds either. 🙂  (the dumb a$$ likes to eat $hit off the ground....bunny poop is a delicacy)

    Got my shirt too- really cool. Regarding meteors- usually you have to get way out in the country to see a bunch of them in a meteor "shower". I'm hoping for one of these days to witness a meteor "storm". Like they did back in the 1800's with the Leonids. They were coming down so fast- you couldn't count 'em. Witnesses said it looked like it was snowing. 

    af5d356fda5e426b36e7597dd3891d25--mormon-history-november-.jpg

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by One Post
    #43

    Very cool Goulie!!

    I got my shirt too it's very cool. Thank you brother!!

    IMG_20170921_195332320.jpg

  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    wearing mine proudly up here in minny - THANK you - love it!!

  • @orion said:

    Yeah, the peak of the Orionids is nowish.  -  The one you saw last night is possibly an Orionid, from Haley's Comet (the path of)......or it's just a stray grain of dust/rock that pops into the atmosphere.  Happens every day.  -  I just came in from burning in my chimenea...and watching the sky (mostly watching the fire).    Didn't see any shooting stars.  It's not the greatest meteor shower.  And it's not anywhere near the actual comet head (Haley's).  

    The Dachshund has never won Westminster.  But my Heidi never cared.  

    Neither has the Boston Terrier....I don't think Oscar minds either. 🙂  (the dumb a$$ likes to eat $hit off the ground....bunny poop is a delicacy)

    Got my shirt too- really cool. Regarding meteors- usually you have to get way out in the country to see a bunch of them in a meteor "shower". I'm hoping for one of these days to witness a meteor "storm". Like they did back in the 1800's with the Leonids. They were coming down so fast- you couldn't count 'em. Witnesses said it looked like it was snowing. 

    af5d356fda5e426b36e7597dd3891d25--mormon-history-november-.jpg

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @hoorta said:

    I'm hoping for one of these days to witness a meteor "storm". Like they did back in the 1800's with the Leonids. They were coming down so fast- you couldn't count 'em. Witnesses said it looked like it was snowing. 

    The Leonids are one of the best.  I remember reading of that storm.  A bunch of things happened correctly.  It was a year when the head of the comet  was very near by.  And that area of New York (I believe it was upstate NY) rotated into the path at JUST the right time when the peak was at it's peak.  The townspeople were quite upset.  There were three doctors on a camping vacation in the woods.  One of them woke up to take a wizz and saw what was happening and woke the other two.  The next day they went into the town and explained what had happened to the shaken townspeople.  And everyone lived happily ever after.  

  • Very cool Goulie!!

    I got my shirt too it's very cool. Thank you brother!!

    IMG_20170921_195332320.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @one-post said:

    IMG_20170921_195332320.jpg

    This thread has gone to the dogs! Well London, BROWNS,  dogs, shirts, meteor showers......well maybe a slight improvement over the BROWNS afterall. 😆