Skip to content

On to happier topics.. 2018 Draft possibilities

The Browns Board
3 3 233
  • We're #1! In total picks - 12.

    1/1
    1/12
    2/1
    2/13
    2/31
    3/1

    Projection and thoughts:

    1/1 - No more trading, get the QB. Kizer is not the future, unless that future is a late INT across the middle.
    1/12 - LT.  They may not get McGlinchey but Orlando Brown Jr would look good in the same colors as his dad. Of course he will probably be available at 2/1 so this may get traded.  Or they go CB [Fitzpatrick? Webster?]
    2/1 - CB/LT/ WR.. CB if McFadden falls, otherwise Equanimeous at WR.
    2/13 - One didn't happen at 2/1. [Iman Marshall should be there, maybe even Orlando]
    2/31 and 3/1 - BPA. Jerome Baker OLB / Jordan Thomas CB / Dante Pettis WR / Terrell Edmunds S / Jamarco Jones OT.

  • I haven't done much research yet, but from what I understand this upcoming draft isn't very stout at WR.  That's obviously terrible news for us, but I wouldn't expect anything else.  As I've said before, I also don't love this year's crop of QB's.  I REALLY don't like Sam Darnold, and I'm also not fond of Rosen or the kid from Wyoming.  They do absolutely nothing for me.  All three guys have utterly amazing physical gifts in their own way, but we all know that doesn't mean CRAP in the NFL.  I also don't know if we need to draft a LT THAT early, but I see why you'd be thinking that, so we'll see.  

    Don't be surprised if we "go for the gold" in the upcoming WR free agency period, and we don't go for the veteran guy at the tail end of their career.  I expect us to make a play for the top WR's looking to score big, and I'd be fine with that.  In fact, I'd expect us to go after MULTIPLE WR's in 2018 because we simply don't have any.  

    The guy I REALLY want on our team is Saquon Barkley, but I'm not sure we'll be in position to draft him.  Can't take a RB with #1, and our other pick will be long after he's on the board.  It's a shame too because he's going to be a monster.  Just look at what Fournette did to the Jags' offense, what Gurley did for the Ram, and etc.  Dalvin Cook was on path to provide the Rams with something special, but an awful injury robbed him of his season.  

  • How pathetic is it that we must term a thread about the next draft a "Happier Topic"    even if it is a fact.

    As far as that goes....everyone last year was saying how weak the 2017 QB draft class was compared to what is coming out in 2018.   Really?  Does anyone see all these great QBs coming out? 

    My desire to have gone for Trubisky seems to me to have been justified.  And where was Garrett yesterday? MIA for the most part. The one sack....if he was even given credit for one....was just the Tits QB giving up on a busted play.

    But that is water over the bridge. 

    What do the Browns need?

    Defensive backs....a shutdown CB.

    Wide Receiver.....can't we just get one good one instead of drafting 5-6 bad ones.

    QB....of course, as usual....but who?  All the highly touted ones have NOT been impressive this college season. Sam Darnold may be Matt Leinert lite.

    And Sheet Maude.....if Saquon Barkley is there for the Browns...you have to take him seriously as a candidate.